AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the server speed compared to the old one ?
better 17 32.69%
equal 28 53.85%
not better 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-07-26, 13:11   Link #21
Lefteris_D

Has anyone tried the free Zend Optimizer with php5? So far the FAQ page still mentions php4 so I doubt if it has support for version 5.
Old 2004-07-26, 13:29   Link #22
TheShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
The main problem "was" swapping since apache / mysql uses a lot mem.
Evil swapping

As for apache and memory usage, synce you are at apache 2, I assume you have tried/is using the worker mpm instead of the default prefork mpm?

I wouldn't be able to tell if I find the forums any faster atm cause my upload is almost saturated from bt atm =)
TheShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 13:38   Link #23
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
Has anyone tried the free Zend Optimizer with php5? So far the FAQ page still mentions php4 so I doubt if it has support for version 5.
Upcoming turck version should support php5 Anyway http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...ki.com&probe=1 forum server is using php5 and I am not sure if that is wise...yet. For me server load times are ~same
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 13:40   Link #24
TheShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
I doubt it would be of much help in the case of swapping, could possibly making it worse. As for lowering the cpu time spent on each page you'd probably gain more using mmcache, as Mb81 has already tried, or Zend Accelerator compared to Zend Optimizer.
Old 2004-07-26, 14:35   Link #25
Mb81

Before someone ask; i had to restart mysql around 4 times. I maybe found a new bug concerning mysql "user tables". I defined a local user which can select, insert, update, etc.. and one outside ip based user, which only can select..

For some reason, mysql takes the outsite user for the one, which connects local... damm it.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 14:43   Link #26
TheShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Before someone ask; i had to restart mysql around 4 times. I maybe found a new bug concerning mysql "user tables". I defined a local user which can select, insert, update, etc.. and one outside ip based user, which only can select..

For some reason, mysql takes the outsite user for the one, which connects local... damm it.
Interresting, I've also had problems with mysql users, specifically when they have been limited to SELECT queries on a few tables. They work find to begin with, but after some time they start getting access denied on tables that they do have access to

Sometimes it works with a couple of mysql restarts, other times I have to recreate the user.
Old 2004-07-26, 15:02   Link #27
7thMethuselah

Works perfectly, speed doesn't seem to have changed, now if only the problem with the search button would be solved one day (That day would even better than the day naruto gets licensed )
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 18:43   Link #28
eLstar
(^_^)v

I had a lot of trouble with the previous server, and I've yet to have any problems so for now I say it's better.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 19:40   Link #29
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I think that it's a tad bit better. It seems to take a sec to "think" when I click on a thread or make a selection in the drop down, but I guess that's to be expected.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 15:58   Link #30
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Is the server move really already finished? Today I got some site not found errors + server is busy messages.

Just wanted to let you know.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 16:05   Link #31
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I think the server move was finished on Sunday but certainly the last 4 or so hours the forum seems to have been very slow. But I doubt the slowness has anything to do with the server move.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 20:44   Link #32
Mb81

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I think the server move was finished on Sunday but certainly the last 4 or so hours the forum seems to have been very slow. But I doubt the slowness has anything to do with the server move.
Well, for animesuki of couse; but there are still other sites + some mysql work.

Therefore some problems today with load.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 21:03   Link #33
Shadowlord
~DESU

they really need a new server, or split the forums to another server. For the last 10 minutes, I have been getting nothing but server busy messages.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 15:04   Link #34
kamij0

Forum seems to be working fine for most of you all, but howcome i got a timed out notice while loading the forum most of the time , ( my ISP is working fine, able to surf other websites too). When i can load the pages, it'll take quite slow, i think the previous server works better for me
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote