Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 22:23   Link #261
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Um.....im looking a program that will....reset my ip. If i want to change my ip i need to turn off and then turn on my router....that takes time and its annoying so im looking for a program that could do that without having to physically turn off my router.
What you can do is make a .bat file that does it for you (if your using Windows).
Open Notepad, then type in:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

Then save the file as a .bat by typing .bat at the end of the filename such as "ipreset.bat".
Now whenever you want to reset your ip, you just have to run this program by double clicking on it.
And make sure to erase your browser's cookies.
Old 2008-10-14, 23:47   Link #262
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think amjzz wants to change his/her public IP address. Forcing Windows to get a new address via DHCP will change the address of the client computer on the internal network. On many routers it won't even do that since the router will often give the same IP address to the network card each time.

@amjzz: You might be able to force the router to reset by using the web-based management tool in the router itself. Otherwise you're left with power-cycling the device.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 00:56   Link #263
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

edit: forget it. I'm on top of everything now.

Last edited by BOOKGLUTTON; 2008-10-26 at 23:39.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:40   Link #264
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Here's a free 3D software authoring. (similar to 3DMax) Its a $500 software originally but Micro$oft bought it back in January and now giving it for free.

You'll need to give away quite a few personal detail, such as your full name and address with post/zip code and telephone number and email; (you have to fill in all the fields to subscribe to the web site before you can download any of the files).. but overall its free for download, There's also a pdf manual and a video tutorial download. Its quite small (the program + pdf manual + video tutorial = ~350Mb.)

I've downloaded but yet have time to actually test it myself ._. , Not much of a free time lately
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 21:09   Link #265
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Searched the thread, found nothing.

Does anyone know which video software can edit h.264 encoded video and has support for ogg audio? I've been using Ulead/Corel VideoStudio for my past AMVs, but when trying to edit newer stuff encoded with those codecs and contained in a MP4, I get "file format mismatch" error.

P.S. I mean edit directly. I can convert to a compatible format, yes, but I would rather not waste space on having duplicates if I have a choice about this.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:12   Link #266
martino
makes no files now

Depends what you mean by "edit". Sure, AviSynth can do what you need, just don't expect a GUI. And so can AVIDemux, but its editing features go as far as VirtualDub's.
Old 2008-12-12, 23:26   Link #267
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Full-featured GUI non-linear editing. Cutting up and shifting around scenes (and possibly audio too), titles/text, overlays, filters and transitions. Basically on par with stuff like VideoStudio, Vegas, Premiere etc.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 01:07   Link #268
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Do want to play the latest PC Games on your PC or Laptop but can't because the game won't let you because it has detected that your computer doesn't have the system requirements to run it?

Try 3D Analyze, a free software that tricks your games into believing your computer has the system requirements to play it.
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/tutorials/
Old 2008-12-18, 15:09   Link #269
npcomplete

need media cataloging/database software - generic or tailored to anime
preferably powerful/flexible and not platform specific, or there can be a separate platform-specific fronted and a generic backend

I've been meaning to try anidb-o-matic.. still haven't yet. But the full version is windows-only right? Would like reviews or more info.

I would like to keep my own local db but use reference other dbs like anidb for info. Does anidb offer interfaces for that?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:27   Link #270
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Full-featured GUI non-linear editing. Cutting up and shifting around scenes (and possibly audio too), titles/text, overlays, filters and transitions. Basically on par with stuff like VideoStudio, Vegas, Premiere etc.
maybe Blender would work for you?

* see the VSE (video sequence editor) and compositing sections:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Manual
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Tutorials

commercial/official music videos made with blender:

http://www.blendernation.com/2008/11...club-all-city/

http://www.blendernation.com/2008/05...-with-blender/
Old 2008-12-19, 16:59   Link #271
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
need media cataloging/database software - generic or tailored to anime
preferably powerful/flexible and not platform specific, or there can be a separate platform-specific fronted and a generic backend
Haha, that's funny, I was just beginning to play with an idea about making an open source C++ frontend for mplayer which does just that, using the multiplatform Qt4 toolkit (something a bit more generic, think Amarok but geared towards anime db'ing and online aggregation).

Stay tuned for more news in the future (or contact me if you wish to help ), though it's only composed by a few rough sketches for now, so I assure you you will get bored if you just wait there

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 21:32   Link #272
npcomplete

cool! speaking of mplayer, I'd really like to see a GUI that has all the features of the command line, in addition to properly detecting the audio and subtitle streams
Old 2008-12-20, 20:51   Link #273
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

smplayer is probably the most complete mplayer frontend I've seen so far. It includes a lot of stuff, even configuring the extremely useful lavdopts option.

Old 2008-12-21, 18:40   Link #274
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
even configuring the extremely useful lavdopts option.
I, too, was surprised to find those options while browsing around in SMplayer. It's now my player of default in Linux, though I've noticed it sometimes seems to lose touch with the audio system. It's not an ALSA vs. PulseAudio thing I don't think. I use ALSA throughout; it seems more stable, and I don't need networked audio.
Old 2008-12-23, 04:56   Link #275
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Exclamation Reccomend me the best free antispyware software

I starting to hate Spyware Doctor Starter Edition, not only it slow to start, my Avira AntiVir found a trojan call TR/Unpacked.Gen [trojan] in Spware Doctor when Spyware Doctor was scanning and whats worst was the fact IT TOOK 11 HOURS to finished it's full scan! I hate it so much that i want uninstall it and install something new.

I already have SUPER AntiSpyware and Malwarebyte's AntiMalware and thinking of installing Ad-Aware since according to http://www.techsupportalert.com, these three have the best detection rates.

Do you know any free anti spyware software i can use for my PC?
Old 2008-12-23, 12:06   Link #276
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spybot Search & Destroy is good (latest stable version is 1.6.0.30, but the beta is now up to 1.6.1.41), otherwise there's RogueRemover Free or Spyware Terminator (good at real-time protection).

Otherwise, if worse comes to pass, use HijackThis, print the diagnostic log and post it either here or on a security-dedicated forum and the users will help you get rid of the malware(s) your PC is riddled with.

Then, of course there are anti-rootkit programs such as RootkitRevealer or McAfee Avert Stinger.
Old 2008-12-23, 14:12   Link #277
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spyware Terminator had the worst detection rate when i last install it. The only redeeming value i got from it was ClamAV manage to find a worm in my PC which AVG free fail to detect hence why i switch to Avira which has the best virus detection rate and i also have Panda Anti Rootkit.

Anyway i recently install a-squared Free 4.0 and i might take your suggestion of installing Spybot or HijackThis.

P.S. Should i uninstall Spyware Doctor for another freeware Anti-spyware and why does RogueRemover Free look and sounds like a Rogue software?
Old 2008-12-24, 22:44   Link #278
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Tip: don't install more than one antivirus and spyware removing tool at the same time. It's prone to make everything go a little insane.

For extra goodness, consider leaving the Windows world for good

Old 2009-01-26, 10:41   Link #279
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What kind of hardware does my computer have?

I wanted to construct an inventory of the hardware on my Linux workstation. I found a couple of quite useful programs.

For Windows: aida32

http://majorgeeks.com/download181.html

This looks like a nice little program. It even runs under Wine on Linux, but it couldn't always see the physical hardware. Instead, I recommend,

For Linux: lshw

This may be in the Ubuntu repositories; for RedHat flavors I had to look to dag:
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/lshw/

You use lshw to write a file containing the information about your machine. For instance,

$ sudo bash
Enter your password
# lshw -html > /home/user/hw.html
# chmod a+r /home/user/hw.html
# exit

will create a file you can view with a browser at the URL file:///home/user/hw.html. (Note the three slashes before "home".)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-01-26 at 10:55.
Old 2009-01-26, 12:25   Link #280
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spyware Terminator had the worst detection rate when i last install it. The only redeeming value i got from it was ClamAV manage to find a worm in my PC which AVG free fail to detect hence why i switch to Avira which has the best virus detection rate and i also have Panda Anti Rootkit.

Anyway i recently install a-squared Free 4.0 and i might take your suggestion of installing Spybot or HijackThis.

P.S. Should i uninstall Spyware Doctor for another freeware Anti-spyware and why does RogueRemover Free look and sounds like a Rogue software?
Ad-Aware, Spybot and Hijackthis are credible tools for spyware removal, but for now try to keep a watch on RogueRemover. For antiviruses, AVG Free and Avira are the only ones currently in my installation kit, but right now Avira seems to be usable:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6100931AAxbI3V

Yeah, please use only one loaded antivirus utility.

-------------
Offtopic: Again, I have respect for Windows and Linux if used properly; it's just that there's a problem with something between the seat and the screen, and I'm tired with the OS bashing. Please keep this thread on topic.

Tags
software