AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-01, 09:29   Link #22601
RDNexus

Animation and pacing-wise (depending of how far they wanna take it), they could take cues from the Manga, I guess.
But in the Chara Design department, AniDB's staff section for the series states TakayaKi as Original Chara Designer.
Also, Yue's design in the latest promo art for the series seems to be inspired by the LN artwork.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 01:36   Link #22602
Shirayuki44
I Love Anime

Well the heroines are perfect and beautiful so no need some changes,

For hajime a demon king like character a Cool, Badass, Haughty, Arrogant, Cruel Savage Bastard (tio the one said that in sky world)

It was kinda shame we cannot see in Anime his latest weapon Metzelei Disaster, Agni Orkan, Gattling Pile Bunker, Schlagen AA, Cross Velt, Grim Reaper and Hyperion

I wish the anime is a huge hit.!

Last edited by Shirayuki44; 2018-11-02 at 04:31.
Shirayuki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 12:50   Link #22603
silenceblade

I never liked how Hajime had a harem outside the four main heroines. Ako and Shizuku both knew Hajime before he 'broke' yet only develop feeling for him afterward. If they really did like him it should have been from the start.

The extra heroines don't seem like a good match for him. Also, I don't like the nickname Demon king . The demon king is a title given to the king of the devil race. Hajime can even be stated to a natural enemy of the devil race.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 13:28   Link #22604
RDNexus

Well...Shizuku has the excuse of having always put Kaori's happiness before hers, so she might've simply not thought much of it before.
And Ako is a teacher, so she had that much on the plate since Day1.
Heck, the author actually tried to arrange decent enough excuses for each girl outside the Main Quartet having fallen for Hajime late into the game

And Demon Lord, nowadays, AFAIK, seems more of a title for someone who does less than good deeds or strikes fear in the hearts of everyone around, maybe even his/her own allies.
Old 2018-11-02, 14:12   Link #22605
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
I never liked how Hajime had a harem outside the four main heroines. Ako and Shizuku both knew Hajime before he 'broke' yet only develop feeling for him afterward. If they really did like him it should have been from the start.

The extra heroines don't seem like a good match for him. Also, I don't like the nickname Demon king . The demon king is a title given to the king of the devil race. Hajime can even be stated to a natural enemy of the devil race.
Why would Aiko and Shizuku develop feelings for Hajime before his transformation? The Hajime of Japan was merely Aiko's student who slept during classes and was far from the reliable pillar Shizuku so dearly wished for.

Saying that they should have loved Hajime from the beginning is a fallacy, since the Hajime of before didn't have the qualities they sought or needed from a man.

As for the Demon King title, keep in mind that it's not merely used for someone who's the king of demons, but a synonym for absolute evil. Although I do agree as well that sharing that title with the king of the devil race from Tortus is kind of meh. Thankfully Hajime has evolved into a Demon God by now.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 15:13   Link #22606
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post

In fact, I think most of Hajime's harem member are somehow off...the only one that are more or less acceptable: Yue, Kaori and Shizuku...In my opinion that's it's..
Shia: Just a simple no, she loves a abusive dude because of a vision...and somehow from the very start???...
Tio: A pile bunker that pierced an armor made form strongest metal in Tortus in her ass.....what shit..
Remia: Feeling grattiude from the dude that saved your daughter is normal, loving romantically instantlly not, and she had no further development...
Aiko: A teacher should know what a CPR are...
Lily: he ignored you for entire series, I think lily ending up with Hero (LOL) would be more logical, albeit bad for her...
Acceptable:
Yue: sealed for 300 years and a dude saved her from dat and a big ass scorpion..okdish..

Kaori: loved him before dat..and somehow still see kindness in the after abyss version...can go through it
Shizuku:the most realistic one for obvious reason..didn't love him from the very start and had development..
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 17:19   Link #22607
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
Shia: Just a simple no, she loves a abusive dude because of a vision...and somehow from the very start???...
Wait, what? Did we read the same story?

Shea didn't love Hajime from the start and neither was it because of her vision. What made Shea fall for Hajime was the fact that he decided to take on the whole Verbergen as an enemy in order to protect their promise.

Quote:
Tio: A pile bunker that pierced an armor made form strongest metal in Tortus in her ass.....what shit..
As for Tio, while that pile bunker was the reason of her transformation into a masochist, that's not the sole reason as for why she fell for Hajime. Tio saw in Hajime the hope of finally going against the mad gods and freeing their world and people from their oppression.

For Tio, Hajime was basically that ray of hope she's been searching for over 500 years. Moreover, it was not something which happened instantaneously either.

Spoiler for Chapter 146 of the WN:

Quote:
Aiko: A teacher should know what a CPR are...
Wut? That wasn't even close to the reason why Aiko fell for Hajime. The reason she fell for him was because of what Hajime did with Shimizu in order to prevent her mind from breaking out of guilty. Moreover, later on Hajime cemented her feelings by giving her a way to live on with her feelings of guilty after having exploded the entire church and its residents.

Honestly speaking, the development of Aiko's feelings were one of the best in the story; second only to Shizuku's.

PS: You should go reread the novel. Most of what you said couldn't be farther from the actual truth.

Last edited by Ophis; 2018-11-02 at 17:33.
Old 2018-11-02, 17:33   Link #22608
Triok123

^That's true, but the fact Shia decide to follow Hajime despite the fact he was still an ass definitely felt odd to me (maybe because she was annoying as shit back then), and while Tio's reason to love is as you said, the way history insert her to the harem also felt weird (in my opinion, which is likely to be biased, because those character are the one I like least)

About Aiko, the CPR definetly played a part I agree that Hajime consideration is the cement for her feeling, but she having the second best development is a big nope..I think even Kaori's struggle between the past Hajime and actual Hajime, and then her inferiority complex is by far better
Quote:
Th-That was just CPR! He just did it to save my life, there was no deeper meaning behind it! Th-There was nothing enjoyable about being kissed so roughly! I definitely did NOT enjoy that!
Quote:
PS: You should go reread the novel. Most of what you said couldn't be farther from the actual truth.
will do, memory may be mixing up..

Last edited by Triok123; 2018-11-02 at 17:50.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 19:26   Link #22609
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
^That's true, but the fact Shia decide to follow Hajime despite the fact he was still an ass definitely felt odd to me (maybe because she was annoying as shit back then)
Shea didn't decide to follow Hajime, but Hajime AND Yue. Shea decided to follow them because she wanted to both not bring any more tragedy to her family by being with them and because both Hajime and Yue were existences similar to hers. In a nutshell, Shea found solace in knowing that she wasn't alone, that she wasn't the sole "monster" in the world.
Old 2018-11-02, 21:11   Link #22610
silenceblade

Shia was questioning why she liked Hajime at the beginning. Considering how broken he was, it was doubtful why anyone would had feelings for him (excluding Yue who was in a similar situation).
Old 2018-11-03, 04:16   Link #22611
Nazotoria maid x

this week
at least shia said that she is hajime's wife, god slaying demon king hajime cometh
Nazotoria maid x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 06:17   Link #22612
Algester

ok let's break it down

Yue: Hajime saved her from being lonely in that dark place at the bottom of Orcus Dungeon

Shia/Shea: because of her mother's vision about meeting her soon to be friends

Tio: She really wanted someone stronger than her (think of it like a Amazonian story strong women want strong genes)

Kaori: well we get the gist Hajime's personality for standing up for the weak got her attention

Lily: ehhh...

Shizuku: Well she somehow got what she really wanted

Aiko: who knows... life and death situation certainly helps

Remia: I mean... well I guess giving Myuu a father figure is certainly very helpful??
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 06:27   Link #22613
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
ok let's break it down

Yue: Hajime saved her from being lonely in that dark place at the bottom of Orcus Dungeon
he risked his life to save her(who had been betrayed by her own subjects and family), a total stranger
Quote:
Shia/Shea: because of her mother's vision about meeting her soon to be friends
no, because he stand out to save her clan even though he doesn't need to, he somewhat like her: a "monster"
Quote:
Tio: She really wanted someone stronger than her (think of it like a Amazonian story strong women want strong genes)
no, she first follow him because she saw in him the potential to fight God and rescue her race of their hiding

Quote:
Lily: ehhh...
he answer her call for help and saved her from getting raped by the pig prince

Quote:
Aiko: who knows... life and death situation certainly helps
no, he answer her request to save the town and even dirty his hand to prevent her from getting drown in guilt conscience
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 06:32   Link #22614
RDNexus

Like I said before, the author kinda managed to find ways to justify each of the girls falling for Hajime, no matter how cliché or crazy it might've seemed at the time. One can't only look at one side of the reasoning for their convenience, you gotta take all points into consideration.
Old 2018-11-03, 06:53   Link #22615
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Man, I was hoping for more chapter today Feels like the author is rushing it, but I do share the sentiments with others that I got bored with this arc (sorry shia...). However, I wanted Shia to have a solo fight with the goddess first before Hajime comes in though But I guess this way is okay too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 15:11   Link #22616
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
he risked his life to save her(who had been betrayed by her own subjects and family), a total stranger

no, because he stand out to save her clan even though he doesn't need to, he somewhat like her: a "monster"

no, she first follow him because she saw in him the potential to fight God and rescue her race of their hiding

he answer her call for help and saved her from getting raped by the pig prince

no, he answer her request to save the town and even dirty his hand to prevent her from getting drown in guilt conscience
eh I'm just using what has been stated with both the WN and LNs

as Tio's own grandfather said Tio wont marry anyone who can't beat her, she got that in Hajime I mean yeah sure she became a masochist but never judge a book by it's cover (hours before the final battle); and it has been the dragonfolk's tradition of acquiring answers why they were "exiled" to begin with its not about defeating Ehito after all she even admits that at the end of it revenge isnt ultimately the answer to her own journey as defeating Ehito out of vengeance would tarnish her pride as the princess of the Klarus clan

as for Shia her mother did prophesied her meeting with Hajime and Yue one who becomes her friend; Yue and one who becomes her lover; Hajime (Vol 2 side story) she inherited her foresight from her mother; saving her clan just became a secondary objective which wasnt fulfilled until Volume 7 and cemented in Volume 8 as hostilities between Verbergen and Halua Clan came to a halt

Last edited by Algester; 2018-11-03 at 15:24.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 19:00   Link #22617
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:

as Tio's own grandfather said Tio wont marry anyone who can't beat her, she got that in Hajime I mean yeah sure she became a masochist but never judge a book by it's cover (hours before the final battle); and it has been the dragonfolk's tradition of acquiring answers why they were "exiled" to begin with its not about defeating Ehito after all she even admits that at the end of it revenge isnt ultimately the answer to her own journey as defeating Ehito out of vengeance would tarnish her pride as the princess of the Klarus clan
Revenge isn't what their dragon clan seek, but that doesn't mean they don't seek to defeat the mad gods. Defeating the mad gods could be said to be an extension of their clan's duty as 'protectors'.

Quote:
as for Shia her mother did prophesied her meeting with Hajime and Yue one who becomes her friend; Yue and one who becomes her lover; Hajime (Vol 2 side story) she inherited her foresight from her mother; saving her clan just became a secondary objective which wasnt fulfilled until Volume 7 and cemented in Volume 8 as hostilities between Verbergen and Halua Clan came to a halt
Completely wrong. Shea's didn't inherit any power from her, for Mona didn't have any foresight abilities. Heck, her mother couldn't use any sort of magic at all.

Shea falling for Hajime had nothing to do with her her mother's 'prediction'; it was strictly because he saved their clan from the canyon and then later kept the promise he did with Shea even when there was no need to. Hajime being a monster like Shea was a bonus though.

PS: The Haulia clan was completely safe and sound by the end of volume 2. The happenings of volume 7 and 8 were merely an extension of the Haulia trying to extend their hands to all rabitmen.
Old 2018-11-03, 19:09   Link #22618
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:

So do I
Like I said: "at first"
Not exactly, with her clan are now able to protect themselves and no longer had to feared getting attacked by both beastmen and humans, they can be considered had been saved at the end of Shea first arc, and Shia doesn't love Hajime Just because her mother predicted so
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 08:58   Link #22619
silenceblade

I wonder if Hajime never fell into the Abyss would anything have change?

According to Kaori, Hajime was special. At the very least his intelligence (particularly his invention skill) and determination already existed as shown during his time in the upper level of Orcus.

The only thing difference would be his battle skill and his disregard for life (to be honest whether it is the current or old Hajime, he doesn't seem like the type to save the world, only those near him).

His feeling for the four main heroines seem true, however his relationship with the others seem unnatural.
Old 2018-11-04, 10:24   Link #22620
darkofficer
just a devil

if he never fell in the abyss, kaori would happen

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel