AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 07:21   Link #81
hyl
reading #hikaributts

i am not at home to check it out, but i am almost sure it was kadokawa

edit: i was right. It says Kadokawa Comics A on the cover.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-19 at 11:47.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:34   Link #82
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for episode 8:

Spoiler for music:

Spoiler for Sana and Airi:

edit:
Spoiler for pannya flashback:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-22 at 16:30.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:32   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 8 game comparison:
Old 2011-11-23, 09:39   Link #84
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2011-11-23, 14:28   Link #85
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:09   Link #86
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Good lord when I started this anime I never expected to enjoy it so much, I've read some comments here and I agree that they have gone too deep into Miu's route to try to back out now without completely killing any sort of pace this anime had. However as a fan of Sana, I cant help but feel like I am in for a crushing couple of episodes.

Speaking of Sana, I realize she never had a route in the PC version of the game but she did for the PSP. Anyone care to fill me in on the details of how that route progressed?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:17   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Speaking of Sana, I realize she never had a route in the PC version of the game but she did for the PSP. Anyone care to fill me in on the details of how that route progressed?
I posted something here a little while ago that covered part of it, and I really should finish the rest of it. Maybe I can find some time over the next week or two to finish it, as I assume there might be demand if the anime continues to go along its current path.
Old 2011-11-23, 21:27   Link #88
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I posted something here a little while ago that covered part of it, and I really should finish the rest of it. Maybe I can find some time over the next week or two to finish it, as I assume there might be demand if the anime continues to go along its current path.
Thanks for this, I now fully realize and see that my hopes for a Sana end will never be realized (unless original ending? YOU CAN DO IT MANGLOBE!)

However I think I liked the Sana events on the Miu route that I've read a bit more. Even if im bound to rage and cry eventually, im glad I found such a nice character in Sana by watching this series.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 22:00   Link #89
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Thanks for this, I now fully realize and see that my hopes for a Sana end will never be realized (unless original ending? YOU CAN DO IT MANGLOBE!)

However I think I liked the Sana events on the Miu route that I've read a bit more. Even if im bound to rage and cry eventually, im glad I found such a nice character in Sana by watching this series.
I like to think that the Sana events on Miu's route and the Sana events on her own route complement each other. This is why is was happy that her own route portrayed a different side and backstory that help us understand her a little bit better. But, as a point of interest, there is also the Sana-based manga, and this actually follows Miu's route events but switches it to a Sana ending. I won't say that it's totally impossible for the anime to go that way... but it'd require some major machinations to be sure. From a cynical marketing perspective, I think it makes more sense for them to animate Miu's route as in the game, because it gives motivation for people to want to seek out the PSP game to finally see Sana's happy ending. I know that's the main reason I bought it, anyway, and was not disappointed.
Old 2011-11-24, 13:04   Link #90
Zavie

Can anyone here summarize Sakuno's route for me? I'm quite curious how they handle the sibling relationship in this series, given Shingo so far has been one of the most sensible and realistic male-lead in eroge adaption I have seen. And there's almost no hope that they will do Sakuno's arc in the anime at this stage...

I have just stumbled on this thread yesterday after watching episode 8, mainly because of Sana and Miu. I was quite surprised to find out that Sana is not one of the main heroines in the original visual novel really!
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:27   Link #91
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Sakuno's route:

That's what I can remember and there are some blurry parts I have likely forgotten. Overall her path had for my taste too much uneasyness on-going in contrast to the calm moments after the change in relationship.
Old 2011-11-24, 18:14   Link #92
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Spoiler for Sakuno's route:
So in the end, it came down to this huh? I'm not surprised but at the same time, I am. I hoped that the way Palette handles the sibling issue would be different...
Old 2011-11-24, 18:19   Link #93
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for Sakuno:
Old 2011-11-24, 19:55   Link #94
Zavie

Spoiler for Sakuno:
Old 2011-11-24, 19:59   Link #95
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-11-24, 20:26   Link #96
Zavie

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by Zavie; 2011-11-24 at 23:04.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:08   Link #97
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
Spoiler for ...:
Well, it's not like they don't have to deal with the social aspect...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Hope that helps.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 03:32   Link #98
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just to add some random musings regarding the next episode's title, that popped up in my head earlier today while working (yes ...I think about this show while working ...bite me!) - "Two of the same color". The fact it refers to Shingo, Miu and the similarities between the two is all but a foregone conclusion, but I was thinking, that's not necessarily all it could refer to.

Under the assumption we are indeed heading for Miu's end, we are going to arrive at the "swings in rain" scene sooner or later. I don't really remember how soon this scene happened in the original (been a while since I read through it), but if we indeed head down that road, I could see them perhaps using said scene to end episode 9. And as much as said phrase can be used to draw similarities between Miu/Shingo, I think it could apply to Airi/Sana as well. After all, if Shingo indeed goes for Miu, their situations are pretty close reflections of each other.

Two friends, both somewhat dishonest about their feelings, both having fallen for the same guy, and both having spent the last couple of episodes watching him get closer to someone else, and if that goes through, both will likely swallow their own feelings in silence, only having each others shoulder to cry on, so to speak. While Sana is in a bit deeper than Airi at this point, the similarities between their situations are pretty striking. So ...yeah. As much as the title seems tailored for Miu/Shingo, I think it could apply to Sana/Airi as well, even if these similarities are a little more subtle compared to Miu/Shingo ones, which are practically spelled out for us.

Does that amount to anything in the end ? Honestly I'm not sure, just thinking aloud here. I just thought of this potentially dual-layered meaning of the title as interesting. Or maybe I should simply stop thinking about anime while working, and save everyone from my rambling
Old 2011-11-26, 03:43   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

No, I think you're exactly right, and I said something a bit similar a while ago... but I hadn't connected it to the title. You're quite right that it's too much to assume that "the two of the same color" have to be Miu and Shingo. This is why some of the discussion in the other thread about getting "closure" for Airi really can't be answered over there. If they do go for Miu's route, this is an ideal way of closing the book for both Airi and Sana. If they want to emphasize this more, they could even show Airi being a little more emotional about it, given that her romantic development was arguably a bit more advanced in the anime than it was in the game. So indeed, rather than just Sana crying on Airi's shoulder (as in the game), they could literally cry on each others' shoulders (perhaps accompanied by a brief little montage from Airi's perspective of her getting close to Shingo to emphasize the point). It would be a good way of conceding that Airi was too developing feelings that will end up not being requited due to circumstance (and would likely make the transition from Airi to Miu a bit smoother/more palatable for anime-only viewers).

I'm kind of trying to avoid having a "perfect way they should do the anime" in my head, and so keep an open mind... but the more I think about this, the more I like this approach.

Edit: Incidentally, one other small thing I noticed when I rewatched episode 1 today.
Spoiler for Episode 1 possible ending hints:

And yeah, I'm definitely having a hard time not thinking about this show at work. I'm really wrapped up in this show; I'm glad they're doing such a good job adapting the game (IMO). Shame more people didn't give it a chance.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:30   Link #100
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

If I remember it correctly, the swing scene where Sana cries on Airi's shoulder happens when she sees Shingo and Miu hugging eachother in the club room. Should they go all the way, it would be a good second last episode with the last one focusing on the Pannya conclusion and the epilogue. Unless the anime switches the events around a bit in order to use the swing scene in the next episode or tries to pack it in there. The latter might not work, but it depends on what they decide to include. Let's say they use the scene where Miu rests at Shingo's home, introduction of her mother and maybe one visit to her house, then they could skip forward by ignoring the further visits (and Shingo catching a Miu-in-underwear when he forgot something at her home ). But still, I don't think the time limit allows for all of it.

Tags
eroge, visual novel