AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 26 43.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-21, 21:59   Link #61
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Chrona isn't referred to as "he." The problem is sometimes there's no good way to approach a line in English without assigning a gender.
Well thats kinda what I meant, I know there isnt a word in english but I was just kinda making an observation. I did notice Chrona uses Boku thats why I said the voice and the speech style make Chrona sound male, where as the body and face make a more female impression.

@Medusa: ermmm I know you were responding to something I asked but I had to delete it since it hasnt happened yet.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-22, 00:16   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Maka problem this time around was she so busy focusing on not getting Soul hurt she didnt keep her head where it needed to be in the fight. I cant blame her for being worried about her partner but Maka is usually really good at noticing her surroundings being trapped by that door is very unlike her. Unless she is ready for Soul to get hurt Fighting Chrona in close combat with her level of skill right now is just so ill advised. Kid and blackstar are more suited for this type of opponet (at from what i know about Chrona so far) Blackstar huge resonance attacks and Kids long range ability would work well.
It figures that out of the three main pairs that the one at the most disadvantage against Chrona would have to fight. The only real hope they could have would be that Witch Hunter having enough cutting power. But Maka really didn't know if it would work and with that kind of attack coming from Chrona there wasn't time for it. But sometimes I guess you just end up in a bad situation. Of course without them fighting couldn't have a cool rescue.
Quote:
OMFG STEIN VS CHRONA this its going to be a long week but it will be worth the wait
Hurting Scythe's lil girl such a bad idea
Should be one heck of a beat down from Stein's side. With the power those two carry and one of them being an angry father....should be a great episode.
Old 2008-05-22, 03:57   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If the bood is so hard, why doesn't Maka target bones? The skull, the fingers, the shins... Plenty of places where the "blood armor" would be thin.
Old 2008-05-22, 04:34   Link #64
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And I suppose you expect Chrona stand there and dont dodge?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-22, 05:20   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, but that's the way fights go, black blood or not. You try to hit the other and not get hit, while the other does the same. All I'm saying is, there was no reason for Maka to completely give up just because Chrona's blood is hard. She was just panicking.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-05-23 at 03:47.
Old 2008-05-22, 05:38   Link #66
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, but that's the way fights go, black blood or not. You try to hit the other and bot get hit, while the other does the same. All I'm saying is, there was no reason for Maka to completely give up just because Chrona's blood is hard. She was just panicking.
She didn't give up until Soul got hurt. She was less worried about damaging Chrona than she was about not being able to defend herself. If Chrona hadn't been able to hurt Soul when parrying, I'd imagine she'd have at least tried Witch Hunter.
Old 2008-05-22, 07:48   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think Moka lost her confidence once she saw blocking hurt soul but even before that when she noticed Chrona's blood was his weapon and her attacks had no effect. honestly i dont think she knew what to do. I did agree that her witchhunter probably wouldnt have done much damage. I didnt like the whole battleground it was disadvantageous for her. Fighting Chrona in close quarters is not my idea of fun, getting outside with more space might have worked to her advantage. She could have dodged more easily without getting cornered and maybe could have mounted a counter attack as to how effective it would have been i dont think it would have been much. I do agree with Anh_Minh she could have tried another tactic but she panicked.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-05-22 at 09:15.
Old 2008-05-22, 08:03   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even before Soul got hurt, she was completely on the defensive. She'd already accepted she wasn't going to be able to hurt Chrona. And I'd be leery of trying the Witch Hunter - imperfectly mastered, prone to unbalancing her - against someone like Chrona.
Old 2008-05-22, 12:46   Link #69
Zoe

All of the extra bits on the late show were dedicated to
Spoiler:

Old 2008-05-22, 13:38   Link #70
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

OH god rofl.. that annoying bastard
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-22, 19:27   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even before Soul got hurt, she was completely on the defensive. She'd already accepted she wasn't going to be able to hurt Chrona. And I'd be leery of trying the Witch Hunter - imperfectly mastered, prone to unbalancing her - against someone like Chrona.

Actually, she's leery of trying anything on Chrona.

After all, who know what other tricks Chrona would have.
Old 2008-05-22, 20:15   Link #72
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

wow i love this episode chrona vs maka was awesome ..but i don't like the witch that is right by the moon i know its early but i just don't like her ._.
10/10

Last edited by King Lycan; 2008-05-22 at 21:08.
Old 2008-05-22, 20:31   Link #73
Echoes

These episodes just fly by, which is both a good and a bad thing. The preview really hyped up episode 8, I'm looking forward to this.
Old 2008-05-23, 11:30   Link #74
Zoe

Heh, for some reason I couldn't help screen-capping this

Spoiler for late show:
Old 2008-05-23, 14:48   Link #75
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Rarely very rarely I give a show a 10 and this was one of the episodes . Simply wow and the teaser looks awesome .
Old 2008-05-23, 19:02   Link #76
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Can't wait for the next episode as it appears Stein is heavily involved. As for this episode I found it enjoyable but not one of my favorites. Chrona was entertaining escpecially with repeating that door line. At first I was wondering what Chrona was talking about that entire time, but it finally dawned on me when it was said during the Maka fight. Made me crack up.

I'd give this episode a 8.5/10
Old 2008-05-23, 19:19   Link #77
Jerseykid

great episode, this witch controls snakes instead of pumpkins! Interesting to have chrona's weapon live inside her instead of being free on the outside. sycthe vrs sword would indeed seem weak in a confined space. This is very easily my favorite anime currently.

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2008-05-23 at 19:35.
Old 2008-05-23, 19:22   Link #78
elevenstrikes
on the rocks

:/ ... Chrona. The shy/crazy-psycho factor doesn't really do it for me. I like it better when he/she's fighting all badass-like and not talking. Can't wait until Stein kicks his ass.
Old 2008-05-25, 13:05   Link #79
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

with the voice of chrona, gender is still not confirmed, I guess they bring back Haruhi's (Ouran) voice for a reason.
Old 2008-05-25, 16:25   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Heh, for some reason I couldn't help screen-capping this

Spoiler for late show:
He actually reminds me of someone...

Burn him...sacred flame...

I feel off my chair when his identity was revealed
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenstrikes View Post
:/ ... Chrona. The shy/crazy-psycho factor doesn't really do it for me. I like it better when he/she's fighting all badass-like and not talking. Can't wait until Stein kicks his ass.
Right now yea...he doesn't do anything for me either...(and I am a heavy psycho character type lover ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread