AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 235 73.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 67 20.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 2.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-16, 15:58   Link #481
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
As much as I agree with you about Lockon, bringin him back alive is not the right thing to do. His death for the most part is going to heavily affect all of the Miesters, including Setsuna who for the most part, seemed to be the closest to Lockon, or both of them had the best relationship with each other.

In any case, that was a Hero's way of going out, and Lockon wont soon be forgotten.

At this point, killing Ali is not doing justice to what he's done, and letting him walk away is just a slap in the face. He broke my heart that's for sure...
I agree, but they're probably gonna set up the whole Setsuna vs. Ali big fight. It'll be OK, but Lockon killing Ali would've been better.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:14   Link #482
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Lockon dead... and Graham now have no opponent. Who will be his next personal enemy?
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:20   Link #483
Jays

What really does surprise me is how heasily Darryl goes along with Ali and his Throne, let's not forget that Zwies(I think) was the one that took down Howard, and that Ali is a suspicious character, as I am sure Sergie will note in future episodes, considering he wouldn't divulge the information as to how he got it.

Looks like the name of Lockon's brother is Lyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
I agree, but they're probably gonna set up the whole Setsuna vs. Ali big fight. It'll be OK, but Lockon killing Ali would've been better.
I'm torn between this; it would have been a good death, but in the end it wouldn't have been enough. Ali is the kind of character whom you wanna drag their face through the mud, kick him while he's down, shoot his thighs and punch his face until it is soo disfigured that it no longer looks like him.

What ever the case was, Lockon proved a lot, and for the most I think he wanted to die.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:24   Link #484
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well the past few episodes certainly packs a few surprises with so many character dying.

Graham will be going up against Setsuna imo while Allelujah vs Soma.
Tieria can be the emo trap before going Nadleeh on all the grunts/Sergei.

Nadleeh reminds me a lot of Id's gear (Xenogear) and that bad guy what's his name's AS in FMP S1. I wonder how many meister will survive, and what's the role of Marina Ismail later on (the new sponsor for CB?)
Old 2008-03-16, 16:28   Link #485
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Razor View Post
... and in the preview of ep 24 you can see that bitchass ali is still alive :S yep i realy realy ahte ali most of all
(most anoing character in a anime for me)...
Which preview were you watching? Someone mentioned issues with Nyoron's but that's not the one I watched... He's no where to be seen on my preview. I think you may have confused GN-003 Gundam Kyrios with GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:39   Link #486
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
the final scene where haro keep calling LOCKON enough to give this episode 9/10 for me

reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:39   Link #487
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
is it me or is the "destruction" of Throne Zwei ambiguous as all hell?
It's not just you. Well, Zwei was probably effectively destroyed, but Ali likely survived. He didn't get any sort of death scene at all, and as the most significant villain so far, he would definitely have something more substantial than that if he really died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Lockon dead... and Graham now have no opponent. Who will be his next personal enemy?
Graham's opponent will be Setsuna. Graham was always Setsuna's rival from the beginning, just as Ali was Setsuna's personal enemy. Lockon wound up borrowing Setsuna's rival and enemy since he wasn't around long enough to warrant having his own.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:43   Link #488
wtfftw

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FUCKING SHIT WHY him. Seriously ali needs to kick the bucket killed too many people that were so cool.

WHY couldnt they just let lockon be heavy injured or some crap so that he never can pilot again .

The action in this episode is simply great almost 40% combat. This ep is better then whole GSD put together. Cuz i go all emo over this WHY OH WHY

My head is like-> lockon .. lockon ..

R.I.P. LYLE you were great

lol @ neena for crying bout her bro's really cute and funny
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:44   Link #489
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
What really does surprise me is how heasily Darryl goes along with Ali and his Throne, let's not forget that Zwies(I think) was the one that took down Howard, and that Ali is a suspicious character, as I am sure Sergie will note in future episodes, considering he wouldn't divulge the information as to how he got it.
Yeah, it was Zwei that took out Howard's Flag, but remembering the Zwei is still just a tool. The pilot is Ali now, not Michael. Maybe Darryl understands that it was the Gundam pilot who's responsible for his friend's death, but I can totally understand why he'd be suspicious of how that particular machine managed to fall into the hands of someone he doesn't know.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:49   Link #490
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Isn't Lockon's "abayo, aibo" to Haro an Endless Waltz reference (Duo to Deathscythe)?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:52   Link #491
Kisuke06
I see...

Oh wow...

Well, I don't see how is possible that he comes back.

Now Ali, I have 99% sure that he is coming back.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:08   Link #492
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Isn't Lockon's "abayo, aibo" to Haro an Endless Waltz reference (Duo to Deathscythe)?
Only if every single line that's been said before is a "reference" to something else.

Somethings get said again. It doesn't mean anything deeper than what it's saying: that Lockon is saying goodbye to his AI partner.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:36   Link #493
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Wow. Aside from all the debate over certain aspects of the ep, I think that given the paucity of backstory for Lockon, this was one of the most effective endings ever. I'm not so much stating how much he achieved, but the effect of his death on the audience (and on the meisters). It was a good death, one that won't be forgotten and I hope that the show doesnt jump the shark by bringing him back
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:38   Link #494
hamstar
just passing by

5/169 people didnt vote a 9 or 10/10 for this episode.

That's how epic this episode was.
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:55   Link #495
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Somethings get said again. It doesn't mean anything deeper than what it's saying: that Lockon is saying goodbye to his AI partner.
Except that we have comparable contexts. It was a pretty memorable point in Gundam Wing.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:11   Link #496
JediNight
キズランダム

Ali SHOULD be dead, but considering that my nickname for him is Cockroach-kun, I bet he's still alive. That's my only major gripe with the story so far is they keep letting Ali get away or live way longer than he should.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:20   Link #497
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think he's dead, at least as far as season 1 is concerned.

The next two episodes should involve big showdowns against Soma, Sergei, Patrick, Graham, and then finally Alejandro/Libbons.

Episode 25 may also introduce a new "bad guy/antagonist" for season 2. Let's not mention that Saji may get some major screentime in the next 2 episodes.

Is there enough time for him to return? I could see him showing up during the final minutes of episode 25. Setsuna goes back to his apartment and gets jumped. Ali basically blurts how he killed Saji's sister and how it felt only to have Saji blows his brains out and save Setsuna.

Any, I still think that if Ali and/or Lockon managed to survive that fight we won't know until season 2. They could return as "masked" men.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:22   Link #498
Red-Razor
Shuffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
There have been people that have been shot in the head and lived.

Also, the Freedom Gundam never exploded. What happened was the phase shift went down after its reactor got really damaged by the Shinn-Stab (TM) and then the Freedom got wrecked by the TANHAUSER explosion. And Kira ends up in Lacus's house after the STRIKE nearly gets wrecked by the AEGIS'S self-detonation. The Strike gundam ALSO does not blow up then.

As for Lockon surviving, as I've said before, he's too manly to ever die. Captain Falcon said that he who surpasses Captain Falcon becomes Captain Falcon, but nobody has yet surpassed Lockon Stratos, so Neil Dylandy is STILL Lockon Stratos, meaning he is STILL alive.

not kira VS shinn but Kira vs athran (gundam seed) when red suit sticks to strike and says B00000M and sudenly 2 eps later kira is alive :S zomfg wtf bbq.
Red-Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:48   Link #499
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Setsuna is going to kill Ali to take revenge for the past and now with lockon added to the motivation - assuming they dont raise the dead in ep24.

Saji comepletely thinks all the crap he went through is the Gundams' fault, might turn out to be a Shinn type atmosphere if he gets screen time in season2.

I hope season2 the miesters get some skillz, cuz using "god mode" trans-am drive is not working for me.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-03-16 at 18:54. Reason: more
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 19:02   Link #500
rpgman1

I don't want to see Saji turning into a Shinn-type clone for S2. We have already witnessed the downfall of CB and it continues to go forward at such insane speed. At least we'll see who comes out alive and who will be the new antagonists in these last two episodes after this one. Lockon will probably be replaced by someone with similar skills.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote