AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2003-12-23, 09:34   Link #41
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
No, the problem is, Viz turned gay a while ago (like Raijin and Dark Horse) telling that their products are not to be sold outside of the US (and I think Mexico too >>?). I've seen some manga from viz here a while at a whooping price of 35 euro~
I understand people can pay a little more for manga, but that's insane. >.> And Viz obviously doesn't want people outside of the US to buy it anymore, so I don't really see why they should.

*still pissed at raijin for stealing my Slam Dunk fix >.>*
Hmm that's odd. I can get most viz manga inside canada for 10 bucks. Signifigantly cheaper then tokyopop manga. Plus it's actually slightly cheaper then if I were to import it (a whole 50 cents w00t!)
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 10:02   Link #42
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well bleach is a great manga and i really enjoyed it but its a really bad news to me that it got licensed since i wont be able to read it anymore and if i intended to import it (which would cost me a fortune) i'd have to wait for 3 years for viz to reach were TW was.

actualy i apreciate what TW did by translating it and introducing me to it and i would like to thank them for it and i understand why the stoped the project.

non the less i do understand the reason why vicious is disapointed even if u liked the manga there r limits on how far u would go on buying it if it cost u more than u could afford how do u expect anyone to react
Old 2003-12-23, 10:38   Link #43
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Hmm that's odd. I can get most viz manga inside canada for 10 bucks. Signifigantly cheaper then tokyopop manga. Plus it's actually slightly cheaper then if I were to import it (a whole 50 cents w00t!)
Then it must've been for whole north-america, I'm not sure cause I think it said something about mexico too, well whatever. >.>
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 21:34   Link #44
tamex
brasileiro, e foda-se vc!

Send a message via ICQ to tamex
yes, it's easy to say "Wait until you can buy more" and stuff like "Oh, mine is like worst currency with dollar" and blablabla...

the main problem is: Brazil is a poor country, and so is our currency and people... (yes, I'm brazilian) ...

second point: here in Brazil there are some licensed manga, but it's the same as getting used toilet paper and printing in it. and I'm not even saying about the price which is abusive

Of course, there's always that alternative to grab like 4 or 5 friends and order all together, but still, the product will be expensive to import.

maybe in your country you may see scanlation as a bridge to licensing, but I see as an only opportunity to read manga. since I can't affod learning japanese (time and money) , so I guess I can't buy japanese manga.

it's easy for everybody outside talk about how there are easy solutions. I just regret that Bleach got licensed, to be honest, I hope the guy who closed the contract dies from heart attack.

and another thing: don't say "Learn japanese", "Work to earn money" and that so old saying that you people like to use as solutions.

as I said before, it's easy to talk while you're outside the main stuff.
tamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 05:14   Link #45
LBW
I like obscure crap

Hehe, in some way I agree with you tamex.
It's pretty easy for americans to say: buy the anime/manga our companies licensed, but how many of them would buy something from any European (doesn't have to be European per se, just an example) company? Ah yea.. A lot of them don't know french or german or whatever.. Well learn it I guess.

Bleach is up to vol 3 in French, you could always get those to get to vol 6 faster. XD And Glenat doesn't release only one vol a year or smth.
Old 2004-01-23, 22:49   Link #46
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

well, the tw(taiwanese/chinese) are closes to the Japanese version. so I have it up to vol. 10 so far~
yeah, this series is really really good. highly recommanded. ^^

I got the manga for $5 smthing CAD, i think it was pretty good.
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 22:35   Link #47
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well I'll buy it regardless. Bleach is a good Manga, viz isn't really known for doing a spectacular job with their product but hopefully it'll turn out well. Naruto just killed me with their translations but Shaman King and Onie Piece aren't SOOOOOO bad.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 23:06   Link #48
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
Hehe, in some way I agree with you tamex.
It's pretty easy for americans to say: buy the anime/manga our companies licensed, but how many of them would buy something from any European (doesn't have to be European per se, just an example) company?
I have bought several books from amazon.co.uk. The most recent is Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb, which came out in the UK a couple months before the US's February release. Just couldn't wait...

And when I get around to buying the Harry Potter books, I'm not buying the American editions.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 23:30   Link #49
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW page :(
*Licensed by VIZ, LLC*
Well, crap. So much for that manga in the to buy list.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 04:15   Link #50
mike001

can anyone tell me a site where i can dl the manga?...
mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 04:21   Link #51
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike001
can anyone tell me a site where i can dl the manga?...
You can't, sorry. It's against forums' rules to ask for illegal materials, and licensed manga is counted as one of them.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 05:32   Link #52
LBW
I like obscure crap

Unlisenced is illegal as well..
Old 2004-01-31, 16:20   Link #53
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
Unlisenced is illegal as well..
Well, that's true... But downloading lisensed manga is more illegal... I guess... Well, at least, asking for unlisensed manga is not against A-suki's rules. I'm not sure why, though. >_>
Old 2004-01-31, 18:00   Link #54
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
making liscenced manga available can result in lawsuit action from US companies, which will actually do it sometimes. there are no US companies to bring about lawsuit action on un-liscenced manga/anime, but the original creators have the option to, however since most of the time scanslating/subbing ups the popularity of it worldwide, it usually turns into a profit, and that makes companies happy. and it costs more to sue someone across borders..... i think or maybe it's more paperwork.... which ends up costing more in lawyer-iffic fees. since there's such a proliferation of US lawyers, they'll usually do it for cheap since they need money for baby's new shoes.

of course i could just be making a mockery of everything.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:20   Link #55
Pyro1

Bleach Vol6+

Im looking for Bleach Vol6+. Thnx
Pyro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 02:10   Link #56
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Continue to do so. Thnx.
Bleach is licensed by Viz and The Rules say:
Quote:
Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
>_>
Old 2004-03-28, 02:21   Link #57
Pyro1

Sry i guess i didnt read that part. My bad
Pyro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 10:30   Link #58
uchiha_itachi934
itachi fan!

Send a message via MSN to uchiha_itachi934
Bleach anime?

i was wondering if anyone knew if the bleach manga was going to become an anime anytime soon. perosonally i thing this would make a very good anime .
uchiha_itachi934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 06:44   Link #59
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

^ word... it wud be pretty good
ZhouYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 12:32   Link #60
Tatsuki
read, draw and eat!!!

what's better, zombie or bleach?

Last edited by Tatsuki; 2004-06-19 at 13:57.
Tatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote