AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 6.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 6.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-25, 03:11   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
From Animation (Anime) DVD Sales in Japan

With this kind of figure I won't say a second season is impossible but that probably won't be Sunrise priority
Who cares about sales, show is still tremendous fun. Sunrise competed against themselves and lost to Gundam 00 and the show has honestly been to experimental and off the beaten path as far as selling to otaku go.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:53   Link #22
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Who cares about sales, show is still tremendous fun. Sunrise competed against themselves and lost to Gundam 00 and the show has honestly been to experimental and off the beaten path as far as selling to otaku go.
I don't care about sales (or critics) but when you ask for a second season, rating and sales are two of the most important thing to look at I really don't see Sunrise giving money for a second season to a series that sells 4 or 5 times less than My-HiME/My-Otome.
Old 2009-06-25, 04:22   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
I don't care about sales (or critics) but when you ask for a second season, rating and sales are two of the most important thing to look at I really don't see Sunrise giving money for a second season to a series that sells 4 or 5 times less than My-HiME/My-Otome.
Yeah well, now more than ever before proven names and such are what sell with Otaku. That and series packed with as much moe as possible. Sora Kake Girl has moe, but it also seems like it's poking fun at Hikkimori's and pointing out the truth about locking oneself up in a room and hiding from the harshness of reality. The show needs to pander more and it's just not doing it at all so unfortunately it's going to have lower sales.
Old 2009-06-25, 11:39   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
To be honest, I did see this whole switching sides coming for a mile away and it is great to see that it has actually played out right. I think after all this time, I have finally given up more of myself to the madness and can honestly laugh at the whole ordeal. It's the small details that make me really laugh and Nami is without a doubt one of the best villains out there at this point in time. I mean her gag about being sora kake shoujo ver 2.0 was just brilliant...FABULOUS if I may add and not forgetting her expression and movements when she went "bang" and the whole planet blew up!

While the side of good is still as limp as ever, I still have to give props to Nerval for being a complete badass and the type who played the anti-hero card. Really well done.

Then the honourable mention of Benkei laying flowers for his former master (haha) and T Rie singing a song (I can listen to that all day <3).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-06-25, 15:47   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Man this episode really gets me excited for the final one. Nami has come into her own as a villain (her seiyuu did an amazing job) and unsurprisingly allied herself with Leopard now since they share a common goal and Akiha is finally starting to accept her responsibility as "the girl who leapt through space" (as I've said the whole series has been about getting her up to this point, not about her being it, which is fine by me), which I saw would come to pass around the time she finally realized her sister was serious about trying to kill everyone.

Meanwhile Nerval's "perfect society" is unveiled and I do think that he has the best interests in humanity in mind, but that people will probably reject his box system and just choose to coincide with the brain colonies in the end. I also predict Leopard snaps back to his senses completely by the half way point of the next episode (going by the cliffhanger showing him waking up) and that Nami is the true final boss, but will eventually come around too. In any case it's definitely going to be exciting and I completely disagree with the usual downer posters that this show is horrible and uninteresting or whatever. The whole show is worth watching, from the screwball duo of Bou and Min as well as Tsutsu, Benkei and Xanthippe, to the garness of Honoka and Itsuki, to the wackiness of Sakura's language, to the story of two girls on opposite sides rising out from under the shadow of their incredible siblings to become heroes of both sides of their stories. It's all been a great ride (I feel like I've watched a Brave Saga show) and I'm going to miss this show once it's all over. Wish Sunrise would just up and announce their next original series that isn't Gundam Unicorn right now so I could know what was in store for the second half of 2009.

By the way is it just me or does Nerval have the same ice blue eye colour that Evil Leopard has in the preview?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-06-25 at 16:17.
Old 2009-06-25, 18:53   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Only one episode left. Will my dream come true, and i shall see Nami get Bright punched?
Old 2009-06-25, 23:04   Link #27
Fishfood1

i thought this episode is pretty interesting, but unfortunately, everything has to be wrapped up in 1 final epi... and probably a lot of things will be left out unanswered or only partially answered.

roof>bed
Old 2009-06-25, 23:40   Link #28
Sixth
Hu Tao

Probably the final episode going to be rushed as hell.
Old 2009-06-26, 00:54   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Probably the final episode going to be rushed as hell.
As long as it's as fun to watch as the rest of them I can't say I'll really care. This was never a serious plot driven show anyway and really at the end of it all it's not the storyline that I've come to care about, it's the fact that it's one of those rare anime I can look to each week and fully enjoy the time I spend watching it. Sadly I think the last episode is going to be nitpicked to death something fierce.
Old 2009-06-26, 07:21   Link #30
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is there anyone actually lurking in the main website for Sora Kake?

Because I want to know either that Kagura is under Nerval's influence or she working with Nerval with her own will?

Because someone in other forum told me she join Nerval with her own will and now faking it that she was the victim in front of everyone to gain their trust or whatever it is.
Old 2009-06-26, 07:39   Link #31
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Who knows...actually we didn't see anything disapearing on her after Nami's AQT burst. But one thing is certain: she remembers her actions and we didn't hear her apologising about them. And she has a somewhat suspicious comment. But even if she is it don't change a thing about the happenings in the future. Anyways...after watching the subs, I catched the Nami's more difficult comments and pharses. The funny is that every one of them bears a sharp truth. Nami's nickname on Nerval the best:lolicon-hentai-robo-oldman!
Old 2009-06-26, 08:32   Link #32
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Angry EP25 thoughts NAMI the DOUCHEBAG

*SIGH*

Just as I thought! I don't believe from what I just saw this episode!

This show was all about that DOUCHEBAG NAMI SHISHIDOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Only one episode left. Will my dream come true, and i shall see Nami get Bright punched?
God I hate her!! Finale she will be PAY once and for all!! Can psychotic Nami be stopped? IF they don't, I'll be damned once again!

God, what am I been saying these days? I'm so confused.... that girl truly pissed me off. Well, no wonder why I felt like this since Mai Otome. I mean why is this keep happening to me? Oh well.....

SUNRISE, why did you made this show really made me feel embarassly emotional Since Mai HiME?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2009-06-26 at 09:11.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:38   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Who knows...actually we didn't see anything disapearing on her after Nami's AQT burst. But one thing is certain: she remembers her actions and we didn't hear her apologising about them. And she has a somewhat suspicious comment. But even if she is it don't change a thing about the happenings in the future. Anyways...after watching the subs, I catched the Nami's more difficult comments and pharses. The funny is that every one of them bears a sharp truth. Nami's nickname on Nerval the best:lolicon-hentai-robo-oldman!
We did see a Nerval seal disappearing actually, though that looked like it was on Honoka which is strange. As for Nami's nickname, Nami is only supposed to be something like 14 and Imo-Chan is the youngest of the Shishidou family so think about that for a moment.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:49   Link #34
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I still wondering that what will that parasite Nami doing in the Finale. She's now become TOMOE MAUGURITE, congratulations.

God, how dare she mess up with akiha like that! The way she talk really pissed me off.

god, I hate myself.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2009-06-26 at 18:31.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:04   Link #35
Kon the Magnificent

i have to say I really enjoyed the show, and my favorite character is Nami hands down. I don't care what any one says about her, even if she is a bit crazy.

And yes, i'm willing to admit she's selfish...on some level with most, if not almost all of her comments and actions....not that i'm denying her the satisfaction of personal revenge against those model girls awhile back, or her lashing out at Akiha(sometimes if not all).

But, those comments towards Akiha were true....really...really true, which is why I'm going to say/write this now.

The show was all about Akiha, everything was about Akiha, from the love, from the attention, from the Imo(I really love her) angest. I believe it's alright for a main character to get a lot of attention, however, it would made this show a lot more....um...complete if Nami had some as well.

Let me explain

I've only seen any one of the characters worry or talk about Nami in a worried light once or twice. If it was more it would be fine, everything would balance out, however I saw none of that. As an older brother and a middle child myself, I can understand the hardship and frustration to deal with a younger sibling, but as a person who has watched a lot of anime and read manga, I feel not worry or even supporting your obviously troubled sister or even being depressed or a bit angry at her joining with the enemy(at the time) is wrong on so many levels.

I mean hell, we all saw this coming, Nami joining the 'Dark Side', I know I did after the interaction between she and Kazane before all the action started, and the small interaction between she and Akiha in the hallway.

The girl had no real support from anyone throughout the whole show, unlike dare I say, Akiha, yes I know I sound like Nami, but I find it true in a very strange way. When I look back on the conversation with Kazane with Akiha, I find it 'wrong' that she would compare Akiha and Nami, I mean look at Akiha, who does she have in her life to support her with that heavy load of her's; Kazene, Takane, Sakura, Imoko(her family), Honoka, Itsuki, hell even Leopard when he's not being Leopard, and hell of a lot more people.

And let's look at Nami.............................................. ....................I see no one.......no one at all.

Yes the girl ran away from modeling, but who was there to help her up? I sure as hell don't know, but what I seen from the show, everyone even her family seem to have casted her aside and treat her like garbage(in her mind), no giving her any support or encouraging words.

Where did all the support and love go......................to Akiha

The show is great....and I like Akiha on some level, but I believe she could have been more of a sister to Nami(everyone could), and not just to Imoko(I really love her).

the show in that regard had no balance.....it was really annoying to me....

sorry for my rant....but I had to sign up and write this down....and get it out of my system after reading how many poeple hate Nami's character and such(not that I can blame them), and how Akiha is well....um....I don't know...I guess Akiha(once again, not that I can blame them, I mean I have characters I like for reasons like this as well).

But on the other hand, this episode was great....and let me give my prediction on the next episode.

Leopard once again changes sides

Nami is severly injuired fighting Kagura, body never found, but we see a shadow of her months later staring at her family blankly before vanishing in space with Kagura and Honoka.

The Shishido Family shows no signs of missing Nami, and is living life happily along with many others

My prediction......even if it is one in a million chance it could be wrong

And once again sorry for the rant
Old 2009-06-28, 16:36   Link #36
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I have to agree with you to some extend. Akiha has much support and what she's done? Nearly nothing. She remained secluded in her own peacefull world and tried to not notice all the changes around her.
My perdiction about the next episode
Spoiler for ep 26 prediction:

I don't think this show has a chance for second season(but after hearing about Asura Cryin' second season maybe it's not impossible)

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-06-28 at 16:54.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:49   Link #37
Kon the Magnificent

yeah, maybe if my ending turns out to be true, Nami will come back as an Anti-hero, and not even bother rekindling with her family(not that I'll blame her if she don't).
Old 2009-06-28, 17:48   Link #38
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I have to agree with you to some extend. Akiha has much support and what she's done? Nearly nothing. She remained secluded in her own peacefull world and tried to not notice all the changes around her.
It reminds me of early criticism of Harry Potter. Exactly why was he so special? He was the "boy who lived". He didn't actually do anything except survive, and people are lavishing praise upon him, telling him he's going to be this super guy, and basically stroking his epeen every story.

Now granted, he has his share of problems (like a Dark Wizard wanting to kill him), but he's surrounded by all these amazing people supporting him every step of the way and you have to wonder sometimes what exactly makes this guy so special that he's garnered so much love, support, and attention? Because you can't really tell just by looking at him.

Akiha very much reminds me of this, and while Nami's actions aren't great either (life sucks, get over it), at least Nami has some reasons for the way she is. Akiha...not so much. She's special because the story said she was special, there's really no explanation for it.

This is contrary to a Mary Sue type character such as Arika from Mai-Otome, who while rather stupid, at least blundered along and tried her best despite her mistakes (ignoring the obvious plot devices of the story of course).
Old 2009-06-28, 18:57   Link #39
Ani-OK

Trying to figure something out about Akiha's Episode 25 drastic stunt

No doubt that things are rapidly coming to a head at this stage of Sora Kake. Considering the technique used to make the viewer think that a character is going to be killed off or perform some noble sacrifice such as what Imoko tried to do with that anti-matter missile, there is always some sleight of hand behind the scenes and the character comes back from the dead. In the case of Imoko, the price that she pays for her intercession is not being able to immediately rejoin Akiha even if she does come to the rescue.

Why the heck did Imoko not float over to Akiha who would have then taken off in Starsylph? I understand that Akiha and Imoko are both relieved that the other is safe and sound, but you can be sentimental as you are flying to safety.

Kazane slapping the taste out of Akiha's mouth for the rescue attempt . . . sorry, Akiha-chan, you had that coming. I think that Kazane is more upset at her endgame strategy being jeopardized than Akiha needlessly endangering herself. What are the ruins called where Kazane reprimands Akiha after her adventure aboard Nerval's palace?
Old 2009-06-28, 23:15   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Even if Akiha isn't the greatest lead character ever I still have to say I don't mind her part in it all. At least she's not annoying. I just hope I don't have to listen to people griping about her for the entirety of the final episode discussion because that would be annoying. There's so many parts of this show that are enjoyable I don't see any reason to dwell solely on one character who's taken her sweet time in rising to the occasion.
Closed Thread