AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-17, 07:01   Link #61
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I'm thinking of watching this anime but i don't like dark anime, so is this anime dark? how dark it is?
Old 2012-02-17, 10:19   Link #62
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I'm thinking of watching this anime but i don't like dark anime, so is this anime dark? how dark it is?
Not knowing how you define "dark anime", I can't say for sure. But Durarara!! isn't an anime that I would call dark.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-25, 21:35   Link #63
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not knowing how you define "dark anime", I can't say for sure. But Durarara!! isn't an anime that I would call dark.
just watched the first episode... i don't how you define "dark anime" either, but all the kidnapping and killing in episode 1 is too dark to me... Dropped
Old 2012-02-25, 23:19   Link #64
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I wouldn't call Durarara! dark, more like interesting. At least watch 3-4 episodes before you decide to drop it. It's pretty hilarious too.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:46   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Frankly, Durarara is about as dark as Index and Bakemonogatari.

That is to say you'll occasionally come across some questionable issues, but the general tone of the series and it's main characters won't make you lose sleep at night or feel dirty after watching it.

It's as good as any stepping stone to ease yourself into the real hardcore stuff.
Old 2012-02-26, 07:02   Link #66
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Frankly, Durarara is about as dark as Index and Bakemonogatari.

That is to say you'll occasionally come across some questionable issues, but the general tone of the series and it's main characters won't make you lose sleep at night or feel dirty after watching it.

It's as good as any stepping stone to ease yourself into the real hardcore stuff.
yeah, i sometimes watch dark anime. but for a reason, i'm really enjoyed Index, Railgun, Bakemonogatari and some other dark anime. i love anime because of the pure relationship between characters and i hate stuff like betrayal and deceiving so the kidnapping in the first episode is what i really hate the most here. i'm also don't like extreme violent or people that harm other for no reason.

anyway, i guess i'll give this another try then
Old 2012-02-26, 07:21   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
yeah, i sometimes watch dark anime. but for a reason, i'm really enjoyed Index, Railgun, Bakemonogatari and some other dark anime. i love anime because of the pure relationship between characters and i hate stuff like betrayal and deceiving so the kidnapping in the first episode is what i really hate the most here. i'm also don't like extreme violent or people that harm other for no reason.

anyway, i guess i'll give this another try then

If you can handle the darkness in Index, which a good portion involves child abuse of various degree, then Durarara shouldn't be a problem. I won't sugarcoat and say that Durarara is family-friendly, but I'm fair certain it shouldn't keep you up at night.

I'm not exactly sure what you've expecting out of character relationships though, all I can say is that the main characters, as well as the more important secondary characters, have colourful personalities with good chemistry together.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:52   Link #68
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Why is that series made from this company (Baccano and DRRR) fail to produce sequels? Baccano is extremely popular among anime fans, ranking in the top 40 as with DRRR. I'd love to see a second season for DRRR, and they have plenty of source material as well..

Secondly, I know this question was asked in the first page, but is there still no news of getting a licensed English translation for the light novels? It's the same deal with Baccano right? The novels have no official translations correct?
Old 2012-03-07, 12:54   Link #69
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Why is that series made from this company (Baccano and DRRR) fail to produce sequels? Baccano is extremely popular among anime fans, ranking in the top 40 as with DRRR. I'd love to see a second season for DRRR, and they have plenty of source material as well..

Secondly, I know this question was asked in the first page, but is there still no news of getting a licensed English translation for the light novels? It's the same deal with Baccano right? The novels have no official translations correct?
top 40 where?
Old 2012-03-07, 12:56   Link #70
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I'm referring to MyAnimeList rankings - I know it doesn't mean jack when it comes to sales/popularity over in Japan, but it's generally a critically acclaimed series amongst fans.
Old 2015-07-12, 03:31   Link #71
fuff

FOR DDR! second arc which novels will be covered most likely?
Old 2015-07-20, 09:40   Link #72
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
FOR DDR! second arc which novels will be covered most likely?
The current cour? Most likely 7 to 9.
Old 2016-03-28, 05:15   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hey guys, I had watched the very first DRRR!! season a few years ago and I decided to pick it back up. In which order do the following cours appear?
Old 2016-03-28, 05:40   Link #74
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hey guys, I had watched the very first DRRR!! season a few years ago and I decided to pick it back up. In which order do the following cours appear?
The 3-cour season was aired in the order of Shou, Ten and finally Ketsu.
Old 2016-03-28, 06:46   Link #75
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Okay, thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a