AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 17:20   Link #6601
GDB

Don't blow his contract out of proportion. It's backloaded. He's only set to make like, 9 million next year. He'll restructure long before he gets close to that 120m.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 19:29   Link #6602
Yye1
Wide Right

^ mostly likely he'll make only about half of that before he is cut or the contract is restructured. How many players actually make the full amount of their contract, which also contains performance bonuses

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 22:15   Link #6603
sky black swordman

Looks like the San Francisco 49ers release David Akers. They were unwilling to pay him $3 million dollars in salary.
Good move or a bad one?
Old 2013-03-06, 22:23   Link #6604
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Looks like the San Francisco 49ers release David Akers who unwilling to pay him $3 million dollars in salary.
Good move or a bad one?
3 million seems really high for a kicker. By stats alone, he made only 69 percent of his kicks. At an average, kickers get paid about 900,000, he is asking for a lot. Though I am pretty sure he will find a home on another team soon, kickers are kind of tough to come by in the NFL.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 23:03   Link #6605
Yye1
Wide Right

If memory serves, he missed a few from within the 40, which is unacceptable for a NFL kicker IMO

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-03-07, 06:30   Link #6606
sky black swordman

^ Yes, I think he missed one in the Super Bowl too.
But due to a penalty he got a second shoot at it.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:32   Link #6607
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Don't blow his contract out of proportion. It's backloaded. He's only set to make like, 9 million next year. He'll restructure long before he gets close to that 120m.
52M guaranteed is still a lot o.O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 20:09   Link #6608
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
52M guaranteed is still a lot o.O
Wasn't Michael Vick's contract had 40 million guarantee, its not that expensive if you compare. If Flacco isn't performing as he is expected to, there is always restructuring his contract I think later down the road.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 23:36   Link #6609
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, the Steelers released Harrison, the rational fan part of me is saying its a good move and maybe the team can retain Mike wallace with the extra cap room, but the irrational fan part of me is screaming NOOOOOOO!

Old 2013-03-11, 17:09   Link #6610
GDB

NFC West will win the Superbowl this year, barring ridiculous injuries or ridiculous hidden talent being collectively gathered. Percy Harvin to the Seahawks and Anquan Boldin to the 49ers. Out of the two, I'd prefer Boldin to get another ring. Rather pissed the Ravens dumped Boldin, though.
Old 2013-03-11, 20:48   Link #6611
sky black swordman

I can't believe that the Ravens trade Anquan Boldin to the 49ers for a sixth-round pick!! Seriously a sixth-round pick!!!?
The reason for the trade was because he refused to take a pay cut. I'm not sure completely why, but why do I get the feeling that Joe Flacco's new $120.6M million dollar contract may have been a contributing factor in why the Ravens could not pay him?
Old 2013-03-11, 21:41   Link #6612
VTHokiePride

Quote:
I can't believe that the Ravens trade Anquan Boldin to the 49ers for a sixth-round pick!! Seriously a sixth-round pick!!!?
The reason for the trade was because he refused to take a pay cut. I'm not sure completely why, but why do I get the feeling that Joe Flacco's new $120.6M million dollar contract may have been a contributing factor in why the Ravens could not pay him?
It has to be. If Flacco didn't have such a huge contract, a lot of the Ravens that are set to leave through free agency will remain. Ellerbe's deal would've probably been done by now.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 21:47   Link #6613
GDB

Boldin was unaffected by Flacco's deal. Remember, Flacco's deal is incredibly kind to the 2013 cap space. Boldin only had 2013 left on his contract. If anything, Ellerbe is the one who cost Boldin his spot by not having a contract done yet.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:03   Link #6614
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Russel Wilson just got a major weapon...*salivates*
Old 2013-03-12, 00:46   Link #6615
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
As GDB wrote, Flacco's deal has little bearing on Boldin's contract. After refusing to take the pay-cut, he was going to get later in the week anyway. I'm not completely happy he was traded for just a 6th but at least the team got something for him.
Old 2013-03-12, 15:44   Link #6616
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Free Agency has begun (officially) as of 45 minutes ago.

Mike Wallace to the Dolphins with a 5 year deal.

Bills have cut Ryan Fitzgerald. It makes 1st round QB almost a guarantee, baring a trade (Foles, Flynn, etc.).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:43   Link #6617
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

It's been a wild day already. Sad to see Ellerbe go but Miami overpaid for him big-time.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:03   Link #6618
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

The Raiders have officially broken out of "cap jail", but at cost of losing Phillip Wheeler, Desmond Bryant, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Rolando McClain, Tommy Kelly, Michael Huff, Mike Goodson, Brandon Meyers, Richard Seymour, several other minor players and potentially Shane Lechler. All that has left the Raiders 16 million (potentially 23 million) under the salary cap, all without touching Palmers salary while also completely gutting the defense. (The offense should be fine, pending moves on the O-Line)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 05:21   Link #6619
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The Raiders have officially broken out of "cap jail", but at cost of losing Phillip Wheeler, Desmond Bryant, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Rolando McClain, Tommy Kelly, Michael Huff, Mike Goodson, Brandon Meyers, Richard Seymour, several other minor players and potentially Shane Lechler. All that has left the Raiders 16 million (potentially 23 million) under the salary cap, all without touching Palmers salary while also completely gutting the defense. (The offense should be fine, pending moves on the O-Line)
I thought that they would have at least tried to sign these guys.
I was somewhat surprised Huff was cut!
Old 2013-03-13, 20:25   Link #6620
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Wow. That's about all I can say about today.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports