AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 10:53   Link #1541
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

^ probably not, I mean Tigre's a boss with a bow and all but not many can use it all well as him especially against a full armored sword wielder on horse or something, like that part in vol1 where Tigre managed to break a shield using just arrows, unless you're that skilled it's not that effective for a solo weapion imo
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:37   Link #1542
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXitus View Post
Victor certainly would have Tigre deported back to Brune if he could... he is an existence that threatens the power balance of his country, or rather HIS power as a whole. While the Vanadis are in the face of the people are his strongest warriors, they don't particularly like him that much. Tigre on the other hand has atleast two Vanadis that openly approve of him (Sophia likes him, but is politicaly well versed, so she doesn't show it.) and show that clearly. Not to mention that, under the right circumstances, one word from him could bring rise to an army from Brune. What makes matters worse for Victor is the position of the two Vanadis that are on Tigre's side... their terretory is right next to Brune, even worse, Leitmeritz is right next to Tigre's old terretory...

If I were in Victor's shoes, I'd be extremely careful how I "deal" with Tigre... he destroyed the power balance of a whole country "just" to safe one small terretory. So if Victor makes a really stupid move, he get's an all out war with Brune, including an rebellion of atleast 2 Vanadis... maybe even up to 5, depending how Sophia, Sasha and Olga feel about it. God, I bet Victor really wishes to deport him back to Brune alot sooner than the 3 years he would normally sit in Zechted.

EDIT: Btw. do you guys think that Archers get somewhat more popular in Brune now? After all there is an hero who uses nothing but a bow and actually showed clearly that he is in no way inferior to some mighty sword wielder.
Per Volume 6, no, he is a national hero who saved the Queen, and he still considered a "Bowman from the frontiers" and thus unworthy of the royal garden.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 15:45   Link #1543
eXitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Per Volume 6, no, he is a national hero who saved the Queen, and he still considered a "Bowman from the frontiers" and thus unworthy of the royal garden.
Umm, could you elaborate on what exactly you mean?
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 16:07   Link #1544
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Umm, could you elaborate on what exactly you mean?

I already said it 3 - 4 times in the last few pages. Hence the "Maid swarm", because the nobles don't want him become King because he, despite being an national hero, still is a bowman from the frontiers.
Old 2013-04-25, 19:55   Link #1545
eXitus

Well yes, but that has nothing to do with how the "normal" people or the soldiers look at archers from this point on.

While it is true that the noble's won't aknowledge him, the whole "bowman from the frontiers" is - like always - just a pretense because they don't want a new guy in the power balance. Especially not someone as troublesome to deal with, like Tigre, who has clearly shown that he won't hesitate to destroy an powerful noble for some small terretory on the borders. And since they can't do anything big, without reaping huge consequences, they hate him all the more.
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
Old 2013-04-25, 20:21   Link #1546
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Well yes, but that has nothing to do with how the "normal" people or the soldiers look at archers from this point on.

While it is true that the noble's won't aknowledge him, the whole "bowman from the frontiers" is - like always - just a pretense because they don't want a new guy in the power balance. Especially not someone as troublesome to deal with, like Tigre, who has clearly shown that he won't hesitate to destroy an powerful noble for some small terretory on the borders. And since they can't do anything big, without reaping huge consequences, they hate him all the more.
Well, I agree that the common people would probably think better of archers.

That doesn't mean it'll translate to any significant pitch change-up in the military order, though.

Aside from the fact that the pride of the noblemen will probably stall the creation of a proper Archer Corps of sorts, it takes time to train a significant batch of skilled footmen archers (read: years), and longer still if you want mounted archers in the style of the Parthians. Preferably you'd need to scout kids like a regular Arsene Wenger.

And no one is even going to get close to Tigre within the next decade. He combines the Parthian thing with Mongol/Mameluke multiple arrow shooting, which is a result of training since childhood and natural skill. Without a qualified medieval archery club in every village you're not going to find these people. Realistically it's a second-generation thing.

On a macro scale, it'll also take some time to train armies in tactics that incorporate these new troops, especially for Brune, whose specialty is the Crusader-era heavy cavalry charge, the antithesis of archery (though ultimately it is the archers who would be vindicated by history )

So yeah, things will probably change, but with some time. An increase in Tigre's prestige will definitely help speed things along though.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 21:23   Link #1547
eXitus

His prestige should be no problem, right? He is the protagonist after all, so he shall bring forth exploits be they big or small, but it should be alot of both.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:59   Link #1548
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
His prestige should be no problem, right? He is the protagonist after all, so he shall bring forth exploits be they big or small, but it should be alot of both.
Well, if it is that easy, V6 would involve Regin breastfeeding the new crown prince, Ellen would be having a baby shower with fellow Vandris, while Tigre, Garrick and Rudrick is busy hunting some elusive animal because Tita is having weird craving.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:24   Link #1549
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Unfortunately, it's not quite going to be that simple.

Tigre's next 2 and something years are going to be pretty tough, seeing as that a lot can still happen in Asvarre, what with all the moves that have yet to be played and all.

And knowing this universe/genre, his success is likely to complicate things even more, in more ways than one.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 23:18   Link #1550
eXitus

First of all, to make a few vanadis+a queen+a maid(teita) to bear the children of only one man... that makes even the term "big exploit" seem like a severe understatement.

Exactly because his next 2 and a half years in "enemy" terretory will not be easy, will give it even more meaning.

If it was not complicate(d), it wouldn't be as interesting. Normally an LN has the first few volumes end for themselves, while this LN needs five volumes just to get the story from volume 1 to end.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:08   Link #1551
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
Well, if it is that easy, V6 would involve Regin breastfeeding the new crown prince, Ellen would be having a baby shower with fellow Vandris, while Tigre, Garrick and Rudrick is busy hunting some elusive animal because Tita is having weird craving.

nice comment, I lol hard at that. I would be happy if madan no ou ending turn out to be like that
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:07   Link #1552
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
nice comment, I lol hard at that. I would be happy if madan no ou ending turn out to be like that
It probably wouldn't though, authors need to make money, and an harem ending is probably not in their mind. (Or any kind of ending). It will end with more and more women until everyone lose interest
Old 2013-04-26, 09:47   Link #1553
kazzuya13

Quote:
It probably wouldn't though, authors need to make money, and an harem ending is probably not in their mind. (Or any kind of ending). It will end with more and more women until everyone lose interest
You mean just milking the hell out of it.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:05   Link #1554
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I still believe the author can prove he is not just writing a ordinary Love-Com romance War by creating an EVIL female antagonist, like for example, not giving Tigre the choice between the two evil Ashevre Prince and a pure good princess, but instead make him realize the "Good" Princess is evil as they come and the Vandris has to come and pull him out.

It would make really great drama and story. But actually happening?
Old 2013-04-26, 10:20   Link #1555
eXitus

Quote:
I still believe the author can prove he is not just writing a ordinary Love-Com romance War by creating an EVIL female antagonist, like for example, not giving Tigre the choice between the two evil Ashevre Prince and a pure good princess, but instead make him realize the "Good" Princess is evil as they come and the Vandris has to come and pull him out.

If she is NOT evil, then it would be pretty bad. After all, Tigre has already a queen waiting for him. If he gets yet another queen who is willing to marry him, or rather, wants to marry him really badly... doesn't that spell the beginning of a war between Brune and Asvarre? No matter how you look at it, to marry two queens from two different country's... the term "polygamy" just doesn't cut it anymore to justify that.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:54   Link #1556
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:

Tsukasa-san is probably a melancholic guy considering he always repeat the same fact 10 fcking times in a chapter.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:34   Link #1557
eXitus

Even so, the story is good, so I don't mind his melancholic writing.

Btw. cramped, how are your projects coming along? Still doing MnOtV?
Old 2013-04-26, 11:40   Link #1558
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Tsukasa-san is probably a melancholic guy considering he always repeat the same fact 10 fcking times in a chapter.
I am not sure if he repeat the same facts 10 times in a chapter, I do note he is a bit contradictory with Ellen. In one chapter she would get jealous, another Chapter suggest she is ok with Lum marrying Tigre, another time she suggest threesome is ok.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:41   Link #1559
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
If she is NOT evil, then it would be pretty bad. After all, Tigre has already a queen waiting for him. If he gets yet another queen who is willing to marry him, or rather, wants to marry him really badly... doesn't that spell the beginning of a war between Brune and Asvarre? No matter how you look at it, to marry two queens from two different country's... the term "polygamy" just doesn't cut it anymore to justify that.
But that is standard Japanese harem LN style you know....and the current author clearly shows he is not above that.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:54   Link #1560
kazzuya13

Quote:
But that is standard Japanese harem LN style you know....and the current author clearly shows he is not above that.
Who knows that Tigre might become the reason for a world war just like in "ORE GA HEROINE O TASUKESUGITE SEKAI GA LITTLE MOKUSHIROKU!?" in which the protagonist became the hero of multiple conquest because of his indecisiveness (in which implied by an invisible that he only can see)
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)