AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-06, 21:24   Link #321
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana
i have read in another forum that the new extras in the DVDs wont make it in the english released DVDs
is this true ? cuz i am kinda in dilemma wheter i should wait for the english released DVDs or buy the limited editions now ...
There's no way to know, seeing as the show hasn't been licensed yet. Typically extras do make it over, but not always - it depends entirely on what can be negotiated in the license for each show. Certainly, the limited edition Japanese releases tend to have something you won't get in R1 releases - for example, the drama/soundtrack CDs probably won't make it over, and I doubt you'll get the sticker sheets (for example). But in terms of extras on the DVDs themselves, there's no way to know until the details of the license are announced.
Old 2006-09-07, 23:44   Link #322
Xeno_Ryvius

I am looking for a site that sells official chinese Haruhi novels and will ship to Canada, can someone help me out? I checked yesasia, but they are constantly running out of stock.
Old 2006-09-07, 23:45   Link #323
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno_Ryvius
I am looking for a site that sells official chinese Haruhi novels and will ship to Canada, can someone help me out? I checked yesasia, but they are constantly running out of stock.
yesasia does but it took some effort in finding them once they re-indexed...also this request should be in the merchandise thread isntead of this one
Old 2006-09-08, 09:41   Link #324
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
I moved your question to the Merchandise thread. Hopefully someone can help you out.

=^.^=
Old 2006-09-08, 11:21   Link #325
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
YesAsia has the worst personal record with me of *any* online vendor for claiming to have merchandise, taking the order, sitting on it for six weeks and then "not being able to get it". I've missed out on several limited edition items and books from them because of it and won't use them anymore.

I've not run across any Chinese versions of Haruhi (though I did find the Japanese versions in a local import bookstore recently where I'm at in Oregon.US). If I encounter any I'll post it here.
Old 2006-09-08, 11:44   Link #326
Rin-Sama
Banned

i heard a rumor that there is a figureine out there of Kyon's little sister in a bunny suit. is this true or not becasue i keep getting mixed answers on other faoums.
Old 2006-09-08, 15:54   Link #327
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

anyone knows if the song "God knows" and "Lost my music" is included in any of the soundtracks that came out for this anime????
just seen the episode where Haruhi plays these songs and they sound pretty good....just wondering though!
Old 2006-09-08, 16:21   Link #328
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
anyone knows if the song "God knows" and "Lost my music" is included in any of the soundtracks that came out for this anime????
just seen the episode where Haruhi plays these songs and they sound pretty good....just wondering though!
Well, yeah, in fact, they came out on their own CD Single, which also includes Mikuru's theme song from "episode 00".
Old 2006-09-08, 20:14   Link #329
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, yeah, in fact, they came out on their own CD Single, which also includes Mikuru's theme song from "episode 00".

oh dats kool.....but too bad, i'm not allowed to order online....
but yea, this show has some great songs in it!
and they're only high schoolers....hahahah
Old 2006-09-08, 20:26   Link #330
Rin-Sama
Banned

um hello? is anyone gonna answer my question?
Old 2006-09-08, 22:03   Link #331
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
um hello? is anyone gonna answer my question?
Uh, well...
Quote:
i heard a rumor that there is a figureine out there of Kyon's little sister in a bunny suit. is this true or not becasue i keep getting mixed answers on other faoums.
Did someone somewhere out there sculpt a figure like the one you describe in their spare time? Possibly - no one around here has posted pictures of it or anything and they'd tend to post that sort of thing. Is there an official mass-produced figure like that that you could easily buy? Unless you subscribe to the "Mikuru = Kyon's Sister" theory, no. As usual, ask the rumour-mongerers to post their source.
Old 2006-09-09, 02:05   Link #332
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unless someone can produce a picture or a link to a figure producing company or a pre-order form... then pretty much consider it bull****.
Old 2006-09-09, 19:48   Link #333
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Praise be to Haruhi. My faith in Her has been duly rewarded. I have secured a copy of Megami Deluxe with Her on the cover.

Blessed are the chosen warriors of Haruhi.
Old 2006-09-10, 01:08   Link #334
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Anyone have any idea anywhere I could get the Chinese Translated novel in Singapore?
Old 2006-09-10, 01:13   Link #335
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix
Anyone have any idea anywhere I could get the Chinese Translated novel in Singapore?
Comics Connection branches. I bought 6 volumes from there.
Old 2006-09-10, 02:02   Link #336
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Kinokuniya Bugis. They have all six volumes in stock IIRC.
Old 2006-09-10, 03:20   Link #337
Nirvaphreak
台灣人~囧

Send a message via MSN to Nirvaphreak
I just went ahead and bought all the novels(Japanese and Chinese) on my visit to Taiwan, along with some other craps....Iono what I'm ganna do with this mouse pad lmao

Also bought this official fan book......great waste of money
Old 2006-09-10, 05:41   Link #338
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Quote:
Kinokuniya Bugis. They have all six volumes in stock IIRC.
-_-"""

I went to Kino Orchard and found nothing. LOL. Should have went to Bugis instead, its closer...
Old 2006-09-10, 12:15   Link #339
Rin-Sama
Banned

It's offical. the Haruhi manga will be translated into English starting in January of 2007! I think Viz comics will be doing it.
Old 2006-09-10, 18:21   Link #340
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
It's offical. the Haruhi manga will be translated into English starting in January of 2007! I think Viz comics will be doing it.
Where the heck did you hear this? Where's the beef?

The only thing I saw of VIZ for '07 (for now) is here: http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=766

The only highlight is Shana volume 1 in April.

Closed Thread