AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 05:07   Link #841
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Well, I just finished the second episode, and though I haven't forgiven how much they botched episode 1, this episode was much more enjoyable.

The pacing still suffered between scenes, but I actually think they did Yosuke's conflict much better than in the game, and I think they covered a good amount of content for the 20 minute episode this time.

The animation was terrible, but honestly I hardly notice that - as long as the art is good, the smoothness of movement doesn't really bother me.

After that episode, I think I might actually keep watching purely for my love of Persona 4.
Old 2011-10-15, 05:50   Link #842
Dark Wing

I think I had said this somewhere else but this anime is kinda making want to go out and get the game.
Old 2011-10-15, 05:52   Link #843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I think I had said this somewhere else but this anime is kinda making want to go out and get the game.
I'm holding out for the PSPVita remake...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 06:19   Link #844
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm holding out for the PSPVita remake...
Really when is that coming out?
Old 2011-10-15, 06:25   Link #845
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Spring 2012 on Japan. Probably Winter Summer/Autumn for America.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:12   Link #846
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Spring 2012 on Japan. Probably Winter Summer/Autumn for America.
Thanks...However I was asking about Vita at first but this helps.
Old 2011-10-15, 08:11   Link #847
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On the episode's commercial break we watched Yuu's courage increase a little... result? He punched Yousuke in the second part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Chie is a tomboy, I personally can't accept her being cute...But since it seems nowadays most female characters need to be cute, I'll just have to get over it (but I still think she's being rather annoying here, or maybe too scandalous? Well, anyway...
I personally think this episode was an improvement. It still has an odd pace but much less than in the previous one. And I'll Face Myself = ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This I can agree though maybe because I played the US version but Chie didn't really sink into me. She's too masculine in the game plus her voice add it up despite her social link is opposite to it. But I like her voice on the anime and as expected of her seiyuu Chie is really cute in the anime. Specially in this episode when she cried because the rope got cut and when those 2 comes back it was priceless when she tricked Yosuke and Yu for another free meal.

The freaky guy who confessed in Yukiko is still creepy -_- he is already creepy in the game but here he looks more in drugs. I really hate that guy >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Fuuka's voice gave me nightmares. Totally agree that Chie was the weakest link in the NA cast. I definitely like her Japanese counterpart much better. I honestly don't see anything particularly different about her demeanor/attitude though (granted, it's been 2? 3? years since I played the game), so think it's just the difference in voice that sells her character as "cute" now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The main difference is that Horie Yui can manage humor, energy, and tsundere, while Danielle Judovits was stuck in serious mode, which really hurt Chie's characterization.
The good thing about Chie, is that despite being an action girl, she retains her feminine charm, and Horie Yui's acting skills made this possible... unfortunately a lot of things will get lost in the translation, as well as in the budget of localization.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:36   Link #848
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

well ep 2 is definitely better than ep 1, thank goodness to whoever gave the MC personality and more interaction with others lol 1 point on courage? what did he do, eat nanako's 'experiment'?

the pacing was still a little fast but still acceptable, and I love how they throw some humor on random occasion. but that creeper mitsuo was still... annoying >__>
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 10:18   Link #849
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Definitely a great episode this time with proper pacing and good added stuff.
- Yu got a "face" and personality. A really cool one that doesn't faze on anything. Guess one point from your "courage stat" makes "you(Yu)" like that.
- Chie's adorableness exploded on me this ep. From her love of steaks, (oh Chie, I'll pay for 10 steaks just you could forgive me.) Hope Yu get to his swag on next ep to swoon her.
- Having weird vibes over the mole guy (must not spoil his name). He is really weirder here than in the game.
- The fight scene is really great, I was very impress how they properly finished the shadow, punching Yosuke's face (to stop his faggotry) with Yu's mistake.

With all the rumors of the animators not getting paid and quitting their jobs, the animation is still pretty smooth here. I don't know if I will still believe the rumor after they said this episode is "unwatchable" which I enjoyed and liked a bit.
Old 2011-10-15, 12:24   Link #850
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The good thing about Chie, is that despite being an action girl, she retains her feminine charm, and Horie Yui's acting skills made this possible... unfortunately a lot of things will get lost in the translation, as well as in the budget of localization.
I hardly call being close to "moe"(kawaii, call it whatever you want) and also being more scandalous as having a feminine charm.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 18:01   Link #851
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Definitely a great episode this time with proper pacing and good added stuff.
- Yu got a "face" and personality. A really cool one that doesn't faze on anything. Guess one point from your "courage stat" makes "you(Yu)" like that.
- Chie's adorableness exploded on me this ep. From her love of steaks, (oh Chie, I'll pay for 10 steaks just you could forgive me.) Hope Yu get to his swag on next ep to swoon her.
- Having weird vibes over the mole guy (must not spoil his name). He is really weirder here than in the game.
- The fight scene is really great, I was very impress how they properly finished the shadow, punching Yosuke's face (to stop his faggotry) with Yu's mistake.

With all the rumors of the animators not getting paid and quitting their jobs, the animation is still pretty smooth here. I don't know if I will still believe the rumor after they said this episode is "unwatchable" which I enjoyed and liked a bit.
Can only imagine what kind of crazy personality this guy will have once he gets some more points in the various personality categories . Will be fun to compare the first few episodes to near the end.

Chie was pretty cute. Rough spot there if everyone doesn't come back through the TV. Guess buying her some food is the least that can be done to make it up to her.
Old 2011-10-15, 18:09   Link #852
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quick question, what the hell does Chie ask to eat? I keep hearing bifteki for two episodes now, and definitely that's not what I read in the subtitles.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 18:36   Link #853
dark998

Episode 2 was quite good. I particularly liked the lenghty boss battle and Yosuke confronting his shadow + earning his Persona.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 19:07   Link #854
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
It's not so much as "annoying," but rather whether the actress can fulfill the role of the character. I think Laura Bailey nailed Rise as a flirtatious girly idol, while Judovits failed to portray Chie as an energetic tomboy. ( I can only imagine how Kugimiya haters will react to Rise here.)
To each their own. I haven't played the game, only seen LPs of it, but from her voice during battles...yeah, I just found Rise's voice really annoyig which in turn put me off the character.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 20:09   Link #855
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Quick question, what the hell does Chie ask to eat? I keep hearing bifteki for two episodes now, and definitely that's not what I read in the subtitles.
"Beefsteak". In the game she just always asks for steak.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 00:05   Link #856
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Can only imagine what kind of crazy personality this guy will have once he gets some more points in the various personality categories . Will be fun to compare the first few episodes to near the end.

Chie was pretty cute. Rough spot there if everyone doesn't come back through the TV. Guess buying her some food is the least that can be done to make it up to her.
by the end of the anime, his stat will be like:

Knowledge: Sage
Courage: Heroic
Expression: Enthralling
Diligence: Rock Solid
Understanding: Saintly

....imaging he being one of the most badass character in anime history
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:59   Link #857
ookamigirl

Interesting how the Midnight Channel is somehow connected with disappearances and murders. The TV world sure is weird, but that cute bear thing seems nice & harmless enough.
Guess they can hear the echoes of the real world, but not see it. Seems like it's a parallel world of some kind and judging by the fight with the shadow, it's probably a world where shadows are very much alive.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:04   Link #858
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Man, people didn't like Chie's NA voice actor? I loved her.
I liked Chie's English voice but I'm finding Horie Yui's version to be simply put, amazing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:06   Link #859
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Man, it's kinda hard to speculate when there's a large number of guys that knows what's about to happen

"Just keep watching..."
"You'll find out soon enough..."
"I can't say, it's a spoiler...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Interesting how the Midnight Channel is somehow connected with disappearances and murders. The TV world sure is weird, but that cute bear thing seems nice & harmless enough.
Guess they can hear the echoes of the real world, but not see it. Seems like it's a parallel world of some kind and judging by the fight with the shadow, it's probably a world where shadows are very much alive.
Great episode!
Judging from how the party 'magically' went from the store to the battle stadium, I say the Shadows have control over the environment...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:08   Link #860
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
by the end of the anime, his stat will be like:

Knowledge: Sage
Courage: Heroic
Expression: Enthralling
Diligence: Rock Solid
Understanding: Saintly