AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 00:01   Link #81
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Lol, am I the only one who thought Battler's "Small bombs" theory was not incredibly stupid and made sense? xD;;
Old 2010-01-14, 00:52   Link #82
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
Lol, am I the only one who thought Battler's "Small bombs" theory was not incredibly stupid and made sense? xD;;
Nope, I believe it was a perfectly plausible theory, the bombs can't be too strong.

If the bombs were any stronger than that then those six would just be pieces lying everywhere.

I still say Battler's a lot smarter than a lot of people make him out to be.
Old 2010-01-14, 04:16   Link #83
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
Would you guys say that the novel portrays Battler as a more intelligent character?
Realizing the shit you are in does not make you intelligent, just alot more practical than you where before.
Old 2010-01-14, 16:05   Link #84
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I still say Battler's a lot smarter than a lot of people make him out to be.
He wouldn't have gotten into this mess if he had just accepted witches
He seems pretty smart already..How old is this kid?
Old 2010-01-14, 17:13   Link #85
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

It is said that he is 18, but actually, it is under debate since some time^^.
The fact that he don't want to accept witches is not a question of intelligence: it is a question of will power and convictions.
Old 2010-01-14, 17:15   Link #86
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
It is said that he is 18, but actually, it is under debate since some time^^.
The fact that he don't want to accept witches is not a question of intelligence: it is a question of will power and convictions.
Well, yes, but If he was truly intelligent, wouldn't he know he would be trapped in a time loop with a sadistic witch who kills his family over and over?
Old 2010-01-14, 18:52   Link #87
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Well, yes, but If he was truly intelligent, wouldn't he know he would be trapped in a time loop with a sadistic witch who kills his family over and over?
He's smart, not psychic. xD
Old 2010-01-14, 19:00   Link #88
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
He's smart, not psychic. xD
Haha
Ahh, but, in all seriousness, sure he isn't psychic but he should have at least known it would have gotten him in trouble
Old 2010-01-15, 18:57   Link #89
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Yeah but they're aren't a lot of people who wouldn't react in anger at the death of his family. Let alone hearing some over glorified bull like, "A witch killed us." Really, hearing that must have felt like a slap in the face to Battler. That's really unforgivable.
Old 2010-01-16, 00:47   Link #90
Koi

Somehow, at 5th epi I thought of Kinzo as, 'Battler that went to the past to research ways to revive Beato.'
Mediator series really affected me... *sigh*
Don't you think he's becoming more like Kinzo? Specially since epi 5?
Old 2010-01-16, 10:33   Link #91
Thunder Book
Endless Member

I think Kinzo's obsessive personality isn't actually too different from Battler. However, where Kinzo wants to revive Beatrice, Battler wants to defeat her.

Though god dammit, I wish we could bring up Episode 5 stuff here.
Old 2010-01-16, 22:55   Link #92
Thunder Book
Endless Member

While I agree with your thoughts, I don't think we're even allowed to post on marked spoilers about Chiru at this point in time.
Old 2010-01-16, 23:51   Link #93
Koi

Quote:
While I agree with your thoughts, I don't think we're even allowed to post on marked spoilers about Chiru at this point in time.
Whaaa?
seriously?
Old 2010-01-17, 13:42   Link #94
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
But if It's under spoiler tags, wouldn't it be someone elses fault if they read it?
Old 2010-01-18, 09:33   Link #95
Koi

I think Kinzo is more to the 'what I want, I get' type.
No love in that, I guess
Old 2010-01-18, 16:33   Link #96
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I think Kinzo wasn't in love with her, I think he was just "LOL HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH"
Battler, though, I think, loves her, or at least has affection of sorts
Old 2010-01-23, 10:58   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
But if It's under spoiler tags, wouldn't it be someone elses fault if they read it?
There is no "but".
The rules have been made like this so there won't be any accident and the likes.
Spoiler tags are actually not so practical, because people usually turn offguard when it is -not- in spoiler tags, leading to disastrous result at times.
But the biggest problem with the spoiler tags is the fact that a lot of people do not even bother putting a damn title to the spoiler tags (or use a totally wrong/misleading spoiler tag title), leaving a deadly bomb to anyone who was thinking it wouldn't be a VN spoiler, but a simple theory etc (too much people use spoiler tags as a mean to save up space on their posts, which make things even more complicated.

Furthermore, animesuki sub forums are dedicated to the anime series of any material source being adapted. Therefore, the generic threads were created in order to give a safe place to anime watchers.
By this definition, purging any spoiler is the most favorable procedure, for all circumstances.
Quote:
As the anime progresses, Please use spoiler tags!
VN Spoilers are NOT allowed, except if they are used for comparison sake about events that have been already shown in the anime (or if the timing has been bypassed with no way to be disclosed later on).These must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. Also please be sure to use spoiler tags for critical scenes from the Anime series with a proper title (like Episode X-Y) in order to not spoil people who didn't catch up the latest anime episodes yet.
Rules were clear, and you are to follow them. The guidelines posts of each thread aren't there for the giggles.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:02   Link #98
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But the biggest problem with the spoiler tags is the fact that a lot of people do not even bother putting a damn title to the spoiler tags (or use a totally wrong/misleading spoiler tag title), leaving a deadly bomb to anyone who was thinking it wouldn't be a VN spoiler,giggles.
Oh, that's me. I usually fail to remember to tag them correctly, if at all.
I've been trying to remember, though.
Old 2010-02-23, 11:45   Link #99
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I hate to voice my disappointed again, but have just read some Umineko manga chapters.... and just few page of the manga make me like Battler much more than the whole bloody anime...

Before i thought Battler is more of an all-talk, persistent guy without any actual gut ... i was deeply wrong....

Similar to Maria, she's much more adorable (in a creepy way) in just 3 panels of manga than the L5 animations of the whole series

I once said the Umineko is story-based instead of character-based SN like Higurashi. Now I realised that i really underestimated the original source
Old 2010-02-24, 04:20   Link #100
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

yeah and the manga isnt even the orginal, the VN is a lot better:
VN>>>Manga>>>>>>huge wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime
Closed Thread