AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 17.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 24.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 6.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-07, 04:57   Link #61
Casshern

I really like this development for Mika. Watching her face contort, seemingly as if her brain rewired itself to adjust to her new reality, while applauding and praising Sibyl the whole time, was imo her best scene so far. Despite being negative about PP from the beginning of this season, the last couple of episodes have really turned it around for me. Learning about Sibyl's true motives made a huge difference, as well as her connection with Togane and Kamui.

About Kamui's origin, I had suspected that they used the organs of the dead children to save one, but I was surprised that instead he's actually a fully artificial human, a literal Frankenstein's monster. Learning about Togane is also one of the big highlights of the season for me. I'm wondering if he has his own motives outside of Sibyl's plans or if he just loves to watch the world burn.

It might be cliche, but I'm hoping for a showdown between Akane/Kamui vs Mika/Togane. I also want to see if Togane will succeed in painting Akane black. A black Akane sounds irresistible in it's own right. It also appears that Togane somehow assisted Kamui by sending him Aoi's ear?
Old 2014-12-07, 06:36   Link #62
itisjustme

Honestly I just keep getting the feeling they keep piling on the melodrama and shock factor just for the sake of it. I mean why would both side even give that much of a damn about Akane, the stated reasons sound really filmsy to me. I was really hooked at the start of the second season but it's been going downhill fast (partly also because I was hoping for a Kogami appearance tbh :P).
Old 2014-12-07, 14:14   Link #63
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
It also appears that Togane somehow assisted Kamui by sending him Aoi's ear?
Kamui was against it actually, gave me the impression that Kamui is being used by Sibyl too.
Old 2014-12-08, 01:22   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can't help but feel like the whole point of season 2 is to present the two extreme ends of the spectrum where Akane lies in the middle of. At the end of season 1 Akane was, essentially, still neutral by being wise in Sybil's truth but still choosing to abide by it partially by choice and the lack of it.

I think season 2 is more or less a vehicle to show Akane that she must now take a side. You have one side trying to find a way to clear up people's hues and colors, and one trying to find a way to raise them up to find latent asymptomatics. Akane again lies in the middle and with 2-3 episodes left, and probably now has to make a choice.
Old 2014-12-08, 09:15   Link #65
GDB

Sorry, but Kamui isn't "trying to clear people's hues and colors", that's merely a by-product of him trying to take down Sibyl. You don't kill dozens of innocent people and use them as guinea pigs if you're a good person, especially since his stunt on the train makes me think he's about to try and recreate the Season of Hell and pin it on Sibyl.
Old 2014-12-08, 22:37   Link #66
FateAnomaly

I find it interesting to note that each faction has each got a inspector.
Old 2014-12-11, 11:50   Link #67
DMurphy

I've seen people trying to go 'Maybe Kamui's not really the villain', and - I mean, he may not be the villain, but he's definitely a villain. I love the guy, but he commits atrocities more often and with more nonchalance than some people eat breakfast, there is no way he is anything other than an out-and-out villainous wrong'un.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-12-11, 21:12   Link #68
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaPrincess View Post
I actually felt bad for Mika, poor girl was mind fucked.

I don't understand why Sybil needs their hands on Akane or want to paint her black. She's the best detective that the MWPSB and she accepts the system as a necessity for the moment. Pushing her too far is going to make her rebel.

I'm really finding myself watching episodes just for Akane and Kamui.

Kamui is interesting to me because he's a creation of a demented system and is committing crimes because he was ignored by the system. Akane's profiling skills always makes a good watch.

I'm worried on how their going to tie up everything in 2 episodes.
Because this season will be damned if it risks moving the plot forward. So lets tone down the scale of this season and focus on individual quarrels.
Old 2014-12-14, 10:58   Link #69
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I've seen people trying to go 'Maybe Kamui's not really the villain', and - I mean, he may not be the villain, but he's definitely a villain. I love the guy, but he commits atrocities more often and with more nonchalance than some people eat breakfast, there is no way he is anything other than an out-and-out villainous wrong'un.
Dunno, has he actually killed someone without proper judgement? Not to side with him, but gotta give credit where its due: he hasn't never harmed anyone who was 100% innocent (at least, according to his POV)
Old 2014-12-14, 15:55   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Dunno, has he actually killed someone without proper judgement? Not to side with him, but gotta give credit where its due: he hasn't never harmed anyone who was 100% innocent (at least, according to his POV)
He purposely got a lot of random people killed, even if he didn't personally pull the trigger. (Like when he held up that pharmacy, or when he hacked the military robots.) So, yeah, pretty mass murderous.
Old 2014-12-14, 23:39   Link #71
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
The one who gives the order is always more culpable than the one who executes it, especially if the one who executes is being completely controlled or even unaware.

The case of the pharmacy is quite blatant and he also killed in cold blood several enforcers which hadn't done anything wrong except for being "latent criminals" (which means "innocent" in any real world legislation).

Now I could even understand, considering the situation, the logic that sacrifices are necessary, and that in the grand scheme of things he might actually save more people by dismantling the Sybil System. But his absolutely indifference for the many victims that constantly die in horrible ways because of him are appalling and undeniably place him in a clear "psychopath" zone.

As a side note if he was truly sorry for taking Shisui's eye and if it was really just something "necessary", why couldn't he give her his eye as compensation? What did he even do with that? And anyway he basically grafted all kind of stuff on who knows how many people, why not Shisui's eye?
He thinks she looks more badass with an eyepatch?

Closed Thread