AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Divers - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 58.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-05, 03:52   Link #41
Skaddix

This game aint new no excuse not to find an online forum (or whatever the equivalent is) or look at the in game map.

I had half a dozen sites for maplestory alone in the late 90 and early 00s and the internet was crap back then.

Its protags being dumb for the plot. Which is bad when one friend is suppose to the smart fanboy type.
Skaddix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 03:54   Link #42
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I know I would (even my 14-year-old self). Especially if I want to avoid the goddamn annoying sand as much as possible.

If you say so.
Next you're going to tell me the Jedi are Evil.
Skaddix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 04:00   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
This game aint new no excuse not to find an online forum (or whatever the equivalent is) or look at the in game map.

I had half a dozen sites for maplestory alone in the late 90 and early 00s and the internet was crap back then.

Its protags being dumb for the plot. Which is bad when one friend is suppose to be the smart fanboy type.
Precisely. And not only the net-community, the official GBN staffs must also provide proper info for its players as well, if we talk about simple business logic.

Quote:
Old 2018-05-05, 04:03   Link #44
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so is the fake Shahryar's Xamdrag actually transforms into a Gundam Legilis? despite how different the design looked along with its weapons.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 04:07   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ yeah, it is so different to the point where it looks rather original.
Old 2018-05-05, 04:08   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I didn't see much of a resemblance to the Legilis in its head or limbs.
Old 2018-05-05, 04:14   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ how about Blitz?
Old 2018-05-05, 04:15   Link #48
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

the Xamdrag is also equipped with Gundam Sandrock-styled Heat Shotels which sort of fits the middle eastern theme, funny enough the Vagan Gear also has Shotel-like weapons on its arms used for melee.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 04:17   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ how about Blitz?
Nothing like Blitz. Honestly it reminded me mainly of Gundam The End, and even then on close inspection it's not even a close match.
Old 2018-05-06, 02:33   Link #50
Skye629

I myself thought it was a Legillis at first too, if not simply because its the only gundam themed unit of its kind

However on close inspection like everyone else, its rather unique, which is nice considering the show if filled with models based on something or the other that we know on sight
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 17:10   Link #51
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

The 00 Gundam came in as defective without the Raiser unit. Is that why the Trans-am is unstable like in the anime?

Why would he buy that without the Raiser unit?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 17:28   Link #52
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The show flat out states that only gunpla of a certain high build quality can utilize super modes like Trans-Am. The 00 Diver didn't meet that standard, and therefore Trans-Am failed. That Dom using the Break Decal didn't meet that standard, and therefore the Dom started to break apart.

Gunpla does not play by the same rules as defective machines did in their parent shows. First episode we saw the 00 Diver able to function after the loss of one GN Drive.
Old 2018-05-06, 18:51   Link #53
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Gunpla does not play by the same rules as defective machines did in their parent shows. First episode we saw the 00 Diver able to function after the loss of one GN Drive.
Has it been said that 00 Gundam/00 Raiser can't operate on a single GN Drive just with a huge performance drop? We never saw Setsuna try to operate 00 Raiser after Ribbons cut off the one GN Drive. We just saw him wake up to see Ian bringing Exia to him and obviously a 100% Exia was better to continue the battle than the state 00 Raiser was in.

And if I remember correctly, in the manga, they did try GN Drive+Condenser and that didn't work, but they were trying to get it to work in a Twin Drive format.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 19:15   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, given how the 00 was completely nonfunctional after the Reborns took it, I'm pretty damn sure the way the 00 is set up it's not able to work without a properly synched Twin Drive System.

Also note its first sortie, when they weren't willing to launch it despite the Twin Drive System not functioning properly. If it could operate with both separately, they wouldn't have been panicking that bad.

So yeah, Gundam 00 and Gundam Build Divers play by separate rules.
Old 2018-05-06, 21:55   Link #55
Galaxian

The reasons are different, but you can still see it as a nod to 00 the series instead. In it 00 couldn't maintain Trans-am by itself and in here the quality of 00 Diver's build is not up to part.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 22:12   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, it's a nod--in the meta. In-universe, the reasons are entirely different, and you all would do well to remember that and pay attention to the material.
Old 2018-05-07, 02:26   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Well, considering that their teachings is basically a hotbed for creating Sith (Hey little kid we just separated from his/her family, never feel any emotions and bottle them up, also cut ties with those you love and never fall in love... That logic will definitely never backfire), I would say that being grey is the only good choice.
Old 2018-05-08, 22:56   Link #58
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Watch Episode 1

Mmm ... It certainly lack something that made Build Fighters interesting.
I guess I'll wait for Episode 3 to see if the series is really interesting. Starting with 00 is nice touch as kids wouldn't understand why Wing and Strike are cool for some people.

> Watch Episode 3

Okay-- Mask is basic item; if its real world, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people acting like Char clone instead of using animal avatars. LOL.
Somehow still not convincing enough for me even with hackers want easy high score is real enough. I'll wait for Episode 5 to see if the direction going to be good.

> Watch Episode 5

There is kidnapping-- that even SAO do it better.
Then we have to go to a place surrounded by desert-- without any guide or local transportation? In game of distant future, post 2018?
I play Final Fantasy I and VII when I was child, and I have no issue understanding how annoying idea of getting through the desert without airship.

I'll continue with Invisible Victory then, hopefully this series getting better.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote