AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-02, 13:55   Link #1341
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I play Olaf (ph server though). After numerous attempts on searching for Olaf's specialties (be it jungling or whatnot). I ultimately dropped every other guide out there (I think so) and went on to play my Olaf the way I like it.

I usually play him if we have a support hero in our team (yes I lane him). I don't really care what type of support, be it buffs or heal. I always try to adjust the items I buy. Though, if ever I'm in lane with a support. Damn I level reckless swing ASAP. (vicious strike comes next, undertow just keeps on level1 on me no really!). Gear wise I get CDR as much as I can. (max out reckless swing is like 2.something seconds). More than enough even b/4 level12 or so to have massive kills. Especially on tanks/junglers. My runes/masteries are all basic ofal spec.

So there you have it. I'm not an HP spec'ed Olaf. I'm more of a AD/or rather DD to be honest. Late game my performance deteriorates since most of my team will be doing all the killing by then. I often be the "initial" attacker with reckless swing/undertow. Though I a more than capable of killing espcially in 1vs1. Since my build is more onto CDR, armor, and attack. I don't really care on attack speed. I even use CDR boots.

Dunno if I'm doing it right or whatnot. Though this type of build works for me. I just spam the hell out of reckless strike/swing whatever.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:57   Link #1342
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Hey guys just started playing this game, done 5 games online won all but 1 Im playing miss fortune, but just wondering what champion should I get next is Annie any good or does anyone recommend something else?

Miss fortune is fun to play but pretty easy :P and the build is straight forward, not that its a downfall just want a bit more of a challenge.
Old 2011-11-03, 19:41   Link #1343
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I would just try the champions that are free every week when the rotation switches every Tuesday. They are free, and they provide a decent challenge with each and every champion.
Old 2011-11-03, 20:43   Link #1344
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah cool cool, will do that in a bit enjoying this game way to much haha, has replaced my wow time at last
Old 2011-11-03, 22:03   Link #1345
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well if you want to play with some members of AS, do tell us your name Mine is Hooves17.
Old 2011-11-03, 22:23   Link #1346
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Feel free to add me (Tacoshuriken) if you need help with anything, I'm online fairly often and while I'm not the best of players, I'm familiar with alot of roles and builds.
Best advice I can give you now is that minions are very important, no doubt you've done the tutorial but if you can learn to last hit pretty early you'll be sailing on easy street (I'm speaking from experience, I had problems with minion farm when I first started playing, it gimped me in alot of my games)
Also, check out this thread, it has alot of useful links and stuff for new players.
Old 2011-11-04, 13:00   Link #1347
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Will do when I get online im Ak3miPu
Old 2011-11-04, 13:08   Link #1348
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All a new player needs is checking out a zoning tutorial, practice on last-hitting and developing map awareness. If you got that and a good team, it will be easy
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 14:06   Link #1349
killer3000ad

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1446373

Flash and CV getting nerfs. Flash range further decreased and cooldown increased. CV cooldown also increased.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:37   Link #1350
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Don't see why CV needed the nerf, and buffing HEAL!? Oh god...at least cleanse is getting a huge bonus, able to cancel exhaust/ignite will make it much more attractive than flash for champions who lack an escape mechanism, especially with the flash CDI. Totally saw that one coming
Surge seems interesting, looking forward to testing it.
Old 2011-11-04, 15:28   Link #1351
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

VahanJust is the name, shvana is my game~
Old 2011-11-04, 15:53   Link #1352
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Will do when I get online im Ak3miPu
Hmmm, it says that your name is not verified when I try to add you. I'll just wait for you to send the request

Also the nerf on Flash seems a little bit too much doesnt it? The nerf on CV, well I never use CV so I don't have to worry about it But yes on the buff on Cleanse, since I'm starting to take a liking to this summoner spell on Jax.
Old 2011-11-04, 15:55   Link #1353
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Don't see why CV needed the nerf, and buffing HEAL!? Oh god...at least cleanse is getting a huge bonus, able to cancel exhaust/ignite will make it much more attractive than flash for champions who lack an escape mechanism, especially with the flash CDI. Totally saw that one coming
Surge seems interesting, looking forward to testing it.
Yea I get the flash nerf since it allows too much wall jumping to junk people(probably going to run ghost now on Irelia since she I build her for movement speed anyways ), but nerfing CV seems strange like a strange choice.

I like promote coming back, I could definitely see it being a viable to run on Nidalee and a few other champs to push turrets sooner and harder. Surge sounds like the new spell to take on support if CV nerf is too heavy .

I hope they aren't making heal/cleanse too strong :x.

Also I am now Kagami on LoL since they released names for people to claim .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 18:54   Link #1354
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering what servers you guys play? Because knowing each others IGN when we might be different servers still won't lets us play together.

BTW, i'm in NA, and my IGN is Nybass. I teach my noob friends how to play ('elo hell' has NOTHING on coaching new players in normal games lol), so why not Asuki members as well?

And if you're new and don't want to buy any of the champion packs, then just try whoever is free. Go do bot games until you can totally dominate intermediate (lik 10:1 KDR at least) or when you're high enough level to start getting the -xp/-ip for doing bot games. Just take your time learning the game, as it was only long after I was lvl 30 when everything 'clicked' for me.

If there's one thing you should learn though, it's about last hitting minions (known as CS). By the 10 mins mark, if you can get 100 CS, you're pretty much perfect. But if you can get 80, you're still pretty darn good, and should always strive to have this much by 10 mins (or around 150 by 20 mins).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 18:58   Link #1355
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That may be the reason why I can't add Ak3mi, probably playing on the EU server
Old 2011-11-05, 00:18   Link #1356
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If there's one thing you should learn though, it's about last hitting minions (known as CS). By the 10 mins mark, if you can get 100 CS, you're pretty much perfect. But if you can get 80, you're still pretty darn good, and should always strive to have this much by 10 mins (or around 150 by 20 mins).
you should mention those numbers are based off solo top/mid and support/carry bot, if you manage that many and you're in a normal game w/o jungler or support and you're not mid it's very impressive . For mid I can usually manage 70~90 on Nidalee depending on who I lane againist(though I got 120 once against an awful karthus beside he let me free farm pretty much ), for solo top Irelia I don't think I get quite as much since she plays more passive pre-6.

Also brought Skarner with some left over RP, since he was on sale. It seems I am able to jungle him using my Irelia rune page(Arp marks, armor seals, MS% quints, and MR/lvl glyphs) til I can get a 4th page, though I need advice what mastery to use current I am using 1/19/10 it seems to work but wonder if it's best.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 01:18   Link #1357
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I dunno how I feel about the flash nerf... It's kind of dissapointing in the way that people will still be able to flash away from a gank, but I should be happy that it won't be as hard to chase them down.
And welp. CV nerf confuses me... probably something to do with people in ranked, I don't play ranked so... Yeahh...
Old 2011-11-05, 01:19   Link #1358
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Playing on EU (NE), had an average ELO @ ~1250, some 200 normal wins and 300 bot games, and I haven't played a ranked game ever since dominion came out...
Quote:
Go do bot games until you can totally dominate intermediate
Funny thing is, despite my experience I've still lost 18 bot games, and I even got owned in one
My CS is below average, around 200 at 30 mins but I didn't hit 100 till the 15min mark, but that's while laning with Lee sin X_x
So, any thoughts on mass surge/promote as a means of pushing turrets now that fortify's hitting the can?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-11-05 at 02:02.
Old 2011-11-05, 01:27   Link #1359
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

They'll probably do something to lessen the effect of mass surge/promote. Unless they want people to so people stop complaining about flash as the OP summoner spell (heh)
Old 2011-11-05, 01:33   Link #1360
Xacual

So after over a year of playing my account, I have only just hit level 30 today. Should I replace my crap tier 1 runes with tier 3 now?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol