AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-29, 20:49   Link #5841
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The suspicions are due to the fact that 2 out of the 3 people in the Idiot Trio just happen to be pretty important people so far and also the fact that Aogami was dodging esper attacks pretty easily in Daihasei. Plus, it's entirely possible that if Aogami was the sixth Level 5 he somehow managed to hide himself as a Level 0, probably to get rid of people bothering him or something.

It all fits. Plus, I'd like to see him actually do something cool for once instead of just spouting perverted comments all the time.

As for the Dorm Manager, I don't even consider her human anymore...
Old 2010-10-29, 20:50   Link #5842
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Really? I guess she's a potential candidate then, as well as Ao. We'll just have to see. I wonder if there are any Level 5's elsewhere in the world though... Hm...

I really want to see Queen already. Her power seems so cheap.
Old 2010-10-29, 20:52   Link #5843
outerelf

Cheap? Someone who can control minds? If that's cheap, I'd hate to see what you think is powerful then...
Old 2010-10-29, 20:53   Link #5844
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
As for the Dorm Manager, I don't even consider her human anymore...
Maybe Aiwass is "having fun" by disguising herself in human form as the Dorm manager?

they are both female and they are both impossibly strong
Old 2010-10-29, 20:54   Link #5845
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Cheap? Someone who can control minds? If that's cheap, I'd hate to see what you think is powerful then...
I mean, if she could essentially just look at you and control your body, mind, memories, and personality, then how does one win in a direct confrontation?
Old 2010-10-29, 20:56   Link #5846
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Maybe Aiwass is "having fun" by disguising herself in human form as the Dorm manager?

they are both female and they are both impossibly strong
Aiwass isn't female, is androgynous the chinesse translations uses "she" to avoid the excessive use of "it", same with Gabriel.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:01   Link #5847
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm even having thoughts that Aogami Pierce is a KIHARA.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:05   Link #5848
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I mean, if she could essentially just look at you and control your body, mind, memories, and personality, then how does one win in a direct confrontation?
Make a more powerful Level 5 attack her, duh. I doubt she could control your mind if you hit her unexpectedly and make her lose her focus. If you're going by that logic than ALL of the Level 5's have cheap powers, especially Accel and Kakine, who are pretty much guaranteed to not be affected by the Queen's abilities at all.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:05   Link #5849
outerelf

Quote:
One doesn't. Unless one manages to disrupt her concentration. That's the power of a level 5- being able to take on armies and in a normal game/book, be a Haxx
Old 2010-10-29, 21:07   Link #5850
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Does Accelerator have the potential to deflect her "stare"? I would only assume so.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:10   Link #5851
outerelf

Accelerator has the ability to deflect vectors- and AIM I believe, so he'd be able to deflect her AIM when he's in full mode. Really though- the queen is a hikkimori and doesn't come out of whereever she is, so a fight between the two is just about impossible to tell.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:11   Link #5852
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The Queen probably emits some sort of brain wave to control people or something. It definitely won't work against Accel's autoreflect, which protects him everything including things not able to be seen by the human eye. As Accel states himself in Volume 12, "He's an ESPer who observes, calculates, and controls every vector in the world. If he lets as much as the invisible and the inaudible past, he would be unable to defend himself against the likes of radiation."
Old 2010-10-29, 21:15   Link #5853
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Like trying to find out whether a T-Rex or Spinosaurus would win, eh?

That's what I assumed as well Yuki.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:37   Link #5854
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Add Acqua and Accelerator who is pure smile now :heh.. The enemy would be beyond scared.
The novel would end because it would never be able to surpass that amount of awesome every again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
nah dorm manager for 6th lvl 5 man

maybe shes another gemstome, with one of her powers being "hide AIM" so it seem slike shes a lvl 0

I'm still voting for Aogami Pierce. There is no way in hell he is the only normal one in the Delta Force.

Quote:
Isn't Ao a 0 though?
I don't think it was ever explicitly stated he was a lvl 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
The suspicions are due to the fact that 2 out of the 3 people in the Idiot Trio just happen to be pretty important people so far and also the fact that Aogami was dodging esper attacks pretty easily in Daihasei. Plus, it's entirely possible that if Aogami was the sixth Level 5 he somehow managed to hide himself as a Level 0, probably to get rid of people bothering him or something.

It all fits. Plus, I'd like to see him actually do something cool for once instead of just spouting perverted comments all the time.
Those are pretty much my reasons for thinking he is number 6. Not to mention it seems a bit late to introduce a new character to be the 6th level 5. having someone already known be the 6th, especially someone like Aogami, would give more of a shock, and would be cooler for the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm even having thoughts that Aogami Pierce is a KIHARA.

What gave you that impression. Aogami doesn't seem like the Kihara type.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:46   Link #5855
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Delta Force. I like that.

I've started to read the Light Novels, and believe me, it's beyond interesting. If only I didn't spend the entire first half of my day on the computer, that way the reading experience would be much more enjoyable without these burning eyes.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:48   Link #5856
outerelf

Not just Delta Force- But the Baka Delta Force. That's gotta count for something.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:50   Link #5857
Asuras
Dictadere~!

A prime example of many possible fetishes (or lack of).

1) The shotacon
2) The lolicon
3) That normal guy

I wonder if Touma has a fetish?

A fetish for clones
Old 2010-10-29, 21:50   Link #5858
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
What gave you that impression. Aogami doesn't seem like the Kihara type.
Tsuchimikado doesn't seem like the spy type and Touma isn't the kind of person who had saved the city.

I'm telling you... That lolicon behavior... It's not right man...
Old 2010-10-29, 22:04   Link #5859
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thanks for the summary Flere, some thoughts about it:
- So because she doesn't knows Gunha's name she can't demand a rematch? What? Isn't she chasing Touma despite it seems he has no idea of his name? Is more easy to find one of only 7 Level5s instead searching for a Level 0 on a city where a lot of them can be found.

- Gunha is trully badass, to think he was utterly pwned without efforts by Ollerus...
Well yeah, going back to some points someone mentioned earlier Touma basically just hangs around District 7 - while Gunha doesn't stay in just one district I think.
Quote:
Yes, there is an empty level 5 slot- (and a lot of people fighting over who belongs in it; Aogami Pierce, or the Tokidowa Dorm Manager)
Tokiwadai Dorm Manager is CONFIRMED that she isn't a esper: Nayuta can't see any AIM field from her. Even Gunha, though his power isn't exactly definable she can see some kind of field around him.
Quote:
Sorry, me and names do not go along together.

Please remember that this dorm manager manages to cow *two* level 5's. Two. And then she could defeat a black ops team *by herself*. She also managed to send Gunha, who can easily overpower Mikoto, flying. If that's not a level five, then I don't know what is.

As for Aogami- his power level is never mentioned. People automatically assume its zero, but apparently, before Touma lost his memories, he considered asking Aogami for help- even after discarding Misaka as an idea.
Technically... there have been no canon instances where the Dorm Manager has ever met Mental Out. Tokiwadai has two dorms, one inside the 'School Garden' and one outside it. Mikoto is in the one outside it and Mental Out is in the dorm inside School Garden. The dorm inside School Garden was shown once in Railgun with Kongou Mitsuko's room I think.

And technically again, the Dorm Manager didn't fight Gunha... She asked Gunha to stop fighting and Gunha accepted her offer, since he didn't want to end up like Mikoto, who's KOed.

And as for the above view that the Dorm Manager is a saint like Acqua... I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be the case
Old 2010-10-29, 22:12   Link #5860
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Kanzaki ss part 4 summary:
Spoiler for kanzaki ss pt 4:

Seriously, it's getting boring. I don't like the fact that this SS is not one big continuous story. It feels like every time the villains do these kinds of stuff for petty reasons, and the way these issues are resolved lack any sort of excitement or surprise. This SS is really uninteresting compared to the Stiyl/Bardway SS and the Railgun Liberal Arts City SS. But I'm still going to continue reading it because I'm interested in the Bardway chapter and the Valkyrie chapter.

What I do like is that the jeans shop owner never fails to mention "the middle schooler Saten-san".
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen