Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 23:24   Link #41
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Ha ha ha ha

Anime Expo 2004 is crazy so far. I was preregistered so the line for the badge in thursday took only 2 1/2 hours as opposed to my friend that waited in line for 4 freaking hours.

It was well worth it though. On friday we left at 5:00 am and we waited in line for a long time for opening ceremonies. It pissed me off so much that people don't know where the line started and where it ended, it pissed us off especially because we waited for opening ceremonies for 5 hours. The cosplay was a real treat, especially for someone who never been to an expo, there is one for Haku which was really really good. There was some huge disasters also.

The opening ceremonies was absolutely amazing, I can't put it into words at how awesome it is. For the retail floor I was just super shocked because of all the stuff going on at the same time. The viz booth, geneon booth, tokyopop booth, and the ADV booth was all amazing. I spent $100 on the first day, I bought 6 manga's plus 7 import manga's.

Unfortunately I couldn't go on saturday, but I will be there in sunday and monday. Look for me guys ^_^.
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 00:35   Link #42
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
AX was pretty fun ^^ Me and my crew got there around.. oh... 830 this saturaday and waited in line for about an hour to register and get in. The place got crowded though REALLY FAST.

I didnt really buy anything. Just a Gameskine.com sweater, a Azumanga transparency, and some Giant Pocky. I was really dissapointed w/ the vendors. They just didnt have what I was looking for I guess im too used to comic con, which is AX and some.

The Game room was cool. They had the Japanese version of the Naruto fighting game and the Tsukihime fighting game. The Naruto game actually looked really fun while the Tsukihime one just looked like another 2d fighter.

Cosplay.... Well I didnt take that many pictures do to the fact that 80% of the ppl there were damn Narutofan boi/gUrlZ. I mean COMMON how many damn naruto's do you need running around >_>. I swear I was in the damn Leaf village or some shit... I took a couple of pics when I got out of the Yoko concert of where a group of NarutoNIANS had made a large group and where doing there "poses" creating mass traffic on all 3 lvls cuz everyone wanted to see them .... bah I tell you! Also i saw something scarier than mass amounts of naruto wannabes...... I saw..... Man Fey, Man Chii , Man Yuna, Man Salor Mercury..... Oh god it was terrible..... Extremely funny but terrible. I was laughing so much I couldnt take a pics. On a good note I did get like 5 GOOD cosplay girls of random stuff ^_^; *sorry guys I could careless if you cosplayed*

Hey I also met GATX207_Blitz ^_^. We met up at the Yoko concert and hung out for that. When it let out though I lost him on the stairwells due to those stupid narutonians making everyone stop sheesh >_>. Than i forgot to call him oops ^_^.

*GAT plz make a pay-pal account and pay me $100 dollars or I post pics of you!!!*
j/k ... well maybe not >_>

The Yoko concert was OK... I was screwing around most of the time making fun of everyone ^^. The spokes man for yoko could barely speak english and some of his sentances were pretty incoherent, but he gets an "A" for effort ^^ Yoko was pretty cool, for 2 of her songs though she had the GAYEST D4nC3rS 3V4R OMgZZZ they SUxOreD! They were pretty off and they kept doing the same gay moves the whole time >_> and ... well I wont comment on 2 of the guy dancers... lets just say they were WAY to into it and were pretty homosexual looking to me >_>

Ah, also went to the screening of the Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex dubs. They also showed the trailer for Ghost in the Shell - Inocence *sequal to the original movie* The trailer was pretty damn good, cant wait to see it! After that though we bounced on out that place was WAY TO PACKEd and we had already seen eps 1-2 of GITS-SAC whats the point of watching it again in a crowded ass theatre w/ a shitty view >_>

On a whole though AX was worth the time to goto. ^^
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 04:48   Link #43
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
I bought an inuyasha lithograph cell thinger.
I bought wing gundam kai version.
I bought "sweets" yoko ishido cd and got both the booklet and the cd signed by her.
i had a fun time I'm sure I left the rest out cause I'm tired and basically I put up what I bought and yea ok I'm done.

PS I met sil80 as he said it was interesting... ;p
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 13:16   Link #44
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
I heard Man Faye got arrested, released, and then arrested again yesterday....
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 14:12   Link #45
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez-it_god
for what? indecent exposure? soliciting sex to a minor? X_X
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 01:22   Link #46
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
for what? indecent exposure? soliciting sex to a minor? X_X
the former, and then apparently flashing somebody. Just what I heard though.
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 10:01   Link #47
Kyuven

Quote:
the former, and then apparently flashing somebody. Just what I heard though.
flashing somebody falls under the indecent exposure category...though the consequences are worse (urinating in public counts as indecent exposure)
Old 2004-07-05, 10:41   Link #48
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I thought I heard him say he almost got arrested the first day, but they let him go after he agreed to put some pants on. ^_^ I didn't see him Sunday, and I don't know what happened, though there were some people carrying signs demanding his return. He's getting a bit too famous, IMO.

Well, gotta run to see the AMV encore. Somehow I'm glad I missed the real one, I heard it was delayed horribly... even worse than the 1 hour delay last night in the Masq. Someday I'll figure out what causes such delays for the masq, and why it took so friggin long to count the votes of the 2 judges after the thing was over.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 19:56   Link #49
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Quote:
Thank god, that was sick. I was eating lunch with my cousins in sunday and this hairy ass MF'er wearing a yellow thong or some crap like like that. He was hairy all over and with the thong his all was visible. Since this bastard was in front of me when my cousins where eating subways sandwhiches I lost my appetite.

Me and my friends where joking about cosplaying as female characters next year, but at least we will do something like Shave/Wax or wear stockings or something.

It was fun though, a highlight for me was the VIZ press conference where I got to meet with all the people that make viz Manga's and of course shonen jump and the dude that makes the english version of Inuyasha. The funniest part was when the girl says "I have seen 108 episodes of Inuyasha" the producer of the english version says "how? There are only 60 something episodes shown on cartoon network" The whole crowd busted out laughing.

Also on sunday was the "how to play go" and that was just amazing. I had my first experience playing go and I must say that it is one of the most fun I had in ages, my cousin Andrew schooled me. I got better as time passed. Of course it pisses me off because I want a go board and no places near me sells it.

Oh yeah, but I has so much fun at AX 2004 I guarantee that I will be there next year. Of course I will plan it so much better since I know what to expect. I have two new manga loves called Cheeky Angel and Imadoki both of which I would never consider had I not been in the Viz Manga panel discussion. Of course I love both those series and try to recommend it at any chance I get.

But whatever the case is I know for my 2nd year of AX I will

a) Save more money, much much more money. I brought $200 dollars but I can't help but think that I should have brought at least a thousand in the Expo.
b) Plan much better so that I wont be wiped out in only 2 days (Friday and Sunday), I enjoyed both times but my planning was so poor that I couldn't bring myself to the other 2 days.
c) Cosplay, I want to cosplay as something next year.
d) Stay in a hotel instead of driving 40 minutes from Corona, CA.
f) Arrange an offical "Animesuki forum" meeting place and time.
Old 2004-07-05, 20:07   Link #50
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

KristopherZ werent you suppose to meet up w/ GAT and me? GAT said there was someone else we were suppose to meet but they didnt pick up there cell on saturday.

40 mins from Corona is NOTHING! It takes me that long to get to some of my friends houses. Not sure if i'll be able to make it next year I dont know where I'll be around that time, but if im in town we definately need to plan a better AS meeting.
Old 2004-07-05, 20:26   Link #51
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
KristopherZ werent you suppose to meet up w/ GAT and me? GAT said there was someone else we were suppose to meet but they didnt pick up there cell on saturday.

40 mins from Corona is NOTHING! It takes me that long to get to some of my friends houses. Not sure if i'll be able to make it next year I dont know where I'll be around that time, but if im in town we definately need to plan a better AS meeting.
Well, sorry about that. I didn't bring my Laptop so I couldn't chat with you guys and get the meeting times and info. Also I would like to add that my schedule was really wierd. I went on Thursday Nite to pick up the badge. I was there all day in Friday. I couldn't go on saturday because of my little brother's graduation party. I was there in Sunday, and I was not there in monday because I was completely burned out.

Yeah, but we left Corona at 5:00 in the morning. Also if you guys hung out with me it wouldn't be THAT fun. I went to many Panels and Press Conferences, and I am not sure if you guys like that stuff.
Old 2004-07-05, 20:35   Link #52
Kyuven

i just got back...
it's kinda boring when you're not going with anyone though T_T my girlfriend and friends suddenly realized they couldn't go (i planned ahead, they didn't...)
and yes bringing more money is advisable...
i went with about $90 and i'm sitting here at home broke (it didn't help that i had to pay for a train ride to solana beach but eh)
i got one of those Kyo caps FUNimation was selling, and i'm gonna be wearing it at least once to Comic Con later this month (which i planned a lot better for, and it's closer...no 2 hr train ride for me no sirree...Anaheim has to be the MOST disorganized town i've ever seen...)

My only regrets were not bringing enough money, going alone, and only going on the last day.
Won't be happenin next year though!
of course the advantage to going on the last day is everyone's trying to liquidate as much crap as they can, so 20% off sales were everywhere (Manga Entertainment had their 2 for $30 last day sale...again)
i also bought this blue haired plushy from the Under17 booth (Momoi Haruko's voice can catch your attention...) but for the life of me i dunno what it's from
it's got short blue hair, a magenta and blue school uniform, and it says
あしたの雪之丞 (Ashita no Yukinojou)
on the tag
Old 2004-07-05, 23:26   Link #53
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

疲れたけど、楽しかった!
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 23:44   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
”æ‚ꂽ‚¯‚Ç?AŠy‚µ‚©‚Á‚½?I
Hmmm... infoseek say you are saying "It got tired, and it was pleasant although cooked." Gosh it would be easier if you could just post in English. This board is suppose to be English only so please try to post in English while you are here. Posting in Japanese is quite rude.

Incidently I would suggest that AX would have been better if you had eaten it raw rather than cooked.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-05 at 23:59.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 23:47   Link #55
Kyuven

Quote:
疲れたけど、楽しかった!
yes it certainly was...
walking 3-4 miles to get to the train station didn't help either (even though it was only 2 miles away...i got lost...)
Edit: NoSanninWa: he said (literally) "However you became tired, it was pleasant"
which i take to mean "It was fun, but tiring"
the translation i used could be wrong though
interestingly, NoSanninWa, your quote has gibberish in it for some reason 0_o
japanese is fun though~!
Old 2004-07-06, 00:02   Link #56
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Edit: NoSanninWa: he said (literally) "However you became tired, it was pleasant"
japanese is fun though~!
Waah! I have problems posting japanese characters... I thought I'd dealt with the problem, but... oh well... I guess I didn't.

Thanks for the improved translation, but somehow I guessed that kj1980 didn't actually try to cook the convention.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 00:05   Link #57
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
疲れたけど、楽しかった!
I understand that!

well, did you people take photos? I want bad cosplay! is so fun! ok maybe I shouldnt ask for it or i might get banned...

Im really curious about conventions, here theres nothing even remotely similar to that, cons seem fun anyway, I mean live bad cosplay!?!? im already picturing myself in front of manfaye, Im sure I couldn help to laugh as hard as I can in his face
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 00:12   Link #58
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I understand that!

well, did you people take photos? I want bad cosplay! is so fun! ok maybe I shouldnt ask for it or i might get banned...

Im really curious about conventions, here theres nothing even remotely similar to that, cons seem fun anyway, I mean live bad cosplay!?!? im already picturing myself in front of manfaye, Im sure I couldn help to laugh as hard as I can in his face
another case of poor planning: i didn't bring a camera and now i'm hitting myself for it
Old 2004-07-06, 00:48   Link #59
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

I didnt take pics of bad cosplay. I was laughing to much LOl.... I mean common who wouldnt laugh at this line up?

Man Faye
Man Chii
Man Yuna
Man Sailor Mercury

I'll post some pics later when i upload them from my digi cam.
Old 2004-07-06, 01:02   Link #60
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Quote:
疲れたけど、楽しかった!
yes it certainly was...
walking 3-4 miles to get to the train station didn't help either (even though it was only 2 miles away...i got lost...)
japanese is fun though~!
Actually it is translated directly as "It was tiring but it was enjoyable". But you arrived at it anyways
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conventions