AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 21:15   Link #1021
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Hopefully Rinne Madoka does not end up like Shinji.
You take that back! Madoka will pull through this and make everything better I tell you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Bleh to your more serious. I'm perfectly happy with my girls all being happy. Anyone who makes them unhappy must BLEED.
I agree we don't need to break the girls down for things to get serious.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-03-18 at 23:01.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:32   Link #1022
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Oh no:
Old 2012-03-18, 22:25   Link #1023
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I said back after episode 1 aired that I'd personnaly be perfectly fine with the show being a lighthearted affair with no real suspense or drama where I just get to see Madoka kick ass every week.[QUO
I still stand by that.

Having said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I wonder if Gen kidnapped the original script writer of the show.
I'm not sure Gen would need to kidnap the original writer,that guy's only other major screenwriting credit is the second half of Darker than Black

Hell he handled the screenwriting for the mindfuck that was the ending of Darker than Black S2.
Old 2012-03-19, 00:40   Link #1024
ReddyRedWolf

I finally understand the different views of the precursor culture.

The Vox is Earth's defense system meant to defend it. The ancestor of the Polyhedron did not colonize their worlds after a disaster. Their worlds were already colonized to begin with.

Their ancestors were stupid enough to try conquer Earth and got their butts handed to them by the Voxes.

Survivors accounts and propaganda became superstition. That is why for 20,000 years Earth was left alone.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:19   Link #1025
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I finally understand the different views of the precursor culture.

The Vox is Earth's defense system meant to defend it. The ancestor of the Polyhedron did not colonize their worlds after a disaster. Their worlds were already colonized to begin with.

Their ancestors were stupid enough to try conquer Earth and got their butts handed to them by the Voxes.

Survivors accounts and propaganda became superstition. That is why for 20,000 years Earth was left alone.
Wait hold up where did all this come from? And if it's true it's the greatest twist ever!
Old 2012-03-19, 01:34   Link #1026
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Wait hold up where did all this come from? And if it's true it's the greatest twist ever!
My theory come from Youko's archeological findings. The people of Earth did not demonize the Voxes.

Only the colonists had that superstition.

Plus do you really think a proper evacuation and colonization (barring Macross' Global foresight) would have been done if Apocalypse suddenly happened?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:45   Link #1027
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

What's more interesting is the very oblique reference to the stationary solution of Lagrangian points, that is, Yoko's explanation about "three" being historically the most "stable" prime in numerology. One shall fall, two will divide, but three unites. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Creator (Brahma), the Preserver (Vishnu) and the Destroyer (Shiva). The Beginning, the Middle and the End.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:25   Link #1028
ookamigirl

Pretty action filled episode.
It was intense watching all those enemy attacks.
Guess as it's coming to an end it becoming more interesting.
Wonder if Madoka went berserk...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:01   Link #1029
leokiko

HAHA. Take that MADOKA! That's what this anime has been needing. Seriousness. You are fighting to protect something, causalties are an common thing. Now iron your heart, and kill those bastards.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:56   Link #1030
chaos_animagic

LOL...

Madoka's so weak at end of episode 11...

Spoiler for .:
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:10   Link #1031
Random Wanderer

No, that's a pretty normal reaction to seeing someone you care that deeply about badly hurt or killed. It only becomes notable because of the effect it had on the voces.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:12   Link #1032
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And we also can't forget that Yoko isn't "just" Madoka's relative, but the very inspiration for who she turned out to be today.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:47   Link #1033
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm not sure Gen would need to kidnap the original writer,that guy's only other major screenwriting credit is the second half of Darker than Black

Hell he handled the screenwriting for the mindfuck that was the ending of Darker than Black S2.
And suddenly my eyes sparkle with a sadistic glee of what might come out of this show in the future. (yes, I'm one of those weird folks that actually enjoyed DtB season 2 )
Old 2012-03-19, 17:16   Link #1034
Forsaken_Infinity

Boring...
Really really boring.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:19   Link #1035
inisipis

Methinks that the Madoka's flower aura neutralizes all weapons in vicinity. Not sure how it'll effect her cousin though, she might still end up dead. I'm not surprise if she does, judging from past shows they made.

Spoiler for A question:
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:35   Link #1036
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Fun ep, great action too. When Mugimugi and Lan had the plan to split up, I really thought that was going to work, but whoa I and them got served Oh, and I do enjoy seeing orbital bombardment from space fleets, I've always questioned big ships not using all their firepower planetside

I don't think I noticed this before, but I like the idea of Lan being the gunner, Madoka being the swordfighter, and Mugimugi being the combination of the two. Three's a team I guess

Not much to say though... last week I was expecting some nice action, and I got it. Although at the end of the ep, I wasn't really expecting that. I mean the part where the city was targeted, then I thought it really was obliterated, and then the 3 dudes showed up

I really thought the city really went up in flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Really? I immediately got the Fujibayashi Kyou vibe when I first saw her eyes, lol.
Okay, I gotta confess: I've been paying too much attention to Lan's butt Seriously, I never really paid much attention to her other features, there were times where I look at Lan and say "Is that flower growing out of her head or is that a hair accessory..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post

Mami as Muginami.
Can I be the first to call her..... "Mugimami"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Today's eyecatch (especially for the benefit of Mangatron):
Spoiler for Episode 11 Eyecatch:

Bringing back the previous sig. MARU!
Thank you so much! After such a cliffhangerish ending to ep 11, I thought "oh man, gotta wait another week.... better check the forum for that endcard"

And love that Mugimugi salute. Ahaha her big ones look so nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
My theory come from Youko's archeological findings. The people of Earth did not demonize the Voxes.

Only the colonists had that superstition.

Plus do you really think a proper evacuation and colonization (barring Macross' Global foresight) would have been done if Apocalypse suddenly happened?
Nice theory, it got me thinking like this too. There was a guy called Maximillian who said that the victors [of a battle] write the history, and that could be a similar case here where the, er, spacenoids side of history was more preserved than Earth's history, seeing the state of those tablets. So in a way that part of the legend took precedence over the tablets side of the story. Interesting stuff I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And we also can't forget that Yoko isn't "just" Madoka's relative, but the very inspiration for who she turned out to be today.
I think the key thing there was that Yoko got hurt protecting someone.

To Madoka, someone dying because they tried to save another is a very traumatic experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
Methinks that the Madoka's flower aura neutralizes all weapons in vicinity. Not sure how it'll effect her cousin though, she might still end up dead. I'm not surprise if she does, judging from past shows they made.

Spoiler for A question:
Hm. It'd be too much of a stretch to say it was Yoko, but I think there was talk earlier in the thread about Madoka's mom. There is still that drowning event when Midori met Madoka, surely that thing didn't move on it's own.... or did it
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:44   Link #1037
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, it's tricky to look elsewhere with that outfit...lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 21:36   Link #1038
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh, and I do enjoy seeing orbital bombardment from space fleets, I've always questioned big ships not using all their firepower planetside
Yea you never see enough spaceships bringing the rain in anime do ya?
Was nice to see that type of ordnance being used despite the fact that thousands could have died

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I really thought the city really went up in flames
Same here, really did think it went kaboom, while I expected the 3 guys to show up and help out I did not expect them to make that type of entrance.
Gotta hand it to them they have a "hero's timely arrival" down pretty damn well

Was a great ep, plenty of awesome mecha action!
Did not expect that ending tho, the wait for next ep is gonna be a long and difficult one cause I really, really, really want to know what happens!!!
Can't tell if we'll see something stopping Madoka before going "Kira Yamato" on KISS or at least for abit before being stopped somehow.
Think someone might not feel so safe in their big battle ship....at least I hope thats what might happens

This is confirmed for 2 cour yea?
So maybe not see too much death going on atm and not sure we'll see Yoko die, Madoka's already lost her mum, doubt we'll see her losing her sister as well.

Still loving this series, still top anime this season for me!
Old 2012-03-19, 21:51   Link #1039
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This is confirmed for 2 cour yea?
Technically, but the second half isn't going to air for a few months. So if things aren't left on a satisfactory note in the next episode, we're going to be stuck waiting for a while for the next part to come along and fix it all.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:18   Link #1040
Midonin
Last Engage

There's an extended version of "TRY UNITE!" on Megumi Nakajima's latest album. Most of the additions are instrumental, and the melody seems a bit remixed. As worth a listen as the original song, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri