AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 00:40   Link #901
Kakkou
Tch.

"I wish I'd recorded it" was the best line in the episode XD. Nice that Yu is gaining a sense of humour which went well with his flat expression.

Definitely liking this show so far. I haven't played the game but I have played Devil Survivor, so seeing Pyro Jack and recognising the attack Jiraiya used made me just as delighted. It'll be neat to see what he summons next time.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:44   Link #902
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Chiebi and Amini were adorable.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:49   Link #903
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
"I wish I'd recorded it" was the best line in the episode XD. Nice that Yu is gaining a sense of humour which went well with his flat expression.
The best thing about those lines is that they're something I could imagine saying myself if I were in that situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Definitely liking this show so far. I haven't played the game but I have played Devil Survivor, so seeing Pyro Jack and recognising the attack Jiraiya used made me just as delighted. It'll be neat to see what he summons next time.
The show by itself is excellent, but my enjoyment value shot up from recognizing all the little tidbits Thanks God I've played P3P last year It's enough to appreciate the little things, but not enough to spoil the story
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 01:14   Link #904
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

"I wish I'd taped that" - utter gold. One of the advantages of no longer having a mute protagonist right there

Again, the touches added in from the game made my day - the "All-Out Attack" on Chie's Shadow genuinely made me squeal with joy

In other news, Chibi Chie and Yukiko? D'awwww!

Good to see the Wild Card has been implemented - and it certainly makes more sense for him to only have a persona from an arcana in which he has a social link (unlike in the game where any arcana was fair game). It'll certainly help people keep up with what he has available to him.

Top episode - best of the series so far. Let's have some more like this
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 02:06   Link #905
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

This episode is actually pretty decent, as the pacing was nice and the story flowed well. I still don't like the fact that Narukumi is really boring, especially when compared to the other characters, but he's much better than in the first episode.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 02:20   Link #906
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

"Gotta Catch 'Em All, Persona!!", now, where have I heard this theme from?

Chie persona sure was buff, it sort of represented her xD

I read the manga, but stopped, because I heard the anime was coming, its a good thing too, its more entertaining this way, even with the slow pacing.

Aww the fat@ss dog was cute, from a chibi to Beethoven size.
Old 2011-10-21, 03:05   Link #907
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Isn't Pyro Jack a lv32 persona? Someone is overleveled for this boss fight...
They should go with Orobas a level 8 magician instead of level 32. Yuu got initial save data for his persona bank

I also like the ED song which differ right now from previews episode which he get the magician arcana. In the ED you will notice a new card is acquired by Narukami.
Old 2011-10-21, 04:40   Link #908
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They should go with Orobas a level 8 magician instead of level 32. Yuu got initial save data for his persona bank

I also like the ED song which differ right now from previews episode which he get the magician arcana. In the ED you will notice a new card is acquired by Narukami.
they probably chose pyro jack because....
Spoiler for Next ep:

and i think the pyro jack will change into another persona later since marganet said "the power grow as your bond with them get stronger"

and what chariot arcana persona you think Yuu will use in the next ep?

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 04:52   Link #909
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi

Nata Taishi for sure Because it feels like that type you'll get from befriending Chie
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 06:11   Link #910
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Nthing the "I wish I recorded that" as the best line of this episode.

An interesting change is that Shadow Chie is weak to garu/wind in the game and neutral to agi/fire.

Also, a great episode all around with Souji Yuu having the best lines. The new scenes are pretty neat too, the Chie's mask collection neing the best.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:04   Link #911
brocko

Since they were using game OST that must mean the BGM towards the end of eps 3 where Jack O'Latern was summoned was also a game track right?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:13   Link #912
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Since they were using game OST that must mean the BGM towards the end of eps 3 where Jack O'Latern was summoned was also a game track right?
Yep, Reach out the Truth is the battle theme of the game.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 07:22   Link #913
brocko

lol funny how I skipped over that during my search cause it didn't start the same as how it did in the episode (i.e the episode only used the chorus). I guess this should teach me to listen to the whole track before discounting it

Cheers for the help, much appreciated!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2011-10-21, 07:28   Link #914
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was such a fangasm inducing episode. Pyro Jack!! I'm so happy they kept the wild card ability in the anime. Do you guys think there is any chance we'll see Mara animated?

Yuu is simply awesome in the anime. His "I wish I had recorded it" line was indeed pure gold. It was not only funny, it shows that he's interested in the girls too. There might be a chance he'll get a girlfriend (or 6) in the anime adaptation.

Quote:
Either Nata Taishi or Ares.

I'm not sure Yuu's personas are going to change later on. He might be stuck with one persona per arcana, which still means we'll see twenty different personas in the anime. It wouldn't be bad at all. Including more than that would be tricky.
Old 2011-10-21, 08:11   Link #915
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Awesome 3rd ep and some nice lines from Yuu

Its a surprise that they cut out the fanservice though?? in the game you get a clear shot of yukikos cleavage during the tv show but they cut it in the anime O_o
Old 2011-10-21, 08:34   Link #916
brocko

Because contrary to popular belief, fanservice doesn't necessarily make everything better.

Old 2011-10-21, 08:34   Link #917
Sides

Wild Card! The way they implemented the multiple personae Yu can use was nicely done.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 08:38   Link #918
Yuna Amakura

I think Beauty of Destiny is definitely growing on me. I really love sky's the limit but Beauty of Destiny didn't really get my attention at first. And Lotus Juice + Shihoko Hirata = ♥

One thing though: Will they use their own weapons or not?

Last edited by Yuna Amakura; 2011-10-21 at 08:52.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 10:02   Link #919
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
they probably chose pyro jack because....
Spoiler for Next ep:

and i think the pyro jack will change into another persona later since marganet said "the power grow as your bond with them get stronger"

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi
Actually, using Pyro Jack might not be that bad...after all, it resists (in fact, I think it outright drains) fire attack, so most of Shadow Yukiko's attack will be useless as well. Sure, he'll only have to physical attacks to fight back, but even with the low ST stat of Magician, being level 30+ should hits hard enough.

But well, I doubt that'll be the case, it would be Chariot if the trend continues. Looking at your link, Nata Taishi seems likely, but Eligor and Ares is pretty cool to see too.

About the episode, I really like it, looks like they fix some of the problems I've ahd with it before. The music transition is less jarring (although I seem to recall one bad case form this ep) and Yu actually shows some more character. It may even fits his stat growth too, first he got more courage to speak more, now increasing knowledge and understanding makes him more witty (I wish I taped that is a great anime-original touch, makes perfect sense too. I remember having a separate save file just before that...) In fact, even if his Expression doesn't increase anymore I'm fine, being a deadpan snarker is cool too. Oh, and despite the fast pace, they manage to slip in some details those who played the game will be happy with, not to mention quite a nice re-working of events to have the dog event (which I think doesn't come up yet at that point).
Old 2011-10-21, 10:53   Link #920
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was such a fangasm inducing episode. Pyro Jack!! I'm so happy they kept the wild card ability in the anime. Do you guys think there is any chance we'll see Mara animated?
I'll pay to see that.

3rd episode in and it still retains a relatively solid direction and good quality. I think that's a safe sign, and hope this remain as such.

But the characters' flat expressions are beginning to bug me, especially when detail is given to so many other aspects of the animation. Even during the Chie angst section, she just gives a totally blank face at certain scenes. And don't get me started on Yuu. That guy has a perpetual poker face. Wouldn't kill to give more expressions to the characters.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy