AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 15:30   Link #7881
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm sorry but you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
No im not you are turning the issue into a black and white situation when its really not. If anything iv been a devils advocate through out.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with Eba, she's a good girl, despite any of the audiences feelings towards her. If Eba was some crack whore who beats Haruto than that's another story. The only negative to them hooking up is hurting Asuka's feelings, and really that's the nature of relationships. Someone is going to get hurt.
Im suppose to like Eba because your say so? i could understand if i was flipped flopped back and forth through the whole story but iv "ALWAYS" stated she is not a person i like. I never stated that i hated her i just dont like her. So if you are saying that i should like her because you say so im sorry thats not happening.

Quote:
If Takashi and Akari are willing to throw away their lifelong friendship over Haruto hurting the feelings of some girl they only know through association, than really they're not really friends. I don't know what your definition of "friends" is, but no offense you don't seem to have a strong attachment to the meaning either.
Again, as i stated in a previous post this manga is not written for western audiences and like I said before several of my Japanese friends and colleges who iv spoken with about this manga stated they would distance themselves from Haruto because of his behavior and would not be associated with someone for fear of being perceived by others negatively. Their actions are a direct result of the culture they live in.

No you do not know the circumstances about why i ended friendships. Lets just say i supported a person through thick and thin for over 6 years. However when they actions started to affect my life in a negative manner i gave them a choice they made their choice and i ended the friendship. A friendship does not mean you get to take advantage of your friends at any given point in time. As much as the word "friend" should reflect your will to support and protect that friend the other person will should reflect that as well. It does not mean you friends have the right to put you in a difficult or uncomfortable situations and expect you to say its ok because you are their friend its also about respect. I value true and real friends i dont throw the word "friend" around loosely. Remember you are a reflection of the company you keep to everyone else in the world. My post on this was reflecting "WHY" i understand how they feel not that i 100% agree with their actions which i know i put in my post and you ignored.

Quote:
Friends are suppose to stick by you through thick and thin, pick you up when you make the wrong choices and be there for you when you need them most, and not chastise you because you hurt some girls feelings.
Actually, because they are your friends and they are her friends they should chastise you if they feel you have done something wrong. A friend tells you when you are being a douche bag thats what friends do as well not just go along with your every whim because you are their friend. When two friends break up its very hard not to choose a side even though its better for everyone that you dont. But when its messy and you dont have all the information from one party its easy to pick the side that you feel was "wronged" Perception is reality.

Quote:
Kiyomi and Nanami aren't innocent either, Kiyomi tried to get Kazama and Eba to break up for her own selfish reasons, and Nanami tried to snatch Haruto away in her own subtle way when Haruto was dating Eba. They have no place to spout their sermons.
I agree with Kiyomi (even though she felt her reasons were justified) and Nanami did pursue Haruto for a time and both have acted according to the characters they were portrayed as for over 100+ chapters. However, Nanami did something that puts her higher up on the list than any other girl in the manga imo when it came Haruto and a possible relationship with him. Ill give someone a shiny cookie if they remember what she did.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:34   Link #7882
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I'm sorry but you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

There is nothing wrong with Eba, she's a good girl, despite any of the audiences feelings towards her. If Eba was some crack whore who beats Haruto than that's another story. The only negative to them hooking up is hurting Asuka's feelings, and really that's the nature of relationships. Someone is going to get hurt.

If Takashi and Akari are willing to throw away their lifelong friendship over Haruto hurting the feelings of some girl they only know through association, than really they're not really friends. I don't know what your definition of "friends" is, but no offense you don't seem to have a strong attachment to the meaning either.

Friends are suppose to stick by you through thick and thin, pick you up when you make the wrong choices and be there for you when you need them most, and not chastise you because you hurt some girls feelings.

Kiyomi and Nanami aren't innocent either, Kiyomi tried to get Kazama and Eba to break up for her own selfish reasons, and Nanami tried to snatch Haruto away in her own subtle way when Haruto was dating Eba. They have no place to spout their sermons.
Actually, the only things wrong with Eba is that she has the IQ of a toaster, never thinks things through before doing them and lack the ability to actually open up about anything, usually completely shutting down or skirting around issues when they come up.

Haruto's problems are that he's obsessive to the point of being a stalker, lies through his teeth any time something goes wrong, never listens to anything his friends has to say and gets mad at them when they call him out on it. And if you think about it, all through the manga, his friends have been there for him-- to give him advice and help him out. He's done absolutely nothing in return except keep secrets from them. That's not a friend... it's what we call a moocher.

The biggest issue of all, though, is that hasn't changed since the characters have been introduced and for me, this is the biggest issue with Haruto hooking up with Eba again (outside of the fact that she dumped him once already over what I felt was a stupid reason). They're adults now and neither one has grown since the manga first started. It took an outside force literally guilting Haruto into breaking up with Asuka that made him do it, otherwise, he would have been perfectly content to keep lying to her.

Both characters are still children, even with this whole "us vs the world" thing they're doing. And they'll remain that way until they take a good look at their lives and do something to change it instead of clinging to each other while everything falls apart around them. Haruto never even tried to explain what was happening before he made his decision and even afterwards, he never really gave them a good reason other than "I can't go out with Asuka because I like Eba." He should have made an effort to talk with them more and make them hear him out. Instead, he and Eba decided to give up everything because they have each other. Guess what... the real world doesn't work that way and chances are, they'll be very unhappy if it continues like that.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:39   Link #7883
ShiroiRyu

I'm sorry but no, the two heros don't deserve the right to love.
They just need to die. :|
It's was a bold decision, good decision. If it's was in another story with another characters, ok i will love it, but no ...
The two don't deserve that.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 15:41   Link #7884
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 141 is out...
Spoiler for Chapter 141:
Old 2011-06-29, 15:42   Link #7885
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Actually, the only things wrong with Eba is that she has the IQ of a toaster, never thinks things through before doing them and lack the ability to actually open up about anything, usually completely shutting down or skirting around issues when they come up.

Haruto's problems are that he's obsessive to the point of being a stalker, lies through his teeth any time something goes wrong, never listens to anything his friends has to say and gets mad at them when they call him out on it. And if you think about it, all through the manga, his friends have been there for him-- to give him advice and help him out. He's done absolutely nothing in return except keep secrets from them. That's not a friend... it's what we call a moocher.

The biggest issue of all, though, is that hasn't changed since the characters have been introduced and for me, this is the biggest issue with Haruto hooking up with Eba again (outside of the fact that she dumped him once already over what I felt was a stupid reason). They're adults now and neither one has grown since the manga first started. It took an outside force literally guilting Haruto into breaking up with Asuka that made him do it, otherwise, he would have been perfectly content to keep lying to her.

Both characters are still children, even with this whole "us vs the world" thing they're doing. And they'll remain that way until they take a good look at their lives and do something to change it instead of clinging to each other while everything falls apart around them. Haruto never even tried to explain what was happening before he made his decision and even afterwards, he never really gave them a good reason other than "I can't go out with Asuka because I like Eba." He should have made an effort to talk with them more and make them hear him out. Instead, he and Eba decided to give up everything because they have each other. Guess what... the real world doesn't work that way and chances are, they'll be very unhappy if it continues like that.
If i could give you cookies i would but i gave you some recently for another post lol. very well written and i agree with you oh how i remember when i was that young and naive.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:58   Link #7886
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I was thinking, if this time, Eba, leaves Haruto .. again, this time, Haruto it will really only ..
I think he should explain more, to his friends.
Old 2011-06-29, 16:05   Link #7887
Fawx9

Was it just me or did anyone else hope there was one more page that included an out of control gas tanker
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:16   Link #7888
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Chapter 141 is out...
Spoiler for Chapter 141:
Spoiler for c141:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:17   Link #7889
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

[QUOTE=Sinestra;3672096]
Quote:
No im not you are turning the issue into a black and white situation when its really not. If anything iv been a devils advocate through out.
Yes you are, you're justifying the break off of friendship over a guy breaking up with his girlfriend, if anything it's downright retarded and immature.

Quote:
Im suppose to like Eba because your say so? i could understand if i was flipped flopped back and forth through the whole story but iv "ALWAYS" stated she is not a person i like. I never stated that i hated her i just dont like her. So if you are saying that i should like her because you say so im sorry thats not happening.
Where did I say, you have to like her? Hell I don't even like her, but I have no problems with her, she's simply not a bad person. Stop reading into things that aren't there.

Quote:
Again, as i stated in a previous post this manga is not written for western audiences and like I said before several of my Japanese friends and colleges who iv spoken with about this manga stated they would distance themselves from Haruto because of his behavior and would not be associated with someone for fear of being perceived by others negatively. Their actions are a direct result of the culture they live in.
Just FYI, I'm a first generation Japanese/Chinese American, where my mother has some serious issues with how people perceive her and her family, like most women of my race in that age group are. Even though I was born and raised in the states, my family and how I was raised is a different matter so I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of my culture.

Everything boils down to maturity and common sense. And the circumstances of the friends breaking it off is not about saving face, if it was, they would've disassociate themselves from Takashi eons ago.

Quote:
No you do not know the circumstances about why i ended friendships. Lets just say i supported a person through thick and thin for over 6 years. However when they actions started to affect my life in a negative manner i gave them a choice they made their choice and i ended the friendship. A friendship does not mean you get to take advantage of your friends at any given point in time. As much as the word "friend" should reflect your will to support and protect that friend the other person will should reflect that as well. It does not mean you friends have the right to put you in a difficult or uncomfortable situations and expect you to say its ok because you are their friend its also about respect. I value true and real friends i dont throw the word "friend" around loosely. Remember you are a reflection of the company you keep to everyone else in the world. My post on this was reflecting "WHY" i understand how they feel not that i 100% agree with their actions which i know i put in my post and you ignored.
Point taken, but you can't simply compare something that is obviously this drastic from your experiences to something as juvenile as what is going on in this manga.

Quote:
Actually, because they are your friends and they are her friends they should chastise you if they feel you have done something wrong. A friend tells you when you are being a douche bag thats what friends do as well not just go along with your every whim because you are their friend. When two friends break up its very hard not to choose a side even though its better for everyone that you dont. But when its messy and you dont have all the information from one party its easy to pick the side that you feel was "wronged" Perception is reality.
Of course a friend should reprimand you if they feel the decision you're making is bad, but to go to the extent that Takashi and Akari are going is too much over something this minor.

Quote:
I agree with Kiyomi (even though she felt her reasons were justified) and Nanami did pursue Haruto for a time and both have acted according to the characters they were portrayed as for over 100+ chapters. However, Nanami did something that puts her higher up on the list than any other girl in the manga imo when it came Haruto and a possible relationship with him. Ill give someone a shiny cookie if they remember what she did.
Because she felt her reasons are justified, that makes it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Spoiler for c141:
That's exactly it, they want him to be miserable as long as Asuka is happy, although knowing Takashi, he's just following the pussy.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:27   Link #7890
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
That's exactly it, they want him to be miserable as long as Asuka is happy, although knowing Takashi, he's just following the pussy.
Truth be told I was expecting Haruto to drag things on like Suzuka. Here he is acting like a human normal being, but now the side characters are acting irrational. Thinking back Yamato's partner Yasunobu was awesome.
Old 2011-06-29, 17:04   Link #7891
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

[QUOTE=HayashiTakara;3672159][QUOTE=Sinestra;3672096]

Quote:
Yes you are, you're justifying the break off of friendship over a guy breaking up with his girlfriend, if anything it's downright retarded and immature.
Of course im justifying because the characters are feeling they are justified in doing so. Therefore i addressed it you skipped an entire paragraph where i spoke about how i did not agree with their actions and focused on one point. Im not so blind as im only going to accept one half of the truth. Even if you think they are wrong you are not them "they feel justified" in what they are doing. That doesn't make me agree with it nor does it make them right. Im simply stating I can understand why they feel this way and why they made these decisions. I dont have to agree with a person to understand why they made a particular choice.

Quote:
Where did I say, you have to like her? Hell I don't even like her, but I have no problems with her, she's simply not a bad person. Stop reading into things that aren't there.
"You stated there is nothing wrong with Eba she is a good girl" I took that as you liked her as a Character. I dont like her i never have i dont like the way she acts again my prerogative.

Quote:
Just FYI, I'm a first generation Japanese/Chinese American, where my mother has some serious issues with how people perceive her and her family, like most women of my race in that age group are. Even though I was born and raised in the states, my family and how I was raised is a different matter so I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of my culture.

Everything boils down to maturity and common sense. And the circumstances of the friends breaking it off is not about saving face, if it was, they would've disassociate themselves from Takashi eons ago.
Im just stating what i have heard from co-workers and friends i happen to work near and with many Japanese who work in the states for a number of years at National Institute of Health. That is what they have explained to me after hearing the about the situation and my g/f pretty much thought it was disgusting she is Japanese as well. You comment on maturity when neither of these two have shown an ounce of it. Haruto did finally make a choice he did make a hard decision and i commend him for that. But its a lot harder to make a decision than to see it through to the end. Takashi has never done anything remotely to make people distance himself he may play around a lot but he has not done anything directly to his friends. Even though i do find him very VERY annoying.

Quote:
Point taken, but you can't simply compare something that is obviously this drastic from your experiences to something as juvenile as what is going on in this manga.
It didn't really matter what form i said it in but basically "you gotta do what you gotta do" the concept is still the same. Why should Haruto be forced to stay with Asuka? he shouldnt its not right, same thing with this If Akari and Takashi honestly feel they can not remain friends with Haruto. Well.... that sucks but i would rather them end the friendship than to be fake and pretend.

Quote:
Of course a friend should reprimand you if they feel the decision you're making is bad, but to go to the extent that Takashi and Akari are going is too much over something this minor.
They feel they are justified to make such a decision. Again i dont agree with it but if they feel this strongly about ending a long term friendship dont you think why they feel this strongly should be addressed?

Quote:
Because she felt her reasons are justified, that makes it right?
No need to twitch thats life dude and iv learned it the hard way over the course of 32 years. When a person feels they are justified in their actions there is not much they wont do to achieve what they want that justification can become life for some people. Again, never said i agreed with her methods just that"she" felt justified in what she was doing. Everyone does it no matter how old you are no matter where you live. When you feel that strongly about something and justify it in your head its nearly impossible to get it out its a part of you and you react on it.

We can agree to disagree however i will not condemn them for their decision until i hear the reason why just like i didnt condemn Haruto final action of breaking up with Asuka. You do what you feel is right even if its a bit selfish that human nature. I understand both parties point of view however even though i understand i still think almost all of them are fools who dont think things through before they make choices. But thats what you do at their age.
Old 2011-06-29, 17:18   Link #7892
typhonsentra

Haruto has the worst friends in the world.

""Bwahahaha, you're girlfriend destroyed you emotionally for selfish reasons? So what!? Her and us can still be buddies, not our problem!"

So they encourage him to hang out ALONE with his ex-girlfriend as if it's no big deal behind his girlfriend's back and then give him an ultimatum saying they'd break off their (In some cases life-long) friendships for her? This guy's comics have such fucked-up logic. Women can do no wrong and it's always, always the man's fault.

I dislike Haruto too but no one ever seems to blame Eba even though really, almost everything that's happened so far is at it's core her fault. This is Suzuka all over again.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 17:35   Link #7893
H23

Wow that chapter was gay
Old 2011-06-29, 17:51   Link #7894
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Truth be told I was expecting Haruto to drag things on like Suzuka. Here he is acting like a human normal being, but now the side characters are acting irrational. Thinking back Yamato's partner Yasunobu was awesome.
Nah, Haruto just done what people in RL do, get out when caught out.
He's taking this as a chance to get outta his relationship so he can go back to Eba.
And I think the others see it that way as well....well thats how it would generally be seen as.
Seems Haruto ain't willing to tell, so his friends will piece to together what they see and from that POV it's hard not to be angry.
I will admit that the others thinking Haruto should continue the relationship is abit OTT but I put that down to Seo's odd writing(not bad just odd in this case)
In any case they should or at least have reason to be angry at him but shouldn't put up that stupid condition(honestly don't know what Seo was thinking when he came up with that)

BTW the whole thing about "best friends" and what not, I never really got that feeling from the 3, Takashi was just a poorly written token "male best friend" that was there for the sake of it and Akari was just there.
I get a much better "best friend" feeling from Oga and Furuchi from Beelzebub than I do from Haruto and Takashi.
Seo never dived deep enough to get me feeling the same here, so a little hard to accept all that friendship stuff.
Plus even the most simple of clashes of beliefs/opinions can challenge the strongest of relationships/friendships.
Old 2011-06-29, 17:53   Link #7895
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler for c141:
He asked her to break up with him because he was too pussy to do it himself. Heck he was damn near cheating behind her back and didn't apologise properly for any of it. He lied a heck of a lot to her face and basically just said I don't like you anymore and left. How exactly was that a good break up. Sure they needed to break up but it was pretty shitty as far as face to face break ups go. Sure it's better than a letter or a text, but still pretty damn bad.

Haruto was a moron for not seeing this coming and was all in all an out right douche. Sure it was a stupid clause but he should have at least properly apologised for what he did and kept it in his pants a little while longer by not going straight after Eba the second he broke up with her. He deserved this shit ten-fold. Eba too but of course she gets out of this scott-free.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:18   Link #7896
Sakuyakun

As long Seo has his manga. Everything will be okay for him

Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:26   Link #7897
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

What are you guys expecting he said that he's sorry and that he likes another girl? How is that not breaking up with a girl? Not everything needs to be explicitly said. This is just arguing about schematics. What more do you want? Why should he bother explaining everything he did and didn't do if he's going to break up any how? You guys are acting like it's a sin to get back with their ex? If you want argue that the relationship shouldn't have started in the first place you'd might have a point. I really don't see how he could handle the break up differently.

Oga and Furuchi are obviously way better friends, but I thought that comparison was more apt same mangaka and all.
Old 2011-06-29, 18:33   Link #7898
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He asked her to break up with him because he was too pussy to do it himself. Heck he was damn near cheating behind her back and didn't apologise properly for any of it. He lied a heck of a lot to her face and basically just said I don't like you anymore and left. How exactly was that a good break up. Sure they needed to break up but it was pretty shitty as far as face to face break ups go. Sure it's better than a letter or a text, but still pretty damn bad.

Haruto was a moron for not seeing this coming and was all in all an out right douche. Sure it was a stupid clause but he should have at least properly apologised for what he did and kept it in his pants a little while longer by not going straight after Eba the second he broke up with her. He deserved this shit ten-fold. Eba too but of course she gets out of this scott-free.
I already posted this:
"You shouldn't take Haruto's "please break up with me" literally as him asking her to make the decision whether or not to break up. It's just a manner of speech (especially with Japanese language) that's meant to be less offensive. His words are effectively saying "I am breaking up with you, please accept the fact," and whether she accepts or not doesn't change his decision of breaking up. IMO he manned up and went straight to the point."

and sinestra answered this:
"actually i sent a copy of the raw to my Japanese teacher and she said yes it was polite way to break up. However, it was not exactly a nice way to do it. He was asking her to accept his decision but there was no option but to accept it. Also, she said he did not bow deeply enough if that was case. He did show that he takes the responsibility so yes he still washed his hands clean of the situation."

Haruto never asked Asuka to break up with him, he just stated that he will break up with her. He didn´t beat around the bush and went straight to the point and broke up with her.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:36   Link #7899
Shadow5YA

Quote:
What are you guys expecting he said that he's sorry and that he likes another girl? How is that not breaking up with a girl? Not everything needs to be explicitly said. This is just arguing about schematics. What more do you want? Why should he bother explaining everything he did and didn't do if he's going to break up any how? You guys are acting like it's a sin to get back with their ex? If you want argue that the relationship shouldn't have started in the first place you'd might have a point. I really don't see how he could handle the break up differently.

Oga and Furuchi are obviously way better friends, but I thought that comparison was more apt same mangaka and all.
The problem is that he kept his friends and his girlfriend in the dark until the last minute. Just like when he decided to move to Tokyo, he never once thought about talking to them before making his decision. Takashi called him out on it back then. Since they never know anything until it already happens, they have to take in everything at once. Does Haruto really care about his friends?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 18:39   Link #7900
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

He was with the girl for two years. He should have at least had the decency to show her some respect and lay everything out for her. He just wanted to get out of it as quickly as possible and bang Eba. At no point did he even consider her feelings in all of this.

I wouldn't have minded if this was some short fling but a two year releationship with a girl whose been as loyal and trusting to you, to such a degree isn't someone you just ditch and move on without a second thought for her during the entire thing.

Plus like pointed above, his friends importance to him is questionable at best.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life