AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 19:27   Link #6581
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It doesn't need to be a shoot on sight order - just let them know when a dangerous criminal has been sighted. Unless anyone who could can't anymore, that's certainly possible.
Yeah, I know, which is why I said it wasn't ideal. But I imagine even with a notification only warrant, some idiot in law enforcement might try to be a hero. And with the Huckebein family's policies (leave nothing alive), it'd only result in a massive slaughter.
Old 2012-11-01, 22:39   Link #6582
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They were in a holding area similar to the one the Numbers were held on (with grass and stuff). Apparently they all went to the bathroom and began enacting their escape.
What does SS6 plan to do? Re-educate them like the numbers?

Quote:
She was wearing glasses. We all know that makes you instantly unrecognisable.
Lol, superman reference.

Quote:
But that's all irrelevant in the face of Thoma and Caro: masters of the kitchen.
That's interesting. Wonder what's going on there?
Old 2012-11-01, 23:01   Link #6583
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What does SS6 plan to do? Re-educate them like the numbers?
Maybe. Still, they cooperated with the investigation and lead to a major arrest so it's only natural they get lenient treatment.

Quote:
That's interesting. Wonder what's going on there?
They were making a big picnic lunch for some reason.
Old 2012-11-01, 23:02   Link #6584
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Lol Carter's teleportation powers really came as a surprise to me...

...Lolo seems to be enjoying his antics a bit too much xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:14   Link #6585
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Spoiler:

Hoo boy, and people were whining about the Hucks.
Old 2012-12-02, 20:26   Link #6586
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Spoiler for Sleeping with the enemy:

Well, if he's the Big Bad that's almost a giveaway isn't?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-02, 20:27   Link #6587
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if he seriously injured one of the protagonists.
Old 2012-12-02, 20:39   Link #6588
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's ovbious logic, Curren can curbstomp the main cast almost all by herself, if Hardis can take on her, Veyron and Sonica ...he's by default able to curbstomp the main heroes with a hand tied on his back ....he's smug enough to let himself be captured and it's obvious that it was something he wanted to happen.

I know someone from Section Six is about to get it's butt handed to him/her by Curren, the truly interesting fight will be Veyron and Sonica's so well finally learn more about her exclusive abilities xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-02, 20:49   Link #6589
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I was refering to how many were complaining about how strong the Huckebeins are. The common counter argument was "Of course they're powerful, they're the antagonists!"

So now we have Vandin who is even stronger than the Hucks, and yet you say it's to be expected since he's an antagonist.

So the difference here must be because Vandin hasn't hurt any returning cast member yet.
Old 2012-12-02, 21:01   Link #6590
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Give him time, he's still on the sneaky part of his master plan xDU

...when he gets to what he wants or when the heroes or the Hucks manage to foil one of his main goals he'll most surely take off the gloves and start trashing butts left and right requiring a massive team up to finish him off xD

For now the Hucks seems to be trapped in an "Eviler than thou" scenario with Hardis

...and the Grendels are like the "Team Rocket" of the manga, they scaled dwon quickly from "being able to trounce Tohma" to getting quickly defeated by Nanoha alone xDU

EDIT: Curren has lost some points with me but it's not that bad as Hardis is most likely the Big Bad of the season not just some Elite Mook like in Cypha Vs. Signum's case ...if Curren gets to stomp someone with clear advantage she'll regain use of her badass credentials without problem.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-02, 21:26   Link #6591
Justin_Brett

Wait, where did they put Vandin? That cell looked like it was in the middle of nowhere, not the base they were using.

And I guess Curren's book is basically Noah's from Soul Eater, since it showed that vine in an illustration.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 21:45   Link #6592
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, the facility seems to be in some kind of wasteland, which isn't a bad idea for a prison. Still, his cell is really spacious.
Old 2012-12-02, 21:55   Link #6593
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He's still a company man I guess
Old 2012-12-03, 01:12   Link #6594
Justin_Brett

I'd almost think that was on purpose for a trap or something like that, except it took the whole chapter for them to show up.
Old 2012-12-03, 01:35   Link #6595
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol.... he can hold them off after all.
Old 2012-12-03, 03:03   Link #6596
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

What a sneaky bastard. Still, he's no Xanatos, Vetinari or Menendez.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 00:12   Link #6597
Kurohane

Quote:
I was refering to how many were complaining about how strong the Huckebeins are. The common counter argument was "Of course they're powerful, they're the antagonists!"

So now we have Vandin who is even stronger than the Hucks, and yet you say it's to be expected since he's an antagonist.

So the difference here must be because Vandin hasn't hurt any returning cast member yet.
Exactly, it's a double standard.

Hucks vs. SS6
-Battle: Hucks manage to escape, leaving SS6 to recooperate with varied injuries but no deaths.
-Response: They are overpowered, non-sympathetic bad guys that hurt our favorite characters.

Vandein vs. Hucks
-Battle: Vandein proves to give Hucks trouble, mostly is the one dealing blows than recieving. Battle gets interupted by SS6.
-Response: It is expected since he may be the main antagonist. They're unlikeable characters so we don't care about them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Give him time, he's still on the sneaky part of his master plan xDU

...when he gets to what he wants or when the heroes or the Hucks manage to foil one of his main goals he'll most surely take off the gloves and start trashing butts left and right requiring a massive team up to finish him off xD

For now the Hucks seems to be trapped in an "Eviler than thou" scenario with Hardis

...and the Grendels are like the "Team Rocket" of the manga, they scaled dwon quickly from "being able to trounce Tohma" to getting quickly defeated by Nanoha alone xDU
We really don't know that much to make such conclusions. The Hucks' motives are all in mystery, but one thing is clear is that they have as much as stake in this EC case than the other parties if not more. One of the hints lies in Curren's statement in the video examined by SS6: "We are only after bad people who put on "masks of good people". Vandein's motives are even less clear with hiring mercenaries to attack villages and spread the EC, creating replica dividers and reactors, and purposefully getting captured.

Also, about the Greandals, only Quien was trouncing Tohma, while the other three were doing other tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
What a sneaky bastard. Still, he's no Xanatos, Vetinari or Menendez.
True. I know Xanatos, and I think I know Menedez, but I have no clue who Veitinari is.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-12-04 at 13:35.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:01   Link #6598
Justin_Brett

By 'fans' do you mean Aki? I haven't even seen anyone talking about this chapter.

And goddamn, read Discworld.
Old 2012-12-04, 10:52   Link #6599
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Exactly, it's a double standard.

Hucks vs. SS6
-Battle: Hucks manage to escape, leaving SS6 to recooperate with varied injuries but no deaths.
-Fan response: They are overpowered, non-sympathetic bad guys that hurt our favorite characters.

Vandein vs. Hucks
-Battle: Vandein proves to give Hucks trouble, mostly is the one dealing blows than recieving. Battle gets interupted by SS6.
- Fan response: It is expected since he may be the main antagonist. They're unlikeable characters so we don't care about them anyway
That's why first impressions are important, the Hucks appeared and effortlessly trounced likable characters, some of them even portrayed as being among the strongest of the franchise (proving such assumptions wrong in the process xDU) and thus gatheres a sizable amount of hate or at least dislikeness from a big part of the fandom and thus when Hardis, a guy with all arrows pointing him as the big bad (a much more elaborate one than them and their cartoonish portrayal) gives them a taste of their own medicine it doesn't look as bad ...why? because in the eyes of the audience the Hucks actually deserve what's coming to them. SS6 were victims but the Hucks now are being subjected to indirect karmic justice here xD

Of course, i still feel bad for Curren cuz she's my star badass of the season but she wasn't humilliatingly curbstomped and she's still one of the driving forces of the current plot so she still have time to kicks more ass and take mroe names to her list.

Quote:
We really don't know that much to make such conclusions. The Hucks' motives are all in mystery, but one thing is clear is that they have as much as stake in this EC case than the other parties if not more. One of the hints lies in Curren's statement in the video examined by SS6: "We are only after bad people who put on "masks of good people". Vandein's motives are even less clear with hiring mercenaries to attack villages and spread the EC, creating replica dividers and reactors, and purposefully getting captured.
Curren is an interesting case (a so far my fav FORCE character because of that and being ultra badass), she claims to be pursuing Hardis because he's a villain with good publicity but she also makes no effort into hiding her own villany, during the debates about the Hucks it was brought several times that evil and good are relative factors and Curren probably thinks like that, that "the end justifies the means" and if she has a goal important enough all the harm she causes will be justified even if she's seen as a monster. And for now, stopping Hardis Vandin seems to be just as important.

As for Hardis, he seems to be a poor man's Yuuki Terumi (still waiting for the moment when he starts maniacally laughing at people's misery), he's saying he'll "save society" trough Eclipse when he was alone with his subbordinate, probably the guy thinks of himself as a "Well-Intentioned Extremist" and really has a plan to cleanse society of evil or disease trough the manipulations of the dangerous virus (take in consideration that Save" and "cleanse" could be a bad thing for the current population, just remember guys like Rah's al Ghul). Is strong enough to contain the former most powerfull fighter of the Nanohaverse and two of her allies while smiling and snarking all the way (obviously Hardis took the title away from Curren in the process xD). Mr. Vandin probably have all the pieces he need on the table already running on their own so it's more convenient for him to keep a low profile and letting himself to be captured by SS6 provides him with both a disposable elite squad to entertain the Huckebein as also means to make Curren and her family to look as even worse villains by forcing them to attack the TSAB directly in order to get to him.

He's still a far cry off true masterminds like Deathstroke, Gendou Ikari and Lex Luthor but the guy isn't half-bad either.

Quote:
Also, about the Greandals, only Quien was trouncing Tohma, while the other three were doing other tasks.
Carter "Goofball" Grendel was the one who trounced Tohma and their tasks followed a very simple goal "The TSAB have new shiny toys, we want those, let's take it xD". Thye were trying to steal Pikachu xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-04, 11:33   Link #6600
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

It seems their escape attempt was foiled by the double z rule

Tags
manga, nanoha force