Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-30, 12:15   Link #141
ryllharu

Eps. 05

----

Very interesting.

It's neat that they gave Chisato a pulseless artificial heart (they're real things!), and I can only guess that she was shot through the chest during the tower incident.

Alan Institute dirtbag Mr. Shinji is a real monster. He had his assistant (same earrings from episode 1) hire an assassin, kidnap a man and use him as a toy in order to tempt Chisato into murdering someone. He desperately intends for her to be the world's greatest assassin. But she took the exact opposite lesson from them saving her.

I was a bit surprised that Silent Jin ended up being a fairly ethical assassin. He didn't kill Mizuki when he easily could have, and was generally aiming for Takina's legs as well. Mika and Jin had a remarkably pleasant discussion considering he had just attempted to kill Mika's proteges.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 13:03   Link #142
Marina2

Ep.5

This show seems love to drop big plot detail in the middle of casual dialogue.

So.......Chisato has an artificial heart in her body. Considering she said her reason for no-kill policy was "I don't feel good talking someone time from them" back in ep.4, I am sure it's a hint that Chisato won't be able to live past a certain age with that artificial heart. OH. NO. Now, I wonder when did she get that heart? Was it before she become Lycoris?? or after the tower incident??

Look like Shinji goal is really to manipulate Chisato to kill someone. To that end, he hired the green hair guy to cause a big incident for Chisato to show off her skill.
Old 2022-07-30, 13:21   Link #143
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 5

Last week I was wondering what could the Allan Institute offer Chisato. She had the full backing and care of a secret, well funded government operation, after all. Food, clothing, education, training. Everything except love, presumably, because of the Allan Institute's no contact rule. I was a little afraid her support would be a minor plot hole. Nope. Saving her life with technology unavailable to even DA is a solid reason for her to feel indebted. Also, her not recognizing Shinji might now be explained as her being in trauma due to her heart failure (or wound) or due to her meeting him only just after waking up from heart replacement surgery.

The woman who paid the assassin was also posing as the nurse at the drug addict's hospital... and is Shinji's (the Allan Institute guy) driver / assistant. Same earrings.

Now, about this heart. Is it standalone or is it networked in any way? Can it be degraded or switched off remotely? The Allan Institute guy is figuratively fighting for Chisato's heart... but could all this turn into a literal fight for it, as well?

Our two police buddies are slowly learning the truth. It'll be interesting to see what role they eventually play.

Finally, the final scene was cute. Good episode. Nice personal details for Chisato. Can't wait for more.

Last edited by Ragashingo; 2022-07-30 at 13:42.
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 13:24   Link #144
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.5

"I don't feel good talking someone time from them"
"There are only a set number of times one can eat in one's lifetime. Every meal should be delicious, fun, and happy!"

Chisato knows. She straight up knows she doesn't have long to live and is taking the optimist view in everything she does! Dang, that's a very nice plot point they've been mixing in all along.
Old 2022-07-30, 13:36   Link #145
grecefar

This was a really great chapter, so much happen and was revealed.

Chisato and Takina are becoming the #1 ship of the season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 14:37   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A lot does seem to add up to Chisato having limited time. Although I feel like that psycho Shinji would be doing everything possible to extend her lifespan so he can be a valuable tool for as long as possible. Although I suppose limits are still limits.

Man this could be a pretty sad ending for Takina. Could really be leaning into the "taking Chisato's place and guiding someone much like herself after Chisato is gone" angle to this. But seeing if things play out in a happier way or if the sad ending can be satisfying is still a good motivation to keep glued to the screen.

That guy is a piece of work though. Grabbed some poor guy from the hospital, used his body like a puppet, and all for the purpose of trying to make Chisato kill for him. He's not wrong that Chisato could be an unbelievable killer if she had the mindset for it. Her skills are incredible and few could seriously stand against her. And maybe whatever happened at that tower convinced him of it so strongly that he took the measures of straight up giving her an artificial heart to keep her alive. But in the end that's not what she wants.

Tension is building up too with the Lycoris hunts. That organization is looking flimsier all the time. Just feeding their members to this green-haired lunatic. She didn't appear to have any support or backup. And the end result was being brutally run over and then filled with bullets. Ouch...
Old 2022-07-30, 15:00   Link #147
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.5

This show seems love to drop big plot detail in the middle of casual dialogue.

So.......Chisato has an artificial heart in her body. Considering she said her reason for no-kill policy was "I don't feel good talking someone time from them" back in ep.4, I am sure it's a hint that Chisato won't be able to live past a certain age with that artificial heart. OH. NO. Now, I wonder when did she get that heart? Was it before she become Lycoris?? or after the tower incident??

Look like Shinji goal is really to manipulate Chisato to kill someone. To that end, he hired the green hair guy to cause a big incident for Chisato to show off her skill.
It could also mean she had limited time, but receiving artificial hearth solved it.
Old 2022-07-30, 15:25   Link #148
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
all for the purpose of trying to make Chisato kill for him.
I don't think he wants her to kill for him. To me the Allan institute seems like some sort of cult that idolize talented people and are obsessed with nurturing and delivering them to the world. I don't think Chisato is any different than all the other geniuses they have dealt with. She's a genius at killing, and so they want her to use that talent. Shiji said so himself: "geniuses must be delivered to the world, even someone who is a genius at killing." That's the whole point.

A genius at killing who doesn't use her talent to kill is wasting her talent. That's probably how the Allan institute and Shinji in particular sees it.

Anyway, I'm glad the show is showing its card right now. There are plenty of shows that beat around the bush and forget about the plot until the the last two episodes, which always results in a rushed mess. So even if this isn't the most original plot there is, at least it's a plot, and we still have plenty of episodes to develop and resolve it properly. So that's good.

Right now I only have one question. What's Takina's role in all this?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-07-30 at 15:36.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 15:58   Link #149
ryllharu

Quote:
Her skills are incredible and few could seriously stand against her. And maybe whatever happened at that tower convinced him of it so strongly that he took the measures of straight up giving her an artificial heart to keep her alive. But in the end that's not what she wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
To me the Allan institute seems like some sort of cult that idolize talented people and are obsessed with nurturing and delivering them to the world. I don't think Chisato is any different than all the other geniuses they have dealt with. She's a genius at killing, and so they want her to use that talent. Shiji said so himself: "geniuses must be delivered to the world, even someone who is a genius at killing." That's the whole point.

A genius at killing who doesn't use her talent to kill is wasting her talent. That's probably how the Allan institute and Shinji in particular sees it.
They've been working the setup very fluidly across multiple episodes that Shinji (a sociopath for sure) witnessed Chisato doing her thing with amazing efficiency, and he gained his obsession with her being the world's greatest killer. His cultish belief is that he must return her to that state.

But all the while, Chisato has never been that person that he thinks is her "true form." She told Takina that even before the radio tower, she asked Mika to make her non-lethal rounds.

Shinji has always been wrong about her.

I really love the way the series composition is set up. All the details get teased out naturally in dialogue without ever feeling like exposition, even for a second.
Old 2022-07-30, 16:12   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Shinji has always been wrong about her.
He's not wrong. He doesn't care what kind of person she is. He, and the Allan institute as a whole, only cares about talent. So it doesn't matter whether Chisato wants to kill or not. The fact is she has a talent for killing, and that's reason enough for Shinji to try deliver that talent to the world.
Old 2022-07-30, 16:56   Link #151
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Eps. 05

----

Very interesting.

It's neat that they gave Chisato a pulseless artificial heart (they're real things!), and I can only guess that she was shot through the chest during the tower incident.

Alan Institute dirtbag Mr. Shinji is a real monster. He had his assistant (same earrings from episode 1) hire an assassin, kidnap a man and use him as a toy in order to tempt Chisato into murdering someone. He desperately intends for her to be the world's greatest assassin. But she took the exact opposite lesson from them saving her.

I was a bit surprised that Silent Jin ended up being a fairly ethical assassin. He didn't kill Mizuki when he easily could have, and was generally aiming for Takina's legs as well. Mika and Jin had a remarkably pleasant discussion considering he had just attempted to kill Mika's proteges.
Mika was able to have a good talk to Jin due them being colleges for some time and him noticing the same as you did with the not killing not involved people in his jobs. Plus the whole talk about Jin having killed that puppet's fake family when he was working with Mika was a big obvious hint that something was in the bush about his whole assassination.

Wonder if this was the last time we saw Jin. Doubt he would like to know that he was intended to be a sacrifice for Chisato's talent to fully bloom.

Green hairdo goes on a Lycoris killing mission. Sooner or later DA gotta find a way to deal with him or else they got no girls left to throw at him.

I bet the young cop gonna try to spread word about the terror acts and gonna get killed or something. Like no way the government/DA will allow the public to know that there are terrorists with a 1000 weapons among them. That would destroy the whole illusion of safety and order they build up so painstakingly on the blood and sweat of all those girls.
In other words, he will totally succeed in that, breaking the Illusion I mean, before the series gonna end. I worry it will end with Chisato's death, due the many talks about limited time but I hope not. :c
Old 2022-07-30, 18:23   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show certainly didn't waste any time telling us what it was Chisato received from the Alan Institute. Coming to the conclusion she's going to die because she has an artificial heart might be jumping the gun. This isn't our world, technology is more advanced even if not by much so there's telling how long her heart can work. I definitely think Shinji planted a switch enabling him to kill her at any time though.

Shinji is willing to go to great length to get her to kill. No doubt one of his future plans will end up involving Takina.

Mika said he had never heard "Silent Jin"'s voice hence his moniker yet the first thing he does after being captured is spill everything about his client.

The yuri is getting stronger, though it may be one-sided right now (from Takina to Chisato).
Old 2022-07-30, 18:53   Link #153
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The show certainly didn't waste any time telling us what it was Chisato received from the Alan Institute. Coming to the conclusion she's going to die because she has an artificial heart might be jumping the gun. This isn't our world, technology is more advanced even if not by much so there's telling how long her heart can work. I definitely think Shinji planted a switch enabling him to kill her at any time though.

Shinji is willing to go to great length to get her to kill. No doubt one of his future plans will end up involving Takina.

Mika said he had never heard "Silent Jin"'s voice hence his moniker yet the first thing he does after being captured is spill everything about his client.

The yuri is getting stronger, though it may be one-sided right now (from Takina to Chisato).
I suppose it has been 15 years since Mika and Jin saw each other. That's definitely long enough to change his policy of talking with old acquaintances. Plus I suppose once he pieced together that he was being used then maintaining silence was definitely secondary to helping mess with whoever set him up.

Not sure if Chisato is romantically interested in Takina. But she definitely cares quite a bit about her. That attack on Jin had a look of being full of desire for payback. Which just happened to come after Takina took a shot to the leg. But yeah, if nothing else things are building up nicely between these two. And Takina's directness is good at shaking Chisato up if nothing else .

Maybe Shinji will drag Takina into a plot purely out of jealousy over Takina getting so much of Chisato's attention . But it does seem likely that she'll be used to try and create a situation where Chisato will be forced to kill.

I think they at least want us thinking that Chisato could die before this is over. Hopefully it's just creating that possibility and not actually following through on it.
Old 2022-07-30, 19:45   Link #154
bakato

Quote:
A lot does seem to add up to Chisato having limited time. Although I feel like that psycho Shinji would be doing everything possible to extend her lifespan so he can be a valuable tool for as long as possible. Although I suppose limits are still limits.

Man this could be a pretty sad ending for Takina. Could really be leaning into the "taking Chisato's place and guiding someone much like herself after Chisato is gone" angle to this. But seeing if things play out in a happier way or if the sad ending can be satisfying is still a good motivation to keep glued to the screen.

That guy is a piece of work though. Grabbed some poor guy from the hospital, used his body like a puppet, and all for the purpose of trying to make Chisato kill for him. He's not wrong that Chisato could be an unbelievable killer if she had the mindset for it. Her skills are incredible and few could seriously stand against her. And maybe whatever happened at that tower convinced him of it so strongly that he took the measures of straight up giving her an artificial heart to keep her alive. But in the end that's not what she wants.

Tension is building up too with the Lycoris hunts. That organization is looking flimsier all the time. Just feeding their members to this green-haired lunatic. She didn't appear to have any support or backup. And the end result was being brutally run over and then filled with bullets. Ouch...
Said guy was already a comatose drug addict.
Old 2022-07-30, 19:45   Link #155
ryllharu

I haven't gotten any hints that Chisato thinks she will die early because of the artificial heart.

I still assume the 'cherish the time you have' type lines have more to do with her job and how hostile Japan has gotten in their world. Chisato could die on any job, at any time. She lives fully in every moment because of that.
Old 2022-07-31, 02:36   Link #156
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

funny when Kurumi does not seem to care that Mizuki might be dead.
fortunately for them.. this Jin person is sort of a nice guy, even if he is an assassin.

that's a big plot reveal on Chisato having an artificial heart that has no heartbeat. I wonder how the story would proceed on this.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 03:12   Link #157
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think he wants her to kill for him. To me the Allan institute seems like some sort of cult that idolize talented people and are obsessed with nurturing and delivering them to the world. I don't think Chisato is any different than all the other geniuses they have dealt with. She's a genius at killing, and so they want her to use that talent. Shiji said so himself: "geniuses must be delivered to the world, even someone who is a genius at killing." That's the whole point.

And the fact it's their fault she acquired that no killing mentality has got to smart.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 08:32   Link #158
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I wonder what the criteria are for being an "Alan Child" and how well-known the Alan Institute is to the general public.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 10:47   Link #159
Decel

Really surprising how the reveal got dropped so nonchalantly by Chisato, right at the start of the episode, in an episodic almost-filler-y settup.

Also how nonchalantly a lycoris met her rather gruesome fate.

This series as a whole conspiracy thriller played as a slice-of-life vibe in general, and I'm surprisingly absorbed by it all. The stellar execution helps.
Old 2022-07-31, 10:50   Link #160
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I wonder what the criteria are for being an "Alan Child" and how well-known the Alan Institute is to the general public.
Didn't we see a TV special in the background about various people who were Alan Children? So I'd think pretty well known.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote