AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 18:31   Link #2321
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

'nuff said...

Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:55   Link #2322
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Epic music, brilliant editing, genius AMV.

This once again shows how well Touhou and Nanoha merge.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 19:20   Link #2323
Nita
Ņe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post

'nuff said...

Ohh, I'm so in love with that AMV My fav part is at 03:55 - 04:10 gaaaah, Nanohaaa

I used to listen that song all the time XD And its funny cause I hated it the first time I watched that AMV xd

Watcha lookin'?
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:46   Link #2324
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Totally agreed! =D
Old 2009-11-09, 23:26   Link #2325
Nagumo
Random Translator

03 - Ame, Soshite Deai
03 – Rain, and a meeting

Linith: Oh my Master is such a… such a, Oh~!… And yet another night of hard warm rain again! Annoying, annoying, annoying… Even though I know getting annoyed is pointless… *sigh*… Well then, it’s Fate’s bedtime. Better go and make sure she goes to bed. I think I’ll go read a book to her. Dogs? No, wolves… Fate, let me read a book to you. Fate? Are you there? I’ll try to contact her telepathically… Fate?…
Fate: Oh, Linith. Sorry, I’m outside right now.
Linith: Outside? In this rain? What are you doing?
Fate: I heard dogs howling far away, I saw wolves but… but something’s wrong. And then…
Linith: Wait for me. I can’t clearly tell what’s going on by telepathy. I’m heading out to you, stay where you are. Fate!
Fate: Linith, I’m sorry.
Linith: Ah, it’s a wolf pup. It has a jewel in its forehead; a peculiar characteristic that’s found on them in this particular region.
Fate: There’s something wrong with her. There was many wolves close by but they ignored her…
Linith: You’re right; there a many close by. In any case, you’ll catch a cold in this rain, let’s return to the house.
Fate: Um. What about her?
Linith: Carry her with you please.
Fate: Okay.

Linith: I finally found it, this pup is sick.
Fate: Sick?
Linith: To prevent this sickness/disease from infecting the pack, they react by exiling/abandoning infected animal and not allow them to return. It doesn’t seem to spread to other animals. Just in case, let’s get you cleaned up (disinfect), Fate.
Fate: Linith, can’t we save her?
Linith: The source of this particular disease is still unknown. Therefore there is no known treatment for it. From infection til death is usually 24 hours. Fate, I’m sorry but she’s…
Fate: She called out to me… I’m sure at first, she said ‘it doesn’t matter who, please save me!’. When I heard her call and found her, she looked at my eyes, saying ‘save me!’
Linith: I suppose it’s my fault for not creating much of an opportunity for bonding with animals. Now that she’s gotten into a situation involving animals for the first time, she has no basis for reasoning or emotional preparation with them.
Fate: Linith?
Linith: If we use a familiar creation formula, it would be possible to temporarily preserve/maintain its life, at least its physical body. But it’s far too early for Fate to have a familiar. Urg. If only I was a normal mage and not a familiar…
Fate: Do you think I can make her my familiar? I wanted to become a first class mage right away, so I’ve been secretly studying how to make my own familiar on my own.
Linith: If that’s the case, I’m sure you know that making a familiar is no easy task. To maintain a familiar’s life, the caster must continuously supply mana to it. That’s why mage’s usually form a specific task/goal in mind with limitations/restrictions and agree to a contract, and once that contract is fulfilled they end it.
Fate: But what about Linith!
Linith: I’m a rare case, and besides even I… Oh, never mind that. In any case, it’s not a task you go about lightly (without consideration).
Fate: I’m not taking it lightly, she asked me to save her! To me! So I have to…
Linith: Oh, I see now… To Fate, that wolf pup represents her current self. In her well of loneliness, a powerless child who is separated from her parents and unable to do anything to help/save them. Listen to me well, Fate. The incantation/spell for creating a familiar is that you are drawing/creating an artificial spirit/soul from the body of an animal at the edge of death and continuing it through magic. Therefore, you are not in fact saving its life or returning it to life. Do you understand? There is no magic in the world, no matter where/how hard you look, that can return life to the dead.
Fate: But, there’s a chance that the life created from the Familiar creation spell will allow it to remember some aspects of its previous life…
Linith: That is correct, you studied well… Fate, there are some things you must be prepared for. To have a familiar is to create/share in that one moment, one heart. Though a created/artificial being, to create/share in that one moment, one life and the burden of fate/destiny together.
Remember just because you created the familiar, it does not mean it will obey/submit to your orders as long as there is no contract to bind you both.
In the very worst scenario, if the contract is destroyed/broken in any way, your very life may be taken.
Are you prepared for that? Then let’s prepare. The contents of the contract?
Fate: I’ll think it up latter. Let’s make a temporary contract for now. Wait for me, I’ll save you soon.
My cause, the preface of the contract. The foundation/origin/reason of the contract, a new soul and life! My mana is about to be absorbed.
Linith: That is the weight/burden of a life, of a soul! You must maintain the spell; you must also maintain the mana expenditure. If you want to stop, now is the time!
Fate: I don’t want to! I’ll just have to become stronger! Take my strength, and bring a new life into being!
Linith: Success. And it’s gotten quite fond/close of you already.
Fate: Er, what should I do?
Linith: Here, you should hold her.
Fate: So warm, so soft…
Linith: That… is the warmth of life.
Fate: That tickles…
Linith: Hm, we should keep this a secret from Precia for a little while. She’ll probably get very worried unless the condition stabilizes.
Fate: Yes, thank you Linith.
Linith: It would be great if this works out to an advantage/benefit. For Fate… And for Precia…
(Fate: Hey now!)
Old 2009-11-09, 23:28   Link #2326
Nagumo
Random Translator

Here it is everyone, the complete first season Nanoha Sound Stage 02.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85192

Nanoha Sound Stage 02

01 - Fate no Asa
01 – Fate’s Morning

Fate: My memories of the past feel very far off/old now. It was when I was still very young. The mobile base that I and my mother resided in was, at the time, anchored high up in the mountains of Midchilda. My mother had shut herself in her lab and was doing nothing but magical research/experiments. In the garden and mountains of my home, I spent my days practicing magic and doing combat training. Arf was not yet by my side at that time, so I was often alone. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t lonely during those days… But I had many warm/fond memories of those days… Lyrical Magical Nanoha Sound Stage 02, Episode 5.5: My Memories From Beyond the Wind

Linith: Good morning, Fate. It’s morning.
Fate: Yes…
Linith: Good morning.
Fate: Good morning, Linith.
Linith: I’ve made breakfast for you, how do you feel?
Fate: I feel fine.
Linith: That’s good.
Fate: Linith is my mother’s familiar, created and tasked with watching over me and teaching magic.
Linith: Today is a very nice day. Why don’t we eat outside today?
Fate: Okay… Is my mother busy today?
Linith: Yes, she’s in her laboratory again.
Fate: At the Mid capital, my mother had been engaged in highly experimental research into interdimensional energy. Due to a freak accident, she was blamed and let go from her job. Since then, she never got another job, and went on an aimless journey while continuing her research. It’s been two years… three years? In any case, my formerly gentle/kind mother changed. She no longer laughed and lost all interest beyond research. She would no longer speak or meet anyone, even with her only daughter.
Linith: Fate, Precia is very busy with her research right now. But once she finds what she’s looking for, I’m sure…
Fate: Yes, I know.
Linith: This research is for the happiness of both you and Precia. So it might be lonely right now but…
Fate: I said I know. I’m fine, besides I love mother. I know that since she’s too busy to play with me or teach me magic, that’s why she created Linith to do it instead.
Linith: Quite so, a familiar. In particular to create and maintain a highly intelligent familiar with high level magic/mana like me costs a lot of mana to the caster. You must remember and appreciate those feelings.
Fate: Yeah… Heh…
Linith: Hm?
Fate: Was that a boast, just now? ‘Highly intelligent’ and ‘high level magic/mana’.
Linith: How rude, I was merely stating the bare facts/truth. Well then, after you’re done eating, help me clean up. Once you’ve taken a rest, we’ll continue your magic lessons in your room.

Linith: Okay, next lesson. The incantation to achieve high speed, the magic square to control it and the equation/formula to change/alter it. (bad translation)
Fate: Ah, I studied that by myself last week.
Linith: What?
Fate: It goes like this right? In regards to the compressed incantation, it generates a magic matrix/circle/square formula… Like this… Like this… And then, at the very end, you solidify it all at once. Is that right? (bad translation)
Linith: Then when discarding the incantation, what method would you use to compensate?
Fate: Hm, let’s see. I remember most of the important notes/points and I’ve written it down here… See?
Linith: Oh my. How troublesome. My study plan for the week is in ruins.
Fate: Oh, I’m sorry.
Linith: You don’t have to apologize. Be proud and stick out your chest and say ‘eh hem’!
Fate: “Eh hem”
Linith: This is quite amazing/astonishing. Did you do this all by yourself?
Fate: Yes, I studied it in the library. (found it out in the library)
Linith: It’s great you studied so hard/seriously but are you all right? Are you getting enough sleep?
Fate: I’m fine. Studying is so much fun.
Linith: I’ll make sure to report this to Precia, telling her that Fate is studying very hard.
Fate: Ah, but don’t make too much of a big deal about it though. I don’t want to shock/upset her too much.
Linith: Very well then, I shall only report the completely accurate and precise truth without exaggeration or bias. Okay then, what should we do today then?
Fate: Ah, there are still some things about rules/rites of joining/linking (union/connection) I still don’t know/understand. (awkward translation)
Linith: Then let’s do that. If we finish it early, we’ll do some mock battle/combat training outside.
Fate: Yes.

02 - Rinis to Preshia
02 – Linith and Precia

Linith: Precia… It’s me, Linith… You’re awake aren’t you? I’m coming in…
Precia: Linith? Why are you here?
Linith: I’m here to report to you about Fate.
Precia: I’m busy right now, another time.
Linith: No, you haven’t bothered to hear any of it once this month.
Precia: Do as you like then.
Linith: I will. Fate’s growth has been normal, but is still terrifyingly/astonishingly swift. (the implication that the insane rate of growth is normal for Fate, but not for other people) Even at her age, most of her basic/elementary level spells no longer require incantations now. If we give her a support device of some sort, she should be able to cast advanced level magic with it. In regards to her combat magic (magic combat) abilities, her mid range combat is particularly good/skilled. Do you remember the previous reports up until now?
Precia: Linith, are you treating me like some sort of idiot?
Linith: I am merely asking to clarify any doubts/questions. If there’s no problem, then I will continue with my report (then let me continue). She’s particularly skilled at electricity based magic and learns it quickly. It must be because she’s inherited your ability/skill, but I strongly believe she wants you to recognize her ability and praise her regardless.
Precia: Did that girl say that to you?
Linith: Of course not, she would never voice such a selfish and childish request to me. Though I don’t know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Precia: I’ve been meaning to tell you this for awhile now but you’re incredibly insolent.
Linith: How unthinkable/unexpected, I have no intention of changing myself. (Sarcasm)
Precia: That’s enough; I’ve heard your report. You’re disturbing my experiments, leave.
Linith: Yes, well then… Oh, and I am currently creating a staff for Fate, but I lack certain parts to finish it though. I would like to go to a large city one day to get the necessary components.
Precia: Do as you like…
Linith: Yes.
Precia: Linith…
Linith: Yes?
Precia: When do think it will be ready?
Linith: Fate’s staff? I’m still in the process of designing (design phase) it, so nothing’s been…
Precia: No, I mean the girl herself.
Linith: She’s seven right now, so her physical maturity as a woman is another seven to eight years? For her to be ready as a mage, I guess another three years?
Precia: That’s too much time, make it a year.
Linith: That’s impossible!
Precia: There’s no need to teach her all aspects of magic. It’s fine to just teach her high speed combat magic she can use. This is not the first time I’ve told you this.
Linith: I know but unless I teach her the basic/underpinning and structure of magic, she won’t be able to properly use it when she’s in trouble/it’s important/in a crunch (pinch)…
Precia: Linith!
Linith: I will rethink the staff design, if I make it an Intelligent type (assisting/support type) device and depending on her ability. (bad translation) It will get her combat ready more quickly. But it will cost a lot of money. Are you prepared for that?
Precia: It’s only for one mere staff, use as much as you want.
Linith: Are there any other questions?
Precia: No.
Linith: Then, I will take my leave… Remember… Remember to properly eat and drink, Precia.
Precia: Just go, you’re bothering my research.
Linith: Good night, Precia.

03 - Ame, Soshite Deai
03 – Rain, and a meeting

Linith: Oh my Master is such a… such a, Oh~!… And yet another night of hard warm rain again! Annoying, annoying, annoying… Even though I know getting annoyed is pointless… *sigh*… Well then, it’s Fate’s bedtime. Better go and make sure she goes to bed. I think I’ll go read a book to her. Dogs? No, wolves… Fate, let me read a book to you. Fate? Are you there? I’ll try to contact her telepathically… Fate?…
Fate: Oh, Linith. Sorry, I’m outside right now.
Linith: Outside? In this rain? What are you doing?
Fate: I heard dogs howling far away, I saw wolves but… but something’s wrong. And then…
Linith: Wait for me. I can’t clearly tell what’s going on by telepathy. I’m heading out to you, stay where you are. Fate!
Fate: Linith, I’m sorry.
Linith: Ah, it’s a wolf pup. It has a jewel in its forehead; a peculiar characteristic that’s found on them in this particular region.
Fate: There’s something wrong with her. There was many wolves close by but they ignored her…
Linith: You’re right; there a many close by. In any case, you’ll catch a cold in this rain, let’s return to the house.
Fate: Um. What about her?
Linith: Carry her with you please.

Linith: I finally found it, this pup is sick.
Fate: Sick?
Linith: To prevent this sickness/disease from infecting the pack, they react by exiling/abandoning infected animal and not allow them to return. It doesn’t seem to spread to other animals. Just in case, let’s get you cleaned up (disinfect), Fate.
Fate: Linith, can’t we save her?
Linith: The source of this particular disease is still unknown. Therefore there is no known treatment for it. From infection til death is usually 24 hours. Fate, I’m sorry but she’s…
Fate: She called out to me… I’m sure at first, she said ‘it doesn’t matter who, please save me!’. When I heard her call and found her, she looked at my eyes, saying ‘save me!’
Linith: I suppose it’s my fault for not creating much of an opportunity for bonding with animals. Now that she’s gotten into a situation involving animals for the first time, she has no basis for reasoning or emotional preparation with them.
Fate: Linith?
Linith: If we use a familiar creation formula, it would be possible to temporarily preserve/maintain its life, at least its physical body. But it’s far too early for Fate to have a familiar. Urg. If only I was a normal mage and not a familiar…
Fate: Do you think I can make her my familiar? I wanted to become a first class mage right away, so I’ve been secretly studying how to make my own familiar on my own.
Linith: If that’s the case, I’m sure you know that making a familiar is no easy task. To maintain a familiar’s life, the caster must continuously supply mana to it. That’s why mage’s usually form a specific task/goal in mind with limitations/restrictions and agree to a contract, and once that contract is fulfilled they end it.
Fate: But what about Linith!
Linith: I’m a rare case, and besides even I… Oh, never mind that. In any case, it’s not a task you go about lightly (without consideration).
Fate: I’m not taking it lightly, she asked me to save her! To me! So I have to…
Linith: Oh, I see now… To Fate, that wolf pup represents her current self. In her well of loneliness, a powerless child who is separated from her parents and unable to do anything to help/save them. Listen to me well, Fate. The incantation/spell for creating a familiar is that you are drawing/creating an artificial spirit/soul from the body of an animal at the edge of death and continuing it through magic. Therefore, you are not in fact saving its life or returning it to life. Do you understand? There is no magic in the world, no matter where/how hard you look, that can return life to the dead.
Fate: But, there’s a chance that the life created from the Familiar creation spell will allow it to remember some aspects of its previous life…
Linith: That is correct, you studied well… Fate, there are some things you must be prepared for. To have a familiar is to create/share in that one moment, one heart. Though a created/artificial being, to create/share in that one moment, one life and the burden of fate/destiny together.
Remember just because you created the familiar, it does not mean it will obey/submit to your orders as long as there is no contract to bind you both.
In the very worst scenario, if the contract is destroyed/broken in any way, your very life may be taken.
Are you prepared for that? Then let’s prepare. The contents of the contract?
Fate: I’ll think it up latter. Let’s make a temporary contract for now. Wait for me, I’ll save you soon.
My cause, the preface of the contract. The foundation/origin/reason of the contract, a new soul and life! My mana is about to be absorbed.
Linith: That is the weight/burden of a life, of a soul! You must maintain the spell; you must also maintain the mana expenditure. If you want to stop, now is the time!
Fate: I don’t want to! I’ll just have to become stronger! Take my strength, and bring a new life into being!
Linith: Success. And it’s gotten quite fond/close of you already.
Fate: Er, what should I do?
Linith: Here, you should hold her.
Fate: So warm, so soft…
Linith: That… is the warmth of life.
Fate: That tickles…
Linith: Hm, we should keep this a secret from Precia for a little while. She’ll probably get very worried unless the condition stabilizes.
Fate: Yes, thank you Linith.
Linith: It would be great if this works out to an advantage/benefit. For Fate… And for Precia…
(Fate: Hey now!)

04 - Namae wa Arf
04 – Her name is Arf

Fate: Since that day, that small wolf became my familiar. Though, at first it was a bit difficult to maintain the necessary expenditure/level of mana.
Linith: Urg, dinner’s served. Heave ho…
Fate: This… this much?
Linith: It’s true that your meals are usually smaller but to up your mana we need to nourish your body.
Fate: I… I’ll do my best! Oh Arf, wait a second.
Linith: Oh, you gave her name.
Fate: Yeah, her name is Arf. Here you go, Arf. Dinner. Matching my mana growth, it soon became less and less of a hassle. Once she stabilized and recovered, Arf was finally able to transform into a human form.
Arf: A~ Fa~te~…
Fate: Yes, that’s right, Fate.
Arf: Fa~te~!
Fate: And then she started to speak (use words).
Linith: Fate, Arf, dinnertime.
A+F: Yes!
Arf: Dinner!
Fate: Yeah.
Alf: Hey Fate, after eating let’s go to the forest and play house again!
Linith: No Arf, Fate has homework.
Arf: Aw…
Fate: After homework, let’s play together.
Arf: Un.
Linith: You know, Arf can be a great help in combat lessons/practice.
Arf: Oh, I can help!
Fate: You used to be a wolf, too.
Arf: Wo~lf~!

05 – Okaasan
05 – Mother

Precia: Oh, it’s not going well at all… Linith… Linith!
Linith: Yes?
Precia: Please bring me some tea.
Linith: Yes, right away.
Arf: Where?
Fate: Here, here.
Linith: Fate, Arf, after you eat, please clean up after yourselves. I have some business to attend to.
Arf: Okay~! Hey Fate, what does Linith do when she has to go out?
Fate: Oh, most likely she’s going to my mom’s place to help.
Arf: Mom? Fate’s Mom?
Arf: Oh, so Fate had a mom.
Fate: Yes, I have one.
Arf: But… last night, the book we read last night says that a ‘mom’ is always by her kid’s side and protects them. Fate’s mom is never by Fate’s side at all. Why?
Fate: Um…
Arf: Fate?
Fate: Um, er, it’s because I’m not a kid any more.
Arf: Really? But Fate’s really short, and her chest is really flat, so I kinda think you’re still a kid.
Fate: Er, um, I don’t want to her that from someone who’s shorter than me.
Arf: Ahahaha, Arf is a wolf, so I’ll get real big real soon.
Fate: That’s true, for the last two months Arf’s gotten real big. I wonder if you’re going to get a lot bigger than me soon.
Arf: Yeah, I want to get big real soon so I can protect Fate.
Fate: Hm, I look forward to it. But until then I’ll always stay by Arf’s side.
Arf: Hm… Hm? Fate gave Arf life, Fate also stays by Arf’s side and protects… Oh, does that mean Fate is Arf’s mom?
Fate: No, not really. No… But… But it’s alright if you think that.
Arf: I don’t really get it, but it doesn’t matter. As long as I can stay with Fate.

Linith: Precia… Your tea…
Precia: Leave it over… *cough*
Linith: You look… bad (sick)…
Precia: Not at all… I just used a bit too much power/energy.
Linith: If that’s true, then it’s fine… No, that’s not fine at all. Please be careful…
Precia: That girl… I saw her with a dog…
Linith: Ah, we found her last month. We took pity on it because it was dying so we made her into a familiar. Right now, it’s still a provisional contract.
Precia: You permitted it?
Linith: Yes. After some thought, I felt that killing it/letting it die would have detrimental effects on her afterwards.
Precia: That girl’s mana/magic is still undeveloped. She shouldn’t possess a familiar at all, cancel it (remove it).
Linith: I will not to… When Fate is with her, she laughs more often. Not only would she want someone to take care of. I believe at the very least, she would want to be able to feel affection for (love) her own familiar. Moreover the usually obedient Fate was very firm/insistent/stubborn against me. I would like to respect her will.
Precia: You won’t follow my orders?!... Whose familiar do you think you are?!
Linith: I am your familiar Precia Testarossa, but I was also ordered by you to raise your daughter, Fate, to become a first class mage. Having those orders in mind, I have acted as I have. By having Fate meet and interact with Arf, it can only aid/support Fate. Most of all, because I believe that it will eventually help you and Fate (it is for your sake and Fate’s) … Precia
Precia: … The tea’s gotten cold; please make a new pot…
Linith: … Yes…

06 - Rinis, Omou
06 – Linith, Thoughts/Feelings

Linith: I don’t know what Precia is researching for. I don’t know how it was like between Fate and Precia before I was created. But according to Fate, their relationship was very good and it appears Precia was a gentle mother. But comparing that to the common reality now, the family relationship between Fate and Precia is far too sad/tragic. Ever since my creation, I have never seen them dine together, moreover they might see each other once over a number of months.
Arf: *humming*
Linith: Arf!
Arf: Oh Linith, are you done your job?
Linith: Yes, just right now. Are you going out alone?
Arf: Yup, I’m bored all by myself since Fate is studying. So I thought I’d go out to the yard or storage/warehouse.
Linith: I see, but don’t go too far. If you get caught by Precia, she’ll scold you very badly.
Arf: Okay!
Linith: Remember to come back during tea time!
Arf: Yes~!

Fate: The formula is correct… Now to match it and the mathematical formula to the situation at hand…
Linith: Sorry for the wait. My apologies.
Fate: Oh no, I was just doing some self-study.
Linith: I see. Where are you right now?
Fate: Let me see, around here, when using high speed rites and techniques for creating electrical fields.
Linith: Oh, so you’ve gotten that far ahead already. You’re doing very well. Oh, and Precia praised you. She said ‘she’s very impressed on how much Fate has learned/studied’
Fate: Really?
Linith: She told me to keep it a secret from Fate, but she said if Fate could master this part, then Fate might become a first class mage by next year.
Fate: Next year, I wonder… But I’ll do my best!
Linith: Yes.
The painful, heartrending feelings that assault my heart occasionally, I wonder if it’s because I pity/sympathise Fate? I think to myself sometimes… If not, perhaps because, without realizing it, I have come to care for her as a parent/mother knowing that I shall likely disappear without her knowing it. (bad translation) (Alternative translation: If not, then perhaps, without realizing it, knowing that I shall disappear without her knowing it… Sometimes, I think to myself, perhaps this is the affection of a parent/mother…)
Well, if I think about it too much, I’ll just get stiff shoulders all the time.
Fate: Linith, did you say something?
Linith: Ah, sorry. I was just talking to myself; my shoulders are getting a little stiff.
Fate: Really? Then I’ll massage them for you! Where?
Linith: Oh, it’s all right!
Fate: Don’t be like that.
Linith: No really!
Fate: Hey come on Linith, its fine, its fine!
Linith: It’s ticklish, stop! Hey!
Arf: Ah, Fate and Linith is playing! No fair!!
Linith: We are not playing, we’re just taking a break!
Arf: Arf will play too!
Linith: ARF! You little…
Arf: Ah, don’t grab the tail!
Linith: If you do something so suddenly, it’ll startle us! But, there’s just one thing…

Linith: Okay, time for a bath. Everyone to the baths!
A+F: Yes!
Arf: Ba~th! Ba~th! Ba~th!
Linith: Fate can do so much magic (so skilled at magic) but she still can’t wash her hair by herself.
Fate: That’s not true! I can wash it; I just can’t open my eyes.
Linith: There’s only one thing that I can think of to myself. This time that I have now, is my everything. It is the simple unvarnished truth, without any exaggeration/embellishment. (awkward translation) Okay let’s get ready for tomorrow and say good night! What shall we do tonight? Shall we read a book?
Fate: Oh, that song you sang before would be good.
Linith: A song? But I’m not very good
Fate: That’s not true, right Arf?
Arf: Yeah!
Linith: Really? Well then…

08 - Tsukaima no Shimei
08 – Familiar’s Purpose/Fate

Fate: Then a month passed, I thought to myself that it was almost time for me to end Arf’s probationary/temporary contract.
Linith: Hm, your aggregate/total mana has grown quite a bit. It looks like it won’t be a problem.
Fate: Yes, I don’t think there will be any problem maintaining Arf.
Linith: It’s almost time for a real contract. We must decide on the appropriate contents/details of the contract
Fate: Yes, we do… Oh, rain.
Linith: It’s started to fall/rain. It looks like tonight will be a storm.

Arf: Oh, a door is open. Oh it’s a place that I’ve never in too! Ah, but they said that Fate’s mom might scold me/get angry at me if she sees/finds me. Oh well, I’ll just say ‘sorry’ if she finds me/that happens. Well then, the adventure begins!
Precia: Only just a little more, a little more! I’m missing some essential/vital component/piece! There must be a way, it’s theoretically possible!!
Arf: Oh, that’s Fate’s mom?
Precia: Who is it?
Arf: Um, er good evening, Fate’s mom. Um, I’m Fate’s familiar, Arf. Nice to meet to you, hope to get along with ya. Huh?! AH! Wha- what are you trying to do all of a sudden?
Precia: You’re very quick to react (fast on your feet). You’re more like a monkey than a wolf.
Arf: Arf is a wolf! Not a monkey!
Precia: When selecting/creating a familiar, you have to be careful with the raw material/base components. What a blunder/error by Linith, this is the limits/extent of Fate’s abilities/skills.
Arf: Linith is a good guy and Fate is amazing! She’s amazing at magic and she’s knows lots of stuff too! At night, she even sleeps with me!
Precia: Is the familiar confusing itself with a pet? Tell me, do you know the purpose/fate of a familiar?
Arf: Fate/Purpose?

09 - Keiyaku no Hi
09 – The Day of the Contract (The Contract Day)

Fate: Arf? Arf?!
Linith: Fate, what’s wrong?
Fate: Linith, Arf’s not here. She won’t answer telepathic calls either. I’m so worried.
Linith: Oh… That reminds me, that door was open, it couldn’t be… Precia!
Precia: Linith, I thought I forbade you to contact me telepathically unless it’s an emergency…
Linith: Arf! Did you meet Fate’s familiar?
Precia: Perhaps…
Linith: You, you wouldn’t have cancelled/ the contract…
Precia: If a third party destroyed a familiar, it would have damaged the contractor, Fate, as well through the link they had. Did you seriously think I would do something like that?
Linith: So you didn’t meet Arf…
Precia: I can’t be bothered right now; I’m cutting this off now.
Linith: She’s probably outside. I’ll do a search right away.

Fate: Arf… Arf!
Linith: Fate, over there.
Fate: Oh, Arf, thank goodness. I was so worried.
Arf: Don’t come near me!
Fate: Arf?
Arf: A familiar… is a life only created when the Master has a purpose for it in mind. Is that true? Because maintaining a familiar is incredibly difficult, they’re only created for a specific purpose and normally erase/destroy them after they fulfilled it… Is that true?
Fate: Why, why are you all of a sudden asking this?
Linith: It’s probably the library. I must have left out familiar related books I wanted to show you out in the open. It’s probably that, I’m sorry.
Arf: Fate, once your goal/objective is fulfilled will you just throw me away? Are you going to erase/destroy me? I don’t want that, I don’t want to be thrown away or destroyed by Fate!
Fate: I won’t ever throw you away. I’ll never throw you away or let you disappear…
Arf: But… But I’m Fate’s familiar… I thought we could be friends or like sisters!
Fate: Do we have to be friends or sisters? It might be a relationship between Master and familiar but I had so much fun and was so happy. When you said you would grow up to protect me, I was so happy.
Arf: But…
Fate: I’ve thought up the contents of our contract, will you hear it?...

Thou, familiar Arf… Your Master Fate, from this contract, agrees and understands to comply without exceeding or rebuffing the contents, to the agreed terms and conditions thusly. Thy flesh/body and spirit/soul thou possess, is free to pursue thy personal wishes and way of life to thy satisfaction. Even if those desires conflict with thy Master’s, or take thee to lands far from thy Master. Thus thy Master pledges to fulfill this contract until the end of thy Master’s life.

The reason I made Arf, my familiar is because I didn’t want her to die. So, it doesn’t matter afterwards, if you, Arf, want to leave me or want to go somewhere else. I won’t resent or use you if you want to live your life as a free wolf. But I would be happy if you would stay by my side like you have done now and do all sorts of things. Because with Arf, everything and anything seems so much better/exciting and because she’s so kind. You and I might not be friends or sisters but I think to myself, we would be great/the best partners ever.
Arf: The best/greatest?
Fate: Yeah, the best/greatest… Oh look, the fur you’re so proud of is all wet. Let’s go home…
Arf: Fate…
Fate: It doesn’t matter if we’re master and familiar. Let’s stay the same as we are, now and forever.

Fate: That’s what happened, and so I and Arf sealed our contract. My half of the contract remained the same as before. Arf’s half of the contract was…
Arf: I, familiar Arf, upon my honor/soul (fibre of her being) and pride as wolf, shall protect Fate’s heart and body to the very bitter end and for that end use all resources at hand for that purpose.
Fate: Familiar Arf…
Arf: Master Fate…
A+F: I make our contract thusly.
Linith: Congratulations, the contract has been signed/completed.
Fate: I don’t think I feel that anything has changed, has it?
Arf: Yeah…
Linith: Actually, quite a bit has changed. Your spiritual link has been strengthened and you now share/transfer spell knowledge.
Fate: If you study hard, you should be able to use similar/same spells I have.
Arf: Oh, that’s way cool! I’ll study real hard!
Linith: Starting tomorrow I’ll have two students. Let’s go full out!
A+F: Yeah!

11 - Sodachiyuku Hibi
11 – Days of growing up

Fate: During the depths/height of winter, Arf’s arms and legs got much longer/bigger.
Arf: OHHH~! TERIYA!
Fate: Amazing…
Arf: Did you see that? My special/secret skill punch! (hissatsu punch)
Linith: This stupidly powerful strength… to be able break/pierce/shatter a barrier in just one punch…
Arf: My fist is unbeatable/invincible!
Fate: Arf is particularly good at gathering magic and firing/releasing it.
Linith: And her tactical knowledge (movement ability) is extremely high. If she can master breaching barriers, she’ll be a tolerable/decent support for Fate.
Arf: I can’t just be tolerable/acceptable. I’ve got to be amazingly good (really amazing) or else I can’t protect Fate!
Fate: By the time the snow melted, she finally grew into an adult and surpassed Linith’s height.
Linith: Seriously, your body is just getting bigger all the time.
Arf: Seconds please!
Fate: Together we continued to improve/grow as mages.

Linith: This is… Fate’s new staff. It’s still a work in process though.
Fate: Wow…
Arf: You know… this looks kinda like a hatchet/ax… Don’t ya think it’s a bit plain (alt: clumsy looking)?
Bardiche: Get Set…
Arf: It spoke!
Linith: Of course it speaks. It’s an intelligent device. By the time Fate masters the final magical challenge/task facing her; it’ll be ready/complete.
Fate: I see… This is my staff.

12 - Fate, Sashuu Kadai
12 – Fate, Final Task/Lesson/Challenge

(アルカス・クルタス・エイギアス; 制裁の閃光よ、降り来たりて眼下の敵を討て;_
バルエル・ザルエル・ブラウゼル;突き立て、雷光の剣―――;サンダーレイジ!)

Fate: And then, at the end of summer…
Arukas, Krutas, Eygias… Light of judgement/punishment, shine down your terrible vengeance below. (upon all you see)
Arf: Uwa, what incredible magic!
Linith: Arf, cover your ears! The thunderclap is coming!
Fate: Baruel, Zaluel, Browzel… Pierce the Heavens with your sword/blade of thunder/lightning… Thunder Rage!... Linith, did I succeed?
Linith: You hit your target. Nothing wrong with the Lock On either. It’s fine; you’ve cleared the last task/lesson.
Arf: You did it!
Fate: I… Did… it…
Arf: Fate, are you all right?
Fate: Thank you Arf. I’m just a bit tired (lost strength).
Linith: You’ve used up most of your mana. Arf, take Fate to her room. Fate…
Fate: Yes?
Linith: Congratulations, you did very well.
Fate: Thank you, it’s because of you Linith. I hope after this, you’ll continue to help me out.
Linith: After… this, huh…

13 - Rinis no Negai
13 – Linith’s wish

Linith: Precia, its Linith.
Precia: Come in.
Linith: Did you hear it, that thunderclap/thunderous roar?
Precia: A high level magic lightning attack… Was that Fate?
Linith: Without using a staff, with just only her body.
Precia: I see. How wonderful.
Linith: With that… I have nothing else left to teach Fate. And the staff will be finished by tonight as well. My job is done, isn’t it?
Precia: Yes it’s over. Once you’ve finished the staff, disappear immediately. Maintaining a high level/quality/independent familiar like you is very difficult.
Linith: I will do that, but before that. Precia, do you remember the contents of our contract? What we agreed to when it concluded? Once the contract is fulfilled, you would give me a reward.
Precia: Ah, yes, you will return to your former form as a mountain cat and possibly return home to the mountains.
Linith: Even if I were restored to my animal form now (To return to as an animal now) … Well…
Precia: You want to remain in human form? But if that’s the case, the contract…
Linith: Is not possible (Alt: would be violated right?). Don’t worry about that, it’s something far simpler.

Arf: Fate, are you all right?
Fate: Yeah, I’m really tired but it feels wonderful.
Arf: Hm, I’m happy too, as expected of my Master!
Fate: Thank you, Arf.

14 – Bansan
14 – Dinner

Linith: Fate, Arf! Time for dinner!
Fate: Oh, yes.
Linith: Today there’s big surprise for you. So wear your best clothing and tie on your hair ribbons, then let’s head to the dining room.

Precia: Fate, it’s been a long time/awhile.
Fate:M-mom!
Precia: I heard from Linith, you’ve finished/cleared all your lessons.
Fate: Y-yes.
Precia: Tonight, in celebration/as a reward, let’s have dinner together
Fate: Yes!
Arf: Wow, so that woman can act motherly (has a motherly side after all).
Linith: Well, they are family after all (mother/daughter). We shouldn’t bother them, Arf.
Arf: I know, I wouldn’t dare.
Precia: How long did it take you to learn/master the advanced level spell?
Fate: Um, I got stuck/puzzled with combining/joining/connecting techniques for mid level magic/spell but once I managed to understand that, it came to me very easily.
Precia: Your favourite spell/magic?
Fate: Um, spells like Lancer and I feel I’m pretty good with shooting/bullet type spells.
Precia: I see.
Arf: Um, it sure doesn’t seem family like.
Linith: It’s the first time I’ve ever seen them eat together (have dinner together) after I was born.
Arf: Well, I could less about that woman but Fate seems so happy though, so I don’t care.
Linith: Well then, Arf. Starting from tonight, I have to leave here for a little while to some place far away.
Arf: Huh? Really?
Linith: There’s nothing left I can teach you or Fate any more.
Arf: Nn…
Linith: With you by Fate’s side, she’ll be fine.
Arf: Um, really?
Linith: Really, have confidence…
Arf: Yeah.
Linith: Oh, and tell Fate to come to my room latter. Tell her there is something/a gift for her from me.
Arf: Okay.
Linith: Well then…
Arf: Have a good trip! Keep safe!

15 - Sono na wa Barudisshu
15 – His/Its name is Bardiche

「闇を貫く雷神の槍、夜を切り裂く閃光の戦斧」(リニス談)

Linith: Well then… I have fulfilled all that I was supposed to do. I have many (a mountain) concerns/worries and regrets in my heart but my duty has ended, so I shall quietly/obediently disappear from the stage. Fate’s staff, I may disappear but I shall leave my memories/feelings and will to this child.

Bardiche, the spear of lightning that pierces the darkness, the axe of brilliant light that tears/shatters/cuts through the night… Take my wishes/hopes unto yourself.

Hey, Precia, you know, to tell you the truth I was very jealous of you. I kept thinking to myself, if only Fate was my child. Then I could hold her tightly and lovingly into my arms (as her mother). But, if I never became Precia’s familiar then I never would have met Fate and Arf. So I feel more thankful to you than jealous.

Good night, my cute Arf. My dear/beloved Fate. Good bye, my stubborn, mean and not at all gentle/kind master, Precia. Bardiche, please take care of those two/children for me.

Precia: Linith? So she’s gone already? Linith… That girl’s staff, it’s been completed. It wasn’t supposed to end/be like this… was it? (Personal: You’re asking yourself this now, you crazy bitch?)
Arf: Yeah, a gift from Linith.
Fate: Ah, mother, sorry.
Arf: A… staff…
Precia: Come with me Fate.
Fate: Y-Yes.
Precia: This is your staff, Linith left this for you.
Precia: Take it into your hand.
Fate: It’s heavy but… it feels so warm…
Bardiche: Get Set!
Fate: This staff, it matches/conforms to me (my abilities)?
Precia: Of course it does, it’s something that Linith made for you, after all.
Fate: Bardiche, is that your name?
Bardiche: Device Form, Set up!
Fate: Nice to meet you, Bardiche (I’ll be relying on you, Bardiche).
Precia: Listen to me well Fate.
Precia: With that staff, became stronger and obtain the power to grant all my wishes/desires. You are my daughter after all.
Fate: Yes, I will do my best.
Precia: Once you learn/familiarize yourself with that staff, I will send you out on missions/tasks occasionally. Do you understand, Fate?
Fate: Yes…
Arf: Linith, she’s gone already? I wonder when she’s coming home…

16 – Hajimari
16 – The Beginning

Fate: And after that, I learned to wield Bardiche and was sent out for tasks by mother occasionally. Sometimes it was materials for her experiments. Other times it was books and documents. Time flowed/passed by, the research and experiments never once stopped (continued without end).
Mother was soon unable to restrain/hide her anger/temper. Compared to the times when Linith was around, the atmosphere at home became… much darker.
Arf: What the hell is wrong with woman? We found that book she told us she wanted!
Fate: It can’t be help. It didn’t contain what Mother wanted to read/see.
Arf: There’s no reason for her to hit you because of that… Oh, Fate, you’re not hurt are you?
Fate: No. I’m fine; she didn’t hit me that hard.
Arf: You’re lying, you’re bleeding (you’re wounded)! Erg, seriously. If only Linith was still around, then she would have told off that stupid old witch!
Fate: Arf, don’t use dirty words.
Arf: Yeah…
Fate: Even though half a year, or a year passed, Linith never returned. I and Arf finally understood then, what had happened on that day and why Linith disappeared/left but we never said it aloud. Things began to change, and the air/situation in our home became heavier/more oppressive. Though Arf was always gentle to me, she started to become more and more visibly frustrated. I’ve gotten a bit taller… And gathered a few more wounds/scars on my back and my arms and legs.
Arf: There’s… there’s definitely something screwed up about your mother! Hurting Fate so much, even though Fate is trying so hard!
Fate: Arf asked me many times about leaving home but I never did. I told/explained to Arf, Mother is just a bit tired and frustrated, that’s all. And then…
Precia: Fate, I need you to leave immediately. A search!
Precia: A Lost Logia, its appearance is that of a blue jewel. (Commonly called) Known commonly as a “Jewel Seed”.
Fate: Jewel Seed.
Precia: There are 21 in all. Find them quickly, as many as you can! Obtain them for me!
Fate: Yes, I understand. And so, I and Arf began our journey to hunt for the Lost Logia.

