AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-06-14, 03:34   Link #161
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Post A lil late, but jumping on the bandwagon too~~

As Shiroth brought to light for me, this forum doesn't have a specific 'music discussion' thread like the Eden of the East - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

So I'll post my news here, although I'm sure Shiroth and the rest of you have already discussed over it, for anyone who has yet to catch on alike me, then this is an update for ya
__________________________________________________ _____________

Was trying to find the generic 'music related' thread, but going onto page two here, there's a hell of a lot of fun threads here that are locked O.o!!!?
Anyways, I'll post latest news that's popped on by about the next season's OP and ED, slightly old, pardon the lateness
Spoiler for jp info:

The Opening will be sung by NICO Touches the Walls with the title being "hologram".
The Eding will be sung by Miho Fukuhara with the title being LET IT OUT
Both tunes will switch over on July 12th (Episode 15)

Manga peeps may already have ideas of what this may represent or the montage that's likely to follow otherwise, I'm kinda curious and remain kinda intriugied until a trailer arrives ^^
Can keep tabs on the artists on here

To get a feel on Miho's kind of music (FMA2's version of Crystal Kay perhaps, for the urban/soul kinda feel?)
check out her video here

Listening to this tune, I may become a fan to her stuff. She's an amazing singer giving her voice, pitch, emotion and range. ^^

edit:
oh?
Seems we've not heard the last of SID.
If you like their stuff, they'll be providing the theme tune for the Wii game "Prince of the Dawn" that comes out in August 13th, entitled 'Drama' - so lots more to come from them soon. ^^

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:36   Link #162
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Erm, I already posted this info in this same thread last week....
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:40   Link #163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Mystique already knows. I told him/her.
Old 2009-06-14, 03:42   Link #164
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Do read the first paragraph on my post, old news bring brought to light, but I had posted it in the music ID thread (for lack of a generic music one)
Shiroth said you guys hashed over it here, but there are still some of us who jump on the bandwagon a little late
I didn't catch the news in this thread, kinda got lost in the sea of things >.>
DW, I'm not stealing your thunder or anything like that

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:52   Link #165
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ah, okay I see what you mean, sorry. Yeah we kinda lack proper threads for certain things for FMA:B, so a lot of news gets spread between the General thread and the Spoilers thread these days. :/
Old 2009-07-09, 15:06   Link #166
Kirarakim

I am not exactly sure if this is the right thread for this but I think it is the best fit.

I've been thinking of how to compare the difference between the first FMA series and the FMA manga (the storyline being adapted by Brotherhood).

The first FMA really did go more for the emotional/dramatic pull. Not that there isn't drama in the manga and therefore Brotherhood but the dramatic moments are not it's main thing (and no it's not the SD comedy either).

Now it might be hard to tell from the 1st 14 episodes but trust me if you were up to the current part of the manga you would understand. The manga storyline might not be as dramatic but it's certainly epic in ways the first series did not even come close to. I certainly hope Brotherhood will be able to capture this.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 09:33   Link #167
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So do I, my friend, so do I.

As for me, my hopes are still set pretty high for this series. I mean, honestly, it beats the old one by and large in terms of animation and action scenes, at least so far.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 11:34   Link #168
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
From how I see the anime is progressing, it seems like it's heading towards a more, following manga direction. Much more similar to the manga. As if it continues the plot from the actual plot in the manga, after they meet up with Izumi.

I hope the anime can pull it off. The manga gets a bit confusing and since the anime doesn't really show the first few arcs before meeting their master, they might have to wrap everything up in some way T_T.

Either way, glad to see it to be different from the first series

PS. First post in this subforum Hajimemashite everyone!
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 12:25   Link #169
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr:3 View Post
From how I see the anime is progressing, it seems like it's heading towards a more, following manga direction. Much more similar to the manga. As if it continues the plot from the actual plot in the manga, after they meet up with Izumi.
Of course it is, that's the whole point of this series.

As for FMA1 vs Brotherhood comparisons... Well I gave 8/10 as my final rating for FMA1, but so far I wouldn't give Brotherhood more than a 7/10 so I'm afraid that as it is I like the old series better still.

Of course there'll always be unlimited potential for Brotherhood to surpass it as long as they do things right, since I consider its source material, the FMA manga, to be a 10/10.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 14:26   Link #170
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Of course it is, that's the whole point of this series.
Oh really? Lol. Didn't know that ^^;;
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 14:51   Link #171
Vicious108

Yeah the basic premise of Brotherhood is to be a FMA anime that follows the manga. If they weren't gonna do that there'd be no need for it since we already have one FMA anime unfaithful to the manga.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:03   Link #172
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arch/ARI/sukimaswitch/

Looks like the third OP for FMA:B will be by Sukima Switch. The title of the song is Golden Time Lover.
Old 2009-08-12, 03:38   Link #173
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Still nothing regarding a soundtrack release.
Old 2009-08-12, 03:53   Link #174
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Still nothing regarding a soundtrack release.
I hear it's coming in October as well.
Old 2009-09-14, 01:42   Link #175
Reticia

Quote:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arch/ARI/sukimaswitch/

Looks like the third OP for FMA:B will be by Sukima Switch. The title of the song is Golden Time Lover.
Won't it be the ED ? It fits their style better.
Old 2009-09-14, 20:14   Link #176
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

My problem with the anime (haven't read the manga yet) is that I don't feel like they help people understand the emotions and different views. In the recent episodes, really the whole anime, I feel like they prioritize another peoples' suffering over another, therefore making what they stand for more right. Like Scar's view and Edward & Al's view, people would agree that Ed & Al were right in their view of things because their views and sufferings are prioritzed. Now I understand that they are the main characters and everything n the fact its a manga, so naturally its going to lean more towards the main character. But I feel like with a popular anime tha Fullmetal is, they help people understand the situation because it goes in real life. Instead of saying (directly or indirectly) these people suffering is greater than the other people. The reason why I say this is because in the 2 or 3 episodes we saw the slaughter of Scar's people then we see the murder of Winry's parents. Now we have people sympathizing with Winry more so than Scar, therefore making Ed & Al's view more "righteous" instead of understanding the cycle of war and peace/hatred and love/chaos and order.

Maybe I'm just going deeper than necessary but I felt like pointing it out. Aside from that its a good anime (obviously because I watch it lol), nice creativity and etc. But its just that one thing that kinda bothers me.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 20:48   Link #177
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ Well, FMA is a shounen, and it has some shounen elements in it. That's probably what it is - things always need to lean towards the 'good' protagonist kids. But it does so much less than other shounen mangas and animes, which is why FMA's the only shounen I like.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:28   Link #178
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
My problem with the anime (haven't read the manga yet) is that I don't feel like they help people understand the emotions and different views. In the recent episodes, really the whole anime, I feel like they prioritize another peoples' suffering over another, therefore making what they stand for more right. Like Scar's view and Edward & Al's view, people would agree that Ed & Al were right in their view of things because their views and sufferings are prioritzed. Now I understand that they are the main characters and everything n the fact its a manga, so naturally its going to lean more towards the main character. But I feel like with a popular anime tha Fullmetal is, they help people understand the situation because it goes in real life. Instead of saying (directly or indirectly) these people suffering is greater than the other people. The reason why I say this is because in the 2 or 3 episodes we saw the slaughter of Scar's people then we see the murder of Winry's parents. Now we have people sympathizing with Winry more so than Scar, therefore making Ed & Al's view more "righteous" instead of understanding the cycle of war and peace/hatred and love/chaos and order.

Maybe I'm just going deeper than necessary but I felt like pointing it out. Aside from that its a good anime (obviously because I watch it lol), nice creativity and etc. But its just that one thing that kinda bothers me.

Since this is talking about events in episode 22 I assume this should be in the specific episode thread.

But I will say I completely disagree with your views on the point of the scene, especially if you pay attention to why Scar did what he did.
Old 2009-09-16, 09:14   Link #179
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Since this is talking about events in episode 22 I assume this should be in the specific episode thread.
Yeah even though I am, and the episodes after, this is the proper thread because similar situations will happen later on in the anime most likely. So if that's the case, I think its a appropriate to discuss this in the General discussion of the anime instead of waiting for episode after episode after episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But I will say I completely disagree with your views on the point of the scene, especially if you pay attention to why Scar did what he did.
Yes I did pay attention to why he did what he did, its called PTSD. If you're a person who think that Winry shooting Scar would be justified and/or righteous or anything like that. Then you should, unless you're just being obnoxious, think Scar is justified in his actions for killing Amestrians for killing his people.

My whole point/complaint is that I feel that in real life with war and etc. going on, this manga being as popular as it is, could help people understanding the emotions behind these kind of situations. Its not even a complaint really, its just something that I felt like putting out there, I understand its just a manga, and it being a manga, it has to make the star characters seem like the good guys.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:51   Link #180
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Yeah even though I am, and the episodes after, this is the proper thread because similar situations will happen later on in the anime most likely. So if that's the case, I think its a appropriate to discuss this in the General discussion of the anime instead of waiting for episode after episode after episode.
Well it spoils something in episode 22. What if someone checks out this thread who has not seen episode 22 yet. I guess it's not a big deal but that is what I was thinking which is why I did not go into further detail on why I disagreed with you.

Quote:
Yes I did pay attention to why he did what he did, its called PTSD. If you're a person who think that Winry shooting Scar would be justified and/or righteous or anything like that. Then you should, unless you're just being obnoxious, think Scar is justified in his actions for killing Amestrians for killing his people.

My whole point/complaint is that I feel that in real life with war and etc. going on, this manga being as popular as it is, could help people understanding the emotions behind these kind of situations. Its not even a complaint really, its just something that I felt like putting out there, I understand its just a manga, and it being a manga, it has to make the star characters seem like the good guys.

Spoiler for Episode 22:

Tags
adventure, shounen