AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-23, 12:39   Link #261
ImperialPanda

I wish Oboro wasn't halfway insane. =/
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:58   Link #262
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I have to say, I was a little discouraged to learn the anime is based on a dreaded 'H' game. But I don't think we'll be seeing any of that in this show, thankfully...
It seems really quite rare for an anime based on an ero-game (use the correct term please ) to involve any of 'that'. About the only example I can really think of off the top of my head is Pia Carrot.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:14   Link #263
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I'm surprised there's not a single mention of Mononoke Hime in this thread. As this was the first thing that came to mind when I watched the first ep. Even Mutikapa seems to be based on Nago (i.e. crazed local demon/diety ravaging the village).
The first thing that came to my head while watching the first eps. where Nakoruru & Rimururu from the S.S. games.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:43   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I have to say, I was a little discouraged to learn the anime is based on a dreaded 'H' game. But I don't think we'll be seeing any of that in this show, thankfully...
Oddly enough, some of the most *outstanding* romance anime derives from ero-games. Sometimes they may have a bit of nudity (usually the contemplation in the bath --- very in context) and implied sex (REC - which isn't even based on an ero-game, just a nice romance).

It really just depends on what the anime writers do when they lift the source material -- as discussed in other threads, sometimes you get really excellent story especially if they just focus on one or two lines. Lamune is based on an ero-game but I would never have known it by watching the story (just a lovely little romance).
Old 2006-04-23, 14:52   Link #265
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
I wish Oboro wasn't halfway insane. =/
Spoiler:
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:06   Link #266
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Oddly enough, some of the most *outstanding* romance anime derives from ero-games. Sometimes they may have a bit of nudity (usually the contemplation in the bath --- very in context) and implied sex (REC - which isn't even based on an ero-game, just a nice romance).

It really just depends on what the anime writers do when they lift the source material -- as discussed in other threads, sometimes you get really excellent story especially if they just focus on one or two lines. Lamune is based on an ero-game but I would never have known it by watching the story (just a lovely little romance).
Well I enjoyed Tsukihime, for example, which went some way to changing my view of anime based on 'ero-games' (*euphemism check*). Though I don't have any interest in playing them at all.

So where does the Utawarerumono game stand in the grand scheme of things? Is it just light nudity or something more extreme?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:06   Link #267
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Lamune is based on an ero-game but I would never have known it by watching the story (just a lovely little romance).
Yup, and seeing our cute and innocent little Nanami dressed in black leather dominatrix getup was certainly a shock to the system I'm really quite glad they did what they did with the anime, heh.

/me goes back to patiently waiting for ep3 to finish downloading...
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:18   Link #268
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Uhm, is there any good pic of Oboro?
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:22   Link #269
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Uhm, is there any good pic of Oboro?
Spoiler:

do you mean wall-paper ???
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:47   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Benawi looks to be one hell of a warrior, can't wait to see more if him in battle & looks like we've got yet another cute character in the show, yay for Yuzuha. <3

Looks like a big part of the stories gonna start in episode 04, can't wait.
Old 2006-04-23, 17:46   Link #271
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Is Benawi human because I noticed he doesn't have any feathered ears.
Old 2006-04-23, 19:46   Link #272
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Wow, I have to say that I have never been so deceptioned with an specific episode in my life.

Is it Aquaplus, the studio that's animating the Utawareru Mono anime? Please tell me, so I never watch another anime made by them.

I'm not saying the story itself is at fault, but the way they adapted it. Come on, the entire episode is filled with completely nonsensical transactions, from beginning to end. The way they inserted the parts of the story didn't please me at all. Especially

Spoiler:

Story-wise, the episode was pretty enjoyable. Yuzuha is cute, and I'd have a stroke just to donate my heart to her.

But I'm telling ya. If they keep doing this kind of bad story progression, I'll have to stop watching Utawareru Mono.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:02   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ermm.. it is only the 3rd episode you know, you're having ago like it was the final.

Imo there was nothing wrong with it, it was a slow episode that had a few new characters in it.
Old 2006-04-23, 20:07   Link #274
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Ermm.. it is only the 3rd episode you know, you're having ago like it was the final.
Nope, the other two episodes were just fine for me. What I'm really complaining about is that this happened out of the blue in this one. I guess it was just a bad day for the guy who wrote the script.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:18   Link #275
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
It seems really quite rare for an anime based on an ero-game (use the correct term please ) to involve any of 'that'. About the only example I can really think of off the top of my head is Pia Carrot.
My friend, where you have been? Do you realize some *very good* anime shows nowadays where based on ero-bishojo games?

Kimi ga Nozomu Eyen, Nightwalker, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Popotan, Green Green, Triangle Hearts, To Heart 1 & 2, Comic Party, Utawarerumono, Pia Carrot, Da Capo, Air, Kanon, Natsuiro no Sunadokei, Phantom of Inferno, Kakyuusei 1 & 2, Soul Link, With You, Izumo, Refrain Blue, Raimuiro Senkitan, Shuffle, Deus Maquina Demonbane - just to name a fews - where all based on ero-bgames.

Like someone else said, just because they were originally ero-bgames, that don't means the anime will be erotic, too. And absolutely that don't mean their stories/scenarios sucks or were just lame excuses for sex .

Don't judge the bgames if you never tried anyone (not even the all-age versions, for that matter). Most of them had fantastic, interesting stories. Some of them so much, they got console versions without erotic content or other things like mangas and anime shows based.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 21:10   Link #276
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

You realize about half of the anime that you listed are crap.

Episode 3. I have to say that this was the strongest episode to date. It did the job that really should have been done in the first episode, ie, got me intrigued. The characters themselves haven't shown enough to be really interesting or enigmatic (with the arguable exception of Hakuoro), but it's still very early days. But the introduction of the sick girl was done fairly well and creates an oppurtunity for some sort of drama down the track. Also, we're getting some glimpses into the political structure of the world they live in, which hints at the possibility of a real epic story.

The directing is a tad uninspired, and the visuals are nothing special to look at. But this has set itself up to be a potentially interesting story. All of a sudden, I'm very interested in seeing where this is going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 21:16   Link #277
ImperialPanda

For one, I'm getting kind of sick of the whole "I will spare you now... so you can come back and kick my ass in episode 21." Get real.

The first two episodes were fairly good, bucked some trends. e.g. never seen before tail-grab, merciless slaughter, relatively interesting characters, etc.

Spoiler for third episode:

I hope it gets better, because there's one thing I'm really, REAAAAAAALY looking forward to: In the introductory sequence of the first episde, there's that dragon-thing-whatever. Now, given how that scene was scripted out there's a fairly high probability that the dragon is probably Hakuoro, whose injury and subsequent conversion to human might have had something to do with the previous Hakuoro (not as certain on this part).

So then, it would be perfect, absolutely perfect, if in, say, episode 14 or so Hakuoro regains his memory, turns back to the dragon, and goes evil Kerrigan-style. That would provide for some insane drama.

At any rate, if you've already played the game, I would actually appreciate it if you can PM me regarding whether this happens or not. So I can lower my expectations accordingly.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 21:35   Link #278
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

pheww~~~
Seen the third episode, and I'm still hooked as ever.
So many things I'm curious about.
Especially scenes from the opening where we get a war and some some cool looking armor and giants.
I still want to know who that winged girl is.
Strangely enough, this anime reminds me plenty of 'Dynasty warriors' and 'Devil Kings' on the ps2
Old 2006-04-23, 21:39   Link #279
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
You realize about half of the anime that you listed are crap.
No problem. There's a lot of bgames-turned-anime nowadays. I'm sure everyone will find some to like. I know i find many of them.

**Looks to your avatar**

And aparently, you already found yours, too.

Anyway. i'm liking this serie very much, too. Eruru and Aruru are very cute. But i have a strange feeling everytime Aruru call Haruoko "father" of her "baby"...
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 22:07   Link #280
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
I rather see him as a rude,stubborn and prejudiced.Look at the way he asked Benawi's name.At least he paid respect to Hakuoro in the end. One thing I still do not understand was that what the heck he was doing in the noble mansion, trying to steal the Muiko leaves ???? Will Hakuoro be the one who has a knowledge how to grow Muiko leaves ???
From that scene, I got the impression he was actually looking for something valuable to steal and then sell it. ( the comment about muiko leaves being expensive to produce would explains this)

"If" he was actually looking for the leaves, it would be interesting to know how he knew they were there in the first place.

Oh and sorry about the spoiler tag. Since the eps. is already subbed I dont think it matters that much now.

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg