Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 12:59   Link #1121
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Poor Kuro, though. She's completely overwhelmed by these people. I really hope that turns around next week, even to a small degree. If she can make a dent in Teru, that'll be a huge victory. Though next week also features something else I'm looking forward to. Nodoka and her tracts of land.
All Kuro needs is one hand scoring at least a haneman with her dora magnet. For greater dramatic effect - it has to be a baiman. And seeing how it cuts off at South 3 with Kuro @ dealer. I'm gonna expect something out of her.

===

And my goodness. Most serious pairing in the whole franchise:

Spoiler:
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 13:22   Link #1122
King-Slayer

I would freak out if i was at the table and saw Teru's hand start that wind thing she does. I feel bad for Kuro because she's not even in the same league as the rest of them, heck even Kirame (who's awesome) is doing more than her.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 13:33   Link #1123
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I would freak out if i was at the table and saw Teru's hand start that wind thing she does. I feel bad for Kuro because she's not even in the same league as the rest of them, heck even Kirame (who's awesome) is doing more than her.
I realize. Kuro hasn't lost points by ron (yet), despite her inability to do anything. So, while the others end up exchanging points, she's just hanging around. That's prime position to strike back with just one hand.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:34   Link #1124
Marina2

OH,

- Those special effects are *10 more awesome than in manga ^^
- Yuri power is *3 stronger than in manga.

and.......so that is the correct translation for "Three armies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I realize. Kuro hasn't lost points by ron (yet), despite her inability to do anything. So, while the others end up exchanging points, she's just hanging around. That's prime position to strike back with just one hand.
Eh, Kuro got ron in the first round by Teru.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:43   Link #1125
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Oh my freakin' tears.

Toki's foresight rendered ineffective, and I can very much see how Saki's rinshan works as a direct counter to Teru.
Whenever you say that, I keep thinking of this:

Spoiler for The Perfect Matching Fanarts:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 13:44   Link #1126
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Eh, Kuro got ron in the first round by Teru.
LOL. I watched the episode twice and still didn't realize it. It's what happens when y'mentally zone into something specific. In this case, Toki's role in this episode.

===

Oh. Just a 1,000 point hand.
Old 2012-06-10, 14:28   Link #1127
Peanutbutter

"I now declare you, wife and wife." - Father Sera

As much as the manga was well-animated, the budget limitation comes in again. The mirror is not impressive, to my disappointment.

Maybe I'll post more impressions later.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 15:05   Link #1128
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I just realized that Teru plays first out of her team members and Saki plays last. How are the final battle suppose to happen if that is the order = =;; my guess would be Teru vs Saki playing in last position and Saki winning last hand just like how she beat Koromo.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:06   Link #1129
night_sentinel

Well before everything I would like to comment on the wonderful BGM that this episode delivered. Its my favorite part of the episode. The BGM was really suspenseful and exciting.. a fitting accompaniment to a battle with the final boss. Though, I agree with those that said that certain images look more powerful in the manga like Teru's mirror and tornado hand but I feel the BGM somewhat make up for it.

Anyway, the star of this episode is undoubtedly Toki. This episode would most likely make her shoot up to my favorite character for Achiga-hen barring the original cast. Its also nice to know more of the mechanics of her mahjong precognition (she can see literally seconds in the future which is shown in the anime like a fast forward button) and its corresponding limitation (if she changed anything she won't see anything for some turns).

Kirame is also beginning to grow on me. The fact that she managed to play in this match with a smile and not be totally depressed after the drubbing Teru probably inflicted on her last match is really amazing.

Kuro ... umm... better luck next time?

And Teru, she really is living up to her hype! She now have a seriously large margin of points and there are still 2 more dealerships that everyone has to contend with. Seriously, I think it was lucky that Teru was the 1st dealer if stopping her is this hard. The show even lampshades it, when the crowd went wild for a measly 1,000 points... apparently winning when Teru is playing is a great achievement by itself.

Though regarding Teru herself, is it me or does she looks bored while playing? Everyone is so serious and Teru's facial expression for me feels like she was zoning out of the match.

@ZGMF-X10A
Yup, Teru and Saki won't fight personally on the team tournament. The Kiyosumi player that Teru would most likely face is Yuuki as shown in the preview of the original season. The only way for the Miyanaga siblings to fight head on is in the individual tournament.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 16:37   Link #1130
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Are you me, sentinel? Oh well, I'll still give my opinions on the matter.

Spoiler for IT'S HAPPENING:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:13   Link #1131
Kyuu
=^^=

Just a note. I have already watched Eps 9 at least 4 times. Oh these mahjong senses. They feel like... tingling.
Old 2012-06-10, 18:30   Link #1132
RJ TAYLER

Boy oh boy Achia (and the others) are in more trouble than Flash Gordon here!! I am struggling to find them a way out. Number six at least had the option of getting off the island in the 1960s The Prisoner TV series, these girls are facing the mah-jong equivalent of a Dalek, exterminating all opposition raised against her. I am even scratching my head to think of a table of players that we have seen in 30 plus episodes, that would be a vaguely even match against her, I can only think of Koromo and/or her sister Miyanaga and that's it (outside of the pros).
Old 2012-06-10, 18:42   Link #1133
gaiar31

BGM Big Boss.

Agika team is normal people they fight many normal team no have skil same shiraitodai teru team kiyozumi saki team and many team in nagano zone.....

very bad luck for them...

Miyanaga family is demon and evil for everyone.

R.I.P for Toki and kuro

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 19:24   Link #1134
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
For now.

WOW, on Teru's counter to Toki's riichi attack. To split an "anko" (triplet), only to pon using the remaining "toitsu" (pair) just to prevent "ippatsu". WTF
Remember Akagi? He is another example where he split the triplet of a HAKU(A dragon tile.) to ron Ishikawa with that trick, which is to keep a Haku pair just in case Ishikawa try to cheat.(Difference is that there is no riichi stick, 2nd Akagi ron from Ishikawa, 3rd Akagi won by Rinshan Kaihou.(Min Kan version.))
Old 2012-06-10, 19:32   Link #1135
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I think the most epic part was Kirame thinking "So let's stop her quickly."
Kirame: Riichi! (Discards 7 pin)
Teru: Ron (Off 7 pin)
Kirame: Marvelous?
Teru: 7,700

Liking to get ron off the title you discard on Riichi would feel absolutely crushing , Teru truly is a monster.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 19:36   Link #1136
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I think the most epic part was Kirame thinking "So let's stop her quickly."
Kirame: Riichi! (Discards 7 pin)
Teru: Ron (Off 7 pin)
Kirame: Marvelous?
Teru: 7,700

Liking to get ron off the title you discard on Riichi would feel absolutely crushing , Teru truly is a monster.
Ouch... Its like she knew whats coming...

And oh god the animation... 1 Eye Innovator's eye... All she used there also has no way to stop Teru?...(Toki deduced that she tsumo on 6s, but who knew... even if Toki pons, there is a possibility of 6s... And poor 1p AGAIN...)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-10 at 19:52.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 19:49   Link #1137
Qilin
Romanticist

Damn. As a manga reader, I can hardly express just how long I've been waiting to see this match in animation.

Teru certainly did not disappoint. She's truly the monster everyone made her out to be. Seeing her tornado arm in action was simply glorious. To top it all off, her stoicism (and emotionless voice) did wonders to portray her as the unstoppable force of nature that she is. I kind of feel sorry for Toki, Kuro, and Kirame, but that's just the way things are.

On another note, I think this episode confirms one interesting thing: Teru's power involves bending fate in her favor, seeing as even Toki's precognition is unable to stop her. I guess that both Saki and Koromo should be capable of this as well.

Speaking of Koromo, this is becoming more and more similar to that match with her in the main series. The only difference this time is that Saki isn't here to bail everyone out.
Old 2012-06-10, 19:55   Link #1138
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Damn. As a manga reader, I can hardly express just how long I've been waiting to see this match in animation.

Teru certainly did not disappoint. She's truly the monster everyone made her out to be. Seeing her tornado arm in action was simply glorious. To top it all off, her stoicism (and emotionless voice) did wonders to portray her as the unstoppable force of nature that she is. I kind of feel sorry for Toki, Kuro, and Kirame, but that's just the way things are.

On another note, I think this episode confirms one interesting thing: Teru's power involves bending fate in her favor, seeing as even Toki's precognition is unable to stop her. I guess that both Saki and Koromo should be capable of this as well.

Speaking of Koromo, this is becoming more and more similar to that match with her in the main series. The only difference this time is that Saki isn't here to bail everyone out.
When you think about it, Toki's precognition is against enemy players. God knows what Toki did before Teru's 6s tsumo.

The next one, since no one try to call, there is no way the movements change.

All these are assuming Toki did only 1 turn ahead of all enemy players.(This is against enemy players. Look at that Innovator's eye. I knew it...)
Old 2012-06-10, 19:59   Link #1139
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Remember Akagi? He is another example where he split the triplet of a HAKU(A dragon tile.) to ron Ishikawa with that trick, which is to keep a Haku pair just in case Ishikawa try to cheat.(Difference is that there is no riichi stick, 2nd Akagi ron from Ishikawa, 3rd Akagi won by Rinshan Kaihou.(Min Kan version.))
A, forgot about that. Well. Akagi's aim was different; to fool Ishikawa on his hand composition.

Teru's used the same technique to offset the tile draw.
Old 2012-06-10, 20:03   Link #1140
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Can you hear it? I hear the sound of a train that is slowly, but inexorably, accelerating down its tracks.

With that obligatory train metaphor done with, I admit to cheering a bit myself when Kirame managed to (temporarily) stop Teru's win streak. Even though, as a manga reader, that I know what's to come, it's hard NOT to root for these girls, in face of the unstoppable force that is Miyanaga Teru.

And Kuro, poor POOR Kuro. Get a hint girl, the other two are trying to force the breaks on the train! Do your part!

P.S. I found it funny to see Shizuno actually wearing the Achiga school uniform -- never mind a skirt! -- in Kuro's flashback. So she doesn't always go naked with a jersey jacket after all, ahaha.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri