AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 17:40   Link #21
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I think it is possible for a character winning Triple Crown is her being popular in Japan, Korea, and internationally of course and not vulnerable to antis at the same time. Since I think an anti-faction of a girl who can potentially win triple crown would ruin her chances of obtaining that title. As for current girls I feel like Noumi of Little Busters might have a chance of winning triple crown but it is pretty low though.
I have strong doubts about Noumi as of this moment, since she had very little screen time so far, what I have seen in that little time feels like rehashed version of existing loli-slightly comedic-innocent girl type that we have been seeing since 1990s, and the Little Busters series as whole doesn't give of any new vibes that could keep people hooked for diverse reasons. Diversity of appeal and depth of plots is important as you can't rely on one or two things to attract enough crowd to vote for you, and you have to satisfy intellectual vanity of the voters to keep them voting for you through all those matches. In my opinion, Little Busters anime series does not offer enough variety of situation and depth of characters to escape being called simple Harem comedy by those who have little knowledge of the VN. Its hope is that it still has more than half of its TVA episodes to develop and evolve.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:08   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Functionally, Taiga is the only one would it presently viable as all she needs to do is win ISML. While competition is tough there, it is the venue for older series to keep making their make. Best Moe and Saimoe are only the previous year, and unless the older series has a sequel, and remake, a movie, or OVA, they won't be back.

Unless Suiseiseki makes a major comback in ISML that is.
Old 2012-11-06, 00:38   Link #23
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Does the J-Saimoe controversy have to do with nullifying foreign votes after Sanzenin Nagi's loss to Kanade a few years back? If that's so then I don't really see anything wrong with it if it was always meant to be a tournament exclusively for Japanese voters. Whether or not the voter base is sustainable at its current size is of course a different issue to consider.
Old 2012-11-06, 02:39   Link #24
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Does the J-Saimoe controversy have to do with nullifying foreign votes after Sanzenin Nagi's loss to Kanade a few years back?
Wait. I don't think Nagi Sanzenin has ever faced, or much less lost to someone named Kanade in Saimoe before - including AB's Kanade Tachibana who never got further than the Group Finals Round. Perhaps you meant Nagi's loss to Rika Furude back in Saimoe 2007? Or her loss to Azusa Nakano back in Saimoe 2010?

By controversy, do you mean the current voter loss crisis being faced by the original AST? I don't remember an instance where foreign votes were nullified - because foreign votes were already practically impossible to do after 2010. Before that, foreign votes were still being counted normally as regular votes.

As for the topic, as I mentioned before this crisis being faced by the AST is another threat to the existence of the unofficial Triple Crown of Moe. Only ISML is still in good shape, and even then it may have already peaked in popularity, as mentioned by KholdStare.
Old 2012-11-06, 03:44   Link #25
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
At the very least J-Saimoe never rebooted a tournament when they realize that there was cheating going on.
Indeed. Kashiwazaki Sena obviously cheated in this year's Saimoe but it was blatantly ignored by the staff
Old 2012-11-06, 04:34   Link #26
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Wait. I don't think Nagi Sanzenin has ever faced, or much less lost to someone named Kanade in Saimoe before - including AB's Kanade Tachibana who never got further than the Group Finals Round. Perhaps you meant Nagi's loss to Rika Furude back in Saimoe 2007? Or her loss to Azusa Nakano back in Saimoe 2010?

By controversy, do you mean the current voter loss crisis being faced by the original AST? I don't remember an instance where foreign votes were nullified - because foreign votes were already practically impossible to do after 2010. Before that, foreign votes were still being counted normally as regular votes.

As for the topic, as I mentioned before this crisis being faced by the AST is another threat to the existence of the unofficial Triple Crown of Moe. Only ISML is still in good shape, and even then it may have already peaked in popularity, as mentioned by KholdStare.
Woops! Yes, I got RiKA FuruDE mixed up with a Kanade, no idea where that came from

I remember there was a bit of complaint about that result because apparently the Japanese voters preferred Nagi but the foreign votes swung in favour of Rika.
Old 2012-11-06, 08:47   Link #27
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Indeed. Kashiwazaki Sena obviously cheated in this year's Saimoe but it was blatantly ignored by the staff
Would you care to enlighten the rest of us on this? This is the second time you mentioned Sena cheating, yet you never answered our questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I remember there was a bit of complaint about that result because apparently the Japanese voters preferred Nagi but the foreign votes swung in favour of Rika.
It was controversial, but no foreign votes were nullified because of it. Foreigners were slowly banned from voting, though.

These challenges faced by AST certainly promise a rocky future for the Triple Crown of Moe... provided KBM doesn't stop being a tournament first.
Old 2012-11-06, 09:42   Link #28
Archaeon

It's not like J-Saimoe can not survive without gaijin vote.

Suiseiseki,Hinagiku, Taiga, Mio are the only one who have won more than 1 Moe Crown. Hinagiku got troll in J-Saimoe every year even when gaijin still allow to vote. Mio and K-On seems to be done with J-Saimoe unless there's new season. Taiga has the best chance but with new anime and characters appear every year, the competition for ISML is getting tougher. Is Rozen Maiden Traumend the last Rozen Maiden season? Even if new season of Rozen Maiden come out, I still root that Junk Suigntou.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-11-06 at 10:00.
Old 2012-11-06, 09:43   Link #29
wontaek

Quote:

These challenges faced by AST certainly promise a rocky future for the Triple Crown of Moe... provided KBM doesn't stop being a tournament first.
Since only way to keep KBM as a tournament is blocked, I guess you might as well say "KBM is no longer a tournament". Unlike J-Saimoe, international participation, especially the interest from AnimeSuki crowd here, was, in a way, only thing that was keeping KBM alive since 2010.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-11-06 at 10:08.
Old 2012-11-06, 15:35   Link #30
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Would you care to enlighten the rest of us on this? This is the second time you mentioned Sena cheating, yet you never answered our questions.
Some people take it pretty far when it comes to statistics

Anyway there are signs that she cheated in at least two rounds.
Old 2012-11-06, 17:19   Link #31
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I for one would love for Rozen Maiden to have another season (not just an OVA). I hear there are loads of material to animate. It's a shame, since bringing back Rozen Maiden would make saimoe...more interesting, to say the least. Plus, I really liked its story, and Traumend left us with a huge cliffhanger.

J-Saimoe can definitely survive without foreign influence, but the previous two years have been...weird. Both times it came down to one series dominating the Top 8, and the finale being same series. If this keeps up, regardless of what series actually dominates, then I don't know if the faction voting would be considered too extreme for even the most loyal AST followers. However, the more important thing is that AST shows that a sequel can put a series back in contention, and emerge with a winner. That, I guess, is sort of important to the triple crown, because it widens the pool of possibilities on the AST side.
Old 2012-11-06, 18:26   Link #32
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Some people take it pretty far when it comes to statistics

Anyway there are signs that she cheated in at least two rounds.
What are the signs of Sena cheating her votes were way lower compared to Saki girls if she was cheating wouldn't Sena's vote totals be like constant 600+ then her vote numbers plummet like a rock in like round 4 or something?
Old 2012-11-20, 20:52   Link #33
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, the Triple Crown of Moe... Very elusive, indeed. A distinction truly worthy of the most beautiful anime character in the world.
Old 2012-11-20, 22:55   Link #34
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With more Rozen Maiden anime on the way, Suiseiseki may again be viable for this title in ISML. She already has Saimoe and Best Moe completed.
Old 2012-11-20, 23:01   Link #35
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With more Rozen Maiden anime on the way, Suiseiseki may again be viable for this title in ISML. She already has Saimoe and Best Moe completed.
Because of this I think Suiseiseki has the highest chance now.
Old 2012-11-21, 03:22   Link #36
wontaek

Due to the focuses of the new Rozen Manga series, while I think there is chance that a Rozen doll may win ISML 2013, I heavily doubt Suiseiseki would win ISML.
Old 2012-11-21, 09:57   Link #37
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Due to the focuses of the new Rozen Manga series, while I think there is chance that a Rozen doll may win ISML 2013, I heavily doubt Suiseiseki would win ISML.
Do you really think they'll get the nominations though just based on the fact that's it's coming out next year?; I mean not many of them even made it to the prelims in recent years.

And the real boost from the new series wouldn't necessarily help for earlier phases of ISML. (See Karen and Tsukihi failing to make it before Nise could boost them).
MAL
Old 2012-11-21, 10:51   Link #38
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Do you really think they'll get the nominations though just based on the fact that's it's coming out next year?; I mean not many of them even made it to the prelims in recent years.

And the real boost from the new series wouldn't necessarily help for earlier phases of ISML. (See Karen and Tsukihi failing to make it before Nise could boost them).
Their greatest hurdle is the nomination stage, which makes their situation very similar to Karen and Tsukihi. At their height, Rozen Maidens could attract 3000+ voters based on their 2008 Super Best Moe Tournament performance. If half of them comes back to ISML, then I would not write them off any stage past prelim. If just 1/10 of them decide to also participate in the nominations, that may be enough to sneak in the prelim.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-11-21 at 14:29.
Old 2012-11-21, 22:38   Link #39
judasmartel
*Author

Not to mention with the latest anime around (I'm looking at SAO and Railgun 2), the competition would be tighter than ever.
Old 2012-11-23, 17:00   Link #40
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
It's not like J-Saimoe can not survive without gaijin vote.
Saimoe is a shell of what it used to be with the omission of foreign voting. Whatever "hype" that went around it in the past -- gone. What could have been treated as some big "online festival" is reduced to some kind of insider cult group.
Closed Thread