AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-14, 13:49   Link #321
Kouvley

Torch is actually quite a nice song after listening to the full version.

Toki Wo Kizamu Uta is undoubtedly the reason to buy this single though. Such a beautiful song, such heart rending lyrics. T_T
Old 2008-11-14, 13:58   Link #322
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Beautiful. The lyrics of Toki wo Kizamu Uta more or less hinted at what is to come for those that understand. Who better than the game writer Maeda himself to pen the lyrics? (He also composed the original tune which the song is based on (Onaji Takami e) himself as well. )
Old 2008-11-14, 15:52   Link #323
fuukostar

Does anyone know if the piano version is the only full version of Toki o Kizamu Uta? Is there a full version that sounds more similar to the OP?
Old 2008-11-14, 16:00   Link #324
fuukostar

Nevermind, it sounds closer the the OP when you listen to the mp3 rather than youtube. Sorry!
Old 2008-11-14, 16:04   Link #325
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I completely fell in love with Toki wo Kizamu Uta the moment I first heard it in the anime OP and was waiting forever for it to finally come out! (Downloaded both, lol). Now I can't stop listening to them
Old 2008-11-14, 16:45   Link #326
Vegard Aune

Okay, went and listened to the full opening on Youtube... Damn, I HAVE to get that single, even if I've been totally fine with downloading everything in the past. The song is just too damn excellent. And the lyrics... Just... Excuse me, I've gotta go cry now. Too damn beautiful, just like the soundtrack for the series. God, there are hardly even words to describe how fantastic the music in Clannad is. Possibly the greatest anime-soundtrack I've ever heard.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:37   Link #327
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

I LOVE the full version of the OP and the ED songs............

gahhhh ;__; it gives me a feel good feeling
Old 2008-11-14, 19:40   Link #328
Jeiku

As much as I love "Toki wo Kizamu Uta," for some reason, I don't really think the full version is as well-arranged as it could have been. It feels like the TV size version was actually tacked onto it, or rather, it feels like two separate recordings were done before being spliced together.

To me, the TV size version felt much more powerful. I still like it, though.
Old 2008-11-14, 21:06   Link #329
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Ah, I wish the karaoke version of Toki wo Kizamu Uta was an instrumental version instead of a karaoke version. Aside from that, chills are running down my spine. The full version of both of these songs are very nice.
Old 2008-11-14, 23:16   Link #330
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

if some1 could make the clannad op (instrumental) in little big planet, i would love to see that
Old 2008-11-15, 01:57   Link #331
TenkenXD
The Terror of Death

Speaking of Toki wo Kizamu Uta, has anyone seen the FULL translated lyrics? I could just be a total dumbass here but they totally foreshadow the ending of AS.
It's one of my favorite songs now.

11/12/08: Bought Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World at 6:18 P.M.
11/14/08: Finished Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World at 2:21 P.M.

Anything else...?
Old 2008-11-15, 02:00   Link #332
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenkenXD View Post
Speaking of Toki wo Kizamu Uta, has anyone seen the FULL translated lyrics? I could just be a total dumbass here but they totally foreshadow the ending of AS.
It's one of my favorite songs now.
Previous page.

Both from Atashi.
Old 2008-11-15, 11:12   Link #333
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Toki Wo Kizamu Uta is really beautiful. The lyrics are really perfect for the story. Here's a little translation of the song.
Spoiler for Lyrics translation:
Old 2008-11-15, 11:47   Link #334
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5249196

Gotta hand it to this guy. He managed to just play out Toki wo Kizamu Uta on the piano just by listening to the tune. Someone should help this awesome guy do some promotions by listing the video on YouTube as well.
Old 2008-11-15, 12:34   Link #335
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Wow, those lyrics match Clanand so well, the After Story more specifically.
So beautiful...
Old 2008-11-15, 18:32   Link #336
ryokoalways

Only seen the OP, can't stop looping the song.

Don't quite have the same attachment to ED yet.

In any case, I think Toki wo Kizamu uta is easily the best OP of the season. I prefer this one to the OP of season one.

The only problem is that if you know Japanese the song may spoil the story (if you haven't found out already). I think most already know what's going to happen. But because of that, it's going to have that much greater of an impact on the viewers.

Looking forward to this (haven't started viewing yet).
Old 2008-11-15, 21:06   Link #337
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5249196

Gotta hand it to this guy. He managed to just play out Toki wo Kizamu Uta on the piano just by listening to the tune. Someone should help this awesome guy do some promotions by listing the video on YouTube as well.
I don't have a niconico account, but if that thumbnail is correct, that guy actually posted here about a page ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIshter View Post
I have to comment on how awesome the OP is for After Story, music wise. Chord progression in the middle was pretty creative too. Loved the singing (lol of course) because of Lia's specific style especially the rubato when singing the chorus - it made it more passionate and emotional.

Can't wait for the middle of November. FULL VERSION!

Also, I don't know if this is allowed, but I made my own arrangement of the TV Size version of the OP. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7itQ5sh20
Old 2008-11-15, 21:15   Link #338
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Toki Wo Kizamu Uta is really beautiful. The lyrics are really perfect for the story. Here's a little translation of the song.
Spoiler for Lyrics translation:
You should try to credit the translation.
It was also posted a few posts back here.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2008-11-16, 05:12   Link #339
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryokoalways View Post
In any case, I think Toki wo Kizamu uta is easily the best OP of the season. I prefer this one to the OP of season one.
Agreed. Not only that, but I'd say it's at least equal to Tori no Uta from Air, which I'd say is one of the best openings ever. That's how great I think this song is. And excluding Tori no Uta, I'd say it puts every other opening/ending/insert song/image song/whatever from Key's visual novels to shame.
...Okay, maybe Chiisana Tenohira and Natsukage are better.
Old 2008-11-18, 00:22   Link #340
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah I'm actually giving Toki wo Kizamu Uta (Full Version) a pass as well. It's nice to hear an opening for this type of show that I can actually not just tolerate listening too, but actually thoroughly enjoy. The Key/Visual Arts series of adaptations has had an excellent history of solid openings and endings. Especially Kanon's where even if I couldn't say I found the show earth shattering that I absolutely loved the ending theme in all of it's 90's goodness.
Closed Thread