AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 11:13   Link #61
disney72
Going Bonklers

weh?? atmosphere here is kinda down.. guys lighten up!

anyways, i have a comment on dads having mistresses. my dad has one or two, i dont care one bit on how many it is but he didnt really flaunt it. i only knew it when he finally decided to break free from this miserable world. it totally destroyed everything i thought i know about him.. so heck! i dont care anymore... yes it made me into an "I-dont-need-men-in-my-life-coz-they-are-all-the-same" type of person.. and yes.. all and i mean all the men in our family have mistresses..

this only proves one thing.. they must have some good sex appeal then.. hehehe >.<
Old 2007-08-20, 01:15   Link #62
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
@Confessa-san
Not talking about your post, lol n_n
And if ever, I wasn't offended by it all..
So why should I be offended? =P

Anyway, about the being sad thing, thanks.. n_n
I'm all better..

@Disney-san
No, it means they're ****ing damn cowards!! Those damn jerks!! I wish they get a bitter punishment for what they do..

A real men should not only be able to be the bread and butter for is family to survive. He should be able to teach values to his children most and being an example as well. He should be the one telling how God is part of our lives, not just the mother.

A man who acts all mighty and drinks beer with his friends all the time are ignorant, selfish cowards.. They are COWARDS!! They can't even fulfill their responsibility.. They are useless and should be thrown out.

Men who have mistresses should be left by his family as he has abandoned his wife, same with his kids, that's why it's called "FAMILY", he chose that slut, he dies with her.

"Why do you think a lot of marriages fall? Is the reason 'I don't love you anymore' an excuse? No, marriage is not a commitment about just the husband and the wife, but with God as well..

Marriage isn't just about love, that's the reason most marriages fail. Marriage is about the relationship of two people to God, so even if their love fades, their will to be with each other is strong because they are not only committed to each other, they both committed themselves to God.."

Then suddenly, came clear to me.. Why my dad and my mom's marriage didn't make it all through.. My dad is not godly at all, he mocks God too..

My aunt's husband doesn't like God either, so their relationship turned topsy turvy.

Marriage is not just about love, but it's about two people strenghtening their faith in God.. MARRIAGE IS A COMMITMENT TO GOD!

It's true, love does fade, but a marriage with these two commitments is less likely to do so..

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-20 at 01:26.
Old 2007-08-20, 02:51   Link #63
disney72
Going Bonklers

ohhhhhhh.... steph... breathe... relax...
Old 2007-08-20, 08:08   Link #64
Kuroineko

@ Stephanie-san: You bring up good points there about lazy, unrespecting men who leave their families unhappy because of drinking and cheating..

But about the marriage thing.. If two people don't love one another anymore it becomes very hard to live together and rise a family..

Especially if the couple is young. Then it may be better to spare the kids (if there is any) a life of maybe trouble and fighting between their parents by getting divorced.

Not everyone can just live on and pretend they are a happy family, when there is no love left... Even if they did commit themselves under god, they shouldn't keep together at the expense of the couple's and the childrens happiness.

I know because my parents lived together for 18 years but started drifting apart and argue and recently agreed on a divorce because none of them wanted to keep arguing and have a troubled life..

However, I still cannot forgive people who leave their families for some mistress/man or cheat on their wives/husbands.
And yes.. there are many bad men out there, but also cheating women. So don't pull every man across the same bridge, until you at least know the person (or at least see what type he is)

Well, that's my two cents..(or whatever you say )
Old 2007-08-20, 10:53   Link #65
Dt_Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroineko View Post
However, I still cannot forgive people who leave their families for some mistress/man or cheat on their wives/husbands.
And yes.. there are many bad men out there, but also cheating women. So don't pull every man across the same bridge, until you at least know the person (or at least see what type he is)
Yes, please don't as I am male as well
I love Maria-sama and place it within my top 5 easy but it saddens me a little when I hear of Sachiko's dislike(or fear?) of men and most recently Kanako's hatred of men as well. We are not all monsters and adulterers. (Then again, I'm single )
Old 2007-08-20, 12:35   Link #66
Stephanie

Sorry for the inconvinience of my post.. I didn't mean "ALL" men, that would be pretty silly of me
(It's not in the sex, it's in the person)

Though, in my lifetime, I know around 90% of men are.
But, of course, sometimes you can't blame me for being very biased, I think deep within me, there's that hatred.

My dad should just die with his money, I'm sick of seeing my mom cry every night..
Old 2007-08-21, 01:27   Link #67
Confessa
A White Rose

Uh...how do you make a commitment to God when you marry? Or do you do that for Christianity? Since I'm a Buddhist, I've never heard of such a thing. >.< Besides, it's not really commitment to God that matters. Like someone said here, if two people just don't love each other anymore, and simply cannot stay together anymore, it's better to divorce than live an unhappy life. The problem these days however, is that people rush into marriages without really thinking about it. Hence the higher cases of cheating on spouses (adultery, is it?), or simply unhappiness in marriage. Or sometimes..I guess the two just weren't meant for each other... Okay...I better skip off here. If I talk anymore, I'm gonna get...lost in my own words.

Anyway, there's a friend of mine who believes that arranged marriages are more likely to last longer because of the person's loyalty to his/her parents. Even if the person is unhappy, he/she will stay together with their spouse for the sake of their parents. What do you guys think about this theory?

I simply flared up. No way I'm gonna allow my parents to even think about arranging a marriage. Advice I will take. But to really find someone and tell me I'm engaged to him seems wrong.

One thing, I think I'm gonna use "Tokay" from now instead of "Okay", because my Mozilla dictionary says "Okay" is wrong and gave the former word as a replacement. It just cracked me up because it sounded hilarious. I thought there was a word "Okay", though...
Old 2007-08-21, 06:03   Link #68
3ll3s0r
So In-love with Sachiko

Dont get married if it is not for LOVE. Coz most of the times even love isn't enough. Being married is totally different.... sad to say. Even when you've been together for so long. You will still find it very difficult. Coz living together will let you find out what kind of person he really is... and you will be amaze how different he become . Those hopes that once you get married you will try to change this person... or hope that person will be like this or like that in time... forget it that ain't happening .
I grew up with hatred with my father... he doesn't care about us... all he cares for is his self and what will make him happy. I wished that time my mom will just leave him... I dont understand why dont we just leave. But I realized now it is not that easy. Divorce sounds so easy but in reality it is not. So I guess the only advice I can give is love yourself... or just always leave something for yourself
Old 2007-08-21, 10:13   Link #69
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Blah!! All this sadness about men! MEN SHOULD VANISH!! joking ofcourz.

@Steph
Aww.. But your dad is still your dad, no matter what.
I bet he loves you.

Going back to topic:
Well, MariMite is part of my life because I love the growth of the characters, I've been captivated by how they improve and all this 'positive' like atmosphere they create within one another!
Old 2007-08-21, 21:30   Link #70
Stephanie

@Confessa-san
Hmm, you don't really have to be a Christian to understand/apply what I'm saying..
It's more like this:

It's when you have VERY DEEP understanding of each other, and you guys try to help build up whatever weakness each has. You guys try to help out each other, and are very open to one another.. Like you have this "Zen" atmosphere within you two. Where both are happy, both encourage each other, both advise each other and not put them down at all kind of thing..

Basically, creating a postive and trust atmospheare, therefore, one becomes too concious if he/she betrays her/his partner and will ask for help.

Love does fade, it's a fact, even if it is damn strong, it surely won't go away or vanish into 0%, but it really fades..

I think this will be more done if the individuals were strongwilled in this point of view field, specially the ones with religion, because they believe in a non-existent higher being judging them.

(Dunno if I explain it well, lol )

@Ellesor-san
Yup, you can never expect to change your partner later on when you're married. Also, wishing and hoping he/she will change is the same, you can't..

First of, you should've married him/her for who he/she is, and not what he/she might become later on, for you'll only get disappointments.

As for your dad and divorce, we're going on the same phase.. Yes, divorce might not be easy, but you have to choose if you'd stay as a wife but you get the same treatment or you move on and excel.. People are suppose to grow, not be held in jar.

@Bonjour-san
Yup, I'm aware of that, yet cannot help but hate him..
He has changed for the worse, he spreads libels about my mom,
He steps all over her, so tell me how I cannot hate him?

As for how you love MariMite, I feel the same
Old 2007-08-21, 22:03   Link #71
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3s0r View Post
Dont get married if it is not for LOVE. Coz most of the times even love isn't enough. Being married is totally different.... sad to say. Even when you've been together for so long. You will still find it very difficult. Coz living together will let you find out what kind of person he really is... and you will be amaze how different he become . Those hopes that once you get married you will try to change this person... or hope that person will be like this or like that in time... forget it that ain't happening .
I agree that getting married for *real* love is the ideal. I think I would never personally wed someone in a flurry of passion- it's all too easy to get swept up in the emotions and have grandiose, romantic ideas about being married to someone, but the reality is that marriage is a commitment, religious and/or legal, and it can be a potentially difficult one at that. I think a lot of marriages fail after a couple of years simply because the couple were only IN love, not actually feeling genuine love for each other- love that won't fade after the honeymoon period ends.
Old 2007-08-22, 00:10   Link #72
Confessa
A White Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Confessa-san
Hmm, you don't really have to be a Christian to understand/apply what I'm saying..
It's more like this:

It's when you have VERY DEEP understanding of each other, and you guys try to help build up whatever weakness each has. You guys try to help out each other, and are very open to one another.. Like you have this "Zen" atmosphere within you two. Where both are happy, both encourage each other, both advise each other and not put them down at all kind of thing..

Basically, creating a postive and trust atmospheare, therefore, one becomes too concious if he/she betrays her/his partner and will ask for help.

Love does fade, it's a fact, even if it is damn strong, it surely won't go away or vanish into 0%, but it really fades..

I think this will be more done if the individuals were strongwilled in this point of view field, specially the ones with religion, because they believe in a non-existent higher being judging them.

(Dunno if I explain it well, lol )

.................................................. .......

Ahh...I COMPLETELY understood you!!

Old 2007-08-22, 01:43   Link #73
Stephanie

Ehh..? o_O
(PM me.. )

Well, annyywaayyy..

Let's all go back to the main question..

"How is MariMite Part of your Life?"

Anybody else wanna add more or share?
Old 2007-08-22, 23:00   Link #74
Confessa
A White Rose

lol Marimite spends up a lot of my time, on the computer, when I'm writing fanfics I'll never post online, or when I'm just daydreaming. XD It's a big part of my life. Only TRC is bigger than it right now...Nothing's better than TRC.
Old 2007-08-23, 01:03   Link #75
Stephanie

What's TRC? o_O
And why not post your fan fics here too!
Old 2007-08-23, 03:12   Link #76
Confessa
A White Rose

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, a manga. The best out there. Does anyone read manga here???

My fanfics are all incomplete, and there are written all over the place. And I'll never let anyone see them. Though they might be good, I'm too shy.
Old 2007-08-23, 06:27   Link #77
Stephanie

Aww.. Come on!! Don't be shy, we won't bite!

We, well I for one, post fan fics because I want to share my otakuness, rofl..
I don't care if it's good or bad.
Old 2007-08-25, 01:27   Link #78
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Ditto Maestro!
Old 2007-08-25, 13:29   Link #79
big_fan1704

Well, when I watch Marimite, I feel comfortable.

Last edited by big_fan1704; 2009-08-21 at 14:39.
Old 2007-08-25, 22:07   Link #80
isolatedincidence

Send a message via AIM to isolatedincidence
It is hard to describe what the series means to me, but it does mean a lot. It never fails to cheer me up. I have a folder full of images I flip through every so often just to bring a smile to my face. Maria-sama Ga Miteru is just so gentle and simple, the relationships pure yet complex. It is (generally) calm and safe. And just reading through this thread, seeing what it means to other people, that makes me feel good too. That it lets people realize things, or encourages them to help others, it makes it mean all the more.

Oh, yeah. I am a male. But hardly masculine ^_^

Last edited by isolatedincidence; 2007-08-25 at 22:25.
Closed Thread