AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-31, 22:39   Link #4721
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, it explains why Miya died early, why Maya is such a bitch, and why Tatsuya hasn't annihilated the Yotsuba yet.

Spoiler for spoiler if still won't read:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-06-01, 00:35   Link #4722
pampz21
ShipCore

^
well there are still a lot of application that Tatsuya can use for his disintegration magic like Memory destruction

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-06-01, 00:36   Link #4723
XFire
150% done

Ok, I was joking about why Tatsuya hadn't attacked the Yotsuba. It was more to put in perspective just how freaking awesome they were in that chapter.
Old 2013-06-01, 12:16   Link #4724
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What is? What happened or my summary?
The thing that happened to Maya and Miya.
Old 2013-06-01, 16:53   Link #4725
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for duty:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:17   Link #4726
blackwhite67
Banned

Chapter 18 of the manga is out. Now we get to finally see Tatsuya's Elemental Sight at work!
Old 2013-06-01, 20:26   Link #4727
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler for duty:
Think there is more to it than that. Base from what I read, there seems to be a bigger picture that haven't been expose to us readers. Obviously, what you mention is what I first thought by the time I read volume 2. Though I felt something is off, something is missing.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:00   Link #4728
alviam099

You're on the wrong thread buddy.

Old 2013-06-02, 07:32   Link #4729
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Chapter 18 of the manga is out. Now we get to finally see Tatsuya's Elemental Sight at work!

it was already said in LN that he don't percive eidos during his analysis with any of his 5 senses as well as there is no distance perception inside of dimension.(beisdes Idea like that was already pictured back in c8 of manga) so picture is not really accurate (not to mention empty given how many information bodies there is)... but i get the intent behind such decision ...
Old 2013-06-02, 17:18   Link #4730
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
it was already said in LN that he don't percive eidos during his analysis with any of his 5 senses as well as there is no distance perception inside of dimension.(beisdes Idea like that was already pictured back in c8 of manga) so picture is not really accurate (not to mention empty given how many information bodies there is)... but i get the intent behind such decision ...
I was referring to the artist's depiction of it. Some people thought that he might do something from the Matrix.
Old 2013-06-02, 19:29   Link #4731
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler for duty:
The Yotsuba family's true attitude is shown in the past in which he is generally considered trash. There's less to work with in the current timeline because there has been minimal interaction. The uncle definitely showed disrespect though he didn't do it outright because the two cousins were there. Maya has treated Tats with disrespect in the past by barring him from even entering the main house. The reason he was granted access in the present timeline is because of his undeniable power. With that said, it doesn't mean Tats is treated with respect. If he was, he wouldn't be in his Guardian role (vs. say a candidate) as someone of the main bloodline. Even the father's attitude can be confirmed from Miyuki.
Old 2013-06-02, 19:52   Link #4732
waffler

just wondering but could tatsuya start his own master clan maybe he can start the shiba clan or something and kick off the yotsuba for #4 in the 10 families
Old 2013-06-02, 20:48   Link #4733
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

^ for that, i think even shiba's not regonaise him as mage, just tool or researcher or money maker... so i got assumsion, that tatsuya will son-in-law to his wive family if he even marry in future

sorry for sound pessimist tho..
Old 2013-06-02, 23:17   Link #4734
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
The Yotsuba family's true attitude is shown in the past in which he is generally considered trash. There's less to work with in the current timeline because there has been minimal interaction. The uncle definitely showed disrespect though he didn't do it outright because the two cousins were there. Maya has treated Tats with disrespect in the past by barring him from even entering the main house. The reason he was granted access in the present timeline is because of his undeniable power. With that said, it doesn't mean Tats is treated with respect. If he was, he wouldn't be in his Guardian role (vs. say a candidate) as someone of the main bloodline. Even the father's attitude can be confirmed from Miyuki.
The uncle holding back because his children are there? That doesn't hold water if these are the terrable peolpe that treat him as trash. I never remember reading she barred him from the house just not being invited to large scale family gatherings and in fact there are a few passages that he has been there recently, Maya has just avoided talking with him and he has been perfectly fine with that. He is a guardian because his magical capablity (remember his birth power is not true magic and they maybe trying to hide it) is too low to be a Yotsuba as Miyuki thought they were trying to give him a place in the family.

Oh yes Miyuki's so unbiased opinion of her father. We know she has a low opinion of her father durring the flashback (and seemingly feels he married Miya for her money and not becaus it was forced on him), and Tatsuya belives she is still harboring a grudge for remarring shortly after the death of their mother. And yet never goes into any details about this treatment as well as it clashing with Tatsuya's POV of himself just being a tool used for his powers and not wanted as a reseacher. Even though that is clearly not the case based on his step mothers thoughts. We don't have enough information as to just what is going on between them beyond their father wants him to quit shcool and work there full time and their stepmother feels him going to school is nothing more then him playing around (admitly he can out preform most trained engeneers already, so I see her point there) and the one time we do see him and his father interact he seemed to me that he was trying to be suportive and understanding but completely misread tatsuya's motivation
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:30   Link #4735
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Been wonderig about this;

"...According to the plan, 'Shiba Tatsuya' was to be revealed post graduation."

So, what? They gonna reveal him being Miyuki Yotsuba's Guardian? Strategic Class Magician? Any guesses?
Old 2013-06-02, 23:53   Link #4736
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably about the fact that he's a part of Yotsuba and his actual abilities to Yotsuba's member..

Old 2013-06-03, 01:36   Link #4737
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Probably about the fact that he's a part of Yotsuba and his actual abilities to Yotsuba's member..
Wrong, the reveal was being the secrets that he keeps, like being Silver or being part of the military; right now everything that he does needs to be kept secret, so it's implied that later that might not be so.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:11   Link #4738
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

What you're saying was basically what I was saying, what the hell?

Also why are you saying that in an absolute sense? I was told (and from what I've read) that there's no real explanation about that line

Old 2013-06-03, 04:18   Link #4739
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
What you're saying was basically what I was saying, what the hell?

Also why are you saying that in an absolute sense? I was told (and from what I've read) that there's no real explanation about that line
don't forget he isn't a yotsuba.

he is a guardian.... a servant .......

what Okashira say is the correct one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknight111 View Post
Been wonderig about this;

"...According to the plan, 'Shiba Tatsuya' was to be revealed post graduation."

So, what? They gonna reveal him being Miyuki Yotsuba's Guardian? Strategic Class Magician? Any guesses?
can you tell me where this line come from ?
Old 2013-06-03, 04:31   Link #4740
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Uh yeah sure if you want to be nitpicking that. I still can't see how I did get it wrong considering that there's no real explanation on it since it's all just a speculation in the end.

Quote:
can you tell me where this line come from ?
IIRC after the confrontation between Tatsuya and his aunt.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings