AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 22:37   Link #1
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Post a picture of your PC gaming/desktop rig. (or what you watch anime on)

Well I made this thread becuase i belive a thread similar to this existed before the forum crash so I will start of with 2 of my PC's.
Also feel free to post the specs of your PC also.

This is one I recentlygave a physical overhaul with a new case. It is my anime PC/gameing.
Spoiler:

This one is my soon to be main gameing rig but right now it is basically something nice to look at.
Spoiler:
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:12   Link #2
Pinklynx

Send a message via MSN to Pinklynx
Uh..sorry to spoil your fun but there is a "post you own desktop" thread already in this section of the forums
Pinklynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:23   Link #3
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinklynx
Uh..sorry to spoil your fun but there is a "post you own desktop" thread already in this section of the forums
I guess you cannot read
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:23   Link #4
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

It's not a desktop thread persay, it's a "post what your computer looks like from the outside" thread.

Sorry, I don't have any at the moment.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 03:10   Link #5
Pinklynx

Send a message via MSN to Pinklynx
Ah,then I apologise for my mistake(albeit I still have no idea what is the difference between the two)
Pinklynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 22:36   Link #6
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinklynx
Ah,then I apologise for my mistake(albeit I still have no idea what is the difference between the two)
This difference is this:

The other thread -- The Post Your Desktop Thread -- is for posting images of your "graphical user interfaces" (GUI)

Example:

Click for larger version
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop

In computing, the term is used figuratively. Many graphical user interfaces (GUI) use a desktop metaphor. It consists of the screen contents "below" any windows, hence what is on the screen before any windows are opened, and what reappears when windows are closed. It usually shows icons for programs, documents or folders and possibly an image as wallpaper.
This thread, the one we're currently posting in, is for pictures of your "hardware."

Example:

Click for larger version
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop

When talking about computer hardware, a desktop computer is a personal computer that is too large to carry and designed to remain in the same place.
And that's the difference between the two threads: this thread, "hardware"; the other thread, "software".

Edit: I changed the name of the thread to include people that might want to post their PC/Mac hardware that they watch fansubs on.

Cheers.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-08 at 23:11. Reason: SomHey, did somebody step on a duck?
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 22:51   Link #7
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

My PC? Who cares? Uh, here...

Spoiler:

I pimped it out with a GNU/Linux sticker. But the CD-R drive is broken now so that kinda cancels it out.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 14:49   Link #8
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

My Mac Mini:

Somewhere After I threw all that crap somewhere else (the floor):

Edit: ZOMG MY MINI IS STINKING!!11111 That stain on the front by the CD drive!? I really should be cleaner around the place..
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 20:00   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

This might not be relevant to this thread at all, but is there a way to connect platform engine like PS2 to CPU? I mean so I can play platform using PC screen. ^-^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 21:02   Link #10
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
This might not be relevant to this thread at all, but is there a way to connect platform engine like PS2 to CPU? I mean so I can play platform using PC screen. ^-^
Not sure if I should move your question into our Games Forum, but you could use something like this:

- Viewsonic Viewbox Tv Tuner Box For Monitors (Vb50Hrtv)
Quote:
Consolidate your screens with this clever accessory that transforms your flat-panel LCD or standard CRT monitor into a fully functional higher-definition TV, with cable, video game console, VCR, and DVD connectivity. Forget about having a separate den and office; combine the two and do your computing and your entertainment viewing on the same screen.
If nobody else has a better suggestion here, I'll move your question into that other forum. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 05:10   Link #11
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Not sure if I should move your question into our Games Forum, but you could use something like this:

- Viewsonic Viewbox Tv Tuner Box For Monitors (Vb50Hrtv) If nobody else has a better suggestion here, I'll move your question into that other forum. Cheers.
That thing looks amazing!!! You can watch TV on your LCD monitor too. 0_o

It's exactly what I'm looking for to add to my desktop setup. Unfortuntely they won't let me buy it yet, it's just out of stock. Thank you so much for hooking me up, Catgirls. I definitely want one of those now. ^-^
Old 2006-01-10, 05:51   Link #12
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I just have a generic case... I'm kinda cheap that way and bought a better graphics card instead... I'm not going to bother wasting bandwith with the picture - it's really ugly.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 06:45   Link #13
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

My comp looks pretty bad, I just build it from stuff that's on sale. But it works, and it's fast enough for my uses.

TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 07:49   Link #14
Hiko Seijuro
Rurouni

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro
Heres a picture of my pc.
Hiko Seijuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 11:40   Link #15
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Spoiler for My Rig:

Spoiler for My Desktop:
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:41   Link #16
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onibaba
Spoiler for My Rig:
Shuttle is great! But with a combo drive ( I mean a [CD/DVD/CD burner/DVD burner]drive ), here's mine, I took this photo during last summer, but that's pretty much the same now:

Spoiler for Summer Desktop:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu-Odjn
This mini seems nice too
Old 2006-01-14, 16:02   Link #17
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Shuttle is great! But with a combo drive ( I mean a [CD/DVD/CD burner/DVD burner]drive ), here's mine, I took this photo during last summer, but that's pretty much the same now:

Spoiler for Summer Desktop:
What's a shuttle? That looks pretty neat. I never seen that kind of motherboard before. Don't think they sell it where I live.
Old 2006-01-14, 22:11   Link #18
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
What's a shuttle? That looks pretty neat. I never seen that kind of motherboard before. Don't think they sell it where I live.
A shuttle is like a mini PC The motherboard, the sound card and the video card are included. You can customize it by choosing the processor, the hard disk, the memory and the drive. But you can also replace the video or the sound card if you want to put a better one
But I chose it especially for its size (not mentioning its design )...yeah my room is small and I don't have too much place...^^;

You can find more info here

Btw, mine is an old model , there are plenty of new beautiful ones
Old 2006-01-15, 00:21   Link #19
Renyulb28
Helpful Bystander

Here's my boring Dell dimension with a 160gb second hd and ati video card with tv out, pretty comfortable to watch anime on
Renyulb28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 00:27   Link #20
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
A shuttle is like a mini PC The motherboard, the sound card and the video card are included. You can customize it by choosing the processor, the hard disk, the memory and the drive. But you can also replace the video or the sound card if you want to put a better one
But I chose it especially for its size (not mentioning its design )...yeah my room is small and I don't have too much place...^^;

You can find more info here

Btw, mine is an old model , there are plenty of new beautiful ones
Damn. Looks like you can't get one of those if you live in the USA.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote