Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2003-12-20, 16:38   Link #1
Yuuko_Hajiwara
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to Yuuko_Hajiwara
D. N. Angel

What do you people think of the manga of D. N. Angel? Is it readily available in the USA anywhere?

I read some summaries of the manga online and it sounded good, so I started watching the anime. I thought the anime was really cute but many people who'd read the manga told me that it was nothing compared to the manga. The storyline in several places changed a bit, and it seems the characters and their relationships changed some as well. Though both are good according to fans who's seen/read both, I'd like to try the manga to see what it's like.

Also, I love the artwork of this series, the drawings, especially of the eyes, and of Daisuke and Dark are so amazingly well done!
Yuuko_Hajiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 20:16   Link #2
Muraki
Dreamer

DNAngel is liscensed by Tokyopop and should be out in around April (Street date) its on their site...
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 21:09   Link #3
Yuuko_Hajiwara
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to Yuuko_Hajiwara
Cool! By the way is the japanese manga finished? How many volumes is it?
Yuuko_Hajiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 16:00   Link #4
Sakuba
Student of the Fung Huo

I think the anime is really cute, and so are the two twins, the anime is good even though i have not read the anime, i would like to read some.

if you know the website can you email me or give me a private message.

go to www.phoenisakuba.cjb.net to get details on weapons and some anime.

if you do go plz make an entry if you want any D. N. Angel pics on my site
Sakuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 21:27   Link #5
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

the ending wasnt as satisfying as id hoped it to be. The series was great altogether tho.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 14:57   Link #6
Ruta

Send a message via MSN to Ruta
Volumes 1-9 of the manga are out, as far as I know. They're really great, I love them. But the story is not done. I heard it's going to be 10 volumes, which makes sense. It seemed like it was coming to a close in volume 9. Well, maybe not. But, if it is only going to be ten volumes, it's probably already been serialised in Asuka in Japan. Just need to wait for the final tankoubon.

Anyhow, the manga isn't even comparable to the anime. I was so excited when I heard there was going to be an anime, being a fan of the manga. The anime just made me mad, it was so different. It was terrible! Ah! It upsets me.
Ruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 18:59   Link #7
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruta
Volumes 1-9 of the manga are out, as far as I know. They're really great, I love them. But the story is not done. I heard it's going to be 10 volumes, which makes sense. It seemed like it was coming to a close in volume 9. Well, maybe not. But, if it is only going to be ten volumes, it's probably already been serialised in Asuka in Japan. Just need to wait for the final tankoubon.

Anyhow, the manga isn't even comparable to the anime. I was so excited when I heard there was going to be an anime, being a fan of the manga. The anime just made me mad, it was so different. It was terrible! Ah! It upsets me.
makes me excited about the manga than. You always go for the one that sucks more.... than later u read/watch the better one. So u wont get disappointed. Thats wat i did with Love Hina too.... lol

in tokyopop.com it lists vol. 1~8. Maybe its the volumes planned to come out during 2004 i dont know.
Old 2003-12-28, 21:16   Link #8
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro

in tokyopop.com it lists vol. 1~8. Maybe its the volumes planned to come out during 2004 i dont know.
The first issue is released in April 2004, with new issues being released every 2 months. Ten issues will take about 1 year and 8 months to release fully, the last one being released around December 2005 / January 2006. I hate the slow release schedule of English graphic novels...
Old 2003-12-28, 22:33   Link #9
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
The first issue is released in April 2004, with new issues being released every 2 months. Ten issues will take about 1 year and 8 months to release fully, the last one being released around December 2005 / January 2006. I hate the slow release schedule of English graphic novels...
yea this sucks... but it lists only 8 volumes on the site.
Old 2003-12-29, 04:21   Link #10
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
yea this sucks... but it lists only 8 volumes on the site.
Probably there were only 8 volumes in Japan too when they put up the DNAngel page a few months back. They probably don't update the page for every series immediatly when new volumes are written for a series.
Old 2004-04-11, 20:21   Link #11
Rasengan

Sorry to bump this old thread. But has anyone read DNAngel up to volume 9-10? I just have one question, does umm, Dark actually like Risa now? Because I would really not want that to happen. Since Satoshi seems to like her, and that is already pissing me off, now Dark too?!... Doesn't Dark like Riku...? (I hate Risa, because she's so feminin and seem to think the world revolves around her, I like Riku alot better).

If anyone know the answer, or have a comment to make on this, please reply, I'm getting quiet frustrated x__x. Thanks.
Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 02:03   Link #12
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I just got the DNAngel vol 1 by Tokyopop, and the bad thing is that they took out all the honorifics and made everyone call each other by their first name.

This is going to change some major plot events down the road...I wonder what Tokyopop was thinking? Did they actually read the volumes or did they just read volume one and translated it without reading volume 2+ and get a better grip on the story?
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 03:38   Link #13
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

Quote:
Sorry to bump this old thread. But has anyone read DNAngel up to volume 9-10? I just have one question, does umm, Dark actually like Risa now? Because I would really not want that to happen. Since Satoshi seems to like her, and that is already pissing me off, now Dark too?!... Doesn't Dark like Riku...? (I hate Risa, because she's so feminin and seem to think the world revolves around her, I like Riku alot better).

I already read DNAngel up to Volume 10 liao..., No I Think Dark Doesn't like Risa( i think a little...) at nearly the End of Volume 10 Dark Hug Risa and Tell her not to chase after him already.... Because Dark can't Live with her... I mean.... Dark can't live inside Daisuke after Daisuke has Riku.... I think thats all i can say....

I Like Riku alot too....^_^
WeeJie354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 10:23   Link #14
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
[...]and the bad thing is that they took out all the honorifics and made everyone call each other by their first name.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why can't they just learn to keep them in the story and instead include an explanation for those who might not know about honorifics!?

Argh, I hate it when companies do that.
Old 2004-04-13, 10:45   Link #15
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Whaaa!!! I'm so happy! I've just discovered that D.N.Angel has been released in French (Edition Glénat) they've released 2 volumes so far, yeah! I'm gonna get them for sure!

I hope they leave all the honorifics in the translation
Old 2004-04-16, 12:10   Link #16
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
I bought the first vol of the swedish edition this week and I like it, gonna buy the 3 other volumes that are already out in swedish this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I just got the DNAngel vol 1 by Tokyopop, and the bad thing is that they took out all the honorifics and made everyone call each other by their first name.
Poor thing, they´re there in the Swe edition.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 10:39   Link #17
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I was tempted to buy DN Angel Vol1 the other day, but I just can't support a release like that. Name changes and no honorifics in a seires like that = BAAAAD
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:18   Link #18
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
I already read DNAngel up to Volume 10 liao..., No I Think Dark Doesn't like Risa( i think a little...) at nearly the End of Volume 10 Dark Hug Risa and Tell her not to chase after him already.... Because Dark can't Live with her... I mean.... Dark can't live inside Daisuke after Daisuke has Riku.... I think thats all i can say....

I Like Riku alot too....^_^
i love riku too!!! risa is just annoying.....

Spoiler:
yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 08:40   Link #19
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

Red face

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why can't they just learn to keep them in the story and instead include an explanation for those who might
not know about honorifics!?

Argh, I hate it when companies do that.

Ha Ha I'm sorry for that... so I will not be talking about it again...

I think Satoshi and Risa will be Great nice couple too... But first thing...I think Krad with not accept it and try to break them up...that is wat i think....

I Like Riku to be with Daisuke but not Dark....
WeeJie354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 12:28   Link #20
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Wee!!! The French edition haven't taken out the honorifics! ( I love you Glénat Edition! Mwha! )

Now /me waits impatiently for volume 3! Believe me, I love the anime, but the manga is much more better!

Tags
shoujo