AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-07, 03:13   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 724 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoilers are out a bit earlier this time around! Once again, we have Redon from AP to thank for providing the goods:

Quote:
- Sanji vs. Doflamingo.
- Law saves Sanji when Doflamingo is about to finish him.
- Law confirms that Doflamingo has eaten Ito Ito no Mi (イトイトの実). Doflamingo can move in the sky through clouds.
- Caesar's heart is in Law's body and Law's heart in the ship. Law gives it back to Caesar.
- Law asks Nami to leave for next island with Caesar as soon as possible or don't hand over Caesar to Doflamingo if they want to stay in Dressrosa.
- In the end Law kidnaps Jora to face Dolfamingo alone on the Iron Bridge.
- Law organizes his plan for revenge for what has Doflamingo done 13 years ago.

And just to clarify: YES, "ITO" DOES INDEED REFER TO STRING. SO IT'S FINALLY BEEN CONFIRMED.

And since we've got THAT out of the way..... damn son, Sanji really CAN'T catch a break, can he? But still, I don't really find the results surprising considering who he was up against. But personally I kinda gotta wonder why Law would give Caesar's heart back to the owner himself rather than Nami since that would be a nice trump card to use against him in case he somehow frees himself from those sea stone cuffs...... oh well. And I'm pretty sure that Law is just about as screwed as Sanji, but that 13 years comment sounds pretty interesting. Seems like he has a pretty deep past with Doflamingo.....

Oh, and there won't be a splash page story this week since we'll have color pages instead. Just wanted to throw that out there, too.
Old 2013-10-07, 04:15   Link #2
JonSnow

Poor Sanji he never stood a chance. He did have a nice entrance though.

The cloud thing reminds me of Momonosuke. Doflamingo can connect his strings in the clouds to sky walk and Momonosuke can walk on clouds.
Old 2013-10-07, 07:22   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Poor Sanji he never stood a chance. He did have a nice entrance though.

The cloud thing reminds me of Momonosuke. Doflamingo can connect his strings in the clouds to sky walk and Momonosuke can walk on clouds.
maybe dofla uses his string like spider-man's webbing and just swing from the clouds?
Old 2013-10-07, 09:09   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So Sanji lost. Not surprising in the least. But I still want to see how well he fared against the sinister birdman. And it's nice to finally get confirmation on Doflamingo having a string DF. Law giving Ceasar his heart back is strange (surely there must be some reason or logic behind that). And it looks like we're soon going to find out about Law's past. Should be very interesting.
Old 2013-10-07, 09:27   Link #5
noktown

Disappointed a little bit,I guess I was expecting too much out of the 2 years training.

I did expect him to loose,but didn't think it would come to the point where Sanji has to be saved.
Old 2013-10-07, 09:39   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ And this also pretty much confirms that Luffy can't beat Doflamingo by himself either (he's comparable to Law and Sanji, after all). It looks like it's going to take a collaborative effort to defeat Doflamingo. The monster trio are not even in the lower end of the top-tier bracket (and that's what Doflamingo is: a low top-tier fighter).
Old 2013-10-07, 10:10   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ And this also pretty much confirms that Luffy can't beat Doflamingo by himself either (he's comparable to Law and Sanji, after all). It looks like it's going to take a collaborative effort to defeat Doflamingo. The monster trio are not even in the lower end of the top-tier bracket (and that's what Doflamingo is: a low top-tier fighter).
i would think luffy is stronger than law and sanji
Old 2013-10-07, 10:15   Link #8
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i would think luffy is stronger than law and sanji
I said Luffy is comparable to Law and Sanji, meaning that even if he is stronger than them (well, he's definitely stronger than Sanji) it's not by much.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:17   Link #9
imza

Quote:
I said Luffy is comparable to Law and Sanji, meaning that even if he is stronger than them (well, he's definitely stronger than Sanji) it's not by much.
I'm not so sure about Luffy not being able to take Dofla even though I would prefer it was team work because Luffy taking down the main villain one on one is getting old. However, I would guess that Luffy will beat Dofla after much struggle like he did against Crocodile, really pushing him beyond his limits and high dose of dumb luck.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:35   Link #10
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I'm not so sure about Luffy not being able to take Dofla even though I would prefer it was team work because Luffy taking down the main villain one on one is getting old. However, I would guess that Luffy will beat Dofla after much struggle like he did against Crocodile, really pushing him beyond his limits and high dose of dumb luck.
I'd rather have Law defeat Doflamingo since he has a personal grudge against him, besides he's confident enough to stay behind and face him again.

Now, Luffy vs. Burgess would be a good one and since Diamante looks like a long legged tribe guy, he's perfect for Sanji.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:49   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
No more of the in-bold. As I said before, it's time for the strawhats to prove themselves legitimately. There's nothing wrong with having a team effort take down Doflamingo (the strawhats continue to get stronger at a quick rate anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
since Diamante looks like a long legged tribe guy, he's perfect for Sanji.
I'm still adamant in Sanji's true opponent being Trebol. After what he's put Violet through in the past, Sanji won't forgive him.
Old 2013-10-07, 16:40   Link #12
marvelB

Uh oh.... looks like the power level debates are already a-brewing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But why not learn the moon walk technique from the Rokushiki, then he could move freely in the open sky, just like Sanji.

My guess is that Dofla's method of "flying" uses much less energy than Geppou/Skywalk. I mean, he's basically swinging through the air Spider-Man style while the other technique is more or less constantly jumping in the air. Also, it hasn't exactly been said that Dofla was INCAPABLE of using the sky jumping technique.....

Speaking of Dofla though, I find it rather interesting that Law took Jora hostage just so he can take him on solo. So I guess this is yet another example of showing that Dofla actually cares for his crew. I mean, the only other villain I can think of who showed such a level of consideration for his subordinates is Arlong, and we all know what kind of scum THAT guy was. Makes me curious to see just how pissed Dofla will get when his top officers eventually get taken down.....
Old 2013-10-07, 17:29   Link #13
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
It's alittle weird... I figured Sanji's Observation Haki would actually help him fight Doflamingo and his strings... guess not.
Old 2013-10-07, 21:00   Link #14
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i feel like sanji is being made out to be weaker and weaker as the crew goes deeper into the new world... first broken leg fighting vergo and now beat up by dofla

but I guess you could have seen this coming as oda always made zoro the more badass character next to luffy
Old 2013-10-07, 22:12   Link #15
danielevo

After 2 years training, Oda doesn't change the storyline of One Piece, the Big boss of the chapter always beat luffy crew, and in the end luffy always win against that big boss..

But, Im a bit dissapointed about sanji lost to doflamingo, what the meaning of two years training after all ?? I know that sanji will lost, but not lost 100 % like that
Old 2013-10-08, 00:20   Link #16
JonSnow

Quote:
No more of the in-bold. As I said before, it's time for the strawhats to prove themselves legitimately. There's nothing wrong with having a team effort take down Doflamingo (the strawhats continue to get stronger at a quick rate anyways).

I'm still adamant in Sanji's true opponent being Trebol. After what he's put Violet through in the past, Sanji won't forgive him.
If i'm not mistaken, that Trebol guy is a living mucus or phlegm. The things Sanji has to go through for a girl.
Old 2013-10-08, 02:03   Link #17
marvelB

So the raw is out and Aohige posted a summary of the chapter over at AP. Sorry Sanji fans, but the chef wasn't even able to land a clean hit on Dofla AT ALL. But at the very least, Dofla DOES still praise his strength. And really, it's not surprising that he didn't fare so well considering that Dofla's attacks are literally powerful enough to slice buildings in half.

And to make things worse, right after Law saves Sanji, Fujitora joins in on the fun and is about to squash the Sunny with meteors as a battleship fires cannons toward it (talk about overkill, lol ). However, Law was able to deflect the meteors with his power (interestingly enough, Fuji himself was chilling out eating noodles that whole time! I'm loving this guy more and more!) Oddly enough, the admiral decides to give up on capturing that half of the alliance and decides to go back to Dressrosa.....

As far as Law taking on Dofla solo goes, Sanji points out that the former warlord seems more obsessed with taking down Dofla than focusing on the plan to topple Kaidou. Law pretty much confirms that himself when he tells Dofla that he's willing to go down with him due to the 13-year grudge.....

Oh, and last but not least: It seems it's been confirmed that Nami's group will take Caesar to Zou! At first she refused since she didn't want to leave behind Luffy, but she changed her mind real quick after Fujitora's assault, heh. Sanji's also along for the ride, so this could be interesting, I suppose.....
Old 2013-10-08, 03:18   Link #18
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Disappointed a little bit,I guess I was expecting too much out of the 2 years training.

I did expect him to loose,but didn't think it would come to the point where Sanji has to be saved.
Sanji is the Cook of the Strawhats. This was obvious. They were going to the real new world. I love Sanji as a character and i think it is epic, but to me personally never made sense for Sanji ( a COOK) who doesn't train as much as Zoro to stay as powerful as he has been.

I have said this before Sanji's goal in the story is to find that sea with tons of fishies . Luffy's goal is to become pirate king ( defeat all yonkos) and Zoro wants to be the "Strongest swordman". It wouldn't make sense for Sanji to be as strong these 2 ( plot wise). Some people in this forum ( not directed at you but general) don't see that no matter how many times i try to tell them.

Quote:
This definitely doesn't confirm that at all. Oda hasn't been super consistent with match ups from the beginning. And anime is even worse in that regards ( I.E. They made it look like he had a hell of tough time against Hordy when he didn't).

You can stay in your delusions about Luffy being comparable to sanji ( see i didn't include Law here). For all we know Law could defeat Doflamingo.

We don't Law's plan at the moment. Law is just buying time for his plan. In a 1v1 scenario ( not a 1v2/ Admiral helping Doffy), if Law really planned to defeat doflamingo in an all in fight ( giving it all) he could very well defeat Doffy in future fights.

As for Luffy, more than likely he hasn't used his to be seen in future Trump card. He could have learned a new power up that had it's own risks ( only to be used against Yonko power up kinda power). Also he might get new power ups in the new world as well. Luffy could defeat Doflamingo 1v1. Unless doflamingo is a Yonko level pirate that is central to the main plot ( not arc plot) is going to go down vs Luffy in a 1v1 battle.

Lastly, More than Likely Zoro could (possibly) go 1v1 vs Doflamingo.

If i had to go in terms of power, i would Luffy is the strongest, then it's Zoro, third Law, close fourth our dear fishmen and then Franky/Sanji would be roughly similar in strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So the raw is out and Aohige posted a summary of the chapter over at AP. Sorry Sanji fans, but the chef wasn't even able to land a clean hit on Dofla AT ALL. But at the very least, Dofla DOES still praise his strength. And really, it's not surprising that he didn't fare so well considering that Dofla's attacks are literally powerful enough to slice buildings in half.

And to make things worse, right after Law saves Sanji, Fujitora joins in on the fun and is about to squash the Sunny with meteors as a battleship fires cannons toward it (talk about overkill, lol ). However, Law was able to deflect the meteors with his power (interestingly enough, Fuji himself was chilling out eating noodles that whole time! I'm loving this guy more and more!) Oddly enough, the admiral decides to give up on capturing that half of the alliance and decides to go back to Dressrosa.....

As far as Law taking on Dofla solo goes, Sanji points out that the former warlord seems more obsessed with taking down Dofla than focusing on the plan to topple Kaidou. Law pretty much confirms that himself when he tells Dofla that he's willing to go down with him due to the 13-year grudge.....

Oh, and last but not least: It seems it's been confirmed that Nami's group will take Caesar to Zou! At first she refused since she didn't want to leave behind Luffy, but she changed her mind real quick after Fujitora's assault, heh. Sanji's also along for the ride, so this could be interesting, I suppose.....
Though we disagree sometime on different things, i love your posts .
Old 2013-10-08, 03:31   Link #19
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Losing to Dolfie is no biggie but Sanji really needs to do something of worth soon else he runs the risk of being alienated from the top 3 down to possibly Franky's level (in terms of actual importance/ability anyway). I did feel he drew the short end of the straw with his training compared to Luffy and Zoro but perhaps he's saving his greatest abilities as a trump card only in the most desperate situations. Something like Roc Lee's 8 gates which severely damages his body hence why he couldn't really measure up to a big guy post time skip. Otherwise I do see him struggling to remain a force for the remainder of the straw hats venture through the New World.
Old 2013-10-08, 03:35   Link #20
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So... after reading the chapter... despite Doflamingo's "theme" being Flamingo... he's getting alot more "Spider" with his powers lately...