AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 19:04   Link #3841
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Fuck the Jets. Stinkers. Assholes. Idiots. God damned fatass Rex Ryan...couldn't have beat the giants despite Eli sucking?

Right when the Eagles were starting to get hot also...

And to think, if we only blew ONE LESS LEAD, we would have controlled our own destiny.

Disgusting.

And now this dilemma, what with Juan Castillo pitching a shutout, Eagles finally starting to look like the team they were supposed to have been all season...do we keep Desean Jackson? Asante Samuel? Juan Castillo?

This...is...ridiculous and retarded.

I say let Castillo walk, move heaven and earth to keep Samuel, and as for DeSean, give him an incentive-loaded contract such that if he performs to the level he's shown he can, he'll get around 10 million. Say, $500k per touchdown catch, $5,000 per yard he gets in a season on both special teams and receiving, and subtract $250k for every drop, subtract $500k for every fumble on special teams on him as well, and give him a $1 mil base guarantee.
Old 2011-12-24, 19:14   Link #3842
GDB

I'd find it hard not to keep Asante Samuel. Castillo... hard to say. He's obviously been doing well the last few weeks, but did poorly early in the season. I'd imagine he may get one more season to prove himself, but possibly with some sort of advisor.

For DeSean, he's not going to get a big contract. He won't want to stay because of that, so he'll want to test FA. There's obviously no point in putting a tender on him, since he just won't play, or if he does play he'll be a detriment like this season. So he'll test FA, have no one offer him what he wants, and who knows what he'll do after that.

Quite obvious you guys need more O-line. You need Vick healthy. You'd have made the playoffs if he hadn't gotten knocked out of two or three of those games in the 4th quarters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:36   Link #3843
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd find it hard not to keep Asante Samuel. Castillo... hard to say. He's obviously been doing well the last few weeks, but did poorly early in the season. I'd imagine he may get one more season to prove himself, but possibly with some sort of advisor.

For DeSean, he's not going to get a big contract. He won't want to stay because of that, so he'll want to test FA. There's obviously no point in putting a tender on him, since he just won't play, or if he does play he'll be a detriment like this season. So he'll test FA, have no one offer him what he wants, and who knows what he'll do after that.

Quite obvious you guys need more O-line. You need Vick healthy. You'd have made the playoffs if he hadn't gotten knocked out of two or three of those games in the 4th quarters.
Seems the defense is a more pressing issue than O-line, but both are still critical. Receiving corps may need an upgrade. Really is a shame that Desean is becoming a miniature TO. Maybe Mike Vick can go to bat for him and keep him in Philly and get his head straight. Yeah, he definitely is underpaid, but holy shit, I'm working an internship for free right now in search of a job, and liking it, despite the fact that I've been out of college for a year and a half (worked in Chicago for way under market compared to some jobs I've seen but that's the breaks). You take what you can get.

IMO Desean dogging it like that really hurt us this season. The loss to the cards could have been averted if he wasn't suspended for that game, and if we had Vick vs. the Patriots instead of Young, that game might have gone differently had Brady not been given so much time on the field to eviscerate us.

Similarly, if the Pats beat the Giants earlier this year instead of losing in a similar fashion to SB 42...urgh.

What a downer season. Such a mediocre NFC East and just so many collapses this season...yuck. What's funny is that whoever gets into the playoffs now from the NFC East is going to be one and done. Had it been the Eagles vs. the lions or the falcons...those would have been very winnable games, though Green Bay after that...we could have had a shot if we were on top of our game.

Now? Ugh.

Going to be a long offseason full of what ifs.
Old 2011-12-24, 19:42   Link #3844
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I can't figure out the freaking Giants anymore. First they don't want to win and now they do? Well - whoever wins next week between them and Dallas will go on. However, it looks like Dallas won't have Romo.

Amusingly, if things stay the way they are, it'll be a New Orleans - Atlanta repeat 2 weeks from now!

Cincinatti are back in the driving seat for the final AFC spot. However, they have Baltimore next week while the Jets have Miami. Oakland have San Diego while Denver have Kansas City. All I can say is Kansas City had better pull off their good D of late one more time. And if the Jets somehow make it despite how they have floundered this year - I will be very sympathetic for Cincinatti. They've been pretty solid all year and finally seem to have a good system going.

And I had a feeling the Vikings would dump the Redskins! Looks like Indy have Luck secured with that result.
Old 2011-12-24, 20:11   Link #3845
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

dammit Dallas -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Edit: Something epic from Jerome Simpson in the Bengals-Cardinals game.

Damn. . .
holy crap O_O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:26   Link #3846
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
However, it looks like Dallas won't have Romo.
Romo is likely going to play imo. The Eagles had been eliminated and the Cowboys saw no reason to force Romo to play hurt for a meaningless game in terms of the playoffs.

Severe bruise, no broken bones or torn tendons, and a playoff spot on the line? He'll play or else he'll be ran out of Dallas. They're probably going to be underdogs anyway since they are going to be on the road in the cold, but with Stephen McGee they would have almost zero shot. He doesn't throw down the field enough.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:31   Link #3847
Kyuu
=^^=

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/scoreboard?leagueId=365075

Trying to get into the Championship round.... but no... Lesean McCoy goes now... FML.

Be counting on DA BEARS to limit Rodgers at least. A win would be nice - even though it wouldn't mean much.

===

Anyways. Cowboys almost shut out. They're better off shut out of the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner
I can't figure out the freaking Giants anymore. First they don't want to win and now they do? Well - whoever wins next week between them and Dallas will go on. However, it looks like Dallas won't have Romo.
Thus, it's a playoff game for these two.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/12/24/cowb..._breaking_news

And oh snap. The power of flex scheduling. We won't hear Joe Buck/Aikman casting that. LOLOLOLOL

Pity for the Chargers. To fix their chronic early season slow starts -- fire Norv Turner and AJ Smith. This team was rockin' under Schottenheimer. Look at them now.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 20:53   Link #3848
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The team was rockin' in the regular season under Schottenheimer but couldn't choke out a playoff win despite homefield advantage. Norv Turner's teams struggled in the regular season, but at least threatened to win some playoff games and make it to the championship game a couple of times.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 21:28   Link #3849
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Edit: Something epic from Jerome Simpson in the Bengals-Cardinals game.

Damn. . .
Holy shit. That guy has some crazy fast twitch muscle fibers.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:01   Link #3850
Samari
World's Greatest

Hey WingDarkness, have fun playing an extra game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:05   Link #3851
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm hoping this is them having a sense of humor.

Spoiler for for size:
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:07   Link #3852
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I want to (metaphorically mind you), boil Tavaris Jackson in a stew of his own filth and watch that bird melt into steaming cloud amino acids...

Yep, we'll play an extra game thanx to the pretenders and the great Allhax Smith...I don't have to like it, but I'll take it...You should have great confidence in the way your team looked today...
Old 2011-12-24, 22:56   Link #3853
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm hoping this is them having a sense of humor.

Spoiler for for size:
Those Loins. Very strong!
Old 2011-12-25, 01:51   Link #3854
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I want to (metaphorically mind you), boil Tavaris Jackson in a stew of his own filth and watch that bird melt into steaming cloud amino acids...

Yep, we'll play an extra game thanx to the pretenders and the great Allhax Smith...I don't have to like it, but I'll take it...You should have great confidence in the way your team looked today...
I do have confidence because the 49ers won't be playing loud ass Seattle.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:35   Link #3855
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Solid performance by Green Bay tonight.

Okay, wingdarkness - time to prove Atlanta are pretenders!
Old 2011-12-26, 00:05   Link #3856
Kyuu
=^^=

Way to embarrass yourselves, Bears...
Old 2011-12-26, 00:29   Link #3857
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
How so? I'd say, considering their injuries, they did quite well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:42   Link #3858
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
There goes my insane vision of San Francisco gaining the first seed…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 02:45   Link #3859
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Exactly. No Cutler, Forte or Knox. And Urlacher came perilously close to getting felled tonight! If the equivalent were to happen to Green Bay, they wouldn't have Rodgers, Nelson and Finley (since GB don't need a running game). Or New England not having Brady, Welker and Gronkowski. Or New Orleans not having Brees, Sproles and Colston. ANY OFFENSE losing their top three players would be reduced to a weak pulse. Chicago made a fight of it in the 1st half and rallied a bit in the 4th. The simple fact is you can't stop Rodgers and co. unless both him and his receivers have a very off day. Which happened in Kansas City last week. A wake-up this call just before the playoffs usually acts as a positive spark for teams on a roll like that.

Cowboys - Giants is a guaranteed telecast for my area next week. Good times.
Old 2011-12-26, 04:00   Link #3860
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Rodgers crushed my Fantasy team. So, I'm quite butthurt.

OK. On a relatively more objective view...

Bears were able to drive on the Packers. Then again, Packer's D is weak. And that'll put a question on them come playoff time. The Bears showed how to slowdown the Pack - as they've managed to contain 3 consecutive Packer drives to 3-and-outs in the 2nd quarter.

Of course, things fell apart in the 3rd... as I heard on the radio on my way home from the sports bar. I figured to watch the 4th at home.

Tags
american football, sports