AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-07, 10:32   Link #21
cynicalicious
I like pie.

It looks shoujo because the artist is Nodoka Kiyose, and the character designer is Miyuu.

Of course a lot of plot elements are going to be similar, but I look at this series as a doujinshi. A really fun one that's sanctioned by the series author, but a doujinshi nonetheless. They really did have fun doing their own take on the books, too.

The characters feel a lot more emotionally dynamic in this version than in the anime (except Nina... she's about the same... maybe a little weepier), but it's like everyone has a greater emotional range, especially Felli.

I think that's what appeals to me. As much as I like her character in the anime, it's hard to get past her flat affect. In this series, she looks much more vulnerable. Maybe it's those freakin' huge shoujo manga eyes. But if you remember, as Sharnid said in ep 4, nen-i controllers generally don't display emotion (other than irritation. She's really good at displaying that.) Well, she displays all kinds of emotion here, and it makes her more engaging.

On the other side of the coin, Meichi weeps constantly, and it's starting to get on my nerves. I like her in the anime, and I liked her in the beginning of this series, but now she just starts crying over the slightest thing.

I'd say in a summary, that Nina is too hard, Meichi is too soft, Felli is too childish, and Leerin is the most mature of all of them.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 16:10   Link #22
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Love what i read in volume 3 especially this part.
Spoiler for Special part:

This is a reverse of what happen in episode 3. And i found this version more funny since Felli feels embarrass of what he said to her.
Old 2009-03-09, 01:16   Link #23
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... I wonder if Cynicalicious is ready for the 2nd arc of the 3rd Missing Mail volume?

I'm sooo desperate for spoilers now.

... guh, how did I end up mistaking another thread for this one...???
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:25   Link #24
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
The spoliers are poison to me, so don't know nothing for now is good
Old 2009-03-09, 09:06   Link #25
TrueKnight

You should go for the spoilers imho, don't know why but I think the scanlation won't be coming out in a long time.

I think cynicalicious explanations are detailed enough that after you read it you won't mind reading the raws like the previous poster said lol.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 09:16   Link #26
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
I can wait quietly, I didn't hurry to know the things, the good of not knowing is that you can fantasize about them, if you already know how going after isn't so good when you read it
Old 2009-03-11, 22:46   Link #27
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Okay since you have waited so very patiently, and since I finally have 40 minutes to type it up, here's the summary of Missing Mail, volume 3, the first chapter of the second half.

There are two more chapters, but this one took so long that I need time to summarize the other two.

Standard disclaimers apply.

Spoiler for Missing Mail vol3... next chapter...:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 00:09   Link #28
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious
Okay since you have waited so very patiently, and since I finally have 40 minutes to type it up, here's the summary of Missing Mail, volume 3, the first chapter of the second half.

There are two more chapters, but this one took so long that I need time to summarize the other two.

You have my utmost gratitude once again. Thank you for providing the time to write and sums this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious

Spoiler for rest of vol3:
And I thought the previous was already awesome enough. This also delivers. If previous one is action, then this one is love development. Omg I need to see this Felli x Fon-fon interactions so bad and my oh my potential love dispute which possibly led to all out war between Felli-Leerin-Nina-Mei fighting for Fon-fon. I even smell an alliance between Felli-Mei in order to tackle Leerin first. HAHA! Hilarious!

And yeah for Felli realizing her feelings to Fon-fon. So much awesomeness.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:50   Link #29
TrueKnight

Wtf no further appreciation or at least request? -_-; Two remaining chapters that are bound to be interesting.

Please don't tell me I'm the only Missing Mail fan around here, well who happen to succumb to spoilers anyway.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:54   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Wtf no further appreciation or at least request? -_-; Two remaining chapters that are bound to be interesting.

Please don't tell me I'm the only Missing Mail fan around here, well who happen to succumb to spoilers anyway.
Nah, there's me too. I am a missing mail (more of a FeliXfonfon XD)

But I am just awaiting for more discussion.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 23:05   Link #31
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2

Haha well I’m glad I’m not the only one around right now, there’s Soul Assassin, wilyvereb and MrTerrorist too but seems like they’re busy.

It’s sad this series isn’t getting much attention even from scanlation. Missing Mail has offered us dynamic character interactions and developments particularly around Felli and Fon-fon, although Nina and Leerin seems to play a major plot as well, dunno abaout Mei. And when we thought the novel/anime main plot won’t be in focus, it actually delivers and even more well presented than the anime (episode 5). And of course for bishoujo fans, the art.

Well, waiting for next chapter.
Old 2009-03-14, 00:41   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm a Missing Mail fan, its what actaully got me into this series in the first place, I just keep forgetting to actually check this thread out

I really like this telling of the tale and wished the anime was more like it but then thats probably just down to my biased love for FellixFon-Fon

and hands down to you, cynicalicious your summaries are great.

I espeically loved reading about the naming bit, the revesal I think would have been alot cuter to see

can't wait for the next chapter!
Old 2009-03-14, 03:17   Link #33
TrueKnight

Haha yeah all hail bishoujo Felli. I wonder what'll the next chapter will be? Nina finally finding out and joins the Felli-Mei alliance for tackling Leerin lol?
Old 2009-03-14, 05:13   Link #34
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I hope that Nina'll get more screentime...it can fire up the whole romance section(Leerin's at Grendan so she can influence less...we need a real triangle). And in contrast with the anime(and maybe the light novel) i have no problem with a Felli X Fon-fon pairing, cause the Felli here is more emotional and Layfon is different too.
Somehow i found that Nina and Felli's appearance changed the less compared to the anime's and LN's art(in contrast with Narki/Naruki whose face "reworked" totaly).
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 11:23   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

I actually i'm both a FellixFonFon fan & NinaxFonFon fan.

BTW, the Scanlator's site for this manga is not working for some reason.
Old 2009-03-19, 00:29   Link #36
TrueKnight

Seven days passed since the release of the previous chapter summary of vol 3...... If I'm not mistaken there are still two chapters left. Looking forward for the concecutive excellent summary should the moment is available to be carried out.

Need to find out what Felli, Nina and Mei's reactions are to Leerin's letter......
Old 2009-03-19, 02:16   Link #37
Narona
Emotionless White Face

@Trueknight, no you're not the only one to be fan of this manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post

Spoiler for Missing Mail vol3... next chapter...:
Thanks a lot for the summaries. It was a great read. As a fellow fellyXFon-Fon fan, it was very, very much appreciated.

I repped you Thanks again.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 00:38   Link #38
Redlar

Spoiler for End comic from Missing Mail 2, Thai:

Spoiler for Layfon holding Felli up like a doll~:
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 21:27   Link #39
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Nice pic. Thanks

*throws cookie*
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 21:53   Link #40
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Spoiler for End comic from Missing Mail 2, Thai:

Revenge of the goat?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen