Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-08, 03:32   Link #21
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
It's Oban holiday as mentioned, besides, we've been told that Oda is on recovery schedule and this seem to be a lingering issue as I've seem fandoms digging up interviews and crosstalk as early as last year noting that Oda has been fighting off/ignoring these health issue. In a crosstalk with Matsumoto Taiyo, an fairly influential mangaka, whom ask Oda on JUMP's hectic schedule and Oda actually said that he has beginning to think that his health might not be able to last to the end.
At AP Gliblord translated that interview. For those of you who are interested in that specific part, here are some outtakes.

"It really is exhausting. Bodily speaking continuing to work at this rate has become difficult. However, if I let go of or slow down this impetus, this feeling that's being chased after, then the funness of the work gets halved. Originally I wanted to cut down on the number of pages I had to draw each week, but if I do that I become troubled."

"The flair of flying towards the deadline, you inadvertently expect the idiot strength (bakachikara, lol) that comes with it. I've experienced multiple instances where when there's barely any time left I get a ton of ideas, and I can draw pictures with vigor, and I rely on that explosive, high power output. However when I draw that out, the crisis affects my body still more. The result is that it's steadily becoming ever more painful."

On the question how many years till OP is finished:
"Since I get scared everytime I think about that, recently I've just not been thinking about it. *laughs* I don't know how long it will take, but I'll reach the end without fail."

It must be really hard on Oda, but on the other hand I don't think things will change. He is a perfectionist, drawing nearly every background himself. I think this manga is the fuel that keeps his engines running but at the same time the poison that destroys his body. Hopefully, for his sake not us readers, he won't be breaking before he finishs this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
back at Marineford, he was portrayed as just being an unusually Large human
If I remember correctly one of the databooks said he was a giant.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-08-08 at 05:54.
Old 2013-08-08, 08:42   Link #22
Undertaker

Yeah, and those that complain about the breaks they always seem to forget that both Kubo and Kishimoto have almost just as many break annually recently as well. Only Akimoto's Kochikame can claim the iron man status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Unlikely. Wasn't it stated in this chapter, that the people, who've known the person before he became a toy, completely forget that they even existed? The dwarwes know that they have kidnapped comrades, so unless this is an additional exception to the DFs power, we can assume they weren't changed.
But then the rule of Toys to the Toy House and Human to Human House would seem to be redundant an unnecessary. And there is Robecca and the Toy Solider if they are indeed a couple before the transformation.

So as someone mentioned there is still a limitation to this power, whatever it is...
Old 2013-08-08, 09:14   Link #23
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
With the King's Haki and the possible reverse, I think not- remember, the New World is full of the most insanely powerful characters this series has/will have to offer. As was stated, the first half of the grand line is called paradise to anyone who's been to the New World. Therefore, anyone who had the title of king or strove to be most likely is far weaker than anyone from the New World, and thus has little chance of having any form of Haki
that's why luffy needs to recruit someone who must be knowledgeable of the new world

preferrably a logia user, i feel like the strawhats are the only group who may not have a logia user,
Old 2013-08-08, 14:55   Link #24
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
that's why luffy needs to recruit someone who must be knowledgeable of the new world

preferrably a logia user, i feel like the strawhats are the only group who may not have a logia user,
What makes you say that? In fact most of the crews we know of don't have a Logia with them (or at least none that we are aware of). The only crews that come to mind are the Blackbeards Pirates, the Caribou Pirates (are they called that way??) and ,only if you count CC as one of Doflamingo's crew, the Donquixote Pirates.
Before Ace joined the Whitebeard Pirates, as far as we know, even they didn't have a Logia.
Old 2013-08-08, 21:50   Link #25
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
A logia user probably wouldn't benefit the crew by this point anways... as has been pointed is a thread somewhere, logia were practically invincible in the first half of the Grand line. As we're starting to see now, Haki is the ruler of the New World.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-08-09, 07:38   Link #26
bonsobon

Surprised no one has mentioned this but Bastille called Maynard a brat when talking about him. This suggests his elevation to vice admiral might have been fairly recent. It could also partially explain how Bartolomeo was able to beat someone of that rank.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:24   Link #27
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
After reading this chapter... well, so far it feels like we're getting something we haven't had in a long while: two back-to-back arcs that are excellent (I loved Punk Hazard), and Dressrosa is getting set up for some sort of epic clash. I just wonder how the crew will be able to stand up against the toymaker DF user... granted, the Art user somehow got the drop on the Sunny's crew and we see the results, but hopefully the same type of fate doesn't await the rest of the crew.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-08-09, 15:58   Link #28
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I've been thinking about how cool it would be if one of the straw hats got turned in to a toy and then, since everyone forgets their memories of that person, it would make for some really good emotional moments of the crew having their memories taken away from them. Also, since the toys seem to easily remember who they once were, we could see the crew being saved by their former straw hat that they forgot even existed! There's so many possibilities with this new information.. Maybe their memories can't be taken away if they have a strong enough attachment to that person. An "I will never forget you no matter what" kind of moment. Excited to see how this all plays out
Old 2013-08-09, 17:24   Link #29
anime fan99

I must disagree with everyone I do not think people forgeting is a loss of memory after a period of time you forget people if had not seen them for years
Old 2013-08-09, 19:08   Link #30
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Well this crap about a holiday is just STUPID D:
Anyways, this was a good chapter.
Old 2013-08-09, 20:38   Link #31
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I must disagree with everyone I do not think people forgeting is a loss of memory after a period of time you forget people if had not seen them for years
Perhaps some random douchebag you went to school with. Certainly not the father of your child or your lover.

Quote:
I just wonder how the crew will be able to stand up against the toymaker DF user... granted, the Art user somehow got the drop on the Sunny's crew and we see the results, but hopefully the same type of fate doesn't await the rest of the crew.
I guess a Haki-based defense will do (similar to what Smoker said about Law's power)... the problem is that only three of the Mugiwaras have that ability.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:59   Link #32
Rainbowman

With this holiday Obon, isn't that what Bon Clay was based from?
Old 2013-08-12, 17:56   Link #33
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Luffy's gonna smash the Colosseum floor.

No chapter this week makes me sad, But there was a ton of info in this one.
Old 2013-08-12, 18:10   Link #34
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Luffy's gonna smash the Colosseum floor.

No chapter this week makes me sad, But there was a ton of info in this one.
Thats what I was thinking. I'm saying that he going to end the match with a Haki Elephant Gun which would then destory the ground below them and revealing the factory and that would be then end of the chapter.
Old 2013-08-12, 20:43   Link #35
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Thats what I was thinking. I'm saying that he going to end the match with a Haki Elephant Gun which would then destory the ground below them and revealing the factory and that would be then end of the chapter.
Isn't there water under the platform? I think the factory is a bit deeper underground...
Old 2013-08-12, 20:54   Link #36
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Isn't there water under the platform? I think the factory is a bit deeper underground...
Just around it I think. Tbh I didn't that that into account sooooo I guess that it wouldn't work. I wonder what the entrence would look like. How would Luffy get to the factory then unless someone meets up with him. As him breaking the ground would be cool way to enter plus it would amount to choas if the factory was shown and then the marines would be able to go inside as I don't see them sitting on the sidelines while the factory is getting destoryed.
Old 2013-08-12, 21:05   Link #37
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Just around it I think. Tbh I didn't that that into account sooooo I guess that it wouldn't work. I wonder what the entrence would look like. How would Luffy get to the factory then unless someone meets up with him. As him breaking the ground would be cool way to enter plus it would amount to choas if the factory was shown and then the marines would be able to go inside as I don't see them sitting on the sidelines while the factory is getting destoryed.
Well in chapter 707 you can see a glimpse of what is underwater. It strangely looks like there is no platform at all, but the wall you can see in the background there seems too far away to be the fighting stage. I guess in the end we have to wait and see what Oda has planned.
Old 2013-08-12, 22:12   Link #38
Undertaker

Speaking of 707, I re-read if and noticed somthing I don't know if it was brought up.

We've been talking about Rebecca and Toy soldier, but Ricky himself is a bit weird. Rebecca didn't seem to know who he is and in 707 that was this spectator noting that Ricky's style was familiar but he can't remember...

With what we know now, Ricky could very well have been turned into toy before which would also expalin his hatred toward Dofla. But he surly doesn't look like a toy, so it would suggest he was able to reverse it. He might hold bigger key and role in the arc than we thought...
Old 2013-08-13, 17:15   Link #39
marvelB

^Well, I think many of us already figured that Ricky was quite the enigma. Whether or not he's the gladiator who's depicted on that statue is still anyone's guess naturally, but there certainly are clues that seem to point towards that direction. But yes, I most definitely agree that Ricky is going to be quite an important character in this arc.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With this holiday Obon, isn't that what Bon Clay was based from?
Yes, that is correct.

-------------

On another note, now that we've learned of the existence of a dwarf princess, I've been wondering: Will Oda eventually introduce us to more monarchs from different races? I mean, putting aside all the human royalty like Vivi/Wapol/world nobles/etc., we've already seen the merfolk's royal family (Shirahoshi, Neptune, Otohime, three princes), and now this arc has a dwarf princess (Manshelly). So maybe we'll see monarchs from the other races, as well? Personally, I am rather interested in checking out the royals from the giant or minkmen races.....
Old 2013-08-14, 00:36   Link #40
james0246

The long limbed royalty just sound nauseating to me (just thinking of seeing more people like Blue Gilly makes the bile in my stomach start to rise)...strangely enough, if the Snakeneck Tribe lives up to their name, I will not be quite as disturbed...
Closed Thread