AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-04, 03:40   Link #641
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Whose

Spoiler:

I never seemed to remember him ever o_O.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 04:01   Link #642
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Finally managed to watch it. Didn't have to wait for the weekend because I convinced a friend to come over tonight instead. Yaaaay. Great ep. I don't feel the need to summarized it since others have done a good job.... but.....

Spoiler for Ep8:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 05:59   Link #643
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Whose

Spoiler:

I never seemed to remember him ever o_O.
The Xam'd that's been talked about on the ship since episode three. That's who he is.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:46   Link #644
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hey is
Spoiler:
voiced by Zoro's VA Kazuya Nakaki? He seems to have a very familiar voice and i first linked it to Zoro, but correct if i'm wrong please and tell me who it is. I'd really like to know.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 07:47   Link #645
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Hey is
Spoiler:
voiced by Zoro's VA Kazuya Nakaki? He seems to have a very familiar voice and i first linked it to Zoro, but correct if i'm wrong please and tell me who it is. I'd really like to know.
I already mentioned it in my post. He's voiced by Fujiawara Keiji.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:48   Link #646
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I already mentioned it in my post. He's voiced by Fujiawara Keiji.
Sorry, just bursted into the thread and didn't read the previous posts. Tnx.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 15:54   Link #647
skaarji

I just rewatched ep 6
what do u think about the phrase "it's certainly imposing, but the ASP still beats it in Prana Force"? (min 10.00)
What's this Prana force? And what are they doing?
Transferring something from those 6 ASP to the Xam'd that awakens later on?

I found this:
Prana is a Sanskrit word that refers to a vital, life-sustaining force of living beings and vital energy in natural processes of the universe. Prana is a central concept in Ayurveda}Indian medicine and Yoga where it is believed to flow through a network of fine subtle channels called nadis.

P.S: duckroll, read the pm pls XD
skaarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 18:30   Link #648
zalem

Just watched ep. 8. Great episode. I'm really hating Furuichi though. He needs his ass kicked. Loved Raigyo's Xam'd form. Look forward to seeing what part he will play in this series.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:11   Link #649
typhonsentra

I'm glad that we saw some major developments in this episode.

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 01:50   Link #650
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ohh god when will the ep be out!!!!!!!!

also is there any one who cam make a short summary of the ep plsss also put it in spoiler form ehehehhe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 06:34   Link #651
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I'm really hating Furuichi though.
Ah the jealous character, you've gotta love them. He's going to be an interesting part of the series, though like i said i hope they don't build him up to be a rival to Akiyuki.

One line of his this episode to Haru was so lol though --- "You're used to waiting."
Old 2008-09-05, 08:19   Link #652
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

I'm really hating Furuichi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate him more that the villains if that is there is any villians here
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 08:55   Link #653
Key Board
Carbon

I dunno, I think the suicide bombing white kids are worse

then again I've never liked religious fanatism
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:06   Link #654
Sci-Fi

No matter what Furuichi tries to do to impress, Haru will always have a deeper connection to Akiyuki. Furuichi is just one of those characters that wants to be recognized for his accomplishments and/or abilities...see it all the time in anime, it depends on the writer(s) if the character is a good guy or a villain. Would be easy to see Furuichi becoming just as sadistic as his commanding officer that slapped Haru around.

Will be interesting to see if he changes if the Xamd's are eventually seen as good guys and not just as humanform killing machines. Surprised the South hasn't noticed the North are placing a higher priority on eliminating Xamd's.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:42   Link #655
Kirarakim

I think Furuichi is obviously confused. He blames the humanforms for what happened and thus he blames Akiyuki. It's obviously misguided hate which could lead Furuichi to do something he will later regret. But I don't think he is a bad person per say just a very confused person.

Anyways after this episode it has become clear to me that humanforms are all still human but the way other people see them makes them forget themselves and go berserk or turn into stone (I am still a little confused how all this works). But you will notice that Akiyuki started changing to stone when Furuichi was saying all those horrible things about him. I think for a moment Akiyuki was afraid maybe he was not human and this was affecting him.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:54   Link #656
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But you will notice that Akiyuki started changing to stone when Furuichi was saying all those horrible things about him. I think for a moment Akiyuki was afraid maybe he was not human and this was affecting him.
That would make a lot of sense, i mean it explains why Nakiami always has Akiyuki remembering who he is (as he was fainting in episode 08).
Old 2008-09-06, 02:23   Link #657
rpgkiller999

I hope Raigyo will train Akiyuki to fight like him, it's about time for us to see Xam kicking ass
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:12   Link #658
RGB

After watching the eighth episode, I'm a bit disappointed with the way Haru is becoming more and more ineffectual. She was flinging Furuichi around in ep. 1 and kicked ass in ep. 2. So what happened to her martial arts prowess on that bridge?
Oh, I so hope that Haru won't get fitted into a damsel in distress role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaarji View Post
I just rewatched ep 6
what do u think about the phrase "it's certainly imposing, but the ASP still beats it in Prana Force"? (min 10.00)
What's this Prana force? And what are they doing?
Transferring something from those 6 ASP to the Xam'd that awakens later on?
Spoiler for Ep. 8:
It feels like a setup for another grim revelation, in the vein of people being turned into Humanform weapons. Maybe some parts of the ASP suits have a morally questionable source.

Spoiler for stupid joke on ep. 9 preview:
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 22:21   Link #659
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
I hope Raigyo will train Akiyuki to fight like him, it's about time for us to see Xam kicking ass
Well, I'm expecting Raigyo to give Akiyuki some advice at the very least since he's Akiyuki's "Xam'd-senpai", sorta XD.

Anyway, I thought it was quite surpising that the beardy guy from the preview turned out to be Raigyo - now, I suspected that the guy might be a humanform , but he was Raigyo... O_o. I wasn't too surpised about Furuichi this episode though - he has given off a sort of bad feeling for a while - not exactly the bad guy feeling, but the feeling of someone who is sort of narrow-minded and clings to petty grudges <_<. He has also been shown as being rather jealous over Haru's feelings for Akiyuki (and now that I think about it, he seemed rather quick to try and convince Haru that Akiyuki was dead since the moment the bus exploded). And now with his new-found hatred of humanforms... Well, as soon as he saw that Akiyuki had become Xam'd, he probably thought that now he had the perfect excuse to take out his frustration on Akiyuki.. <_<.

Since he told his superiors about Akiyuki, I'm imagining a possible scenario where Akiyuki returns to the island somewhere in the middle of the series, only to find himself being a wanted man by the military of the island? <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 23:04   Link #660
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep8:

Tags
bones