AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 18:10   Link #10141
II Maestro

Rather than Godou fighting gods the last boss is his little sister Shizuka who will ask an explanation as to what is going when she see Godou use his authorities especially Youth. Though it would be interesting if Shizuka is drag into the conflict of magic with Godou being a Devil King.
Old 2014-05-06, 12:19   Link #10142
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, guys, haven't posted in this thread in a while .. but !

I luckily came back from a European trip where I got to go to Sardinia, Livorno, Pisa, etc. It's all very beautiful!
Old 2014-05-06, 13:34   Link #10143
Breimoon

Glad you liked my country Hope that you tasted real pizza while here in Italy .
Returning IT , does someone know how long more is left for next vol? about two or three months?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 13:46   Link #10144
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, guys, haven't posted in this thread in a while .. but !

I luckily came back from a European trip where I got to go to Sardinia, Livorno, Pisa, etc. It's all very beautiful!
Spoiler for :

neve'mind, welcome back...
Old 2014-05-06, 18:40   Link #10145
lived_1714

@HasNoLove

Even if he did, you thought that they would let him get away without making his memories a little fuzzy?
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 09:12   Link #10146
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You know ... while I doubt that something like has a huge chance of happening, but I think that it would be really ... amazing and amusing to actually see Godou's and the four girls that surround him, fight against a god ... from the perspective ... of Shizuka.

Of course ... it would probably have to be really short, since she doesn't have a lot of knowledge about magic and the wth is going on reactions would probably quickly get too repetitive ... but being forced to watch Godou use his authorities (bonus points if it would be the Sword or Youth form ) from the perspective of Shizuka would definitely be a quite priceless scene...
I wouldn't say it's priceless. After all, I can think up a few numbers that I'd pay for it to make it into the next novel ... there are way too many zeros though

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 23:08   Link #10147
Futon Lord
Human

That would be so awesome. More than that though, I'd rather see an apocalypse setting - Japan gets razed to the ground, with Godou leading/protecting survivors (Including Shizuka, classmates, etc.).

Prediction:
Due to Godou's trip back to the past, Uldin and his harem will live. How? I'm guessing some type of suspended-animation authority.

Support:
1. Uldin was introduced as 'The Eighth Godslayer'.
2. Campione have EX-rank instinct. Even a simple warning, like Godou gave Uldin, may make a huge difference.
3. Godou gave Uldin experience fighting against his 'black blade', the direct opposite of the Sword of Salvation.
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 23:19   Link #10148
Futon Lord
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You know ... while I doubt that something like has a huge chance of happening, but I think that it would be really ... amazing and amusing to actually see Godou's and the four girls that surround him, fight against a god ... from the perspective ... of Shizuka.
Reaction excerpt:
Godou: *badass pose* "As the one who holds all victory in my hands, I am the strongest. Man and devil—all enemies, all who harbor enmity will be vanquished. Hence I shall smash through all enemies in my way!"

Shizuka: O_o ...Onii-chan, you're a bit too old for the chuunibyou lines. Don't you feel embarrassed saying that?!
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 23:33   Link #10149
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
That would be so awesome. More than that though, I'd rather see an apocalypse setting - Japan gets razed to the ground, with Godou leading/protecting survivors (Including Shizuka, classmates, etc.).
Nah, it's no fun. Campiones are destroyers and chaos bringers, not protectors or saviors, including Godou. I'd rather see him destroying everything than protecting bunch of weaklings.
Old 2014-05-15, 23:53   Link #10150
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Nah, it's no fun. Campiones are destroyers and chaos bringers, not protectors or saviors, including Godou. I'd rather see him destroying everything than protecting bunch of weaklings.
Even when they try to protect things, they still end up destroying everything. That's what happens when you battle with the power of gods (ref: Man of Steel).
Old 2014-05-16, 02:14   Link #10151
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
Reaction excerpt:
Godou: *badass pose* "As the one who holds all victory in my hands, I am the strongest. Man and devil—all enemies, all who harbor enmity will be vanquished. Hence I shall smash through all enemies in my way!"

Shizuka: O_o ...Onii-chan, you're a bit too old for the chuunibyou lines. Don't you feel embarrassed saying that?!
Chuunibyou ... LOL

Fwarlord: Godou is destined to be the protector of the Earth. We know that much from what the Glass Princess said to Susanoo and the old monk Huangzhang in the Astral Plane.

Also, it was clearly stated by Pandora that Godou is unlike his peers. I can see him leading rescue operations (albeit with a setting like when he protected Yuri from Voban - a valiant rescue, with collateral damage reaching astronomical values ).

Nadesuto: LOL.
Well, Godou's intentions are good, but as we know ... the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Old 2014-05-16, 03:54   Link #10152
Ickarium

I'd argue that not all Campiones are by nature destroyers of everything.

They destroy, yes, due to their power, just like gods. But a Campione can be a destructive savior. I find it hard to envision that the world would be a BETTER place if Godou hadn't gotten his powers and Athena or Sun Wukong or such ran wild. Or John Pluto Smith in America with Asherah.

Granted, you also have folks like Vorbon and Lu Hao, but hey.
Old 2014-05-16, 05:02   Link #10153
Ultragunner

well, in sense, despite being the weirdest of their time, Campiones are the ones that keep all the @ssholes in the world at bay. Futhermore, "anyone" can become Campione regardless of their background so there wouldn't be any of the "bloodline" arrogance and bullshit, even if you descend from kings or a Campione of the past, you would still have to obey the current Campione in the region.

Of course, too much of one thing is never good , that's why The King of The End came the world - to restore the "equilibrium" when there are too many Campiones
Old 2014-05-16, 05:15   Link #10154
Ickarium

Honestly, my guess is it has nothing to do with too many Campiones. Not really. There's relatively tons of Gods running around here or there. He's linked to Campiones surely, but I think it's more a mirror of what creates Campiones in the first place.

As in, the magic that Pandora does or created to create Campiones has as a metaphysical balance, the King of the End.
Old 2014-05-16, 05:20   Link #10155
Ultragunner

I was just trying to make a connection there

Of course the KoTE wasn't born because there were too many Campiones, but his descend on the world conveniently became a powerful force that has help a ton (whether it's his own decision or not) in maintaining the balance in the world
Old 2014-05-16, 08:49   Link #10156
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I'd argue that not all Campiones are by nature destroyers of everything.

They destroy, yes, due to their power, just like gods. But a Campione can be a destructive savior. I find it hard to envision that the world would be a BETTER place if Godou hadn't gotten his powers and Athena or Sun Wukong or such ran wild. Or John Pluto Smith in America with Asherah.

The fact that they end up destroying things regardless of their original will is the best evidence to prove they are all destroyers by nature. Look at Godou, whenever he try to protect his friends or other people, he always destroys surrouding landmarks. Or JPS, he destroys things as costs to protect citizens.

Destructive savior is just another kind of destroyer, what's important is they destroy things by natures. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Beings like campiones are transcendentals that care not for good or evil. The likes of Luo Hao and Voban are not that different from Godou or JPS. They shoudn't be judged by human value since they aren't human to begin with. They're more like natural forces than saviors or devils.
Old 2014-05-16, 11:08   Link #10157
Hiyono

I don't know that it's so much that they are forces of nature like an earthquake or a tornado, as that they simply will do whatever it takes to obtain victory, completely disregarding the consequences.

That was how they became Campiones in the first place, and what sets them apart from the rest of humanity. In times of peace, their common sense kicks in (although a few of them simply do not have common sense in the first place, like Luo Hao or Doni), and they realize what they're doing is "outrageous." That said, once a battle with a divinity begins, you simply can't afford to hold back at all. When it comes to strength, stamina, abilities, etc: the gods win in every category - even after having become a Campione. There's no place for common sense when battling a god. Hesitating over the consequences of your actions will get you killed, and for those who are protectors - everyone else as well.

The fact that Godou's friends constantly scold and tease him about destroying things is played off as a comedic element in the series, but in reality, it'd be extremely hypocritical (which is why the Americans are okay with JPS). Large-scale collateral damage is, of course, tragic, but again, limited to the extent of a natural disaster. A Heretic God unleashed upon a country, on the other hand, would wreak extinction-level destruction.
Old 2014-05-17, 04:38   Link #10158
Navazishmh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
You cannot exclude Salvatore Doni from this list
Navazishmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 01:50   Link #10159
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

What I'm interested about KotE is - who's pulling the strings?

Let's assume this whole Campione vs. Gods showdown is a simple chess game (as I myself believe it to be). Pandora and Epimetheus made the ritual of ascension into a Campione by slaying a God.
Why exactly?
Gods can break out of their myths if the beliefs around them change to a certain degree.
And why is that?

Pandora herself is fishy ... she's too much of a positive character from the view of humankind. Mostly, Gods featured in Campione! are more or less true to their "original myths" (while they're sort of a mashup, with some changes, the actual Gods' myths are introduced like they are taught in schools). Excluding Pandora. She's too much of a helper of humans (while in her myths, she was the one obstucting them the most by opening the Box), but she still "stands as a proper Godess, not a Heretic one". That seems strange to me.
The whole "system" seems problematic to me as well. Campione and Gods are like two sides of the scale. But it's just not right ... 99% of the Gods are slain by Campione (f.e. looking at Voban, he almost toys with Gods like a cat toys with a mouse), while 99% of the Campione are slain by KotE. That means something like all "general" Gods are actually cannon fodder, except KotE ... like Gods are fleas, Campione are toads, and KotE is the crane. It's mathematically, or more properly said, logically incomprehensible.
It's usually better to stay in myths for Gods, refer to Verethragna's volume. Then, why do they break out? It doesn't seem like breaking out is the better option to me, nor does it seem like the better option to the Gods, based on volumes so far. Then, Pandora's ritual has a basis, if we assume this. But it's not simply a way of "passing time", it's a counter-measure.
Then, what of KotE? He sure doesn't seem like someone who enjoys his "destiny" (admittedly at that, refer to last volume of past arc). He does what he has to do (why does he have to again?), but sure as hell doesn't like it. That can only mean that either he's made to do so by something, or ... well, he's made to do so by someone.

If we do assume that this whole affair is one big spiritual chess game, then what's the wager? And who's the Black King?

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-05-19 at 02:02.
Old 2014-05-19, 04:23   Link #10160
whitecloud

isnt it more like a balancing act? campione to gods so when they act out of line, they could destroy them, and KoTe to campione, if they are too much in quantity on earth...i guess the closest analogy is like civilian (gods) < police (campione) < internal affairs (KoTe)

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem