AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-01-08, 10:44   Link #21
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Not yet a war, given nobody died this was very moderate from the Iranians. Question is how Trump will react to that because his voter base doesn't want a war and he knows it.
Some people died this morning, supposedly Iran shot down a passenger plane coming from Ukraine, good way to piss the Russians off
Psyco Diver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 10:58   Link #22
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Not yet a war, given nobody died this was very moderate from the Iranians. Question is how Trump will react to that because his voter base doesn't want a war and he knows it.
Considering the events of these last three years do YOU trust Trump's impulse control? You've seen how he's acted in the past in situations where not responding makes him look "weak".
Old 2020-01-08, 13:04   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Some people died this morning, supposedly Iran shot down a passenger plane coming from Ukraine, good way to piss the Russians off
This is a matter of considerable controversy. Originally the Ukrainians blamed engine trouble but have since walked that back. "Supposedly," or better "perhaps," is the operative word here until we get the results of an investigation.

Quote:
Asked at a briefing in Kyiv if the plane could have been downed by a missile, Ukraine's Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk refused to rule it out, but cautioned against speculation until the investigation concluded.

Initially, Ukraine's embassy in Iran said on Wednesday morning that engine failure caused the plane to crash and denied that it was terror-related or that a rocket had hit the aircraft.

But it later withdrew this statement, saying that anything was possible, and Mr Zelensky instructed Ukraine's prosecutors to open criminal proceedings over the crash.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ne-boeing-737/
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 12:23   Link #24
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This is a matter of considerable controversy. Originally the Ukrainians blamed engine trouble but have since walked that back. "Supposedly," or better "perhaps," is the operative word here until we get the results of an investigation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ne-boeing-737/
https://www.newsweek.com/iranians-sh...ources-1481313

Well that's not good, they can call mistake but the fact Iran tried covering it up isn't helping
Old 2020-01-09, 16:52   Link #25
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
https://www.newsweek.com/iranians-sh...ources-1481313

Well that's not good, they can call mistake but the fact Iran tried covering it up isn't helping
Similar kind of crap we have seen in Crimea a few years ago when the Malaysian Airlines plane was shot down.

Speaking as a Canadian who has no interest in seeing a war break out in the region, I have to say that the Iranian government are behaving like fucking idiots in that situation. Considering that the vast majority of the people on the plane were either full Iranian citizens or foreign nationals with Iranian roots, any attempt to cover things up is a massive disservice to their own citizens.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 20:06   Link #26
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Similar kind of crap we have seen in Crimea a few years ago when the Malaysian Airlines plane was shot down.

Speaking as a Canadian who has no interest in seeing a war break out in the region, I have to say that the Iranian government are behaving like fucking idiots in that situation. Considering that the vast majority of the people on the plane were either full Iranian citizens or foreign nationals with Iranian roots, any attempt to cover things up is a massive disservice to their own citizens.
Thats what corrupt governments tend to do, I love my country (USA) but I don't doubt for 1 second if we shot down a passenger jet they would cover it up
Old 2020-01-09, 20:59   Link #27
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Thats what corrupt governments tend to do, I love my country (USA) but I don't doubt for 1 second if we shot down a passenger jet they would cover it up
There was that airplane crash around the time of the Atlanta Olympic game than was rumored for a long time to had been shot down and the ''official'' explication given didn't convince many ( not than that would be proof or not).

In another hand, there was also the incident with the USS Vincennces during the Iran-Iraq war.
Old 2020-01-09, 22:32   Link #28
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

That's what governments do period. At least I'm not aware of any country that would behave otherwise.
Old 2020-01-09, 23:20   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Now western intel is saying the plane's engine overheated

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9276141.html

Might have been a botched pre-flight check if they were rushing to escape the place, who knows. OTOH there are the supposed pics of that Tor-M1 seeker head at the crash site so...

EDIT: Looks like it's really an itchy fingered SAM operator. https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivil...nian_airliner/ =/

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-01-10 at 08:36.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 01:36   Link #30
AnimeFan188

DOJ charged an Iranian operative with hiring Hells
Angels bikers for assassinations in the US

"An Iranian drug trafficker with ties to its spy agency has been
charged by the US Department of Justice with hiring members
of the Hells Angels biker group to carry out an assassination on
American soil."

See:

https://www.businessinsider.com/iran...-us-doj-2024-1
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote