AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-30, 01:19   Link #121
wellis

Chapter 6 is out for the manga.
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 02:28   Link #122
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch6:
Old 2011-12-30, 09:34   Link #123
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for ch 6:
Old 2011-12-30, 16:07   Link #124
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Spoiler for chap 6:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 00:09   Link #125
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
this doesn't have harem elements does it. The cover with a single guy and 6+ girls makes me weary.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:13   Link #126
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Chapter 7 out. And I think this is the highlight of it. The JSDF has been busy while our main characters have been out on recon. The built a Star fort

It looks like we got an outer perimeter consisting of an elavated earthen wall, with bunker complex built into every outer tip. Inside that, we've got a killing field with what looks like obstacles/barbed wire.

The inner perimeter is an elevated concrete wall, with rifle holes, large machine gun nests(with digital cameras, probably with infrared) and anti aircraft guns. There's a trench built directly under the wall, and it goes straight down. An armored soldier would likely seriously injure themselves if they jumped down there, and they'd be EXTREMELY vulnerable to the defenders dropping hand grenades on them.

Mind, an exposed position like this wouldn't last long against modern artillery. But against anything remotely medieval in terms of kit this is going to be a nightmare when defended by modern weapons. Breaching the outer wall would be very difficult...and even if you managed that, you'd have to do it all over again against an even better fortified position. (All the while being pounded by machine guns, mortars and anti aircraft guns).

edit: This isn't even considering what a few batteries of 155mm howitzers would do to marching troop columns 30 klicks out.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:25   Link #127
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c7:
Old 2012-01-29, 22:23   Link #128
majestix1988

if this LN would be a game

nice story

maybe ask Activision + Bethseda on it O_o
Old 2012-01-29, 23:54   Link #129
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Link to Chapter 7 btw.

And yes, I never expected them to build an actual Star Fort there. They're SERIOUS.

Also, the previous chapter showed a detached recon group having difficulty with dragons. Well, no such difficulty here with high-powered anti-aircraft defenses, and the locals are gonna make a killing with the remains XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:34   Link #130
paladinenvec

Awesome!!! star Fort defense!!!!!Is cool how antiaircraft defense is so strong versus dragons ,still,is funny how ppl are making a living now from dragon goods...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 09:09   Link #131
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And yes, I never expected them to build an actual Star Fort there. They're SERIOUS.
The attack into Tokyo easily killed thousands of civilians. It's at LEAST on par with the September 11th attacks. And look at how the United States responded to that? Frankly it'd be nonsensical for them ONLY to send a recon platoon into the gate. A presence this large actually explains how a regular officer like our protagonist got this recon assignment just based on his actions during the invasion. This is a pretty damn large operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Awesome!!! star Fort defense!!!!!Is cool how antiaircraft defense is so strong versus dragons ,still,is funny how ppl are making a living now from dragon goods...
It turns out there's quite a bit of difference between .50 cal machine guns and 30-40mm anti aircraft guns

If they landed the Rheinmetall 120mm probably didn't help either.

Though it seems the local peasantry has taken on more to how valuable the dragons are dead than the JSDF guys have. Those scales are pretty small...but we've seen them not breaking against small arms and heavy machine gun rounds. It wouldn't surprise me if the local fantasy worlders are thinking about sewing the scales together into armor. Something like that would probably of benefit to even our modern technology.

Though perhaps they figure letting the peasants make off with all the scales will create local proof of how badass they are.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:04   Link #132
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 8 out

Artillery FTW

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:30   Link #133
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Gotta say that was awesome indeed, Artillery is one of my favorite things in RTS games and generally cool as hell when you see it rain down on on such forces like so.
Even better yet here when it's the whole modern day military might versus old military might.
I do like my old and future military stuff but when when it's pitted against present day might I have to side with the present.
It's like that film Final Countdown where the supercarrier Uss Nimitz is sent back to WW2 just befre the attack on Pearl Harbour.
While yes we didn't really get much old vs new it was cool none the less despite the film being not great

Think we saw some MBTs before but hope we get more from them, like full epic battle like!
Old 2012-02-28, 11:35   Link #134
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Shoulder to shoulder infantry formations out in the open trying to march against 155mm howitzers and MLRS rockets with proximity fuses?

Bitches be crazy!

...but really? Isn't this like, the 3rd army they've sent out that's been totally and utterlly annihilated in a one sided show of force? Shouldn't they be sending someone out with a white flag by this point?
Old 2012-02-28, 13:01   Link #135
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Shoulder to shoulder infantry formations out in the open trying to march against 155mm howitzers and MLRS rockets with proximity fuses?

Bitches be crazy!

...but really? Isn't this like, the 3rd army they've sent out that's been totally and utterlly annihilated in a one sided show of force? Shouldn't they be sending someone out with a white flag by this point?
It's probably pride. They Empire musta have never been defeated until they started to invade Earth where they got their assess kicked by the JSDF. Refusing to accept that some "foreign barbarians" beat them, they started to send more troops to show these barbarians who's boss. And look what happened, Curb. Stomp. Battle.

I like to wish the Empire luck but they probably deserve getting their asses kick for the Ginza massacre.
Old 2012-02-28, 14:23   Link #136
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Except the JSDF has so far been so efficient and extreme in their destruction of the armies coming at them, that I don't think the Empire really has any way of knowing if it's even Barbarians that are doing all this.

These guys are REALLY fucking haughty if everyone isn't in a panic over this.
Old 2012-02-28, 16:16   Link #137
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Except the JSDF has so far been so efficient and extreme in their destruction of the armies coming at them, that I don't think the Empire really has any way of knowing if it's even Barbarians that are doing all this.

These guys are REALLY fucking haughty if everyone isn't in a panic over this.
Well think thats a given that the Empire won't know what the JSDF really are, all they will think is they are a foreign enemy, something unlike they have ever seen, hence they will label them as such.
Pride and huaghty-ness can go hand in hand.
You could see the Empire being something akin to the Roman Empire in this sense.

And of course the JDSF will have been efficient and extreme in their ways when dealing with this foreign enemy.
I'd find it weird if they weren't so efficient in the destruction of invading armies that they have HUGE advantages over.

BTW in these cases, the advanced army would end up crumbling to some sorta sneak attack or the sort but I actually hope that doesn't happen here, would like this to break from the norm in that regard.
Would like to see the JDSF keep up there relentless barricade and put a stop to all attacks.
Very rarely you see a war time story where its the side the story is told from be on the winning streak.
Everyone's all about "oh buts that boring and what not" but fact is if the author is creative they can make it just as good as any other but still have the "good" side win out without reverting to old plot devices to make it interesting.
Old 2012-02-28, 18:33   Link #138
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well think thats a given that the Empire won't know what the JSDF really are, all they will think is they are a foreign enemy, something unlike they have ever seen, hence they will label them as such.
Pride and huaghty-ness can go hand in hand.
You could see the Empire being something akin to the Roman Empire in this sense.
That's not really very accurate. When the Romans lost three legions in the Battle of Teutoburg forest to the Germans, it was an event that profoundly shocked the empire. It had such impact on them that they NEVER used the numeral numbering for those legions ever again. And that was against an opponent they understood.

The leadership of an empire has to be seriously broken if they can react to the uncontested annihilation of their armies by an unknown force this flippantly.
Quote:
And of course the JDSF will have been efficient and extreme in their ways when dealing with this foreign enemy.
I'd find it weird if they weren't so efficient in the destruction of invading armies that they have HUGE advantages over.
Well obviously. Efficient warfare at it's core is forcing the enemy into a vulnerable position where can slaughter him.

Even back in the good old days of hand to hand combat war wasn't really that much more honorable of an affair. Most casualties in an ancient battle are typically inflicted when the enemy flanks, and forces their opponents into a route.

Is cutting down a fleeing panicked infantry soldier from a horse really that much more noble than lobbing a bomb at some poor unsuspecting schmucks from 2 klicks away?
Quote:
BTW in these cases, the advanced army would end up crumbling to some sorta sneak attack or the sort but I actually hope that doesn't happen here, would like this to break from the norm in that regard.
Would like to see the JDSF keep up there relentless barricade and put a stop to all attacks.
Very rarely you see a war time story where its the side the story is told from be on the winning streak.
Everyone's all about "oh buts that boring and what not" but fact is if the author is creative they can make it just as good as any other but still have the "good" side win out without reverting to old plot devices to make it interesting.
Indeed. I'd say it'd be practically impossible if the opposition was just a normal medieval civilization...but they DO have magic. And as incapable as the regular armies of this world are proving to be against the JSDF, it's important to remember that magic breached the gap between the worlds. Not modern earth science. It's clearly capable of things we're not.

That's probably why the JSDF has been so meticulous at fortifying the gate.
Old 2012-03-02, 06:18   Link #139
Seitsuki
Onee!

I've had a look, and this series seems pretty damn good, and noone's picked it up (or they're hiding real well). Which I thought is a real shame.

So out of sheer curiosity I print screened the first chapter and tried TLing it. Surprisingly, not that difficult, altho redrawing is a bitch.

Which just leaves.. is it alright to actually post it? >_> thought I'd better clarify first. Assuming anyone wants it.
Old 2012-03-02, 06:36   Link #140
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes please! If you want to be safe, you can pm us the download link.

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction