AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-11, 01:55   Link #101
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
6th episode has Char teaching Eve how to do golf.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 07:58   Link #102
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy crap, this show just doesn't let up! We have a full-blown mob war complete with asassination with a goddamn rocket launcher on a busy street!! Oh and they also riddled Vipère's apartment with hot leads. This is turning into The Godfather of golf!

And speaking of mob story, this show really doesn't shy away from sex & prostitution. They showed post-coital scene of Chatherine with a random young dude and threw so much sexual innuendos when Vipère was negotiating with the underling dude. Is this Yousuke Kuroda being unleashed to do a freakin' sports anime!

Still though, Rose is so sly. The moment Eve asked for her favor to compete against Aoi, she was already caught in her deadly trap. Now the question is: is having a life-&-death golf game with Eve really the endgoal for Rose? Or is there more to her plan?

Also, Eve was trained by F***ing Char! Of course she is. Why am I even surprised?
Old 2022-05-11, 08:21   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And speaking of mob story, this show really doesn't shy away from sex & prostitution. They showed post-coital scene of Chatherine with a random young dude and threw so much sexual innuendos when Vipère was negotiating with the underling dude. Is this Yousuke Kuroda being unleashed to do a freakin' sports anime!

Still though, Rose is so sly. The moment Eve asked for her favor to compete against Aoi, she was already caught in her deadly trap. Now the question is: is having a life-&-death golf game with Eve really the endgoal for Rose? Or is there more to her plan?

Also, Eve was trained by F***ing Char! Of course she is. Why am I even surprised?
Not to mention it was revealed Klein and Lily were prostitutes when they were 14 and 10 respectively. Eve apparently barely escaped that fate thanks to Char. We already knew she had been trained by Char by the way, so no wonder you're not surprised
I'm pretty sure he's related to Eve. Either father or uncle. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same "accident" and that's where he got his scar and injured his leg. And of course, Rose would know all of that. They made it clear the loser of this match will be executed, so as a final parting gift, Rose might reveal something about him and give Eve a new identity so she can enter the pro golf world. She's been looking out for her in her own way so this is probably the final test.
Old 2022-05-11, 14:49   Link #104
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The story is getting better and better. I don't think I've ever seen something like this where we've got so much over the top stuff mixed in with a lot of "unmentionable" dark topics. Even Vipere has a dark past but she has grown on me and it was a delight to see her negotiate with Nicolas' right hand man.

Eve vs Rose next episode. One will win, the other will lose.

P.S. Gundams are safe!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 14:58   Link #105
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm glad Vipire is back as an accomplice this time.
Old 2022-05-12, 01:58   Link #106
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Well this got dark pretty quickly, but it's very interesting.

I do like how they gave us Eve's backstory, I am sure we will learn more about herself and her coach as the series continues.

Eve and Vipere together is an interesting combination.

What a difference a couple of weeks makes, now Eve is on the side of the rival mafia boss.

Eve Vs Rose next week, I can't wait.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 02:37   Link #107
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

OMG, I thought Rose's back was giving out because of age might have been a factor, but I wasn't expecting her to be part robot.

I guess we will see what happened to her judging by the credits.

As for the match itself, it was quite epic, now just waiting to see what will happen next, she can't possibly continue after that.
Old 2022-05-18, 03:25   Link #108
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Since I think it will get lost in the fuss over the post-credits ending, I just want to note how cute it was that Eve's VR cat tail started to wag around when she was asking Aoi to teach her.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 05:08   Link #109
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukes YGO & WS on YT View Post
OMG, I thought Rose's back was giving out because of age might have been a factor, but I wasn't expecting her to be part robot.

I guess we will see what happened to her judging by the credits.

As for the match itself, it was quite epic, now just waiting to see what will happen next, she can't possibly continue after that.
I thought the same about her back or maybe that her hand had gotten broken before at the end of her golf hustling career. Didn't at all expect that.

I also thought Eve would counter Rose's earlier intentional ball collision with one of her own later, but I guess the Aoi-inspired new bullet is better thematically, since Leo seems to be differentiating between his two protégées in that Eve hasn't betrayed the "spirit" of the sport by working for the mafia and can still go pro.

Golf Balalaika losing her mind because Eve learned how to slice was the perfect example of how ridiculous this series is about pretty normal stuff. But her fainting over Eve's drive was a bit more realistic. Eve just broke into Top 10 or even Top 5 ranks of the longest LPGA records for longest drives.
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 07:18   Link #110
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I also thought Eve would counter Rose's earlier intentional ball collision with one of her own later, but I guess the Aoi-inspired new bullet is better thematically, since Leo seems to be differentiating between his two protégées in that Eve hasn't betrayed the "spirit" of the sport by working for the mafia and can still go pro.
That's kinda ironic considering Leo's teaching is all about destroying the opponent's will to fight and whatnot. Doesn't feel like he cares about the "spirit of the sport." It's like he just cares about winning.
Old 2022-05-18, 08:37   Link #111
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Char shows up.

In the flesh.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-05-18, 10:20   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was definitely not expecting the robotic hand.

Eve confidently saying she has seven bullets made me think she had been holding back all this time, but then it's revealed Aoi taught her the shot named after her. Makes me wonder if she does have three other shots in store already or if she'll learn them over the course of the series (in which case her line doesn't make much sense).

This is totally two cours, isn't? The question is whether there'll be a break between the first and the second.
Old 2022-05-18, 10:23   Link #113
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

12 eps announced for now, but it may be split-core.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 12:24   Link #114
Kazu-kun

If it's only 12 episodes, I'd feel cheated. The OP made it seem like Aoi would get at least almost as much attention as Eve, but that hasn't been true so far, and there aren't many episodes left. That's disappointing.

Next episode continues the match against Rose, btw.
Old 2022-05-18, 12:44   Link #115
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's kinda ironic considering Leo's teaching is all about destroying the opponent's will to fight and whatnot. Doesn't feel like he cares about the "spirit of the sport." It's like he just cares about winning.
Aoi reminded Eve that the game itself is challenging and fun, you don't need to have your actual life on the line to play like it is.

I think that's the difference in the message he was trying to relate. Even in regular (non-mafia) golf, the goal of his style is to ruin your opponent's concentration and calm and then continue past them where they'll never be able to catch up. Rose let herself get caught up in the mafia stuff somehow, and that's apparently ruined her in many ways. Vipere got her redemption moment, but she's just not very good at golf to begin with according to Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If it's only 12 episodes, I'd feel cheated. The OP made it seem like Aoi would get at least almost as much attention as Eve, but that hasn't been true so far, and there aren't many episodes left. That's disappointing.

Next episode continues the match against Rose, btw.
Same. I'm still left wondering where the 5-6 Japanese high school girls that are prominently cast and prominently displayed on the key visual and casting list come into the story.

Aoi has never even considered them as worthy opponents and unless Eve is moving to Japan after this, I don't know where they have any point in the story. To date all they've done is comment on Aoi's play and attempted to make Aoi remember they exist at the airport.
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 14:42   Link #116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Credit to the show. It definitely got me there. A moment of "ok, we're going with symbolism here. It's not like they'll actually have Rose's arm fall off...oh there it goes" . I suppose it should have been a given with a show this ridiculous that they would go there. But it was still a surprising move. At first I thought she was just shaken up by Eve. But it made sense that some lingering injury was flaring up (explaining her retirement anyways). Didn't expect the prosthetic arm.

I can relate to the feeling of wishing we had more Aoi. It's cute that Eve basically named the shot that she learned from Aoi after her. It's a nice nod to how important she's been for Eve since meeting her. But...actually being around more would be nice. That's just part of the way the show is though. With the over the top underground golf stuff...there's no room for Aoi in there.

Can hope that once Eve wraps this up next episode we can move back in her direction again. It almost has to be 2-cours. There's just not enough time to do anything big with Aoi since at least half of the next episode has to go to this Rose situation if not the whole episode.
Old 2022-05-19, 05:13   Link #117
benjaminklein

Where it has bien announced ? it,s only 12 episodes could you send me a link to the annoucement ?

Animelist has Said that the numbers of épisodes for birdie wing are unknown same thing for anidb could you tell us the names of the sources ?

Last edited by LKK; 2022-05-19 at 08:45. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
benjaminklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 00:07   Link #118
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Gotta give Rose credit to be able to still play and hit the ball that far with 1 hand.

I like how Eve got payback from the last episode by having her ball hit Rose's to win.

Glad to see Eve's friends doing great now but I just hope Eve is safe now that she has left wherever they were at.

It won't be long until she comes across Aoi again.

Not sure if we will see Vipere again, she looks fine on that yacht with the guy from the other episode.
Old 2022-05-25, 06:10   Link #119
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Char also mentored Rose...

Old 2022-05-25, 07:40   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Leo is one cold bastard. I wonder what his end goal even is.

Glad everything will be alright for the girls. They can finally live like ordinary civilians. Civilians who are fucking loaded to boot. I think only Rose knew about Eve's ties to them so the mafia won't target them as reprisal.

I felt a little bad for Rose, but she was a grown woman and made her own choices. Leo wanted her to go pro but she decided to join the mafia for quick bucks and she paid the price.

Tags
golf, sports