AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-17, 11:39   Link #1481
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I kind of want them to make the Swimming commercial an actual show......just for the lulz that will come for when the hardcore otaku start to rage.

Otherwise, I doubt seriously that it'll become a show. Animation looks fantastic but I got total K-ON vibes from the one kid with the longish hair.
Old 2013-03-17, 18:24   Link #1482
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I kind of want them to make the Swimming commercial an actual show......just for the lulz that will come for when the hardcore otaku start to rage.
Popcorn at the ready!

I generally like sports anime so I'd watch something like that, it would make a good Summer show.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:24   Link #1483
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The attention this petition has gotten is beyond ridiculous. Nothing will come out of it and getting annoyed over it is just a waste of time.

But if I may allow myself a little comment, if Kyoani make an anime out of commercials please animate one of the last three (here, here and here)
Old 2013-03-18, 04:14   Link #1484
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
the CM vid get 1.5 million view in 3 days....

I feel that it gonna be a big hit if they make an anime of it.
Just because it's viral doesn't mean it will be a hit, snakes on a plane anyone?
Old 2013-03-18, 13:39   Link #1485
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If there is an announcement, one would assume it would come at the end of Tamako Market.
Old 2013-03-20, 16:48   Link #1486
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

But if I may allow myself a little comment, if Kyoani make an anime out of commercials please animate one of the last three (here, here and here)
Commercial one reminds me of Gainax, two of Shaft and three of Ghibli. Any Kyoani interpretation would just be yummy.
Old 2013-03-20, 20:12   Link #1487
mistress_kisara

I myself wants to see the swimming commercial become an anime, but I agree the fanbase is getting ridiculous and the petition is plain stupid
Old 2013-03-20, 21:32   Link #1488
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If there is an announcement, one would assume it would come at the end of Tamako Market.
That would be some delicious irony right there.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:04   Link #1489
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Not FMP!

Spoiler for Tidiness:

Old 2013-03-21, 06:11   Link #1490
jdennis007

I would love to see them do the swimming anime just to confuse fanboys.
Old 2013-03-21, 06:44   Link #1491
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I would love to see them do the swimming anime just to confuse fanboys.
Please do not confuse the immense over-reaction by Western fans to the people in Japan who purchase merchandise/discs. There was little to no such reaction in the domestic market compared to the Western fandom.

Also, if you're defining fanboys, then at most you'll get ~1,000-2,000 people as they're the only ones who purchased the worst selling shows the studio has made.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-22, 06:16   Link #1492
jdennis007

Please do not confuse my general statement post with one regarding a publicity stunt that a website is doing.
I would love to see them do this as an anime to help them break out of the "moe" mode they have been in and do something different for a change.
Old 2013-03-23, 09:01   Link #1493
rulfo

Bracing for announcement... Next week can't come soon enough.

I'm hoping Warm Mist nails his prediction!

But chances are very slim but hey look at Tamako and how they got announced out of the blue(After Chuunibyou).
Old 2013-03-23, 09:46   Link #1494
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
But chances are very slim but hey look at Tamako and how they got announced out of the blue(After Chuunibyou).
Tamako Market was announced about a month (or somewhat less) from the general start of the Winter 2013 season. Whereas we're only a week or so away from the start of most of the Spring 2013 anime, and I don't see any telltale signs of a new production right now. Don't count on getting your KyoAni fix this spring. If it comes out, that's nice. If not, it's best to not be disappointed.
Old 2013-03-23, 12:14   Link #1495
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Tamako Market was announced about a month (or somewhat less) from the general start of the Winter 2013 season. Whereas we're only a week or so away from the start of most of the Spring 2013 anime, and I don't see any telltale signs of a new production right now. Don't count on getting your KyoAni fix this spring. If it comes out, that's nice. If not, it's best to not be disappointed.
Due next season or not I don't mind. I'm just waiting for an eventually coming announcement.

Line up seems unusually dry and this much silence is bothering me. But you got one thing right there, I messed up the announcement time but you get the point, Tamako was announced on such a short notice.
Old 2013-03-23, 12:57   Link #1496
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Line up seems unusually dry and this much silence is bothering me. But you got one thing right there, I messed up the announcement time but you get the point, Tamako was announced on such a short notice.
If nothing is announced following Tamako Market's final episode, it'll be the first time since June 2004 where one of their shows is not publicly announced/airing.

Old 2013-03-23, 13:26   Link #1497
Warm Mist

No way Kyoani's doing something this Spring, and probably not even the Summer (although I'm much less sure about that one). The schedule is already killing them in Tamako Market: Chiyoko Ueno has worked in 4 episodes in a row, they've been using assistant ADs since episode 7, and episode 10 had 23 key animators (which is almost 3x the usual amount of KA involved in a Kyoani episode). It can also be seen on the screen that Tamako has been struggling to keep up.

I'd like if they took a decent break and came back with something mind-blowing like Nichijou, the K-On! movie and Hyouka were.
Old 2013-03-24, 01:25   Link #1498
stormtrooper

They need a break imo. It's been like 11 months since Hyouka's 1st episode. Of course the last episode of Tamako might disprove that but they don't have anything right now for next season.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:39   Link #1499
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Since then, there's been some discussion about the resolution of KyoAni's latest works. Anibin's work has concluded that Nichijou, Hyouka, and Chuunibyou was being drawn at a higher resolution than K-On!!, but at the same time, it's not fully HD (1080p) except for things like OP/ED (and the K-On! movie). But how does this relate to key animation sheets? Let's take a look at an image posted on the blog for one of the final sheets.

Even with the different angles/zoom, it's easily apparent that the newer sheets are much bigger than the ones used in the late 2000s for KyoAni. Anibin says they're around 955/1080, so it's not quite full HD, but enough that it's much higher than 720p.
Interesting development on the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! BDs. Looking at the "finishing" process (coloring in the drawn frames), I noticed that the size of each drawing remained consistent at 1834x1032. In layman's terms, it could be considered 95% full HD. Here's a screencapture of Maaya Uchida coloring a drawing of Rikka as proof.

Old 2013-03-26, 22:26   Link #1500
Warm Mist

Maaya Uchida as in the voice actress?
Closed Thread

Tags
studios