AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 14:16   Link #6941
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
I dont like/understand the "skill holders". The way I understood it, Minus are the ones with the superpowers, those superpowers matched and were created from their disturbed personalities and situations. Dont follow logic.

Abnormals are superhuman abilities are not really superpowers ex. receiving and sending electric signals so one can control people or read minds. Its kinda logical.

Then we have those skill holders, or abnormals who have minus-like powers without the minus. Like Saki. Look at the powers of the girls in good loser.

I just look at the early abilities of the abnormal and these other ones that were in good loser Kumugawa, and dont get it.
Electric power isn't really logical, neither is stealing people abilities through electricty. Those are very much super powers as is hidden weapons and a fair few others. The abilities have gotten more powerful, but the only ones that really make no sense are All fiction, Hanten's and Aijimu's, those are just random abilities that have no real basis in anything.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:13   Link #6942
DesuX2

[I like the kanji naming of his new ability. Someone else pointed it out before, but the kanji roughly translates to

Spoiler for Ken's new ability:

Which I find it strange since that is usually Kumagawa's area of specialty, so I'm quite pumped for this one. Though I think the English translation is rather off, I think it should be renamed

Spoiler for Ken's new ability:

Do it English dub, do it!]
Old 2012-02-12, 00:19   Link #6943
kenjtr

i think kumagawa isnt troll but he is like coyote while medaka is road runner , kumagawa always plans etc.. but medaka always wins and in the end everything starts over like nothing happened and thats all fiction , actually troll is medaka .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 06:48   Link #6944
iRENDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
actually troll is medaka
In this manga everyone is trolling. Like author, like character.
iRENDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 06:52   Link #6945
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRENDU View Post
In this manga everyone is trolling. Like author, like character.
I still think that Zen,Najimi and Kumagawa had to start the trolling club and then Medaka and the other character in the manga can join the club
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 11:05   Link #6946
iRENDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I still think that Zen,Najimi and Kumagawa had to start the trolling club and then Medaka and the other character in the manga can join the club
I think it's a bit early to rank Zen among such acknowledged trolls like Najimu and kumagawa. He hasn't done anything quite trollish for as long as I can remember.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:09   Link #6947
Soji

Well true..but if he can make Najimi do that reaction only whit the description of his skills. I would say is on track to being one of them lol
Old 2012-02-12, 12:07   Link #6948
iRENDU

Quote:
Well true..but if he can make Najimi do that reaction only whit the description of his skills. I would say is on track to being one of them lol
Fair enough. Especially with those 3 ladies that arrived because of his skill according to Najimu. But I wonder if this skill works as "active" or "passive", i.e. does Zen need to deliberatly activate it or not. If not then it means that he willl troll others unintentionally. Can we describe unintentional trolling as "trolling"?
Old 2012-02-12, 12:18   Link #6949
Soji

iRENDU@ For me...yes. I mean that 's would be the worse trolling.
About the skill who know. Maybe is both."active" and "passive" like he choice when made the skill "active" and when made it "passive".
Old 2012-02-12, 12:32   Link #6950
iRENDU

Quote:
About the skill who know. Maybe is both."active" and "passive" like he choice when made the skill "active" and when made it "passive".
Then he must be beyond careful about not to mess up with this active/passive mode if he wins Medaka's love and acknowledgment. I don't even want to think what Medaka will do with him if he trolls her accidentally.
Old 2012-02-12, 14:58   Link #6951
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
One thing I learned from 4chan is that you do not feed the trolls.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:27   Link #6952
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
One thing I learned from 4chan is that you do not feed the trolls.
Obviously because you end up being eaten likes it's derivative. They're out fishing, and fishing becomes boring if you don't catch anything. However if you do catch something your more likely to fish in that spot again.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:55   Link #6953
yuzen003

All three of them have different goals and ambitions, what is going to stop this from degenerating into a trolls trolling trolls stalemate?
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 19:57   Link #6954
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
All three of them have different goals and ambitions, what is going to stop this from degenerating into a trolls trolling trolls stalemate?
Kumagawa has most likely an ulterior goal but aside from that doesn't really give a shit, Zenkichi's goal is to bang someone aside from that I really doubt he gives a shit. Aijimu seems to be the only person who really gives a shit, her trolls have an explicit purpose to beat Medaka and end this manga, so all her trolls have a purpose and a meaning, she doesn't come off as the type of person to do things for the sake of doing them.

If Zenkichi's power really does include trolling people, like the Kanji implies he most probably didn't choose it for the explicit purpose of beating Medaka nor would he probably have any specific goal in mind for it. He just probably thought it'd be fun to be a main character like that.

Anyway I don't see Zenkichi having the same brand of trolling as Aijimu and Kumagawa if that is the nature of his ability. He's far too honest for that and doesn't give two shits about being at a disadvantage. Most probably his will be of the variant of telling you when and how he's going to troll you, and then proceeding to do so while your powerless to do anything. It seems the most befitting of his nature.
Old 2012-02-12, 21:15   Link #6955
yuzen003

In Good Loser Kumagawa wasn't he looking for skill users to defeat Anshinnin? He wants to defeat her which may include messing with her plans.

Zen can't allow Kumagawa to stop his plan to defeat Medaka or else he'll stay stuck in the friendzone so they have a direct conflict of interest. At this point it's unclear if Zen still wants to stop the flask plan so that's another possible area of conflict.

If Zen's skill leads to trolling there is still a lot of reasons they would be at cross purposes instead of a trolling alliance.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 13:05   Link #6956
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
You know this may spark some interesting debate but how do you defeat an 'invincible' character? this isn't limited to Medaka but form what I had read in manga like Hellsing or Fist of the North Star, it seems that you cannot defeat the main character and there is no real weakness with them. Even Hao from Shaman King couldn't be defeated and had to be reasoned with. I know I am exaggerating it but still do you can defeat an 'invincible' character?
Old 2012-02-13, 13:10   Link #6957
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
You know this may spark some interesting debate but how do you defeat an 'invincible' character? this isn't limited to Medaka but form what I had read in manga like Hellsing or Fist of the North Star, it seems that you cannot defeat the main character and there is no real weakness with them. Even Hao from Shaman King couldn't be defeated and had to be reasoned with. I know I am exaggerating it but still do you can defeat an 'invincible' character?
It's not that hard, you simply turn them into a true antagonist with a positive end result from their loss. Yugioh is probably the most well known example. Atem was invincible (and cheated) but because he needed to lose to have his soul put to rest he lost making Yugi that character that was very close to being the main character but not quite ending up being the main character.
Old 2012-02-13, 14:15   Link #6958
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
It's not that hard, you simply turn them into a true antagonist with a positive end result from their loss. Yugioh is probably the most well known example. Atem was invincible (and cheated) but because he needed to lose to have his soul put to rest he lost making Yugi that character that was very close to being the main character but not quite ending up being the main character.
I guess thats true. Atem in the final battle could manipulate feat itself, Only the main character could win. I hope it turns out for zen like it did for yugi.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 15:07   Link #6959
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Atem is a cheater and broken but Yugi is just as broken as Atem. Even Hao couldn't be beaten properly and had to be recounciled by the Great Spirit in order to stop him.
Old 2012-02-13, 16:00   Link #6960
Tenchi Hou Take

I love how it was revealed that Atem had the ability to consciously pull out whatever cards he wanted from his deck at will. This wasn't simply heart of cards, tough moments type bullshit, he could do it whenever he wanted because it was actually the ability of his millenium puzzle. How is that remotely fair at all, it's litterally against the rules but noone can prove it because it's magical in nature. He practically trolled all his opponents. (I think this was revealed in the manga btw).

I don't think Yugi had that specific ability though he did have heart of the cards though I'm not sure.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council