17 - Soshite, Genzai
17 – And now

Arf: Fate, sorry did I wake you up?
Fate: No, I should apologize; after all I fell asleep on Arf’s lap.
Arf: If you want to sleep on your bed, I’ll carry you there princess.
Fate: Thank you but I’m fine now. I just needed a nap. What time is it now?
Arf: A little past 1 p.m., could be 2 p.m. now.
Fate: I had a dream…
Arf: A dream? What type of dream?
Fate: Sometimes I dream of Linith, even now. But rather than feel sad, my memories of her warm kindness has not faded away. I’ve slept for a bit, so I’ve recovered quite a bit of my mana.
Arf: Really? You’ve only slept for an hour though!
Fate: Arf’s lap is really comfortable, so I recovered real quickly. I’m going to the rooftop to cast a search spell. We’ve got to find those Lost Logias as quickly as possible.
Arf: Oh, you’ve already gotten three of them. You don’t gotta hurry like that.
Fate: Thank you Arf but I’m fine now.
Arf: Okay, then I’ll go out for groceries for a little. I’ll get Fate’s dinner ready in her room.
Fate: Un, thank you.
Arf: After you do your search, you better eat and get some rest.
Fate: I’ll be fine. Have a safe trip.
Arf: Un…
Fate: Here we go, Bardiche.
Bardiche: Yes sir!
Fate: Arukas, Krutas… Dispersal setting/configuration, wide area search… The magic/spells that Linith has taught me (left for me) still guides me even now.
Bardiche: Get Set!
Fate: Search for a blue aura/radiance. Ever since that day, the ‘Axe of Light’ has remained in my hands. I found it, I think...

But the only thing that Linith left for my mother is that she left me completed as a mage. And the only person, who could make my saddened, frustrated, and despairing/suffering mother smile any more, is me now.

Out of mana. I’m pretty weak. I’ll rest a bit and leave latter this evening. I have a proper bed and food. And Arf is with me. I’m not lonely at all. I’m fine. Yes, I’m completely fine. The only person who can save mother is me. Yes, that’s why I won’t ever waver/falter (doubt myself). No matter what happens, I will never waver/falter (doubt myself).

19 - Jikai Yokoku
19 – Next Time On!

Fate: Since that day everything ended. About the days after the end…
Arf: About Nanoha and the others, Chrono and the others, and us. An explanation of what we have been up to elsewhere. Next on Sound Stage 03.
Fate: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 14 is ‘Afterwards’… Lyrical Magical, I will do my best…
Arf: AHAHAHA! Fate that was so cu~te~!
Fate: Oh that was so embarrassing…
Old 2009-11-10, 21:41   Link #2327
Nagumo
Random Translator

Well people, here's Nanoha SS03 for your viewing pleasure.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha SOUND STAGE 03

02 Asa no Gakkou
02 School Morning (Morning at School)

Nanoha: Good morning!
Suzuka: Oh, Nanoha-chan.
Arisa: Morning Nanoha.
Nanoha: Arisa-chan, Suzuka-chan, good morning!
Suzuka: Did something happen Nanoha-chan? You look so happy.
Nanoha: Look at this!
Suzuka: Oh, that!
Arisa: A video mail from Fate?
Nanoha: Yup, a DVD. Came in this morning
Suzuka: Oh, she answered back. I’m so glad for you Nanoha-chan.
Nanoha: Yeah.
Arisa: Did you see it already?
Nanoha: Nope, I thought we could all watch it together.
Arisa: Okay then, after school let’s go to my house and watch it together.
Suzuka: Oh, how fun.
Nanoha: Yeah.
Fate-chan was the main player’s /accused in a very serious case/incident, so she is currently being investigated and attending her court trial, so she can’t contact other dimensional humans in real time. But Lindy-san told us, that if it’s by video mail, she can allow us exchange letters to see each other’s face and hear each other voices. So, even though I and Fate-chan are far away (separated) from each other, we’re still keeping in touch through video mail. In my third response/message, I told Fate-chan that I wanted to introduce her to my parents and friends. So I asked her to create a disk that keeps magic and that incident/case a secret for her next message. Me and Yuuno-kun’s gotten used to the routine of sending disks to each other. The disk delivered today is the third one now.
Old 2009-11-10, 22:01   Link #2328
Nagumo
Random Translator

03 Haha to Musuko - Kanchou to Shitsumukan
03 Mother and Son – Captain and Enforcer

Chrono: Oh, Captain. Are you done with your business/errands?
Lindy: Yes, it was just a small thing.
Chrono: In the training room, since Fate is returning by evening, so I thought I’d prepare it for her.
Lindy: I see. Today’s the day the investigation hearing is supposed to end, right?
Chrono: Yes it is. Fate should be able to move freely within the Athra/Asura now. It’s quite helpful/handy to have her available/as a partner for magic combat practice.
Lindy: That’s true. Oh, if only Fate-san and Nanoha-san join our outfit? Think about it for a second, how wonderful and advantageous it would be to have three triple A class mages on one ship! And the three mages have clearly/cleanly specialized (unique qualities/abilities/characteristics) in completely different disciplines!
Chrono: We can’t draft/force/coerce them. Those girls are the only ones who can choose their future.
Lindy: That’s true but…
Chrono: Oh, and how would the Captain like to match my meal times? Then we match it to Fate’s arrival? It seems that Amy is going to show off her cooking skills then.
Lindy: Oh really?
Chrono: It’s a good thing if everyone can have dinner together.
Lindy: Oh yes, that’s absolutely true.
Old 2009-11-10, 22:47   Link #2329
Nagumo
Random Translator

06 Fate to Alf
06 Fate and Arf

Women: And that’s all for today’s investigation/inquiry hearing. Thanks for your patience/hard work.
Fate: Yes, thank you very much.
Arf: Same here…
Woman: I’ll meet you again at the TSAB naval ship. (bad translation) Number 8, Athra/Asura right?
Fate: Yes, please take good care of me.
Arf: Ah, so tired.
Fate: Thanks for your hard work today, Arf.
Arf: You know, trials sure are troublesome and tiring.
Fate: Yeah, very difficult.
Arf: My shoulders are all stiff, and I’m starving…
Fate: I heard that Amy’s going to make dinner for us. Why don’t we go straight home?
Arf: Yeah, that sounds good. Hey Fate… After the trial, what are you going to do? Thinking of accepting Lindy’s offer and joining the TSAB?
Fate: Hm, I haven’t really given it much thought. For now, I would like remain free and visit Nanoha.
Arf: I suppose.
Fate: Arf, is there any place you want to go to?
Arf: Not in particular. No matter what, remaining by Fate’s side is my place. A laughing/happy Fate, eating delicious food and having a fluffy towel, I would need nothing else.
Fate: Thank you, Arf…
Old 2009-11-10, 23:12   Link #2330
Nagumo
Random Translator

10 Alf Fuchuu
10 Arf Walking About (taking a walk)

Arf: Oh, oh I’m starting to smell something really tasty! This wondrous scent that sends my heart running! Without a doubt, it’s roast meat (with bone)! Amy’s really going all out! I wonder if something good happened to her.
Guy 2: Oh, Arf.
Guy 1: Want to join us, we got some snacks?
Arf: Thanks but I’ll be fine. I’ll wait patiently until dinner time.
Guy 1: I see.
Arf: Oh, what are you doing together?
Guy 1: Hm? Oh, we’re on break right now so…
Guy 2: Okay, moving up the mountain road (bad translation)! Arch CHECK!
Guy 1: Oh, wait, take back (wait)! Take back (wait)!
Guy 2: No take backs (waits)!
Arf: Ahahah, so you’re doing a board game!
Guy 2: Oh, that reminds me, I heard from Amy. Today’s the anniversary of your contract?
Arf: Oh yeah, me and Fate’s. That’s right; we were asked last time when we were interrogated about the situation.
Guy 2: Aren’t you two going to have a party or something? I mean, since Arf is helping out around on the ship and stuff, we can hold a party for you at least…
(Guy 1: (can’t hear, mostly talking to himself about moves) Ah, if I play from the bottom?... Yeah…)
Arf: Thanks but it’s all right, since we know how you feel.
Guy 1: If I go like this and skip over it, then it’s check!
Guy 2: You reversed/changed the situation!? Wait (take back)! Wait (take back)! Wait (take that back)!
Guy 1: No waiting (no take backs)!
Old 2009-11-10, 23:30   Link #2331
Nagumo
Random Translator

15 Omoi wo Komete
15 Gathering Up Feelings

Guys: Ahahah! Cheers!
Arf: Having everyone come is great! But… if you reach out to my meat, I’ll bite you to death!
Guy 1: Whoa scary…
Guy 2: Hey…
Amy: Okay, I, Amy Limiette, shall sing a song!
Nanoha: Right now, in many different places, smiles and tears gather.
Fate: Reunions and feelings for days of new beginnings come together. (bad translations)
Nanoha: Lyrical Magical… Wishing that everyone will be happy!
Old 2009-11-10, 23:39   Link #2332
sami_sonic

Send a message via MSN to sami_sonic
Thanks for all your efforts in translating the Sound Stages, Nagumo.

Time to hear the first season SS2
sami_sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:52   Link #2333
Nagumo
Random Translator

14 [Eeeeeeh!] (or [WHAAAAT!])

Nanoha: As expected, I’m pretty tired.
Yuuno: Yeah…
Nanoha: Thank you for your hard work, Raising Heart.
Raising Heart: All right!
Yuuno: No matter how much you lowered your power output and range, you were firing off a barrage of Breakers, so it must be quite tiring
Nanoha: But thanks to Yuuno-kun’s control, it really looked like beautiful fireworks. Thank you Yuuno-kun.
Yuuno: Well since I wasn’t using any other magics, so maintaining control was… Huh, wait…
Nanoha: Huh?
Yuuno: If I didn’t use any other magic, then that means…
Nanoha: Means…
Yuuno: I forgot to put up a … barrier?
Nanoha: EEEEH!!! (Whaaaat!!!)

Arisa: The fireworks we just saw, they were pretty amazing…
Suzuka: Yes, they were pretty strange fireworks but… But what beautiful pink and green colors.
Arisa: But it’s a bit too early for firework season though, so I wonder what it’s for…
Suzuka: Indeed, what was it for…?

Nanoha: So, so the entire neighbourhood, the Breakers I just fired off…
Yuuno: Sorry…
Nanoha: Ugh… Beyond the sound and light though, I don’t think we bothered the neighbourhood too badly. But if we remain, where we fired off all our magic…
Yuuno: It could be very… very…
Nanoha: It would be very… Um, in any case, Yuuno-kun, get on my shoulder…
Yuuno: Uh yeah…
Nanoha: Well, then… All together…
Y+N: SORRY!
Raising Heart: Good bye!
Old 2009-11-11, 01:36   Link #2334
Jimmy C

Thanks for the new translations, Nagumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
03 Mother and Son – Captain and Enforcer
Lindy: That’s true. Oh, if only Fate-san and Nanoha-san join our outfit? Think about it for a second, how wonderful and advantageous it would be to have three triple A class mages on one ship! And the three mages have clearly/cleanly specialized (unique qualities/abilities/characteristics) in completely different disciplines!
Chrono: We can’t draft/force/coerce them. Those girls are the only ones who can choose their future.
Lindy: That’s true but…
What do we have here? Why, it appears to be a complete refutation of the novel's lines about strong arming foreign mages into the Bureau! What do you say to that, ark?

Quote:
06 Fate and Arf
Woman: I’ll meet you again at the TSAB naval ship. (bad translation) Number 8, Athra/Asura right?
Which part is the bad trans, the "I'll meet you..." part? Pity the Chinese group never got around to these.
A question, where do the tracks involving Fate and the other Bureau personnel take place? Should be on the Asura because they should still be on their patrol route for a few months after the first season.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 02:10   Link #2335
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post

What do we have here? Why, it appears to be a complete refutation of the novel's lines about strong arming foreign mages into the Bureau! What do you say to that, ark?
Not the only place we have one such refutation.

After all, it is said more than once that *subaru* only *chose* to be in the TSAB after the airport incident, and Genya/ginga were a bit worried about her choice at first. (and if a combat cyborg has choice...)
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 10:25   Link #2336
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post

Which part is the bad trans, the "I'll meet you..." part? Pity the Chinese group never got around to these.
A question, where do the tracks involving Fate and the other Bureau personnel take place? Should be on the Asura because they should still be on their patrol route for a few months after the first season.
Whoa, whoa slow down. I've only started translating SS03. I haven't heard much of the tracks, I'm just picking and choosing which ones are the shortest.

As for the bad translation part: in japanese it's

"Jikkai no hidzuke ha otte kanrikyoku kansei no hou ni ottai ni shimashou"

I was not sure how to translate it correctly, one alternative was 'for our next date/scheduled date/meeting, I'll head over to the TSAB ship." or something in that flavor.
Old 2009-11-11, 19:54   Link #2337
Nagumo
Random Translator

12 Chotto Shita Yuushoku
12 A Small/Brief Dinner

Amy: Oh, welcome!
Lindy: Welcome!
Fate: Amazing!
Arf: Ohhh~, meat, meat, meat!
Chrono: Whoa, that’s quite a feast (today you went all out)!
Fate: Why Amy?
Amy: Well, it is your anniversary today. Your contract anniversary!
Fate: That’s true…
Amy: If that’s the case you mind as well eat something good, have fun conversations and relax.
Amy: Besides Fate-chan, you’ve been taking care of/helping out our Chrono-kun too. This is thanks for that too! It’s just a little/small thing though.
Fate: Little/Small? It’s not small at all, it’s huge and fancy…
Amy: Made all my favourites in.
Lindy: Now, now, we mind as well help ourselves since she went through all that trouble. Here, sit.
Chrono: You too Arf.
Lindy: Well then, congratulations on your anniversary/happy anniversary you two.
Amy: Look we even have cake.
Fate: Ah, I see. Thank you, I’m very happy.
Amy: It’s not a birthday, but I’ve prepared some candles for the cake. We’ll put three candles on the cake and light them…
Lindy: They said that this particular custom is the same on Nanoha-san’s world too!
Chrono: Cake and candles, really?
Amy: Lower your face a little please.
Fate: Ah, how pretty.
Amy: Okay, go ahead and blow them out.
A+F: Ah, um, er…
Chrono: Go on.
Fate: Well, Arf..
Arf: Yeah, well then…
A+F: A one and a two…
Fate: Um, er, thank you. Thank you.
Arf: Um, try not to embarrass Fate too much. I’m kinda starting to feel embarrassed too.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:22   Link #2338
Nagumo
Random Translator

11 Fate to Chrono
11 Fate and Chrono

Fate: Lancer set!
Bardiche: Photon Lancer!
Fate: Pierce/Reach Smasher!

Fate: Oh no, we did it again.
Chrono: Let’s stop for a moment. Ah man, this’ll be pretty hard/bothersome to fix.
Fate: Sorry, Chrono. I put in too much power/strength all of a sudden
Chrono: No, it’s my fault for not offsetting/countering. Just help me afterwards in repairing it; no one’s going to complain if we fix what we can.
Fate: Yeah…
Chrono: But, really, it seems your mana/magic has gotten stronger again.
Fate: Yes, it must be because I’m eating a balanced diet and living very healthily.
Chrono: That’s good, let’s hope it continues.
Fate: Yes… But you know I’m still no match for Chrono-kun at all. If you get serious, I can’t hit you and I can’t avoid your attacks.
Chrono: It would be troublesome if you did surpass me but to tell you the truth, I’m barely able to beat/surpass you right now.
Fate: I wonder…
Chrono: Well in any case, let’s put a new barrier and go at it one more time/have another round!
Amy: This is the Officer/Manager Amy speaking! Captain Lindy, Enforcer Chrono, Fate-chan and Arf. Situation D has been finished/completed; please immediately head to Resting Room 6.
Chrono: It looks like dinner is ready, let’s go back.
Fate: Yeah, we’ll continue this latter on tonight
Chrono: But it looks like we’re going to have to put up a stronger protective barrier.
Fate: Looks like it…
Chrono: Barrier magic is pretty troublesome and difficult. Oh, that reminds me, I mind as well call Yuuno over here for a little then. He can be of some help to us…
Fate: Oh that’s right, if Admiral Lindy adopts me (if I become Admiral Lindy’s child)… Then Chrono will become… my older brother (onii-chan)…
Chrono: Huh?
Fate: N-n-nothing, nothing at all.
Chrono: I see.
Fate: Brother… Elder Brother?... No, I guess, big brother (onii-chan)…
Old 2009-11-11, 21:08   Link #2339
Nagumo
Random Translator

07 Yuuno, Omou
07 Yuuno, Thoughts/Feelings

Nanoha: After practice/study, I parted ways with Arisa and Suzuka, and went home. I received another magical disk and watched it together with Yuuno
Fate: Well, continuing from last time, I’ll switch over Arf first okay?
Arf: Well, then… Yo, how’s it going chibi’s/small fry’s? I’m doing really well over here, and lately supervision is getting pretty loose now. I’ve been pretty good, so now I’m pretty much free to move around/do what I want. And I can go out and eat whenever I want. Oh that reminds me speaking of food; Amy is surprisingly good at cooking, I was surprised.
Nanoha: Oh~.
Yuuno: I see.
Arf: Oh Yuuno, are you watching?
Yuuno: Huh?
Arf: Our partners have both become friends now, so why don’t you and I become good friends too? When you have any free time, let’s go for a walk. If we can, let’s all go together, it’ll be fun!
Yuuno: That sounds nice.
Arf: Ah, um, er… I guess that’s all for now. Nothing more to add.
Fate: Oh, that’s all?
Arf: Yup.
Fate: Well, let’s switch then. Okay, what should I start talking about first? Oh I know I’ll talk about the HQ. Right now I’m in the process of an investigatory trial so I sometimes go visit HQ. I get there by having the Athra/Asura teleport me. And there…
Yuuno: Nanoha seems very happy to be able to share words and feelings with Fate. With the girl she was so worried about and wanted to be friends with so much.
Fate: … I think I’ve told you about this before; I thought it was a building but it was actually a ship. HQ facilities inside is really amazing. They even have a sports ground. It’s just so big, I’m really surprised. They even have department stores and numerous restaurants. It’s not so much as a ship as a town/city. I wonder if Nanoha will ever have the opportunity to come and visit.
Nanoha: I wonder…
Fate: I don’t know much about sports but… (can’t hear, Yuuno’s talking too loud)
Yuuno: I can’t get back to my homeland, so I’m staying at Nanoha’s right now. But it’s not as if I can remain on this world forever. One day, there will be a day where I’ll have to leave her. And that day is not that far off either. When that day comes, I wonder if Nanoha will share her tears and laughter with me like she does with Fate?
Fate: Oh that reminds me. Hey Yuuno… Are you still riding on Nanoha’s shoulders?
Yuuno: Ah… wha…?
Nanoha: What’s wrong Yuuno?
Yuuno: Oh, nothing.
Fate: I asked her last time, but I heard you were Nanoha’s partner and her magic teacher right? When we meet again, I was hoping you could teach me some magic. I’m pretty bad at armor and defensive magic…
Arf: Ahahah, same with me. We’re all about attack and movement magic, pretty much.
Nanoha: They’re relying on you Yuuno-kun.
Fate: I would like to learn and know much more. When that day comes, I’ll be depending on you, Yuuno-kun.
Yuuno: Yeah.
Nanoha: Even though I depend on you a lot too.
Fate: It would be great if we could practice magic together. Right now I’m practicing with Chrono a lot, but he treats me like a child. Chrono’s really strong. I’m sure if Nanoha fights Chrono, she would be hard-pressed to beat him.
Arf: That little brat has no mercy!
Yuuno: Even if I return to my homeland, or go far away, if I could with Nanoha… And with everyone I’ve met here, it would be great if I could keep in contact/connected with them…
Old 2009-11-11, 21:42   Link #2340
Nagumo
Random Translator

04 Kimochi Wakeaete
04 Shared Feelings

Arisa: Ah, I’m home!
N+S: Sorry to bother you!
Arisa: Johnson, I’m home.
Suzuka: How are you Johnson?
Arisa: Hey Suzuka, turn on the TV will you?
Suzuka: Okay.
Woman: Excuse me; I’ve brought you all drinks.
Nanoha: Ah, thank you very much.
Arisa: Thanks, can you leave’em over there?
Woman: All right, well then…
Arisa: Okay, put in the dvd and… Come here Johnson. Ready? Starting to play!
Suzuka: How exciting.
Fate: Is it okay now?
Arf: Yup, it’s okay now. Go ahead.
Fate: Thank you. Greetings, thank you for your response. This is Fate, Nanoha it’s been awhile. I was happy to see your happy face and hear your voice, thank you Nanoha. Arisa, nice to meet you and hello. Thank you for lending me so many movie disks, I haven’t seen them all but whenever I’m free I watch a few in my room. I haven’t really watched all too many movies before, so they’re really enjoyable and new. Suzuka, nice to meet you and hello.
Suzuka: Nice to meet you.
Fate: Thank you for all the pictures and books. I’ve put the picture up in my room. My favourite one is the picture with all three of you in it, smiling. (can’t hear)
Nanoha: Oh, I wonder which one she’s talking about?
Suzuka: It’s probably that one my older sister took of us studying.
Arisa: Oh that one!
Fate: I haven’t read all the books, but I can see they’re all very nice books. The sort that warms my heart. I was thinking about stuff to send back to you but, sorry, I wasn’t able to think of anything.
Nanoha: Fate-chan’s voice was very quiet and gentle. It was as if she was a completely different person from the tragic girl I used to fight back then.
Fate: Um, er, I guess everything over here is the same as usual. Always busy and boring days.
Nanoha: But without a doubt, this is the real Fate-chan. She’s been through a lot of sad/sorrowful things but she laughs. She calls out words with her gentle voice. And when she does, my heart becomes so full and I remember all sorts of things.
Fate: I’ve watched video mail I’ve received from everyone over and over. When I watch them, I feel very happy. Thank you, Nanoha, Arisa, Suzuka…
Suzuka: Nanoha-chan…
Arisa: What’s with you? This isn’t the sort of thing to cry over.
Nanoha: Yeah, yeah I know. I know but…
Suzuka: Um, I’ll pause/stop it here for now.
Arisa: Hey, Nanoha, you went through a lot with/for this girl right? Because of this girl, you worried about her, got confused about her, and fought her, right?
Nanoha: Yeah, pretty seriously too.
Arisa: But you’re friends with her now. Friends enough to introduce us to her. And Fate’s smiling so happily.
Nanoha: Yeah…
Suzuka: Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan would laugh at you. There’s nothing to be sad about, and she’ll say Nanoha-chan is so strange.
Nanoha: Yeah, that’s true. She would laugh at me. Yeah, I’m fine now.
Arisa: Okay. We’ll start it again then.
Suzuka: Let’s rewind it a bit.
Nanoha: That’s right. I’m sure I’m happy for her. The feelings I wanted to show/tell her, has now been told/shared. We share the same feelings now.

Tags
music