AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-20, 08:11   Link #6521
Methias

erm excuse me, but i would want to ask, what is the average release time between 2 volumes? 3 months? 5? or so ><
Old 2010-11-20, 08:21   Link #6522
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

All dependent on the author. At this rate, it may be once every 4 months. In other words, it's fast. (At least we ain't waiting for 3 years and going to 4 now.)
Old 2010-11-20, 08:27   Link #6523
tsunade666

people asking for the release probably feel the waiting as a kill. With no news about vol 23. I can understand it. Be it a SS 3 or anything. News about what's the next book is about is really important now.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:17   Link #6524
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey, can I put this topic up again?
I just realized that Sasha's name is completely MALE, with the Sasha (same name as the protag in Seikon no Quasar) and Kreuzhev (which does not have the -a denotation for a female name).
Another snippet of info that can support my assumption that Sasha is male is that Vasilisa is a shotacon and that she's fallen to the charm of the Archbishop of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Am I not the only one thinking about this? o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:22   Link #6525
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, the one person I know that has the name 'Sasha' plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, so I can't really give much insight into this. But if you want to change it, it's not too late, since we're not starting with Angel Fall's translation anytime soon.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:27   Link #6526
Miraluka
Banned

It would be a crack in the fans sanity if Sasha ends being a male, but because this is Touma's story Sasha MUST be a female.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:29   Link #6527
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You mean Sasha Vujacic?

Well, that's just my insight too, and there's nothing bad with waiting until the Angel Fall Arc is fully translated.

But really, with those thoughts of Sasha as a shota, it would make sense that Vasilisa is very interested with him. It would also make his gender as Hideyoshi as well.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:30   Link #6528
tsunade666

what to change? gender of sasha? but she's a girl. And that's her name and the surname is hard to remember. Can I have a link of index main site. Because I believe the one they use for romanization on sasha's surname is much better because it's a real russian girl name.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:33   Link #6529
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It would be a crack in the fans sanity if Sasha ends being a male, but because this is Touma's story Sasha MUST be a female.
The fans' sanity have already cracked in the first volume of Baka Test (question 2 too). If Sasha is really a male, I'll remember the event in volume 21, and shudder.

@Marcus H, ya, that's right. He's Slovenian though.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:36   Link #6530
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
The fans' sanity have already cracked in the first volume of Baka Test (question 2 too). If Sasha is really a male, I'll remember the event in volume 21, and shudder.
Take in consideration the Russian Archbishop is described to be beautiful and have more curves than Vasilisa.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:38   Link #6531
tsunade666

okay buzz OFF PEOPLE! you're going crazy thanks to lots of awesome genderbender fanfic of outerself.

SASHA IS A GIRL!!!!!

I'm out of here before I got consumed.
Old 2010-11-20, 09:54   Link #6532
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Hey, I haven't even read any fanfiction yet, apart from that Touhou 'test Youmu's speed' doujin. All I need is just to work on Baka Test translations for just 2 months, and I get ideas like this. Tested everyone in my Army camp by showing them a picture of Hideyoshi in Volume 2 (about 315). All of them guessed that he's a girl...
Old 2010-11-20, 10:27   Link #6533
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

From the Stiyl SS:
That explains the feeling I had in ch 4-5 that Bardway seems to be a manipulative bitch, stand above people!? The whole group's objective is quite something.

My reason why I REALLY hate villains turned protagonists in TAMNI:

I somehow can't differentiate villains from heroes in this series with the exception of Touma, Mikoto and Index. Their morality is really grey. I bet most of the heroes are much more screwed up than the grunts. Poor hound dogs and hundreds of mage underlings in this series that get slaughtered like pigs! Characters that are interesting always get to redeem themselves, but disposable minions like them always die horribly. They only follow the orders just like the others.

I have no sympathy for Kiharas, Kakine and some stupid mages from SS though, most of them are beyond redemption, or probably a need for psychiartist.

F**k! Life is unfair!
Old 2010-11-20, 11:08   Link #6534
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hey, can I put this topic up again?
I just realized that Sasha's name is completely MALE, with the Sasha (same name as the protag in Seikon no Quasar) and Kreuzhev (which does not have the -a denotation for a female name).
Another snippet of info that can support my assumption that Sasha is male is that Vasilisa is a shotacon and that she's fallen to the charm of the Archbishop of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Am I not the only one thinking about this? o.o
No......Sasha is indeed a male name...

Quote:
I somehow can't differentiate villains from heroes in this series with the exception of Touma, Mikoto and Index. Their morality is really grey. I bet most of the heroes are much more screwed up than the grunts. Poor hound dogs and hundreds of mage underlings in this series that get slaughtered like pigs! Characters that are interesting always get to redeem themselves, but disposable minions like them always die horribly. They only follow the orders just like the others.

I have no sympathy for Kiharas, Kakine and some stupid mages from SS though, most of them are beyond redemption, or probably a need for psychiartist.

F**k! Life is unfair!
If you have such a severe reaction to Indexverse villians then I don't know how you'll react to the plenty far more worse ones out there....granted Amata Kihara and Kakine are pretty much shit but the rest aren't all that bad when you get down to the core of it. Excluding Aiwass of course....no one knows just where Aiwass really stands...
Old 2010-11-20, 11:45   Link #6535
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, at this point, Aiwass is Ryuk.

Only 80% done of Vol 1 Chp 1 after 1 WHOLE MONTH. I'm bringing the term 'slow' to a whole new level.

Ah never mind, it's 94kb now...
Old 2010-11-20, 14:25   Link #6536
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Umm heres a question.

Is it possible toumas 3rd power is an esper power?

We so far came to this. His powers are.

1) IB
2)some super being that we call "lucy"
3) strong power that stopped lucy
Now the 3rd one can just be IB to the max but i remember reading in a forum that heaven canceller said that touma actually had an advanced brain and remarkable recovery skills.
The possibility could be that touma was a powerful gemstone but IB(since its stuck on him) can be constantly holding that power like it is to #2. This is just a guess.
Old 2010-11-20, 16:00   Link #6537
pikachuwei

Vol 21 chapter 8 part 7 20%

part 7 so long, i though it might break it up into smaller bits to work on
Old 2010-11-20, 17:42   Link #6538
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

If you have such a severe reaction to Indexverse villians then I don't know how you'll react to the plenty far more worse ones out there....granted Amata Kihara and Kakine are pretty much shit but the rest aren't all that bad when you get down to the core of it. Excluding Aiwass of course....no one knows just where Aiwass really stands...
Well, considering that the grunts die like shit but the spotlight members usually got much better treatment and chance to redeem themselves. It's so unfair. U know, the unimportant characters that are disposable in our eyes. I feel bad for them being in this series. The villain's underlings aren't all that bad either. U see, the author sometimes don't even describe how they got pwned.
Old 2010-11-20, 20:00   Link #6539
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
It is light hearted. These books are all about redemption on Accel's side, and Shiage side is all about protecting those closest to him out of love. Just take a look at Vol 22 excerpts- One of the darkest novels they've got out there.
Spoiler for Chapter 12:

And then, just to prove the world isn't that dark:

Spoiler for Touma's speech:

If you take a look at every novel, it will begin with a funny scene generally, and then end with one. Volume 22 and 21 (I think, not having read it) don't have as happy endings- but if you notice, no one important other then Touma dies. We got a bunch of mooks, yes, but innocent people don't really die.

The towns were flooded, but people evacuated the towns, etc.

It might just be me thinking this, but this series is at its heart a light shounen series.
I think I can honestly say there were casualties when Fianma summons his golden arms to Telesma purge the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, considering that the grunts die like shit but the spotlight members usually got much better treatment and chance to redeem themselves. It's so unfair. U know, the unimportant characters that are disposable in our eyes. I feel bad for them being in this series. The villain's underlings aren't all that bad either. U see, the author sometimes don't even describe how they got pwned.
Can't deny that there....sucks to be a hound dog or one of the underground involved in Academy's Darkness...but the thing is that the one doing most of the grunt killing is Accelerator. The other characters aren't that bad....Carissa and Fianma both start major wars which obviously cause plenty of lives but the other villians haven't actually done any slaughtering for fun kind of stunts

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-11-20 at 20:11.
Old 2010-11-20, 21:44   Link #6540
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You include lessar in the hunt but not itsuwa? unbelievable.

That priestess wouldn't accept such defeat from their supreme pontiff.
Well, I was guessing Itsuwa would be too broken-hearted by her absolute defeat... or maybe respect Touma's decision enough to not go near him. Besides, if Touma and Kaori becomes an official couple Itsuwa has no chance of taking them apart. I included Lessar and Mikoto mainly for lulz and that they have a reason to go after Touma (or in Mikoto's case, Kaori) for a fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Take in consideration the Russian Archbishop is described to be beautiful and have more curves than Vasilisa.
Oh yes, I translated that part (Vol22 Ch11 pt3) myself... the implication of that just never hit me for some reason >.>

Though seriously, Sasha isn't a girl's name? I thought as a general rule names end in 'a' are girls names, like 'Eva' or 'Anna'.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen