AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 29.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-28, 14:41   Link #41
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
We learned that Slaine hates the earth and earthlings, a world inhabited by ordinary barbarians, the similarities with Bizon are increasingly clear, Slaine never called the lower class, he never visited, or stopped to hear their views. He deeply hate the Terrans, all your motivations, revolve around his obsession for the princess.
And the principal every episode, the arguments and allegations of Slaine fans comes collapsing, and being denied, through the anime facts.
And now what excuse that User, who maintained that Slaine not hate the Terrans, after watching this episode will.
And the main, every episode, the arguments and allegations of Slaine fans is falling apart, and being denied, through the anime facts.
Another important factor. Harklight is commanding the troops, is the strategies, tactics and battle plans, he who is leading the invasion. Harklight is the one who shows concern about the events on the battlefield, and the progress of the war.
While Slaine sits with his drama with princessas.

I'm honestly not surprised that Harklight is the brains behind the operation. The beginning of episode 15 implies that Harklight was the one coordinating that. Slaine was just following his instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
He betrayed so many people and toyed with their feelings...He is responsible for so many suffering that i hope he will not get away with something so easy like getting stabbed.

There must be some kind of tribunal, like the Nuremberg Trials, Slaine and other war criminals need to be put on.
Seeing Inaho and Asseylum be intimate in whatever way will be punishment enough. Then, he can eat that "all I care about his Asseylum's happiness" bs he's spouting.
Old 2015-02-28, 14:41   Link #42
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
normaly you also don't start an invasion for the princess who wanted peace...since he say he's doing it for her...
(12:01) Its a world inhabited by vulgar trash.
So Slaine is now as racist as the other counts?

Old 2015-02-28, 14:42   Link #43
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
normaly you halso don't start an invasion for the princess who wanted peace...since he say he's doing it for her...
But how is all of what he is doing all for the sake of Asseylum when he admitted the he lost faith that she will ever wake up from her coma. I don't buy it at all.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-02-28, 14:43   Link #44
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Seeing Inaho and Asseylum be intimate in whatever way will be punishment enough. Then, he can eat that "all I care about his Asseylum's happiness" bs he's spouting.
Well, that would make me happy too, but a war criminal needs a trial where he can be taken responsible for his crimes. It also is important that future generations know what was going on und who is responsible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
Yeah, but I am not even sure what made him hate the Terrans so much in the first place.
Rassism is not really rational in the fist place...
Old 2015-02-28, 14:48   Link #45
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
the princess was thinking of inaho instead of him, end of the mistery
I think it does come down to Inaho the princess is in like with him and he and slaine didn't have a good first meeting. I thought Slaine would be like Kaneki from TG but I think I was thinking to high. Good episode and Asseylum finally remembers.
Old 2015-02-28, 14:49   Link #46
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
But how is all of what he is doing all for the sake of Asseylum when he admitted the he lost faith that she will ever wake up from her coma. I don't buy it at all.
It's the same when he says he doesn't have any dreams. You don't get that far without having a clear goal in mind
Old 2015-02-28, 14:50   Link #47
endarion88

also about harklight loyality to him..i want to see if it will last, he is loyal to slaine becouse he tought slaine was doing this also for the lower class of mars, i don't think it will sit well with him when he discover he doesn't give a fuck about mars lower class and just want the princess
Old 2015-02-28, 14:54   Link #48
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It is obvious that Slaine is putting on different masks whenever he is talking to different people that it's becoming hard to know what he really is thinking, which is the direct opposite of inaho who we can't figure out because he always has this blank expression and never talks much.

Although from this episode it looks like inaho's all-seeing eye takes a toll on his brain/body or that his all-seeing eye still can't see where Asseylum is and he's feeling frustrated, and so we now know what face he makes when he's in pain or is frustrated.

Inaho's motivations are quite simple to see, defeat the martians and retrieve asseylum. Why defeat the martians? that one is obvious, it was stated in episode 2 or 3 of season 1 when his friend got killed. Why retrieve Asseylum? Because he's still a teenage boy, and his crush was taken away by his rival.

Slaine's situation is more complicated, although also not that hard to figure out. His primary motivation is to insulate Asseylum from everything that is happening "outside", trying to keep her in a state that he likes her to be, hence his advice to her to "don't try to remember". To make that plan succeed, he is manipulating Lemirina to help him by telling her that they're the same, that they're only trying to carve out a place for them. Considering that Lemirina is still a martian after all, he even resorted to calling earthlings as vulgar trash to get her to his side, and to reinforce the idea that what they're doing to earth is right. He's also doing the same to Harklight, playing the "I was also a pleb like you but now we're taking revenge on the Vers hierarchy that oppressed you" card with him. He is also playing yet another card on eddelritto, the "I still care for the princess but this is the only way to ensure that she's happy and safe" card when the loli maid asked about his motivations by having Lemirina appear as Asseylum.

By this point it's obvious that Slaine doesn't care at all what Asseylum wants. Inaho pointed out that if Asseylum wanted peace between earth and mars again, she wouldn't have the credibility to act as broker since Lem and Slaine practically demolished her reputation. The mere mention of the name Inaho from Asseylum was enough to cause Slaine to walk away in anger. And with with that, I conclude that Yuki-nee is still the best girl.
Old 2015-02-28, 14:58   Link #49
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Wow what a cliffhanger. Next week's episode is definitely going to be action packed. Time to see how Lemrina and Asseylum each handle their sudden realizations and how Slaine will deal with their confrontations. This is a wild guess but I see Lemrina and Asseylum teaming up at one point or another because their interests align: Assyelum wants to go to Earth and Lemrina wants to see her gone. The former part is just pure speculation though.
Old 2015-02-28, 14:59   Link #50
MartianMage

And things are finally crumbling for Slaine. The suffering will be sweet... kekeke
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-02-28, 15:00   Link #51
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
No. She wanted to be loved. She wanted a place to belong to. It's not that she wanted to take away things from Asseylum, it's just that the person closest to giving her what she wanted was in Asseylum's possession (if you can call it that). If Slaine would have been obsessing over Harklight then Lemrina would probably try to take Slaine away from Harklight.
And Asseylum was someone whom she felt was loved. That's why she agreed to be her and then she wanted everything else that was hers.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:09   Link #52
Irenesharda

Quote:
He wanted to create a world of coexistance. That is what Asseylum wanted. He wanted to do that for her, whether she was awake to see it or not.

Quote:

If he's doing all this for Asseylum's sake then he doesn't know her very well
He knows her very well, it's the world he's had to surround himself in to do it that has corrupted him. He's had to become like the counts to gain power in order to reach his goals. It's like having fresh fruit around rotten ones. You begin to get a little dirty yourself.

Quote:
When that condemnation comes from the woman who he loves, the person who he based all his decision around then heck yeah it will make a difference. It would probably destroy him if Asseylum looks at him in horror. It might even set him further in a darker path.
If it comes, he knows it would come from her. He's expecting it. It won't make any difference from how he feels now. Also, you do realize that this show has to end in 4 episode, we really don't have time for him to go into a "darker" path if we plan for any kind of future for the Earth. The UFE leaders are idiots, and they are sending all their men to the slaughter. Slaine has control over the Vers forces, he's the one that can guide them. They won't listen to Asseylum anymore, there was already a transfer of power. Also, they would do their own thing if Slaine wasn't holding the reins. If anyone is going to take command of the situation, so that this series won't end with all of the Terrans dying, it will have to be Slaine. He's the linchpin in this entire situation. People are so busy thing about shipping and if she will or won't reject him, that they are forgetting the plot itself. It's not just about that. This series has been about co-existence since the beginning. In order for that to be accomplished both sides have to see eye to eye. Slaine commands one of those sides. Instead of hoping that he'll be destroyed, people might wanting him to come to his senses. It would serve the plot much better in the small amount of time that's left.

Quote:
Considering that Slaine's lies is the cause of her snapping then Slaine better do some fast talking if he wants to "save" her from doing something drastic.
Actually, it's her guilt over causing her sister's death that is causing her to crack, it's the thought that Slaine will never love her because of her sister's presence. He lied to her to protect Asseylum from her, who he knows she hates. It's Lemrina's own feelings, her hatred, her grudge, her love, her guilt that are eating her up from the inside. She has to make peace with herself and Asseylum before she can ever go one to any meaningful relationship with anybody. She and Asseylum have yet to meet. I think we'll probably be seeing that very soon, either this next episode or the one after.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-28, 15:10   Link #53
Arkard

I'm sure Lemrina has now put 1+1 together after stumbling upon the fact that Asseylum's not in Slaine's hime lava lamp after lamenting that Slaine's keeps heading off to wherever. Given her fantastic mental state and her seemingly increasing obsessiveness with Slaine, ****'s gonna hit the fan.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:13   Link #54
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It is obvious that Slaine is putting on different masks whenever he is talking to different people that it's becoming hard to know what he really is thinking, which is the direct opposite of inaho who we can't figure out because he always has this blank expression and never talks much.

Although from this episode it looks like inaho's all-seeing eye takes a toll on his brain/body or that his all-seeing eye still can't see where Asseylum is and he's feeling frustrated, and so we now know what face he makes when he's in pain or is frustrated.

Inaho's motivations are quite simple to see, defeat the martians and retrieve asseylum. Why defeat the martians? that one is obvious, it was stated in episode 2 or 3 of season 1 when his friend got killed. Why retrieve Asseylum? Because he's still a teenage boy, and his crush was taken away by his rival.

Slaine's situation is more complicated, although also not that hard to figure out. His primary motivation is to insulate Asseylum from everything that is happening "outside", trying to keep her in a state that he likes her to be, hence his advice to her to "don't try to remember". To make that plan succeed, he is manipulating Lemirina to help him by telling her that they're the same, that they're only trying to carve out a place for them. Considering that Lemirina is still a martian after all, he even resorted to calling earthlings as vulgar trash to get her to his side, and to reinforce the idea that what they're doing to earth is right. He's also doing the same to Harklight, playing the "I was also a pleb like you but now we're taking revenge on the Vers hierarchy that oppressed you" card with him. He is also playing yet another card on eddelritto, the "I still care for the princess but this is the only way to ensure that she's happy and safe" card when the loli maid asked about his motivations by having Lemirina appear as Asseylum.

By this point it's obvious that Slaine doesn't care at all what Asseylum wants. Inaho pointed out that if Asseylum wanted peace between earth and mars again, she wouldn't have the credibility to act as broker since Lem and Slaine practically demolished her reputation. The mere mention of the name Inaho from Asseylum was enough to cause Slaine to walk away in anger. And with with that, I conclude that Yuki-nee is still the best girl.
I'ma let you finish, but asseylum and Inko is the best girls for Inaho. Incest is a sin
Old 2015-02-28, 15:17   Link #55
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Well...things are going to get messy real fast now.

I wasn't a Slaine supporter because of all the things that he did or did not do but right now I actually feel sorry for the guy (maybe I'm just being too kind). Where he now ends up and what ill fate awaits him at the end are not solely the results of his own decisions but also the lack of a good companion by his side. In a situation where all he had encountered were mistrust, discrimination, and corruption, Slaine had little guidance when choosing the path to take. I'm sure if Asseylum had been by his side from the beginning, he might not have warped into the person he is now. Of course, there are exceptional individuals who have enough control to choose what is right in the face of societal pollution but those individuals are rare -- and sadly Slaine is not such an individual.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2015-02-28 at 15:29.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:19   Link #56
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
He wanted to create a world of coexistance.
Has Slaine ever given any hint about this? As far as I can remember, the most he ever admits to was his desire to reform Mars for the sake of the Martian people. I didn't catch anything about coexisting with Earth. At least, no differently than what the other Martians would view as coexistence, Earth being ruled by Mars.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:20   Link #57
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
I'ma let you finish, but asseylum and Inko is the best girls for Inaho. Incest is a sin
i think he was talking on a general level and not as love interest XD
Old 2015-02-28, 15:22   Link #58
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
I couldn't really care less who Inaho ends up with actually , I'm taking yuki-nee for myself
Old 2015-02-28, 15:23   Link #59
ChampDream
Alive

that pendant is a walking plot, now let see what the princess do, if she confront Slaine right away or wait and see the situation.
Inaho look like in pain for overusing his eyes, well I guess it was about time a side effect started to show for using that eye.
well Slaine isn't going to have a good time after seeing Lemrina again.
Old 2015-02-28, 15:31   Link #60
Kurohane

What Slaine's gotten himself into is one of his own doing so I can't feel any sympahty for him. Even in beginning of this episode when Saazbaum shows Slaine Asseylum in the chamber for the first time. All I could think about was "get back to the battle already". And he chose this for himself not anyone else. He decided gamble on the one who moments ago just shot her, instead of the one who couldn't even stand, dragging his battered body to help her, and all because of some petty jealousy/fear his place has been taken. That ultimately showed his allegiance was to himself.

The UEF top brass are useless as everyone suspected, giving unreasonable orders without the proper coordination and resources. We can't really expect help from them until it's absolutely necessary. Also, Darzana and the others were just discussing that the enemy's endgame isn't so simple that superior resources can solve it, but in the end, that's what HQ is telling them that's what they are going with.

Lemrina finds out that Asseylum is gone, and Asseylum has her memories returned. That protective charm was never that good at protecting her, but it now serves as a checkhov's gun, in an ironic fashion. I hoped it would have secrets on Aldnoah from Doctor Troyard, but I don't see that happening now that it's away from those that would need it.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2015-03-01 at 13:58.
Closed Thread