AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2016-05-27, 10:22   Link #2781
NicoKenji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9n38TB-n4k

Well, after one week, I finally found it.
So! What do you guys think? :P
NicoKenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-28, 07:33   Link #2782
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Super cringey, terrible acting and poor OST.

Yeeahhhhh, please just remake the anime.
Old 2016-05-29, 20:08   Link #2783
GrAVit

For those who don't know yet, the Steam remake of the Tararigoroshi-hen visual novel chapter is coming out on June 24th! http://store.steampowered.com/app/472870/

Also as a side note I thought I'd mention they're also pushing out the question arcs of Umineko's visual novel remake with new sprites on 9th of July: http://store.steampowered.com/app/406550/

The sprites look quite a bit like the ones in the PS3 version.
And as always, you can switch between the original and new sprites.

Last edited by GrAVit; 2016-05-31 at 07:58.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 17:01   Link #2784
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
For those who don't know yet, the Steam remake of the Tararigoroshi-hen visual novel chapter is coming out on June 25th! http://store.steampowered.com/app/472870/

Also as a side note I thought I'd mention they're also pushing out the question arcs of Umineko's visual novel remake with new sprites on 9th of July: http://store.steampowered.com/app/406550/

The sprites look quite a bit like the ones in the PS3 version.
And as always, you can switch between the original and new sprites.
Funny. I seem to recall them once being pretty vehement about modeling the Higurashi sprites after the original sprites, but now they're taking after PS3 remake sprites instead. Then again, like 90% of their Higurashi sprites look a lot more like their PS2/3 counterparts than the originals. Maybe they just said that as an excuse for the one sprite. I dunno, it was a while ago.

Release date seems to be June 24th, not 25th. They're releasing it on the spotlight character's canonical birthday. Doubt that's a coincidence.

Last edited by DevilTrigger; 2016-05-30 at 17:22.
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 07:57   Link #2785
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
Funny. I seem to recall them once being pretty vehement about modeling the Higurashi sprites after the original sprites, but now they're taking after PS3 remake sprites instead. Then again, like 90% of their Higurashi sprites look a lot more like their PS2/3 counterparts than the originals. Maybe they just said that as an excuse for the one sprite. I dunno, it was a while ago.
Well, I think the remade sprites for Higurashi still look pretty good overall, and many of them look better than the ones for the PS2/3 version in my opinion. There's more attention to detail and they feel more like brand new than copied from older sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
Release date seems to be June 24th, not 25th. They're releasing it on the spotlight character's canonical birthday. Doubt that's a coincidence.
Oops, yeah it seems like it'll be available for me on the 25th but indeed it claims the release date is on the 24th. Fixed!
Old 2016-05-31, 21:43   Link #2786
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

The new sprites were actually from a Pachinko adaption of the game, and that was licensed by MangaGamer. They had nothing to do with the creation of the sprites, they've only bought the license to use them.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2016-06-01 at 11:58.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-11, 20:15   Link #2787
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Old 2016-09-12, 04:07   Link #2788
GrAVit

Hey, that looks pretty cool!

Would love to hear 'you' being played live.

Hopefully it's recorded so that people who couldn't attend can see it afterwards. lol
Old 2016-09-20, 19:34   Link #2789
GrAVit

Steam version of Himatsubushi-hen has been announced for release on October 7th/8th! (depending on your timezone)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/526490/
Old 2016-12-30, 18:19   Link #2790
GrAVit

WOAH!

The new WTC game from 07th Expansion was just announced on Twitter by Ryukishi himself, and it's due 2017! I'm so looking forward to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/30/cry-series-getting-completely-new-development-2017/
Developer 07th Expansion revealed today that they’ll start on the latest of the When They Cry series in 2017, and that it will be completely different from Higurashi and Umineko When They Cry.

Here’s what the tweet from 07th Expansion says:

I’ve heard from the staff that there were Umineko cosplayers at Comiket yesterday… and I want to say that I am truly grateful to see you wearing costumes of my work, in the midst of this cold weather.

The next of the When They Cry series is expected to commence in 2017. We intend to make it into something completely different from Higurashi and Umineko! Have a happy New Year! (Ryukishi07)

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/30...eljKLhCRrhW.99
Old 2017-01-04, 23:43   Link #2791
Jaden

completely different, huh???

Maybe player choices and branching paths instead of a time loop? Maybe a bit removed from the mystery genre?

I hope it's still going to feature a lot of horror. Those bits were the best of his writing, I think.
Old 2017-01-05, 00:05   Link #2792
GrAVit

It's still a WTC game after all, so I'm sure he'll keep the horror and mystery aspects in, which is what I'm looking most forward to.
Old 2017-01-18, 05:33   Link #2793
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Anyone know if there is an official site for second season of the TV drama? I am trying to find if any bluerays or OP cd have been released. Saki tv drama which released around same time has its bluerays and CD released, but Higurashi I could not find any site except the first season.
Old 2017-02-08, 19:31   Link #2794
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I picked up the newest Higurashi CD, When they cry for string quartet and piano. It came with music book, a clearfile and bunch of promotional leaflets. Now I shall lend my music book to someone who can read music so they can play it for me

Spoiler for big:
Old 2017-02-08, 19:34   Link #2795
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I picked up the newest Higurashi CD, When they cry for string quartet and piano. It came with music book, a clearfile and bunch of promotional leaflets. Now I shall lend my music book to someone who can read music so they can play it for me

Spoiler for big:
Hey that looks awesome!

Too bad I don't really know how to play any instruments but I'd love to hear it.
Old 2017-03-09, 13:54   Link #2796
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Got even more Higurashi Sou merchandise.

Spoiler for big:
Old 2017-03-09, 17:38   Link #2797
GrAVit

Quote:
Got even more Higurashi Sou merchandise.

Spoiler for big:
Nice, I like the group picture with everyone in it.

Also is that a Saki blanket in the background?
Old 2017-03-09, 20:36   Link #2798
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Tell me if I am missing any manga, this is video of my current higurashi collection. I am still working on games, dvds, cds and doujinshi. Oh the music is from some of the new cds I got~

Quote:
Also is that a Saki blanket in the background?
Yesh, Saki is my second favorite series.

Last edited by Daisu; 2017-03-09 at 21:03.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 21:23   Link #2799
GrAVit

Quote:
Tell me if I am missing any manga, this is video of my current higurashi collection. I am still working on games, dvds, cds and doujinshi. Oh the music is from some of the new cds I got~
That's a huge collection, by far the largest one I've seen!
One thing I didn't see were the Higurashi WAVE figures (Rika and Hanyuu). Are you planning on getting those? I think they look great lol

Quote:
Yesh, Saki is my second favorite series.
Oh cool, I recently started watching Saki myself, since I learned and really got into Mahjong Riichi. Now I could finally play/read Higurashi Jan as well.
Old 2017-03-09, 21:50   Link #2800
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's a huge collection, by far the largest one I've seen!
One thing I didn't see were the Higurashi WAVE figures (Rika and Hanyuu). Are you planning on getting those? I think they look great lol
I did not intentionally went to collect figurines, I just ended up with them when buying something else. Only one I bought by itself was Mion that has switchable parts, I found it at a convention, it was an impulse buy. Out of stuff to collect, more posters and figurines are at bottom of the list (Unless its Natsumi Kimiyoshi!), I rather have more books and cds. Figurines take lot of room, get dusty because I do not have proper storage, and my closet now filled with empty boxes I dare not to throw out. Woe is me.

Quote:
Oh cool, I recently started watching Saki myself, since I learned and really got into Mahjong Riichi. Now I could finally play/read Higurashi Jan as well.
Higurashi Jan is my favorite game, people do not give it a chance because of the ecchi stuff in it. I use it to help teach mahjong. Mahjong in higurashi is far more common then people believe, I have quite few books that have the kids playing mah-jong. I also tend to pick up doujinshi that have it as well.