AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 21:18   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 680 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 00:45   Link #2
DKN117

G*d-damnit, will Kishi just have Sakura get fed up with Sasuke's shit and super-strength-punch him for it already? Even if it's not able to successfully seriously harm him, it'll at least get the message across to him that she ain't gonna put up with it anymore.

So... Kaguya, like Madara, wants to make it so she's the only one who can use chakra. Why? Is it the same "make myself god/goddess over the de-powered masses and BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GOD, MORTALS!" thing as he had going?

Also, calling it: Obito ain't dead, and he's gonna wake up and save Naruto and/or Sasuke's bacon at some point.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 00:52   Link #3
Wandering Soul

Kishi seems to have finally remembered that the hokages still existed. I was pretty sure he forgot all about them. Kaguya's goal is that basically she wants to keep all the chakra to her herself.

This whole thing where Sasuke says that Kakashi and Sakura are useless and Sakura get depressed seems like it is gonna go on for a while. Why cant Sakura just get over Sasuke for now and stop caring about what he thinks? Sasuke isn't exactly wrong but still she could stop letting it get to her.
Old 2014-06-11, 00:55   Link #4
ranchan13

Ya know, I think Kishi just HATES Sakura, after chapters of this treatment
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 01:14   Link #5
Haloid

Man Sasuke is really out of character right now but I don't know why I am complaining because he has been out of character for years. Why is he suddenly finding Sakura useless when he found her highly useful during the Zetsu fight? Alright guys here is what is going on. Kishimoto is tearing down Sasuke's character to build up either Naruto or Sakura's character so there are three scenarios on how this could end up,

1) Scenario one benefits Naruto's character: Kishimoto is having Sasuke's character call Kakashi and Sakura useless to prove Sasuke is not Hokage material. A true Hokage would acknowledge the strenghth of his shinobi. Its obvious from Naruto defending them that Naruto is Hokage material.

2) Scenario two benefits Sakura's character: this is the most likely one. Sasuke is calling Sakura useless because Kishimoto wants Sakura to prove Sasuke wrong. This means that Sakura will be getting a power up in the next couple of chapters and it will make Sasuke eat his words big time and proves Sasuke is not Hokage material.

3) Scenario three benefits the NaruSaku pairing and this one is the least likely of the three but plausible. Kishimoto is having Sasuke emotionally abuse Sakura so that she will see what a great guy Naruto is. This is also "paired" (pun intended) with the fact that Naruto defended Sakura from Sasuke's emotionally abusive words and tried to protect her self worth. Its cheesy but not impossible. Sakura may see that Naruto is better guy and love him instead. Also, this will prove that Sasuke is not hokage material. If you haven't noticed the ulterior motive of having Sasuke tear down Sakura's character is to tear him down and prove he is unworthy of being Hokage.
Haloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 01:48   Link #6
Tchadnis

Sakura is back to being immo and useless , lol she so weak hearted toward sasuke it a pain to see , it so odd !
Old 2014-06-11, 01:49   Link #7
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Super Saiyen : Check.
Kamehameha : Check.
Being able to fly : Check.
Instant Transmission : Not Yet, but might be coming.

Naruto is more and more like an other well known character.
Old 2014-06-11, 01:50   Link #8
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well that was a boring chapter. Also useless Sakura, changing dimensions, flying Naruto and a villain that exists only to be a final villain and nothing else.
Old 2014-06-11, 03:07   Link #9
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

sasuke with rinnegan byakugan sharingan 3 in 1 ok
naruto 9tails chakra sage chakra 6 path chakra 3 in 1 ok

sasuke hawk able to fly
naruto can fly w/o anything

i dunno what series this is anymore
Old 2014-06-11, 04:44   Link #10
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
G*d-damnit, will Kishi just have Sakura get fed up with Sasuke's shit and super-strength-punch him for it already? Even if it's not able to successfully seriously harm him, it'll at least get the message across to him that she ain't gonna put up with it anymore.
Nah, she loves it.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 05:21   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh well.... Naruto got new ability... now he could float

still.... I don't know what the Hokages could do to help... everything depends completely on Naruto and Sasuke now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 07:33   Link #12
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol

Sasuke: I don't care about Sakura and Kakashi
Sakura: !!! T~T
Naruto: Pls bish, stop fronting
Sasuke: ....yeah...
Sakura: Thank you Naruto
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 07:56   Link #13
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Also, calling it: Obito ain't dead, and he's gonna wake up and save Naruto and/or Sasuke's bacon at some point.
yeah this was already called a few threads ago. though i think at this point he'll like just remove the distractions from the battlefield so naruto can focus
Old 2014-06-11, 08:09   Link #14
neshru

lol, I have no idea what's going on anymore.
Can we just go back to the ninja stuff and the conflicts between ninja nations? Please?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 10:21   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Can we just go back to the ninja stuff and the conflicts between ninja nations? Please?
I think the time for that is long over. this war essentially created a new manga series that is more like dragonball than naruto (which already was kinda like dragonball but this stuff now... lol)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 11:22   Link #16
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Check this out!
Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-11, 11:30   Link #17
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
We need a greater understanding of who kaguya is. I mean was she good and turned evil after the fruit?
Was she always evil? Is that eye possessing her? And what exactly was her fate? Rikudo and his brother defeated the the 10 tails according to what we were told (by the way Hamura apparently had juubi chakra sealed in him/her too) but we dont know what became of Kaguya. At one point i wonder if she her self was the juubi. The ‘final form’ of the juubi was that tree and we know that she spoke to madara right before he absorbed it. Maybe the sibling sealed away their mother and sent her to the moon. I think those angry facial expressions that kaguya makes when narutos and sasukes yin/yang on their palms is shown hints that kaguya and rikudo may have fought each other.

Young rikudo look pretty badass by the way
Old 2014-06-11, 11:32   Link #18
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
We need a greater understanding of who kaguya is. I mean was she good and turned evil after the fruit?
Was she always evil? Is that eye possessing her? And what exactly was her fate? Rikudo and his brother defeated the the 10 tails according to what we were told (by the way Hamura apparently had juubi chakra sealed in him/her too) but we dont know what became of Kaguya. At one point i wonder if she her self was the juubi. The ‘final form’ of the juubi was that tree and we know that she spoke to madara right before he absorbed it. Maybe the sibling sealed away their mother and sent her to the moon. I think those angry facial expressions that kaguya makes when narutos and sasukes yin/yang on their palms is shown hints that kaguya and rikudo may have fought each other.

Young rikudo look pretty badass by the way
I think its clear that she was consumed by hubris after she ate the fruit. Now she's spouting all sorts of BS with her being god and all.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 11:46   Link #19
DarkHollowIchigo

Who Kaguya exactly is in detail, i assume we will see that in the upcoming chapters.
Old 2014-06-11, 11:56   Link #20
akumaten

Quote:
Dude, you're 5-7 years too late. It stopped being about ninjas after Part 1 ended. In detail, since the beginning of the Sasuke "Rescue" Arc. It's Naruto Z now.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion