AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 13:36   Link #2581
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Saber's half cocked smile (at least, from what I see based on size and resolution) truly makes that picture great.
Thanks. Using Petit Saber Konata instead of the real Saber Petit somehow seemed more appropriate
Old 2010-07-21, 17:02   Link #2582
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Took my 2006 Al Alzif out of her box finally. Unfortunately I broke the pistons on the two little wings you're supposed to slot into the wall behind her. Luckily, it's not noticeable once I superglued it because it's not actually visible once you slot them.
Exctly the same happened to mine, and also had to use super glue to fix it xDDDDDDD

Maybe some kind of curse to that figure? xD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 17:48   Link #2583
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Exctly the same happened to mine, and also had to use super glue to fix it xDDDDDDD

Maybe some kind of curse to that figure? xD
Broke one while putting one in, and broke the other while taking it out of the plastic box
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 00:19   Link #2584
Seitsuki
Onee!

Snow Miku is finally ready! *dance*

but shipping is pretty crazy..
Old 2010-07-22, 01:21   Link #2585
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Okay! I pre-ordered Alter Asuka, it will be around 350NIS including shipping (My guess), money money money...
Old 2010-07-22, 05:49   Link #2586
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

And I'm about to pre-order GSC Hitagi BUT!
I heard from someone who has a Nendoroid Azusa that they are made in China, I know that ALTER are Japanese, but what about the expensive GSC figures?
Old 2010-07-22, 05:51   Link #2587
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I heard from someone who has a Nendoroid Azusa that they are made in China, I know that ALTER are Japanese, but what about the expensive GSC figures?
Yeah, they're made in China, same reason America gets so much of our stuff from China too - it's cheap to get copies made. They're just made on an assembly line of workers, not each handpainted by one guy, that's how they all look so similar.

I don't know about Alter for sure, but I know for a fact that Good Smile gets its duplicates made in China. They sculpt and paint it in Japan, send molds and the master copy over to some Chinese factory, then they're sent back to Japan to be sold.

I'm not sure why you'd have a problem with figures being made in China, since that doesn't hinder the figure's quality. But in case you have some morals thing going, just know that most every mass produced PVC is made in China, especially the ones from big companies like GSC.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 06:25   Link #2588
Revan21

Quote:
ALL anime figures are made in China, as well as the mugs, keychains, glasses, towels/pillows/wallscrolls, etc Whether in a factory owned by a legit company or in some backalley in HongKong, that's the real difference
I don't have a single figure that doesn't have the "Made In China" label, which is actually a good thing. If a figure doesn't have it, that's most likely a bootleg ;

Only printed items like artbooks, magazines, calendars and trading crads are manufactured in Japan
Old 2010-07-22, 06:36   Link #2589
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Duplicates - China, paying almost 100 dollars for Made In China thing? I'm not sure I want this.
Alter are supposed to be MIJ, nope?
Old 2010-07-22, 06:44   Link #2590
Revan21

Quote:

Duplicates - China, paying almost 100 dollars for Made In China thing? I'm not sure I want this.
Of course not. You won't find a Single anime figure that wasn't made in China Excluding home-made resins, of course.

The fact that duplicates/bootlegs are also made there, doesn't really matter. If it's manufactured by a japanese company (o/c with the factory located in China) then it's all good
Old 2010-07-22, 06:46   Link #2591
Kudryavka

Quote:
Well, of course it's a duplicate, that's how they get hundreds, maybe thousands made that all look nearly identical. Assembly line, and apparently they don't have room for those in leading world countries (they think we're too good for that, but I beg to differ >_>).

Now, this isn't going to be Mcdonalds Happy Meal toy quality just because they make it in China, and it's not going to have lead paint or anything either. The quality of the figure depends on who made the master copy, the Chinese workers just copy what they see. Since the master copy for GSC's Senjougahara is pretty superb, the Chinese copies will be 99.9% as good. Just like if they wanted to send some Mcdonalds Happy Meal worthy crap to China, China will send back some Mcdonalds Happy Meal worthy crap to be sold in Japan.
Old 2010-07-22, 06:47   Link #2592
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Ahhhhhh... The fact that I'm paying big monies for something that labeled Made In China isn't making me happy...
AT ALL.

Please make me think otherwise, currently I don't want to buy any figures at all
And I wanted GSC Hitgai
Old 2010-07-22, 06:49   Link #2593
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

And if I'm already on it, how are figures made? Between Japan and China and generally if there is a blog or pictures of the process I would like to see please
Old 2010-07-22, 06:53   Link #2594
Revan21

Quote:
Please make me think otherwise, currently I don't want to buy any figures at all
And I wanted GSC Hitgai
You just have to look at the figures. If you don't like what you see, then don't buy them The Japanese still own the best figure-manufacturing companies in the world, so keep in mind that you probably won't find better quality anywhere else in the world

Quote:
And if I'm already on it, how are figures made? Between Japan and China and generally if there is a blog or pictures of the process I would like to see please
Like Komari wrote, on an assembly line. A sculptor is hired to make the original sculpt of the figure, then that one is duplicated into thousands of other copies
Old 2010-07-22, 06:57   Link #2595
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I like what I see, I'm only fear the quality won't be as I see the original, just like the Alter Mio figurine with the school uniform (Serious, she had a retard face by the pics ><)
So how are they making them anyway?
Old 2010-07-22, 07:08   Link #2596
Revan21

Quote:
I like what I see, I'm only fear the quality won't be as I see the original, just like the Alter Mio figurine with the school uniform (Serious, she had a retard face by the pics ><)

Photos taken by an unprofessional collector can be seriously misleading, but it does happen at times that the final product turns out to be very different from the promo images.
That usually only happens with cheaper prize figures though. Companies like GSC/MaxFactory or Alter have their own standards to keep up to and they always deliever Japanese are quite serious when it comes to their products anyway

I haven't seen pics of the actual factories yet but I doubt you can just take photographs in there
Old 2010-07-22, 07:13   Link #2597
Kudryavka

Quote:
How much the product you'll get will look like the master copy is anyone's guess, but with reputable companies the difference won't be too wild, sometimes even for the better.

Hm, an overview on how figures are made? Here's from my knowledge to you

~~~~~~~~~
1. A company, let's call it CherryLime, sees a totally hawt and popular anime girl they want to make a figure of

2. CherryLime either acquires concept art from the people who designed the girl, we'll call her Kaori, or has their artists draw their own concept art of her.

3. A sculptor is given a picture of what the end result of Kaori should look like, pose and stuff, and maybe some pics of Kaori at different angles to know what she looks like all around.

4. The sculptor gets out his Sculpey (or whatever, I won't get into that) and sculpts Kaori. He then cuts her into pieces and makes molds of each piece.

5. The molds are filled with plastic (not sure if they use PVC or resin for master copies), and the resulting new plastic pieces are assembled and painted with primer.

6. The assembled Kaori is brought to some folk, and they discuss her colors and w/e.

7. The assembled Kaori is painted by a painter, probably a different guy, usually airbrushed.

8. The complete Kaori is discussed some more, and they make a base (unless the base is something epic like VN02 Miku or Black Rock Shooter, then they already made the base).

9. The master copy is sent to a factory in China (I think that factories do commissions, not like every company has its own personal factory ).

10. Workers study Kaori, then get to work - each worker has her own job, like painting Kaori's legs, or shading Kaori's hair. Not sure if they make molds in China, I think it makes sense.

11. Completed Kaori copies are boxed, sent back to Japan, then sold, or in your case, boxed up again and sent to Israel.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-07-22 at 07:19. Reason: i forgot where you live XD
Old 2010-07-22, 07:20   Link #2598
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

SUGOI!!!!
Just kidding, good to hear, regarding that Mio Alter, it's something I heard people who has that figure say as well, weird mouth etc...
Old 2010-07-22, 07:22   Link #2599
Kudryavka

Quote:
SUGOI!!!!
Just kidding, good to hear, regarding that Mio Alter, it's something I heard people who has that figure say as well, weird mouth etc...
For rereleases, your best feedback will be from your fellow collectiors, since what they have will probably be exactly what you'll get.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:43   Link #2600
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

http://myfigurecollection.net/pictur...f=figure:13319

nuff said
Please make me stay away from that figure, no money... And I already decided once I don't want it because it was already sold out and no more were made, it's here again... I'M SCARED.